HAM & CHEESE CHOWDER
- Place potatoes and baking soda in a large saucepan. Add water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup potato water., In same pan, heat butter over medium heat; saute onion until tender, 2-4 minutes. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir 2 minutes. Gradually stir in milk and reserved potato water. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes., Stir in cheeses until melted. Stir in ham and potatoes; heat through. If desired, sprinkle with chives and pepper.
HAM AND CHEESE CHOWDER
- Combine potatoes, broth, carrots, and garlic in a large pot and bring to a boil, about 5 minutes. Stir in salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until potatoes and carrots are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add corn and ham. Reduce heat to lowest setting.
- While soup simmers, melt butter in a saucepan and whisk in cornstarch. Add milk and whisk to combine. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, 3 to 5 minutes. Add Cheddar cheese and stir until melted, about 2 minutes. Pour mixture into the pot with the soup. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes more, or until ready to serve.
CHEESY HAM CHOWDER
My five children all agree that this soothing recipe is wonderful. The soup is full of potatoes, carrots and ham. The best part is that I can get it on the table in only a half hour of hands-on time. -Jennifer Trenhaile, Emerson, Nebraska
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. In the drippings, saute onion and carrots until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. , Add the potatoes, corn, bouillon and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add cheese and ham; heat until cheese is melted. Stir in bacon.
HEARTY POTATO, HAM AND CHEESE CHOWDER
We all hated potato soup, until I came up with this combination. It is a hearty meal on a cold winters day. Extra ham and bacon, make it even more filling. It is a large batch, but freezes well. I sometimes bake the potatoes the night before, to save time.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Always in the kitch
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- Bake potatoes until done.
- Cut four potatoes into small cubes.
- Mash the remaining four with a fork.
- Set aside.
- Using a large soup pot, saute onion and celery in the 4 tablespoons of margarine or butter.
- Cook until celery is tender.
- Remove vegetables from pan.
- Place remaining 6 tablespoons of butter or margarine in pan.
- Add flour.
- Mix over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly to blend with flour mixture.
- Add bouillon cubes and black pepper to taste.
- Readd celery and onions to pot.
- Add mashed potatoes.
- Cook until heated through.
- Add ham, and cubed potatoes.
- Cook over medium low heat 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add cheese and bacon, if using, and cook until cheese is melted through.
- Add more milk if soup is too thick.
CHEDDAR HAM CHOWDER
Delicious, very modifiable chowder. Serve this with a salad and rolls or beer bread. Yum! Consider this a basic recipe that can be modified according to specific tastes and needs. Carrots and celery can be added when cooking the potatoes if desired. Bacon would be delicious in this as well.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Angela
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- Bring water, potatoes, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat, cover with a lid, and simmer until vegetables are just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Melt butter in a separate large saucepan over medium heat. Stir flour into melted butter until smooth. Gradually stir milk into butter-flour mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir cream cheese and Cheddar cheese into milk mixture until melted. Pour potato mixture, including liquid, into milk-cheese mixture; add corn and ham. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soup is heated through, 10 to 15 more minutes.
CHEESY HAM CHOWDER
This is a wonderful Fall recipe. It came from a "Taste of Home" magazine. It is warm, filling and makes quite a bit. One of our favorite soups!
Recipe From food.com
Provided by tree luee dee
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- In a dutch oven or large soup kettle cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- In the leftover drippings, saute onion and carrots until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually add milk and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the potatoes, corn, bouillon and pepper.
- Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cheese and ham.
- Heat until cheese is melted.
- Stir in bacon.
People also searched
More recipes about ham potato cheese chowder recipes
Cheesy Ham and Potato Chowder - Spicy Southern Kitchen
Recipe From : spicysouthernkitchen.com2020-04-15 · The ham and cheese gets added just before serving. The cheddar cheese is what really makes this soup as delicious as it is. It’s hard to resist cheesy goodness. Plus it helps give the soup a really thick and hearty consistency. All said and done, you can have this Cheesy Ham and Potato Chowder … ...
Potato, Ham and Cheese Chowder - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.com2008-02-05 · Home > Recipes > Potatoes > Potato, Ham and Cheese Chowder. Printer-friendly version. POTATO, HAM AND CHEESE CHOWDER : 2 med. potatoes, peeled and cubed (2 c.) 1 c. chopped onion 3 tbsp. butter 1/2 c. water 3 c. milk 1/4 c. flour Dash pepper 1 1/2 c. cubed, cooked ham 1 1/2 c. (8 oz.) cubed pasteurized process cheese (Velveeta) Combine potatoes, onion, butter and … ... Show details
The Best Crockpot Ham, Potato & Cheese Chowder – Homemade ...
Recipe From : homemadeitaliancooking.com2017-11-16 · Place the diced potatoes, onion, cooked ham, cream cheese, Cheez Whiz, chicken stock, tarragon and pepper in a large crockpot. Put on high and allow to simmer for 4 to 6 hours. Halfway through the cooking, remove the lid and stir all the ingredients until the base is smooth. Stir in the corn. ... Show details
20-Minute Ham and Cheddar Chowder Recipe - These Old …
Recipe From : theseoldcookbooks.com2019-01-09 · Add milk to the rue while whisking constantly. Heat over medium heat and continue to stir until the sauce begins to thicken. Add shredded cheese, and stir until completely melted. Once the potatoes have simmered for 10 minutes; check to make sure they are … ... Show details
Easy Cheesy Ham & Potato Chowder - Frugal Hausfrau
Recipe From : frugalhausfrau.com2018-04-02 · Reduce to a good simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, 6 to 10 minutes or so. Drain in colander. In the still hot pan, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and saute until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook, whisking for about two more minutes. Add … ... Show details
10 Best Ham Potato Cheese Soup Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.comThe Best Ham Potato Cheese Soup Recipes on Yummly | Creamy Potato & Cheese Soup, Broccoli Potato Cheese Soup - Weight Watchers, Cheesy Potato Ham Chowder ... Show details
Instant Pot Cheesy Ham Chowder - 365 Days of Slow Cooking ...
Recipe From : 365daysofcrockpot.com2020-02-10 · When the display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the onion and saute for about 4 minutes. Pour in the broth. Add in the carrots, potatoes, corn, pepper, thyme and ham. ... Show details
Ham and Corn Chowder with Potato | RecipeTin Eats
Recipe From : recipetineats.com2014-12-27 · Just before the potato has finished cooking, add the corn in (just to heat it through). While the potato is cooking, heat olive oil in a small fry pan over high heat. Add the ham and sauté for 1 - 2 minutes until nicely browned. Remove fry pan from the heat and set aside. ... Show details
Tops Friendly Markets - Recipe: Cheesy Potato Ham Chowder
Recipe From : topsmarkets.comTops Friendly Markets provides groceries to your local community. Enjoy your shopping experience when you visit our supermarket. ... Show details
Cheesy Ham 'n Corn Chowder Recipe | Land O’Lakes
Recipe From : landolakes.com8 ounces (1 cup) cooked ham, chopped. 1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn. Get Ingredients. How to make. STEP 1. Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan until sizzling; stir in onion and green pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes or until tender. STEP 2. Stir in flour until smooth and bubbly. ... Show details
Potato and ham chowder recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comPotato and ham chowder recipe. Learn how to cook great Potato and ham chowder . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Potato and ham chowder recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Potato and ham chowder recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! ... Show details
Potato Ham Chowder Recipe with Betty Crocker Potatoes
Recipe From : findingzest.com2011-11-18 · Filed Under: Featured, Giveaways, Main Dishes, Recipes Tagged With: au gratin potatoes, betty crocker, chowder, ham, potato, recipe, spud hub About Emilie Emilie is a Minnesota mom of three boys ages 14, 13 and 9. ... Show details
Creamy Ham Potato Chowder Recipe - Creations by Kara
Recipe From : creationsbykara.comInstructions. In a large soup pot, boil vegetables in water, salt, and bouillon till tender, about 10 minutes. Add pepper and ham. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour. Slowly whisk in the milk and keep whisking till smooth. Cook over medium heat till bubbly, stirring constantly. ... Show details
Potato Ham Chowder - Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Recipe From : crunchycreamysweet.com2020-01-06 · Cook for 2 minutes. Add ham and stir in. Add stock and 1 cup of milk. Cook on medium-low heat until the potatoes are done, about 15 to 18 minutes. Mix cornstarch with half and half. Add to soup and cook until the chowder thickens. Add shredded cheddar and stir in until melted. Serve with crispy bacon and ham on top. ... Show details
Ham Broccoli and Potato Chowder - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.com2021-03-04 · 1 10 oz. pkg chopped frozen broccoli (thawed) a pinch of salt, to taste In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Sauté onion until light browned and translucent; add ham cubes and minced leek, if using. ... Show details
Ham and Corn Chowder Recipe - A Delicious Leftover Ham Recipe
Recipe From : makeyourmeals.comAdd in the cream, corn, ham, potatoes, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, and most of the bacon (I save the rest for garnishing the bowls later on). Increase the heat to high and bring the soup to a boil. Once it's boiling, reduce the heat to a rapid simmer so it's gently boiling. Cook … ... Show details
Potato ham chowder recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comPotato ham chowder recipe. Learn how to cook great Potato ham chowder . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Potato ham chowder recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Potato ham chowder recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! 80% Summer Corn and White Bean Soup Crecipe.com Do you want to know how to … ... Show details
Ham and Cheddar Corn Chowder | The Cooking Bride
Recipe From : cookingbride.com2011-09-12 · Instructions. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium high heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional 30 seconds. Add the potatoes, chicken stock, cayenne pepper, and coriander. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer, covered, for 35 minutes. ... Show details
Ham and Potato Corn Chowder | Recipe | Recipes, Fall soup ...
Recipe From : pinterest.caMay 8, 2016 - Ham and Potato Corn Chowder Recipe : A lighter, creamy and tasty ham and potato corn chowder that is pure comfort in a bowl! ... Show details
Cheesy Chowder- TfRecipes
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comReduce heat; add the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender., Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese, stirring until melted; add to broth along with ... ... Show details
Ham & Cheese Chowder | Recipe | Chowder, Soup recipes ...
Recipe From : pinterest.caNov 23, 2018 - Chowder makes chilly days instantly cozier. This easy one, with cheddar, potatoes and smoky ham, warms you up from head to toe. —Mandy Beerman, Houstonia, MO ... Show details