GRILLED SWEET CORN WITH BASIL BUTTER
- Stir herbs into butter and let stand at room temperature while preparing corn.
- Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-hot charcoal (medium high for gas).
- Pull husks back from corn, covered only if using a gas grill, turning frequently, until tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Serve with basil butter and salt.
BASIL GRILLED CORN ON THE COB
Corn on the cob is a comforting and cherished Midwest dish. It's amazing when grilled, and my recipe adds a few unexpected ingredients to make it taste even more like summertime. -Caitlin Dawson, Monroe, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place corn in a 6-qt. stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak 20 minutes; drain. Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. Brush butter over corn; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Press 4 basil leaves onto each cob. Rewrap corn in husks; secure with kitchen string., Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning often. Cut string and peel back husks; discard basil leaves. Squeeze lemon juice over corn; sprinkle with cilantro. If desired, spread with additional butter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 489mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CORN WITH BASIL BUTTER
- Combine the butter, basil, lemon zest, garlic and a pinch of salt in a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Spread the basil butter on the grilled corn. Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with shredded Parmesan.
GRILLED CORN WITH BASIL BUTTER
- Combine the butter and basil in a food processor and process until smooth, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and pulse a few more times. Scrape into a small bowl.
- Put a large saute pan on the grill over low heat and add the basil butter. When the butter is hot add the corn kernels and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with torn basil leaves and scallions.
More about "grilled corn with basil butter recipes"
GRILLED CORN WITH BASIL BUTTER — LET'S DISH RECIPES
4.4/5 (25)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 8Total Time 25 mins
- Place the ingredients for the basil butter in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until blended. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Grill for about 10-15 minutes, turning frequently, until corn is charred and tender. Serve hot with basil butter.
GRILLED CORN ON THE COB RECIPE WITH HONEY BASIL BUTTER ...
Reviews 12Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 4Total Time 15 mins
RECIPE GRILLED CORN WITH BASIL BUTTER - RECIPES.CAMP
Servings 4Total Time 40 minsCategory Vegetarian
GRILLED CORN WITH TOMATO-BASIL BUTTER | 1MRECIPES
GRILLED CORN ON THE COB WITH PESTO BUTTER RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 30 minsCalories 168 per serving
- Combine butter, lemon zest, salt, pepper, garlic and 2 tablespoons each basil and Parmesan in a mini food processor. Process until smooth. (Alternatively, mash with a fork in a small bowl.)
- Brush corn with oil. Grill the corn, turning occasionally, until slightly charred and tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spread the butter mixture over the corn and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons each basil and Parmesan. Serve immediately.
GRILLED BASIL BUTTER CORN ON THE COB - GRILLING COMPANION
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Now it is time to get your hands dirty! Rub the ear of corn with the butter and basil mixture and then sprinkle the corn with Kosher salt on all sides. Be generous here and there's really no better way to do it other than using your hands to rub on the butter. If you have dry hands, you are welcome for the moisture treatment.
- Place the corn with butter basil in the middle of a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap on all sides to form a pocket. Make sure to seal the foil completely so nothing leaks out on the grill.
BUTTER BASIL GRILLED CORN ON THE COB | BUY THIS COOK THAT
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 minsCategory Side DishCalories 145 per serving
- Heat grill to medium high. Cook corn on the grill until browned on all sides, rotating every few minutes. The corn is done when you pull back the husk and the kernels are tender.
GRILLED PARMESAN GARLIC AND BASIL CORN ON THE COB
4.6/5 (4)Total Time 35 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 270 per serving
- Add the garlic to the grill 15 minutes before the corn. Add the cobs to the grill and grill until each side gets a nice char, turning often and checking so they don’t burn. About 15 to 20 minutes. Remove both the corn and the garlic.
GRILLED CORN ON THE COB WITH BASIL BUTTER
Reviews 34Total Time 15 minsServings 6
- Preheat a gas grill to medium-high heat. Sprinkle corn with salt and pepper. Grill ears of corn, turning occasionally until corn is golden-brown, about 5-8 minutes. (do not overcook corn) Transfer corn to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Prepare the basil butter: Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse several times until butter is smooth and creamy.
GRILLED CORN ON THE COB WITH BASIL-PARMESAN BUTTER ...
Servings 4Total Time 25 minsCategory Veggies
- Prepare the grill for your grilled corn on the cob with direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- In a small bowl mash the butter ingredients with the back of a fork and then stir to distribute the seasonings throughout the butter. Brush about 1 tablespoon of the seasoned butter all over each ear of corn.
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the corn over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until browned in spots and tender, 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from the grill and serve warm your perfectly grilled corn on the cob with the remaining butter spread on the corn.
GRILLED CORN WITH HERB BUTTER | GO BOLD WITH BUTTER
GRILLED CORN WITH GARLIC, BASIL AND CHEESE RECIPE
5/5 (8)Total Time 20 minsCategory Side Dishes
- 1. Set up your grill for direct grilling and heat to high. Brush or scrape the grill grate clean and oil it well.
- 2. Meanwhile, husk the corn: Cut the tapered ends off and strip back the husk as though you were peeling a banana. Strip them all the way back so you expose the entire ear, including the last inch at the bottom. Tie the husks back with butcher's string — the idea is to make a handle for eating the corn. Alternatively, use one or two strips of husk to tie off the handle. Pull off and discard any silk (the fine filaments between the husk and the ear). Skip this step if your corn comes already husked.
- 3. Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the garlic and basil, and cook over medium-high heat until fragrant, but not brown, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Lightly brush the corn on all sides with the garlic-basil butter and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the ears on the grate, sliding the foil grill shield under the tied-back husks to keep them from burning. Grill the corn until the kernels are darkly browned, rotating the ears every minute or so to ensure the ears cook evenly. You may hear some popcorn-like crackling — cool! Baste the corn with more garlic-basil butter as it grills. Total cooking time will be 8-12 minutes.
GRILLED CORN ON THE COB WITH BASIL BUTTER - THAT SKINNY ...
Reviews 46Category 160+ Side DishesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 17 mins
- Soak your corn on the cob in cool water for about 1/2 hour. Preheat your grill. Grill corn, turning every 2-3 minutes for about 12-15 minutes.
- Pull back husks of cooked corn (silk will peel with the husks) and spread basil butter over hot corn. Serve immediately.
BEST BASIL BUTTER RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CORN WITH BASIL BUTTER
Reviews 33Servings 4-8Cuisine AmericanCategory Appetizer
GRILLED CORN WITH BASIL BUTTER | RECIPE | BASIL BUTTER ...
GRILLED CORN WITH BASIL BUTTER RECIPE | PERFECT FOR SUMMER ...
GRILLED CORN WITH BASIL BUTTER RECIPE
GRILLED CORN WITH BASIL BUTTER RECIPE • WIKI RECIPES
GRILLED CORN WITH BASIL BUTTER RECIPES AND FOOD TIPS
GARLIC PARMESAN GRILLED CORN RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
GRILLED CORN WITH BASIL BUTTER | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD ...
GRILLED CORN WITH BASIL BUTTER - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
GRILLED CORN WITH BASIL BUTTER – RECIPES NETWORK
GRILLED CORN WITH BASIL BUTTER | RECIPE | RECIPES, COOKING ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook corn on the grill with butter?Directions Preheat grill to medium hot. Roll corn in a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt. When grill is hot, add corn and close the lid. Meanwhile, add the butter, basil, and salt to a food processer and let it rip. You may need to scrape down the sides once or twice. When the corn comes off the grill, slather it with the basil butter.
Why do you put Basil on corn on the cob?The basil adds a delightful brightness to the sweet corn, and it plays perfectly with the traditional butter and salt additions. Grilling the corn takes the most time, which was only about 6 minutes. The basil butter is a keeper -- and it's a good thing, because there is a lot of it left over.
How do you make corn taste better?This is a fast and simple way to make corn truly sing. The basil adds a delightful brightness to the sweet corn, and it plays perfectly with the traditional butter and salt additions. Grilling the corn takes the most time, which was only about 6 minutes. The basil butter is a keeper -- and it's a good thing, because there is a lot of it left over.
What goes well with corn on the cob?The basil adds a delightful brightness to the sweet corn, and it plays perfectly with the traditional butter and salt additions. Grilling the corn takes the most time, which was only about 6 minutes.