- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Peel each onion, and core out the center. Drop a beef bouillon in the core of each onion, and cover the bouillon with 1 tablespoon of butter. Wrap tightly with aluminum foil.
- Cook on grill for 30 to 60 minutes, or to desired doneness. Be careful not to puncture the aluminum foil, or the juices will drip out, and the onion will burn.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156.3 calories, Carbohydrate 11.8 g, Cholesterol 30.7 mg, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 2.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 949.1 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
VIDALIA ONION TART WITH BACON, LOCAL HONEY, AND FRESH THYME
- To prepare the pastry, pulse together the flour, butter, and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a plastic blade until the butter is about the size of small peas-about ten pulses. Gradually, drizzle in the ice water while pulsing. The amount needed will depend on the moisture content of the flour. Add just enough water for the dough to form a loose ball. Turn the pastry out onto a lightly floured surface and quickly form the dough into a 1-inch-thick disk. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes (or up to three days) to rest. Preheat oven to 375 degrees about 20 minutes before you're planning to bake the tart.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon in a single layer and cook, turning as needed, until the bacon is crispy and the fat has been rendered. Remove the bacon to drain on paper towels to cool, chopping coarsely once cool enough to handle. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat (discarding the rest or using for another purpose) in the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Add the onions, salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook over medium heat until the onions have softened, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes. Do not let the onions brown!
- Add the wine and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook until the wine has cooked down to a glaze, about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the honey and reserved chopped bacon. Stir and cook 5 minutes more. Remove the onion mixture from the heat and spoon into a shallow pan; refrigerate to cool. When cooled, drain off any excess pan juices and stir in the egg and cream. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- To assemble, roll the reserved dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Line the pan(s) with the pastry and form even edges. Refrigerate another 10 minutes, then line the pastry with parchment paper and fill with pie weights. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove the paper and weights and bake another 15 to 20 minutes to brown the bottom. Allow to cool slightly before filling. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees. Fill the pastry crust with the onion mixture and bake until golden brown and the filling is set, about 35 minutes.
GRILLED SIRLOIN STEAK AND VIDALIA ONIONS
- Heat your grill. Peel and slice onions about 3/4-inch thick. Brush oil on onions, place on hot grill and cook until they are translucent. Season steaks with rotisserie blend seasoning, salt and pepper and cook on grill to desired doneness. Arrange on serving plate with onion disks in middle of plate, and serve.
VIDALIA ONIONS FOR THE GRILL
- Cut each onion into approximately 8 wedges.
- Place wedges on a large sheet of aluminum foil.
- Slice butter into dabs and place on top of the onion.
- Add garlic, bouillon cube, and seasoning salt.
- Wrap in foil paper ensuring that the seams are closed tightly. I usually wrap again with another sheet of foil.
- Place foil package on the hot grill for 30 to 40 minutes, turning frequently.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 128.5, Fat 11.7, SaturatedFat 7.4, Cholesterol 30.7, Sodium 358.4, Carbohydrate 5.8, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 2.6, Protein 1
GRILLED ONION BLOSSOMS (FOIL WRAPPED)
Sweet onions such as Vidalia and Walla Walla are mellow enough to eat raw, but they are excellent "baked" on the grill and served with grilled steaks or burgers. Try them in the oven too.
Provided by Karen From Colorado
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Peel onions.
- Cut almost through each onion forming 8 wedges.
- Place each onion in a 24x18 inch piece of foil.
- Stir together the melted butter, mustard and hot sauce.
- Drizzle over onions.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Seal each onion in the foil packet using a double fold leaving head space for steam to build.
- Grill on a covered grill for about 25 minutes or until onions are nearly tender.
- Make a 2 inch opening in the top of each packet.
- Cover and grill for 10 minutes more or until onions are slightly browned.
- Remove onion blossoms from foil packets and sprinkle with pepper.
More about "grilled vidalia onions with bacon butter recipes"
GRILLED VIDALIA ONIONS WITH BACON BUTTER RECIPE - SECRET …
Cuisine American, BBQ, SouthernTotal Time 40 mins
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
GRILLED VIDALIA ONION STEAKS - PAULA DEEN
GRILLED VIDALIA ONION - GRILLED VIDALIA ONION WITH DALE'S …
BAKED VIDALIA ONIONS - DEEP SOUTH DISH
SWEET VIDALIA ONION AND BACON FOIL PACKET MEAL - A …
10 VIDALIA ONION RECIPES THAT EVERYONE WILL LOVE
BACON-WRAPPED STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS - PAULA DEEN …
BACON WRAPPED VIDALIA ONION & THE "V" CULINARY …
GRILLED BACON WRAPPED VIDALIA ONIONS! - SWEET TEA AND CORNBREAD
BEST VIDALIA ONION RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
GRILLED VIDALIA ONIONS WITH BACON BUTTER | RECIPE | BACON AND …
GRILLED VIDALIA ONIONS WITH BACON BUTTER - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
SO GOOD: WHOLE GRILLED REALSWEET VIDALIA ONIONS MAKE GROWN …
VIDALIA ONION AND BACON TART » RECIPE » ZOUS CHEF
GRILLED VIDALIA ONIONS WITH BACON BUTTER | KEEPRECIPES: …
12 VIDALIA ONION RECIPES ADD A NEW TWIST TO A CLASSIC VEGETABLE
GRILLED VIDALIA ONIONS - MOMMY HATES COOKING
BAKED VIDALIA ONION RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
GRILLED VIDALIA ONIONS WITH BACON - YOUTUBE
GRILLED VIDALIA ONIONS WITH BACON BUTTER | RECIPE - PINTEREST
VIDALIA ONION AND BACON STUFFED JALAPEñOS - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
GRILLED FRENCH VIDALIA ONIONS - AN AFFAIR FROM THE HEART
GRILLED VIDALIA ONIONS | RECIPE | THE FRESH MARKET
GRILLED VIDALIA ONIONS - MOMMY HATES COOKING
EASY GRILLED ONIONS IN FOIL - FORK IN THE KITCHEN
BRANDIED CARAMELIZED ONION DIP (SO CREAMY & EASY-TO-MAKE!)
BACON AND BLUE CHEESE STUFFED VIDALIA ONIONS - GRILLGRATE
GRILLED VIDALIA ONIONS WITH BACON BUTTER – RECIPES NETWORK
VIDALIA ONION NUTRITION FACTS - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO GRILL SWEET VIDALIA ONIONS - GRILLING 24X7
SMOKED VIDALIA ONION DIP WITH GRILLED CRUDITéS - SOUTHERN LIVING
VIDALIA ONION BACON CHEESEBURGER – PERFECT ON THE GRILL!
VIDALIA ONION HASH BROWN CASSEROLE WITH BACON - SWEET SAVANT
EASY-DOES-IT VIDALIA ONIONS BAKED OR GRILLED - RECIPESNOW!
BURGER RECIPES: BALSAMIC PECAN BURGER WITH GRILLED VIDALIA ONION …
GRILLED VIDALIA ONIONS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
You'll also love