CHINESE STEAMED CAKE
Although real Chinese dinners usually end with a piece of fruit, Western influence has caused a few changes. This cake uses Chinese techniques to make a French inspired, and extremely moist, sponge cake.
Provided by Kevin Ryan
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Arrange a large bamboo steamer or a large vegetable steamer over simmering water. Make sure it is large enough to hold the baking pan. Line a 9 inch square pan with waxed paper.
- Separate the eggs. Place the yolks in a large bowl along with the sugar and water. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture has increased about three times in volume. Whisk together the flour and the baking powder; sift this over the egg mixture, and fold in gently. Blend in the extract.
- Whip the egg whites in a clean bowl to stiff, not dry, peaks. Fold into yolk base. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and smooth out to edges. Rap the pan on the counter to get rid of large air bubbles.
- Place the pan into the steamer. Cover the top of the steamer with a kitchen towel, and place the lid on top; the towel will absorb any steam that collects on top from dripping onto the cake. Steam for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioner's sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 193 calories, Carbohydrate 37.6 g, Cholesterol 93 mg, Fat 2.7 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 55.8 mg, Sugar 23.6 g
STEAMED SPONGE CAKE
- Arrange a large bamboo steamer or a large vegetable steamer over simmering water. Make sure it is large enough to hold a 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. In a medium bowl, beat together egg yolks, milk and vanilla. Quickly fold into whites until no streaks remain. Sift together flour and baking powder, then quickly fold into egg mixture. Pour batter into 10 inch tube pan.
- Place the pan into the steamer. Steam for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165.4 calories, Carbohydrate 30.8 g, Cholesterol 103 mg, Fat 2.5 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 69.9 mg, Sugar 18.4 g
HOME MADE STEAMED CAKE
very simple to make -delicious
Provided by stelladias77
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix the flour,sugar and baking soda in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add water egg honey and vanilla, mix well.
- Cover the mixture and let rise in warm place, about 30 minutes.
- Pour batter in to moulds(paper cups)till 90% steam on high heat for 30 minutes or till cooked
- Serve and enjoy.
EASY STEAMED SPONGE CAKE
I grew up on this. I usually make 2 batches so it lasts. Great warm or cold. I don't have a formal steamer, so I just use my wok with a small support in the middle to hold up the cake pan.
Provided by UW4Life
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Put eggs and sugar into mixing bowl.
- Beat on high for 5 minutes until creamy.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Blend on low for 3-5 minutes until smooth.
- Line 9-inch cake pan with wax paper.
- Pour mixture into cake pan.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Steam for 15 minutes, knife should come out clean when inserted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167.5, Fat 3.6, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 79.3, Sodium 26.9, Carbohydrate 29.8, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 19, Protein 4
BISQUICK STEAMED CAKE
My mother used to make this when I was young. She would spread butter on top of the cake as soon as it came out of the steamer. Heavenly.
Provided by Wenstar
Yield 1 cake
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl mix ingredients well until smooth.
- Pour into greased 8 or 9 inch cake pan (round or square, your choice).
- Place in steamer and steam for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- I you desire you may spread cake with butter while hot and sprinkle with sugar or sugar and cinnamon.
- Optional: if you have a large steamer you can make muffins.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and steam for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2387.2, Fat 83.3, SaturatedFat 35.5, Cholesterol 540.1, Sodium 3726.9, Carbohydrate 370.2, Fiber 5, Sugar 228.6, Protein 44
More about "home made steamed cake recipes"
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
LEMON STEAMED CAKE | LOVEFOODIES
226 EASY AND TASTY STEAMED CAKE RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
STEAMED CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - YUMMY TUMMY
STEAMED CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | YUMMY.PH
10 BEST STEAM CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
STEAMED SPONGE CAKE | SOFT AND FLUFFY - MY LOVELY RECIPES
17 STEAMED RECIPES WE LOVE - INSANELY GOOD
STEAMED CAKE (OLD FASHIONED DIM SUM) - CHRISTINE'S …
HOMEMADE STEAMED CAKE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
GREEN TEA STEAMED CAKE 抹茶蒸しパン • JUST ONE …
TRADITIONAL STEAMED EGG CAKE 传统蒸鸡蛋糕 - EAT …
HOMEMADE STEAMED CAKE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
CHINESE STEAMED SPONGE CAKE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
CAKE WITH STEAMED - 51 RECIPES - PETITCHEF
RECIPE OF HOMEMADE MIX PUTTU(COLORED STEAMED CAKE)
STEAMED NIAN GAO WITH FRESH GRATED COCONUT - KUALI
STEAMED CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | NO OVEN!!!
CHINESE STEAMED CAKE (MA LAI GAO) – FEAST GLORIOUS FEAST
FILIPINO STEAMED CAKE (PUTO CAKE) - RIVERTEN KITCHEN
QUICK AND EASY STEAMED CAKE - OKAWARI SHITENE COOKING
HOW TO MAKE CHINESE STEAMED SWEET RICE CAKES - ONO HAWAIIAN …
STEAM CAKE RECIPE | EGGLESS STEAMED SPONGE CHOCOLATE CAKE
226 EASY AND TASTY STEAMED CAKES RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
10 BEST STEAMED BUTTER CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHINESE STEAMED SPONGE CAKE (MA LAI GAO - FOODELICACY
CHINESE STEAMED CAKE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
STEAMED CAKE RECIPE | ZARNAK SIDHWA | MASALA TV
STEAMED CUSTARD CAKE - YUMMY KITCHEN
STEAMED RADISH CAKE RECIPE (TURNIP CAKE) 萝卜糕 | HUANG KITCHEN
TRADITIONAL STEAMED SPONGE CAKE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
STOVE TOP CAKE : STOVE TOP BAKING RECIPES : STEAMED VANILLA CAKE …
RECIPE OF ULTIMATE STEAMED RICE CUPCAKES – SUPERTCC.COM
STEAMED APPLESAUCE CAKE RECIPE
MATCHA STEAMED CAKE RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
MOIST STEAMED CHOCOLATE CAKE - JAJA BAKES - JAJABAKES.COM
FILIPINO STEAMED BANANA CAKE RECIPE - RECSEPI
STEAMED SPONGE CAKE RECIPE | PANLASANG PINOY RECIPES™
STEAMED SPONGE RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY WAY TO MADE DIM SUM STEAMED COCONUT CAKE--椰奶 …
You'll also love