SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN
- In a shallow glass dish, mix the oil, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Add chicken, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken for 6 to 8 minutes each side, or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242.2 calories, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 67.1 mg, Fat 15.1 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 24.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 446.4 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
APRICOT GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS
This recipe is from the California Poultry or EATCHICKEN.COM It looked too good not to post!! This is in the oven since its been too cold to grill here. Bake at 350*F for 45 minutes till done then for the last 5 minutes baste with the glaze and marvel at your handy work! I freeze my ginger nobs and grate the frozen ginger onto...
Provided by Donna Thiemann
Categories Other Snacks
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 1. Season wings with salt. Heat grill to medium high.
- 2. In the bowl of a food processor (small if available), combine preserves, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, lime juice, vinegar, and cumin process until smooth. Add chives.
- 3. Place wings on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes. Turn, and grill for another 5-6 minutes. With a pastry brush or spoon, brush the sauce on the wings. Cook for about 1 minute, and turn. Repeat on other side of wings. Cook for another 1 minute. Wings should register 170º F when tested with an instant read thermometer.
- 4. Serve the wings garnished with lime wedges. Serves 4.
- 5. Nutrition Information, Per Serving: 670 calories; 34 g fat; 10 g saturated fat; 42 g carbohydrate; 27 g sugars; 49 g protein
- 6. Can be baked in the oven for 45 minutes at 350*F and the last 5 minutes of baking swap on the glaze!
APRICOT GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN
We really like Apricot Chicken. In the summer I hate to heat up the house. DH made this for a cookout. Absolutely delicious! **There is also a variation in the directions for Asian Glazed Chicken. *PLEASE NOTE!* For easier clean up I would suggest using a grill pan or aluminum to cook the chicken on. Found this recipe in Cooking Light.
Provided by kittycatmom
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect grilling. If using a gas grill, heat one side to medium-high and leave one side with no heat. If using a charcoal grill, arrange hot coals on one side of charcoal grate, leaving the other side empty.
- 3. Let chicken stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place chicken, meaty sides down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray over direct heat; grill 5 minutes or until browned.
- 4. Turn chicken over; baste with apricot mixture. Grill 5 minutes over direct heat or until browned. Turn chicken over, moving it over indirect heat; baste with apricot mixture. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Turn chicken over; baste with apricot mixture. Cook 20 minutes or until done.
- Asian-Glazed Grilled Chicken Variation:.
- Combine 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (or other hot chile sauce), and 3 minced garlic cloves, stirring well until blended. Prepare Apricot-Glazed Grilled Chicken, omitting apricot preserves, vinegar, olive oil, and garlic. Baste chicken with hoisin mixture after each turn. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half or 1 thigh and 1 drumstick).
SPICY APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN
Save yourself a trip to the store and check the fridge first. Chicken turns sweet and hot when you pull out the chili sauce, mustard and apricot preserves. -Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat broiler. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through., Place chicken in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 6-8 minutes on each side. Brush occasionally with preserves mixture during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 476mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 23g protein.
STICKY GRILLED CHICKEN
Just another quick glaze for chicken on the grill. You can make the glaze ahead, cover and refrigerate it for up to 2 weeks, if you like.
Provided by JackieOhNo
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, marmalade, garlic, vinegar, red pepper, chili powder, and mustard.
- Heat grill to medium. Place the chicken, skin-side up, over indirect heat, close lid, and cook for 25 minutes. Brush the glaze over the skin and continue to cook, brushing once more with the glaze, until cooked through, about 20 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 587, Fat 36.6, SaturatedFat 10.4, Cholesterol 181.1, Sodium 351, Carbohydrate 17.6, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 15.5, Protein 45.4
SPICY APRICOT CHICKEN THIGHS
Chicken thighs are inexpensive and make a great dinner for a large group. The apricot glaze gives the meat a tempting gloss and the few minutes in the broiler crisps the skin to perfection. Leftovers are great the next day, too! Just turn oven on 375° and heat chicken for 10-15 minutes. -Marcy Gallinger, Deer Park, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; rub over chicken. Place chicken, skin side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally., Turn chicken. Spoon some sauce over chicken. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken again; baste with sauce. Broil for 2-3 minutes longer or until browned. Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts :
GRILLED SPICY APRICOT CHICKEN - DELISH!!
An experiment of mine that turned out fantastic...the family just loved this chicken... tender, not too spicy, caramelized pieces of deliciousness...I used breasts and boneless thighs, each equally as good... Enjoy!
Provided by Cassie *
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. In a shallow dish, add all ingredients, except for the chicken, salt and pepper. Mix well and mash up any large pieces of apricot.
- 2. Once marinade is well blended, salt and pepper each piece of chicken and add the chicken pieces to the marinade, making sure all is coated well. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- 3. When ready to grill. Turn the grill on medium high. Once the grill is hot enough, place each chicken piece topside down on grids. Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes. Don't throw marinade away, you will be using it to baste the chicken, during the grilling process.
- 4. After 5 minutes turn the chicken 1/4 turn and continue cooking for another couple minutes to get some nice grill marks.
- 5. Turn to the other side and baste the grilled side. Close lid and cook for another 3 - 5 minutes. If the chicken is still pink in the center, continue basting and turning frequently, until chicken is completely cooked. Baste frequently and make sure to keep checking as they will caramelize quickly...
- 6. When no longer pink in center, remove to a baste the tops one last time, and remove to a serving platter. Serve immediately.
More about "grilled spicy apricot chicken delish recipes"
GRILLED APRICOT CHICKEN RECIPE - THE CAREFREE KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 220 per serving
- Start by trimming off any fat or tendons from your chicken breasts. Lay your chicken breast in a Ziplock bag or between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using a meat tenderizer, rolling pin, or the bottom of a mason jar, give the chicken a few good whacks on the thickest part of the chicken breast.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 Tablespoons of Apricot Jam, 2 Tablespoons of Lime Juice, the Acovado Oil, Garlic Salt, and Onion Powder. Mix with a fork until all ingredients are combined.
- Preheat the grill. Scrape and clean the grill if necessary. Spray the grill with non-stick cooking oil or vegetable oil before grilling. Using thongs, take the chicken out of the marinade. Lay the chicken smooth side down. Close the lid and let the chicken cook at approx. 375 degrees for 4-5 minutes.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, add the remaining 3Tablespoons of Apricot Preserves and 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice. Microwave for 15-20 seconds or until the preserves are a little runny and can spread easily. When the chicken is almost done the grilling, add some of the apricot preserves. When the chicken is done the cooking, add another layer of apricot glaze onto the chicken breast.
BEST STICKY GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE - DELISH.COM
5/5 (6)Servings 4Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs 35 mins
BEST GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE - DELISH
5/5 (36)Total Time 45 mins
APRICOT GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE - VINDULGE
5/5 (1)Category EntreeCuisine American, GrillingTotal Time 2 hrs 20 mins
- In a small saucepan over medium heat sauté shallots and jalapeños in olive oil for 8 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and let cook 1-2 minutes. Add jam and honey, stir, and bring to a slight simmer. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 additional minutes.
APRICOT CHICKEN GRILLED, SWEET AND TANGY | BUY THIS COOK THAT
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 84 per serving
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally to create two thinner pieces out of each. Cover and refrigerate until time to cook.
- In a medium bowl, combine the apricot preserves, chopped apricots, 4 tablespoons of the chicken broth. Stir in the mustard, soy sauce, lemon zest, pepper flakes, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat grill to a medium high heat, around 375 degrees. To get nice grill marks place chicken on the grill diagonally at a 45 degree angle. Let it cook for about 5 minutes. Rotate 90 degrees and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
SPICY APRICOT CHICKEN | CREME DE LA CRUMB
Reviews 2Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Add apricot preserves, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and crushed red pepper flakes to a medium sauce pan and bring to a slight boil. Place beaten egg in one bowl. In another bowl whisk together bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg, tossing to coat, then in the bread crumb mixture, tossing to coat. Pour about 1 cup of sauce into prepared baking dish. Place chicken breasts side by side on top of sauce. Cover chicken with remaining sauce. Bake 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Serve warm.
GRILLED APRICOT CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS - MAGIC SKILLET
Cuisine AmericanCategory ChickenServings 6Total Time 30 mins
- Grease grill rack with cooking spray. Grill,covered over medium heat for 20 minutes,turning and busting occasionally with apricot sauce.
APRICOT CHICKEN WINGS - EASY GRILLING - KITCHEN LAUGHTER
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 4Total Time 40 mins
- Mix all ingredients in a small pan and heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool to thicken.
- Set the grill temperature to 350 degrees on indirect heat. For Kamado grills, add a plate setter. For gas grills, turn off the center burners.
APRICOT GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN - EVERYDAYEILEEN.COM
5/5 (3)Total Time 22 minsCategory GrillingCalories 158 per serving
- Add the grated ginger, shallots, and garlic Stir frequently, about 2 minutes, shallots will be translucent.
- Add the apricot preserve, soy sauce, Mirin, and Dijon mustard.Stir until the flavors blend into the marinade.
CHIPOTLE APRICOT GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS | EASY CHICKEN ...
5/5 (6)Total Time 55 minsCategory DinnerCalories 294 per serving
- To a large bowl, add apricot preserves, chipotle peppers, smoked paprika, salt and water. Whisk together until combined and smooth. Remove 1/4 cup of the mixture and set aside for later.
- Add bone-in chicken thighs to the bowl with the sauce. Toss chicken to coat with the chipotle apricot marinade. Cover.
APRICOT GLAZED GRILLED BBQ CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE ...
Servings 4Total Time 25 mins
SPICY APRICOT WINGS RECIPE - CHRIS LILLY | FOOD & WINE
4/5 Category Comfort Food Recipes, BBQ, BBQ WingsServings 6Total Time 40 mins
APRICOT-GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN - KIWI AND CARROT
Servings 4-6Total Time 45 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
APRICOT GRILLED CHICKEN | PARENTS
Total Time 35 minsCalories 316 per serving
APRICOT GRILLED CHICKEN - MOM TO MOM NUTRITION
Servings 4-6Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Main DishTotal Time 25 mins
APRICOT-GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (13)Calories 247 per servingServings 4
JALAPENO APRICOT CHICKEN RECIPE
GRILLED APRICOT CHICKEN RECIPE- TFRECIPES
SPICY APRICOT GRILLED CHICKEN ANDREA REISER
GRILLED SPICY APRICOT CHICKEN - DELISH!!
GRILLED SPICY APRICOT CHICKEN DELISH- TFRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook chicken drumsticks in apricot sauce?Delicious chicken drumsticks with apricot sauce grilled on the grill. Season chicken drumsticks with salt and black pepper. In a small bowl,combine remaining ingredients. Stir well and set aside. Grease grill rack with cooking spray. Grill,covered over medium heat for 20 minutes,turning and busting occasionally with apricot sauce.
What is in Chipotle apricot grilled chicken thighs?These Chipotle Apricot Grilled Chicken Thighs are sweet, spicy, smokey and juicy chicken thighs slathered in an easy chipotle apricot glaze! So good. To a large bowl, add apricot preserves, chipotle peppers, smoked paprika, salt and water. Whisk together until combined and smooth. Remove 1/4 cup of the mixture and set aside for later.
How do you make apricot BBQ sauce?For the apricot BBQ sauce: Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chile and garlic; cook an additional 2 minutes. Stir in the apricot jam; cook until the jam melts, 3 to 4 minutes more.
How to make chicken wings with apricot preserves?Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the apricot preserves with the Worcestershire sauce, light brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, sweet paprika, cayenne and ginger. Scrape half of the mixture into a small bowl. Add the chicken wings to the large bowl and toss to coat well in the sauce.