HERBED PUMPKIN GRAVY
- Stir oats into 3 cups water in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook at a simmer until the oats are tender and the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir 2 cups hot water into the cooked oats. Strain water to use as 'oat broth' into a large sauce pan. Save cooked oats for another use.
- Stir pumpkin puree, sugar, herbes de Provence, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder into the oat broth with a whisk until smooth; add olive oil and stir to combine. Thin the gravy with more hot water, if desired. Place the saucepan over medium heat, bring the gravy to a simmer, and cook until hot, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88.6 calories, Carbohydrate 14.8 g, Fat 2.5 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 222.5 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
ROASTED HERBED PUMPKIN
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine olive oil, coriander, oregano, garlic, fennel, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a bowl. Add pumpkin pieces and toss with spice mix. Layer in a roasting dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until soft, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 97.4 calories, Carbohydrate 9.1 g, Fat 7.2 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 583.6 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
HERBED PUMPKIN SEED MOLE (MOLE VERDE CON HIERBAS)
In Oaxaca, green mole (_mole verde_) is one of the seven famous moles-with fresh herbs giving it fabulous color. This version is sometimes called *mole pipían*, referring to the pumpkin seeds used in it.
Provided by Cecilia Hae-Jin Lee
Yield Makes about 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet with high sides or in a large saucepan, toast the pumpkin seeds, cumin seeds, and oregano over high heat. Toss to make sure they don't burn, but toast until fragrant, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer to a blender or spice grinder and process until ground. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, tomatillos, garlic, and jalapeños and cook until slightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes, tossing a couple of times, but not stirring too much. Carefully place the vegetables in a blender or food processor. Then add the broth, cilantro, parsley, epazote (if using), and salt and process until puréed. Pour back into the skillet and add the ground pumpkin seed mixture. Let simmer until flavors are well combined, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately. Any leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for a couple of days.
HERBED PUMPKIN FLATBREAD
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, whisk the first 6 ingredients. Add pumpkin, 1 tablespoon oil and water; stir until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times, forming a soft dough. Cover and let rest 15 minutes., Divide dough into 4 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 6-in. circle. Brush flatbreads on both sides with remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook flatbreads until golden brown, 1-2 minutes on each side. Serve warm and if desired, top with fresh thyme and rosemary and serve with tzatziki sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 525mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
- Chop your pumpkin into cubes, (any size up to 1", but they have to be even, or some won't cook!) Enough to cover the bottom of the frypan in a single layer.
- Melt about 100gr butter, add pumpkin, and coat in butter.
- Sprinkle with mixed herbs, (about a good teaspoon, or to taste) and a little salt and pepper.
- If the pumpkin isnt very sweet, you can sprinkle with the sugar.
- Shake the pan to stop the pumpkin from sticking, and when the cubes start to colour, add 1 cup chicken stock.
- Enough to come about half way up the pumpkin.
- Cover and turn heat right down.
- Shake the pan occasionally, and check every few minutes, add a little more stock or water if necessary.
- When the pumpkin is cooked, turn off heat.
- When you are ready to serve, put the pan over very high heat, take the lid off and let all the liquid evaporate, and the bottom of the pumpkin brown a little, (or burn if you like it that way!).
More about "herbed pumpkin recipes"
BAKED PUMPKIN WITH OLIVE OIL AND ... - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
5/5 (142)Calories 108 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Set an oven rack to the lowest position. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry the pumpkin. Place it in the microwave and microwave it for one minute on high, to soften.*
- Carefully, using a very sharp chef’s knife and back-and-forth sawing motions, cut the pumpkin in half (slice a sliver from the stem side first if you don’t want to cut through the stem, which is difficult to do).
- Use a large metal spoon to remove the pulp and the seeds. If some stubborn pulp remains, cut it with kitchen scissors. If desired, save the seeds to make roasted pumpkin seeds.
ROASTED PUMPKIN RECIPE: EASIEST WAY TO ROAST PUMPKIN
4.9/5 (15)Total Time 25 minsCategory Side DishCalories 87 per serving
- Heat oven to 400F. Using a large metal spoon, scoop out the seeds and insides of the pumpkin. Save the seeds for roasting. Use a sharp chef's knife to cut slices of pumpkin, 1-inch thick.
- Place pumpkin slices on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and rub on both sides of pumpkin. Season with salt, spices and brown sugar. Roast for 18-20 minutes, depending on thickness of pumpkin slices (check at 15 minute mark).
16 BEST ROASTED PUMPKIN SEED RECIPES - HOW TO BAKE PUMPKIN ...
Occupation Deputy EditorAuthor Candace Braun Davison
HOW TO ROAST PUMPKIN SEEDS + 6 PUMPKIN SEED SEASONINGS ...
Reviews 134Calories 269 per servingCategory Snacks
- Fill a medium-size mixing bowl with warm water. Add in the pumpkin seeds, and then swirl around with your hand or a spoon to dislodge any of the pumpkin "gunk." Let rest for five minutes. The pumpkin seeds will float to the top, and the pumpkin guts will sink to the bottom.
SPICY ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
5/5 (65)Calories 101 per servingCategory Snack
- In a medium bowl, using a large spoon or your clean hands, mix the pumpkin seeds, the oil, and the seasonings.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until golden, stirring the seeds halfway through, 15-20 minutes. Start checking after 15 minutes and watch out to make sure they don't burn - they progress from pale to browned very fast.
- Serve immediately - they are wonderful when warm. Keep completely cooled leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.
PUMPKIN PASTA WITH WINTER HERBS AND PARMESAN CHEESE RECIPE ...
4.8/5 (33)Author Alex GuarnaschelliServings 4-6Category Main-Dish
BAKED PUMPKIN WITH AROMATIC HERBS RECIPE - OLIVE OILS FROM ...
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
HERBED PUMPKIN SOUP | CANADIAN GOODNESS
Servings 6Energy 197 CaloriesCarbohydrate 16 gFat 10 g
PUMPKIN & HERB DOGGY TREATS BY THERMODETTE. A THERMOMIX ...
Servings 1Total Time 30 minsCategory Baking-Savoury
HASSELBACK PUMPKIN WITH HERB BUTTER RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
Servings 4Total Time 45 minsCategory Side Dish
HERBED PUMPKIN FLATBREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF ...
Cuisine Africa, Egyptian, Asia, Europe, MediterraneanTotal Time 25 minsServings 4Calories 231 per serving
HERBED PUMPKIN WHOLE WHEAT BREAD FROM "PRIYA'S VERSATILE ...
PUMPKIN SOUP HERBS – FOODS TREND
HERBED PUMPKIN | PUMPKIN RECIPES, SAVORY PUMPKIN RECIPES ...
HERBED PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
HERBED PUMPKIN FLATBREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
PUMPKIN SEED RECIPE - 10 DELICIOUS WHOLE30 APPROVED ...
HERBED PUMPKIN RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
GARLIC HERB PUMPKIN FLATBREAD - WATCH WHAT U EAT
HERBED PUMPKIN SEEDS - HAPPY HOUR PROJECTS
PUMPKINS FILLED WITH HERBED BEEF RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #yams-sweet-potatoes #south-west-pacific #side-dishes #potatoes #vegetables #australian #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #dietary #seasonal #inexpensive #brunch
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make baked pumpkin with aromatic herbs?Preheat the oven to 180ºC (top and bottom heat). Line an oven tray with baking parchment and arrange the pumpkin slices on it. Scatter the herbs over the slices evenly and season to taste. Place the whole, unpeeled garlic cloves around the slices. Drizzle generously with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
Can you add herbs to a pumpkin soup?Pumpkin soup is not only flavored with herbs. There are plenty of options that ensure that your soup has just that little bit extra. You can fill this in yourself with all kinds of tasty toppings or preparations. As I mentioned, you can also add other ingredients that are not herbs or spices. Feta, for example, gives a creamy taste to the soup.
What's the best way to cook pumpkin seeds?Preheat oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet (or two, depending on how many seeds you have) with parchment paper. Toss the towel-dried pumpkin seeds with oil, salt, and seasoning, making sure each seed is well-coated. Spread the seeds in one even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
How to cook a pumpkin with olive oil and spices?Use a vegetable peeler to peel the skin off. Cut the peeled pumpkin slices into cubes. Place the pumpkin cubes in a large bowl and coat them with olive oil and spices. Transfer the seasoned pumpkin pieces to a parchment-paper-lined rimmed baking sheet. Roast them until fork-tender, about 30 minutes at 425°F, tossing them halfway through.