- Rub the pork belly top and bottom with the Aleppo pepper. Combine the kosher salt, curing salt, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large, nonreactive container and bury the belly completely in the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 days.
- Remove the belly from the refrigerator and discard the cure. Rinse the remaining cure off the meat and pat it dry. Set the belly on a baking sheet and loosely cover. Allow to sit in the refrigerator another 2 days. On the second day, set the hickory chips in water to soak overnight.
- Using a conventional smoker, smoke the belly until the internal temperature reaches 145°F. Once the belly is smoked and cooled, cut into 4 sections. Wrap the sections well in plastic wrap and foil and store in the freezer until needed, up to 3 months.
HOME-CURED JALAPEñO BACON
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Trim pork belly to fit into a large zip-top bag.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Pour cure into zip top bag with the pork belly. Seal and refrigerate, turning daily, for seven days.
- On the seventh day, remove the pork belly from the fridge and rinse well.
- Pat dry with paper towels. Pre-heat oven to 200°F. Place pork belly fat side up on a rack on baking sheet (line with foil for easy clean-up).
- Roast pork belly 2 or more hours until a thermometer reads 150°F in the center. Alternately, you can smoke or grill to this same internal temp.
- Remove pork from the oven and slice off the skin while still hot. Seal pork in plastic and refrigerate up to 10 days or freeze.
- To serve, slice thinly and pan-fry or chop and add to beans or stews. Freeze for about 30 minutes or until firm and slice with a sharp chef's knife.
More about "home cured jalapeo bacon recipes"
BACKWOODS JALAPENO BACON CURE | LEM PRODUCTS
Web Custom Blended for Wild Game and Domestic Meat. Description. Specs. There is something about the combination of jalapeno, pork, salt and smoke that makes your mouth water, …
JALAPENO CANDIED BACON RECIPE | HOW TO CANDY BACON - YOUTUBE
Web This will satisfy all your bacon cravings and so easy to fix. Thanks for watching and please like and share the videos. #bacon #candiedbacon #KentRollins Pri...
HOME CURED JALAPENO BACON! | STUFFED JALAPENOS WITH BACON, …
Web Jul 17, 2015 - Home Cured Jalapeno Bacon! This Bacon is BACON. It is meaty and chewy with sweet and hot undertones. It makes the packaged Bacon taste like salt and …
HOW TO MAKE JALAPENO BACON RECIPES - STEVEHACKS
Web Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Mix cream cheese and Cheddar cheese together in a bowl until evenly blended. Fill each …
HOME-CURED MAPLE BOURBON BACON - CREATIVE CULINARY
Web Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place rack in a roasting pan. Put the belly on the rack and pour bourbon into the pan. Cook the pork belly to an internal temperature of 150 …
HOW TO MAKE AND CURE YOUR OWN BACON AT HOME - JESS PRYLES
Web Start by curing the belly: In a small bowl, combine the pepper, sugar, paprika, salt & curing salt. Place belly on a foil lined tray and pat dry with paper towels. Using half of the cure …
JALAPENO BACON RECIPE AND COOKING TIPS - HOWCHIMP
Web Get your jalapenos and dice them manually. Get the brown sugar and rub it in your bacon. Make sure both sides of the bacon are covered with sugar. Place the bacon jalapenos …
STEP BY STEP: HOMEMADE SMOKED JALAPENO BACON - YOUTUBE
Web I used curing pink salt #1 to cure bacon for 10 to 12 days, then cold smoked for 6 hours. In my recipe, I added sugar-free picked jalapeno and maple syrup t...
HOMEMADE BACON RECIPE [THREE DIFFERENT FLAVORS!]
Web 1 cup sea salt. 1 cup Italian herbs. For all cures, mix them together and massage it into your meat (insert tongue and cheek comment here). I flipped these over multiple times to …
HOW TO CURE BACON - TASTE OF ARTISAN
Web Combine the salt, Cure #1, and black pepper in a small bowl. Apply the dry cure mix evenly on all sides of the pork belly. Place the pork into a Ziploc bag, or vacuum-seal, and …
BROWN SUGAR JALAPEñO BACON RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
Web Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Parchment paper also works well. Lay the bacon slices out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Mix together the …
HOMEMADE MAPLE BOURBON JALAPENO BACON - FOODIE …
Web Stir together the maple syrup, brown sugar, bourbon, water, and salt until the salt and sugar are fully dissolved. Cut the pork belly into 4 equal pieces. Put each piece of pork belly …
HOME CURED BACON - KENT ROLLINS
Web Flip the bacon over and cook for about 1 ½ hour or until the internal temp is 145 to 150 degrees F. Remove the pork from smoker and place on a wire rack on a baking sheet …
HOME CURED JALAPENO BACON! - BACON ADDICTS
Web Home Cured Jalapeno Bacon! Posted on July 09, 2015. Tagged as: jalapeno Recipe Salt sweet. This Bacon is BACON. It is meaty and chewy with sweet and hot undertones. It …
You'll also love