HALIBUT WITH LEMON, SPINACH, AND TOMATOES
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat add the olive oil and heat. When oil is hot, place the halibut steaks in pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes each side, or until a fork can be easily inserted into the fish. Season, to taste, with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- In another large saute pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter. Add the spinach gradually along with the crushed garlic and salt. Saute until the spinach is wilted. Season, to taste, with lemon juice and pepper.
- In a small saucepan combine the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, and kalamata olives. Heat quickly on high heat so that the tomatoes do not turn into a sauce.
- Put spinach in center of each plate then place the piece of halibut in the center of the spinach. Spoon the sauce over the halibut and garnish with fresh basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1402.3, Fat 123.9, SaturatedFat 20, Cholesterol 85.5, Sodium 1852.5, Carbohydrate 24.7, Fiber 9.8, Sugar 6.7, Protein 56.5
BAKED HALIBUT WITH ORZO, SPINACH, AND CHERRY TOMATOES
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Whisk 2 tablespoons oil and lemon juice in bowl; season dressing with salt and pepper. Place halibut on rimmed baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with some of dressing. Bake until just opaque in center, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite; drain. Add 2 tablespoons oil and garlic to same saucepan; sauté over medium heat 1 minute. Add drained pasta, spinach, and tomatoes; stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand 1 minute (spinach will wilt). Divide pasta between 2 plates. Top with halibut and remaining dressing.
SAUTEED HALIBUT WITH WILTED SPINACH AND TOMATO DRESSING
This is a family favorite from Executive Chef Paul Klitsie, Ristorante Fraatelli in Portland, OR. The ingredient list looks long, but it really goes together quickly. The dressing needs to be made ahead as it needs to marinate for 4 hours.
Provided by lazyme
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 22
- To make dressing:.
- Slice off the top and bottom ends of tomatoes and cut them lengthwise into quarters, removing the seeds.
- Lay the tomato quarters skin side down on a cutting board and fillet the skins from the meat.
- Dice the tomatoes into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Combine the tomatoes, red onions, garlic, lemon zest, orange zest, thyme, Italian parsley, olives and anchovies and gently toss in a metal bowl.
- Add the salt, pepper and sugar.
- Mix gently.
- Add the red wine vinegar and stir. Carefully add the extra-virgin olive oil, making sure that the oil covers the ingredients.
- Marinate the dressing for four hours.
- To make the spinach:.
- Heat a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add half the onions, half the wine, half the spinach, the salt and pepper.
- Cook together until the spinach is wilted by half.
- Add the rest of the onions, wine and spinach. (Half of the spinach will be more cooked; this will add variation to the color and texture).
- If desired, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To make the halibut:.
- Season the fish on both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring a large saute pan to high heat.
- Add olive oil and then saute the fish in the pan with the "skin" side down for about 3 minutes, until this side appears to be crisp and golden brown.
- Flip the fish to its other side and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- The halibut is best served when it is still medium-rare to medium on the inside.
- Longer cooking may result in the fish becoming dry.
- To assemble:.
- Divide the spinach among 6 plates and place sauteed halibut over spinach.
- Stir the dressing , and evenly divide dressing over each portions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1176.5, Fat 83.3, SaturatedFat 11.6, Cholesterol 130.4, Sodium 610.3, Carbohydrate 14.4, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 5.3, Protein 89.7
HALIBUT WITH TOMATO AND SPINACH
- Put the tomato halves in a food processor and process to make a smooth purée. Set aside.
- Season the halibut chunks with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Spread the flour on a plate, and lightly dredge the halibut, tapping off the excess.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the olive oil into a large skillet, and set over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the fish and brown on all sides, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes in all. Remove the fish to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the sliced garlic to the skillet. Let the garlic sizzle for a minute, then pour in the tomato purée. Slosh out the food processor's work bowl with 1 cup hot water, and add that to the skillet. Season with the peperoncino. Bring to a rapid simmer, and cook until very thick, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Season the sauce with the remaining teaspoon of salt, and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Increase heat to high, add the spinach, and cook until spinach is just wilted into the sauce, about 3 or 4 minutes. Divide the spinach and sauce among plates, and serve the halibut on top.
EASY LEMON HALIBUT
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add flour to a Reynolds® Large Oven Bag. Shake. Place bag in 2-quart rectangular baking dish at least 2 inches deep.
- Place spinach in bag; sprinkle with onion. Top with fish. Stir together the butter, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Brush over fish. Arrange lemon slices over fish. Close bag with tie (found inside package). Cut six 1/2-inch slits in top of bag to allow steam to escape. Tuck ends of bag in dish.
- Place dish in oven, allowing room for bag to expand during cooking without touching heating elements, wall, or racks. Bag should not hang over dish.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Cut open top of oven bag carefully. Remember: Always support bag with the dish.
- Serve fish with spinach and lemon, and spoon any juices over the top. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207.5 calories, Carbohydrate 8.6 g, Cholesterol 51 mg, Fat 8.6 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 25.8 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 287.4 mg, Sugar 1 g
PAN-ROASTED HALIBUT WITH CLAMSHELL MUSHROOMS AND LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
Mushrooms and halibut have a natural affinity for each other, and both are wonderful with the lemon-parsley butter sauce. So, whether you fear cooking fish or not, I hope you give this super simple yet fabulous recipe a try soon.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat until butter melts and begins to foam. Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt; saute in hot butter and oil golden brown, about 5 minutes. Push mushroom to the edges to clear a space in the center of the skillet.
- Season halibut on each side with salt and cayenne pepper. Place halibut fillets in the center of the skillet and cook until the fillets begin to flake, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer halibut to a warm serving plate.
- Pour the water into the pan and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon, until water is reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour lemon juice into mushroom mixture and stir.
- Stir butter and parsley into mushroom mixture. Stir constantly until butter melts and forms a sauce; remove from heat and season with salt and black pepper. Spoon sauce and mushrooms over halibut.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 406.9 calories, Carbohydrate 0.6 g, Cholesterol 101.5 mg, Fat 25.8 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 41.8 g, SaturatedFat 10.7 g, Sodium 211.6 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
More about "halibut with lemon spinach and tomatoes recipes"
HALIBUT WITH LEMON MASHED POTATOES AND GARLIC SPINACH RECIPE
EASY BAKED HALIBUT WITH TOMATOES – REAL FOOD WITH SARAH
BAKED HALIBUT WITH SPINACH - THERESCIPES.INFO
CAPERS AND HALIBUT RECIPES
HERB AND WINE HALIBUT STEAK RECIPES
CREAMY DIJON HALIBUT WITH SPINACH LEMON BULGUR RECIPE
PERFECT HALIBUT OVER SPINACH RECIPE FROM JESSICA SEINFELD
HALIBUT WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES - ORENDA INTERNATIONAL®
HALIBUT WITH TOMATO AND SPINACH - LIDIA
HALIBUT WITH LEMON, SPINACH, AND TOMATOES RECIPE
BAKED HALIBUT WITH ORZO, SPINACH, AND CHERRY TOMATOES RECIPE
GRILLED HALIBUT WITH SPINACH AND SPICY THAI CHILES RECIPES
EASY DINNER RECIPE: BAKED FISH, SPINACH, AND TOMATOES IN FOIL …
LEMON-MARINATED HALIBUT RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
WORLD BEST FILLET COOKING RECIPES : HALIBUT WITH LEMON, SPINACH, …
SAFFRON-SCENTED HALIBUT WITH SPINACH, ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO
ONE-PAN MEDITERRANEAN BAKED HALIBUT RECIPE WITH VEGETABLES
HALIBUT WITH LEMON, SPINACH, AND TOMATOES – RECIPES NETWORK
HALIBUT WITH LEMON, SPINACH, AND TOMATOES RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
HALIBUT WITH MUSHROOMS AND SPINACH - KEVIN LEE JACOBS
BAKED LEMON GARLIC HALIBUT - JO COOKS
PERFECT HALIBUT OVER SPINACH RECIPE FROM JESSICA SEINFELD
PAN SEARED HALIBUT WITH CREAMED SPINACH RECIPE - CHEF DENNIS
HALIBUT WITH LEMON, SPINACH, AND TOMATOES | RECIPE | FOOD …
HALIBUT SPINACH LEMON BASIL - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
PAN SEARED HALIBUT RECIPE WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
HALIBUT WITH LEMON, SPINACH, AND TOMATOES | RECIPE | TOMATO …
HALIBUT RECIPES WITH SPINACH - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BAKED HALIBUT WITH LEMON & THAI CHILI - MEATIFIED
LEMON HERB BAKED HALIBUT RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BAKED HALIBUT WITH ORZO, SPINACH, AND CHERRY TOMATOES - DAIRY …
ROASTED HALIBUT WITH TOMATOES, LEMON, AND DILL - FOR THE LOVE OF …
HALIBUT AND SPINACH BEST RECIPES
LEMON HALIBUT RECIPES
PAN-SEARED HALIBUT WITH TOMATOES, WHITE BEANS, AND SPINACH
BAKED HALIBUT WITH ORZO, SPINACH AND TOMATOES – THE PANAMA …
HALIBUT AND SPINACH RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HALIBUT WITH CHERRY TOMATOES CAPERS AND OLIVES RECIPES
HALIBUT PICCATA WITH SPINACH RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
You'll also love