GRILLED TUNA SALADE NIçOISE
- Make dressing:
- Whisk together vinegar, shallot, mustard, garlic paste, and anchovy paste in a small bowl until combined well, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified. Whisk in thyme, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook beans in a 4- to 6-quart pot of boiling salted water , uncovered, until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes, then immediately transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking. Add potatoes to boiling water and simmer, uncovered, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes, then drain in a colander. Halve potatoes while still warm (peel if desired) and toss with 2 tablespoons dressing in a bowl, then cool.
- Prepare grill for cooking. If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill, then light charcoal. Charcoal fire is medium-hot when you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 3 to 4 seconds. If using a gas grill, preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then reduce heat to moderately high.
- Brush tuna with oil and season with salt and pepper, then grill on lightly oiled rack, uncovered, turning over once, until browned on outside but still pink in center, 6 to 8 minutes total. Let tuna stand 3 minutes, then break into large (3-inch) pieces. Transfer tuna to a large platter and drizzle with 2 to 3 tablespoons dressing and top with capers.
- Transfer potatoes to platter with tuna, reserving bowl. Drain beans and pat dry. Toss beans in bowl with 1 tablespoon dressing and salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to platter. Toss lettuce in bowl with 2 tablespoons dressing and salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to platter. Toss tomatoes in bowl with 1 tablespoon dressing and salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to platter.
- Arrange olives and eggs on platter and sprinkle salad with parsley and/or basil. Serve salad with remaining dressing on the side.
GRILLED TUNA SALAD NICOISE
Anyone having access to fresh tuna knows that canned stuff does not taste like tuna. This doesn't need to be chilled very long. Serve on greens, maybe a little chopped egg on top
Provided by chef blade
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Whisk together oil, liquids, and seasonings.
- In large bowl, pour over tomato, olives, beans, onion and potatoes.
- Grill tuna steaks (preferably over charcoal) until just barely pink in the middle.
- Gently break up with fingers and lightly toss with veggies.
GRILLED AHI TUNA NICOISE SALAD
Provided by Food Network
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 40
- Trim the haricots verts, then blanch in boiling water and refresh in cold water. Drain and season with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme, to taste. Reserve in a bowl.
- Cut the onion into 1/4-inch round slices. In a small saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Saute the onions until caramelized, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Reserve in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, toss together the roasted peppers and 1/8 cup Nigoise Salad Dressing. Reserve.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/4-inch round slices. Place in a small bowl, add 1/4 cup Nigoise Salad Dressing, and toss until well blended. Reserve.
- In a small bowl, toss together the tomatoes and 1/8 cup Nigoise Salad Dressing. Reserve.
- To make crostini: Arrange the bread slices in a baking tray. Brush with olive oil and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 6 to 8 minutes. Allow to cool, then rub with garlic clove. For each of the crostini, spread 1 tablespoon Herbed Goat Cheese and top with 1 teaspoon Black and Green Olive Tapenade.
- In a small saucepan, over high heat, add the remaining 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and sear tuna fillets until all sides are brown, about 1 to 2 minutes, keeping the centers rare. Remove from heat and slice each tuna fillet into 5 round slices.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together the mixed baby lettuces with 1/4 cup Nigoise Salad Dressing.
- To serve, divide the haricots verts, onion, bell peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, and olives into 6 portions. For each plate, arrange 3 portions of each ingredient by placing them in a clockwise fashion, starting with the haricots verts at 1, 5, and 9 o'clock positions near the rim of the plate. Continue to place the onion, bell peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, and olives between the haricots verts. Place quail egg halves over the peppers and an anchovy over the potatoes. Mound half of the lettuce in the center of each plate. Arrange the tuna slices on the side of the salad and top the lettuce with the crostini.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, garlic, and shallots. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to emulsify. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and sugar. Refrigerate in a covered container. When ready to use, whisk again.
- Yield: 2 1/2 cups
- Recipe courtesy Wolfgang Puck, Pizza, Pasta & More!, Random House, 2000 .
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients, except the olive oil and crostini. Using the pulse button, process until coarsely chopped and well blended. Continue to process, slowly adding the olive oil. Refrigerate in a covered container. Spread on homemade crostini, recipe follows.
- Yield: 1 heaping cup
- Herbed Goat Cheese: 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1 (7 or 8-ounce) log goat cheese
- Combine the parsley, chives, thyme, and pepper and place on a flat surface. Roll the log of cheese in the mixture, coating all sides and retaining the shape of the log. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Yield: 1 log
- Oven-dried Tomatoes: 12 medium Roma tomatoes (2 pounds) 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus additional as needed 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves 6 garlic cloves, crushed 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch tomatoes. Drain and refresh in ice water. Drain. Peel, core, cut into quarters, and remove seeds.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and arrange the tomato quarters on the tray, cut side down. Drizzle generously with olive oil. Sprinkle with thyme and garlic. In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and sugar, and sprinkle evenly over the tomatoes.
- Bake until the tomatoes begin to shrivel, about 1 hour. When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, transfer to a container. Pour olive oil over and cover the container. Refrigerate and use as needed.
- Yield: 1 1/4 cups
NICOISE SALAD WITH GRILLED TUNA
This is our family's favorite Nicoise salad. You can substitute canned tuna or grilled chicken for the grilled tuna. Change out the vegetables to suit your taste. The dressing is the best part - flavorful enough to stand up to the potatoes and tuna, without overwhelming the greens. I like to use a mix of lettuces in this salad - for flavor and appearance. Serving size is a generous plateful.
Provided by dianegrapegrower
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Brush tuna with lemon, olive oil, and pepper. Grill to desired degree of doneness. Set aside.
- Thoroughly combine dressing ingredients. Set aside. (We usually have a little dressing leftover).
- Heat water to boiling. Cook potatoes until tender, cool in iced water until room temperature. Remove, and pat dry. Cook green beans until crisp-tender, cool in iced water. Remove and pat dry.
- Toss salad greens and onion together. Drizzle with dressing, toss, and divide between two plates. Divide tuna between plates, and center on lettuce.
- Toss potatoes with 1-1/2 T. dressing, divide between the plates. Toss green beans with 1/2 T. dressing, and divide between the plates. Divide remaining vegetables and eggs between the plates, arranging attractively. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
GRILLED TUNA NICOISE PLATTER
- To grill the tuna, get a charcoal or stove-top cast iron grill very hot. Brush the fish with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill each side for only 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. The center should be raw, like sushi, or the tuna will be tough and dry. Arrange the tuna, haricots verts, potato salad, tomatoes, eggs, olives, watercress, and anchovies, if used, on a large flat platter.
- For the vinaigrette, combine the vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion. Drizzle some over the fish and vegetables and serve the rest in a pitcher on the side.
- Drop the white and red potatoes into a large pot of boiling salted water and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until they are just cooked through. Drain in a colander and place a towel over the potatoes to allow them to steam for 10 more minutes. As soon as you can handle them, cut in 1/2 (quarters if the potatoes are larger) and place in a medium bowl. Toss gently with the wine and chicken stock. Allow the liquids to soak into the warm potatoes before proceeding.
- Combine the vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion. Add the vinaigrette to the potatoes. Add the scallions, dill, parsley, basil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and toss. Serve warm or at room temperature.
More about "grilled tuna salade nioise recipes"
TUNA NIçOISE SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.8/5 (59)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 6-8
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, mustard, honey, pepper, and 1 tsp. kosher salt in a medium bowl; set dressing aside.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully add eggs and cook 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water (keep pot over high heat); chill until cold, about 5 minutes. Peel; set aside.
- Meanwhile, add green beans and potatoes to the same pot of boiling water and cook until just tender, 2–4 minutes for green beans, 10–15 minutes for potatoes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to bowl of ice water; let sit until cold, about 3 minutes. Transfer to paper towels; pat dry.
- To serve, slice eggs in half and arrange on a platter with cooked and raw vegetables and tuna. Top with pickled-briny ingredient(s), sprinkle with sea salt, and drizzle some reserved dressing over. Serve with remaining dressing alongside.
GRILLED SALADE NIçOISE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine FrenchCalories 710 per serving
GRILLED TUNA SALADE NIçOISE – COOKED - BOXY STUDIO
Servings 2Total Time 1 hrCategory SaladsCalories 100 per serving
GRILLED TUNA NIçOISE SALAD | METRO
5/5 (3)Total Time 43 minsServings 4
GRILLED SALADE NIçOISE RECIPE - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
Category Europe, SaladsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
GRILLED TUNA SALADE NIçOISE – AN ECHO IN THE KITCHEN
GRILLED TUNA SALAD NIçOISE RECIPE - P3 HCG DIET SALAD ...
NIçOISE SALAD RECIPE WITH FRESH GRILLED TUNA | SEASONED ...
GRILLED TUNA SALAD NIçOISE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 32 mins
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Cook potatoes on well-greased grill grates 12 minutes or until tender. Toss with 2 tablespoons Caper Vinaigrette; set aside.
- Cook haricots vert in boiling salted water to cover 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water; drain. Toss with 2 tablespoons Caper Vinaigrette; set aside.
- Sprinkle tuna with salt and pepper. Grill on well-greased grill grates 3 minutes on each side (for medium-rare) or to desired degree of doneness. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange salad greens, potatoes, haricots vert, tomatoes, and next 3 ingredients on 4 serving plates. Top with tuna. Drizzle with remaining Caper Vinaigrette.
GRILLED TUNA NIçOISE SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (2)Calories 437 per servingServings 4
- Scrub potatoes. Place wet potatoes in an 8-inch square baking dish; cover with wax paper. Microwave at high 3 minutes. Add beans to dish; cover. Microwave at high 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender; drain. Rinse with cold water.
- While vegetables cook, combine the dressing and tarragon. Set aside 1/4 cup dressing mixture; brush remaining dressing mixture over fish. Grill steaks over high heat 3 minutes on each side or until medium-rare (140º to 145º) or desired degree of doneness. (Do not overcook or fish will be tough.)
- Arrange greens on 4 serving plates. Drain potatoes and green beans; thinly slice potatoes. Arrange potatoes, green beans, egg, and olives over greens. Top each salad with a steak; sprinkle with capers. Drizzle with reserved dressing.
GRILLED NIçOISE TUNA STEAKS RECIPE - MELISSA RUBEL ...
4/5 Category Seafood Recipes, Fish Recipes, TunaServings 10Total Time 50 mins
- In a medium bowl, whisk the olive oil with the wine, mustard, thyme, fennel and shallots. Arrange the tuna steaks on a large rimmed baking sheet and pour the marinade over them. Turn the tuna steaks to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, for 4 minutes per side, until medium. Thinly slice the steaks, transfer to plates and serve.
RECIPE: GRILLED TUNA STEAK NIçOISE SALAD | SAINSBURY'S RECIPES
Servings 4Calories 485 per servingTotal Time 50 mins
NIçOISE SALAD WITH GRILLED TUNA & POTATOES - RECIPE ...
4.6/5 (7)Category First CourseCuisine FrenchCalories 690 per serving
GRILLED TUNA SALADE NIçOISE – BASIL
4.1/5 (17)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory SaladsCalories 230 per serving
FOR A LATE-SUMMER GATHERING, TRY THIS SPIN ON A SALADE ...
RECIPE FOR TUNA NICOISE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
RECIPE SALADE NICOISE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
AHI TUNA NICOISE SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
GRILLED TUNA SALAD NIçOISE | RECIPES | BROIL KING®
GRILLED TUNA SALAD NICOISE IS A HEALTHY AND LIGHT SUMMER DISH.
GRILLED TUNA SALADE NIçOISE – PHAB RECIPES
JACQUES PEPIN SALAD NICOISE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
GRILLED TUNA SALAD NIçOISE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are some good recipes to serve with tuna salad?Toss tomatoes in bowl with 1 tablespoon dressing and salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to platter. Arrange olives and eggs on platter and sprinkle salad with parsley and/or basil. Serve salad with remaining dressing on the side. ·Tuna can be cooked in a hot lightly oiled well-seasoned ridged grill pan over moderately high heat.
How to make tuna crostini salad?Arrange the tuna slices on the side of the salad and top the lettuce with the crostini. In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, garlic, and shallots. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to emulsify. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and sugar. Refrigerate in a covered container.
How to cook tuna steak with vinaigrette?Directions 1 To grill the tuna, get a charcoal or stove-top cast iron grill very hot. Brush the fish with olive oil, and sprinkle... 2 For the vinaigrette, combine the vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion. More ...
How to cook tuna on a charcoal grill?To grill the tuna, get a charcoal or stove-top cast iron grill very hot. Brush the fish with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill each side for only 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.