Here's a great salami recipe. You can add spices to make pepperoni too.
Provided by BEULAH MAE
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, black pepper, garlic, mustard seed and curing salt until well blended. Divide into 2 or 4 rolls, wrap in aluminum foil, and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the wrapped rolls in the water, and simmer for 1 hour over medium to low heat. Remove carefully, and poke holes in the foil to drain. Set aside to cool. Remove foil, and rewrap with new aluminum foil. Refrigerate until fully chilled, about 3 hours. Slice, and use for sandwiches, crackers, salads or just snacking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88.4 calories, Carbohydrate 0.1 g, Cholesterol 24.1 mg, Fat 7.6 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 455.3 mg
HOMEMADE SUMMER SAUSAGE AKA SALAMI
This recipe is as old as the hills. I've made it for the last 50 years and it was old when I got it. I thought it would be a good addition, so that young cooks can see how easy it is to make a basic sausage. You can play with it, add more spice or whatever. I do suggest trying it as written first. Just as good as what you can buy, but you know what is in there. I make a double recipe and then freeze it. It is really easy and quick to whip this up and costs a lot less than store bought. Prep time does not include sitting in the fridge for 24 hours.
Provided by morelhunter
Yield 4 rolls
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix together all ingredients in a nonmetal bowl. It is easier to mix the seasoning with the water, then incorporate the meat, using your hands to distribute all spices evenly (like making a meatloaf). A note, based on a review, do not over mix the meat or it will be tough. This is true about any kind of meat, work it just enough to get every thing incorporated.
- I use an ice cream bucket and place a lid on top.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove from bowl and roll into 4 rolls, about 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick.
- Wrap in aluminum foil with shiny side towards meat.
- Punch tiny holes along one side and place in a broiler pan with holes down to drain out liquid.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove foil and rewrap in plastic wrap.
- Ready to use or freeze.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 491.9, Fat 34.1, SaturatedFat 13.3, Cholesterol 154.2, Sodium 152, Carbohydrate 0.8, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.1, Protein 42.4
This homemade salami is good for party trays. It can be served on platter with sliced cheese and crackers, or just eaten in a sandwich.
Provided by BLUIC
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard seed, curing salt, black pepper and liquid smoke. Mix in the red pepper flakes if desired. Roll the mixture into a 2 inch diameter log, and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Make a few slits in the bottom of the roll to allow the fat to drain when cooking. Place roll onto a broiler pan, and fill the bottom part of the pan with about 1 inch of water to keep the salami moist.
- Bake for 90 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from pan and cool completely before unwrapping the salami. Slice and eat as lunch meat, or serve on a tray with crackers and cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 96.5 calories, Carbohydrate 0.2 g, Cholesterol 25.7 mg, Fat 8.2 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 485.8 mg
I didn't even know you could make your own salami. Don't get too excited-I haven't tried it myself yet. It was in my grandmother's recipe collection. Let me know how it turns out!
Provided by ChipotleChick
Yield 3 rolls, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix all of the ingredients together and knead well with hands to mix.
- Shape into 3 rolls and wrap in foil. Refrigerate overnight.
- Prick bottoms of rolls and bake at 350 on rack over a pan to catch the grease for 1 1/2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248.4, Fat 17.3, SaturatedFat 6.7, Cholesterol 77.1, Sodium 75.3, Carbohydrate 0.4, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.1, Protein 21.3
More about "homemade salami recipes"
HOMEMADE SALAMI - EASY AND DELICIOUS! - THECOOKFUL
Author Barry PittmanTotal Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory EntreeCalories 186 per serving
- Mix together the Morton Cure and the salt. Add 2 tablespoons of water to dissolve. Stir in the pepper, mustard seed, and liquid smoke.
- Place some of the mixture in your hand and then turn your hand upside down. If mixture sticks to your hand or falls slowly then it is mixed enough.
HOW TO MAKE SALAMI – THE COMPLETE BEGINNERS GUIDE
- Cut the meat into strips or cubes. You can vary the size depending on how big your meat grinder is.
- Put it into the freezer for 1-2 hours. This will help your grinding process later and make sure that the mixture does not get too warm.
- Now you can grind the meat. I used the medium perforated disc (4.5 mm). You want to grind the meat coarse. Also make sure that the meat is cold when you grind it.
BEST HOMEMADE SALAMI RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
Reviews 3Servings 28Cuisine AmericanCategory Appetizer
HOMEMADE GENOA SALAMI RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
10 BEST COOKING WITH SALAMI RECIPES | YUMMLY
SALAMI RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SALAMI | HANK SHAW
SALAMI RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE SALAMI | HANK SHAW
10 BEST HARD SALAMI RECIPES | YUMMLY
SMOKED SALAMI RECIPE - PORK, BEEF OR WILD GAME
SALAMI RECIPE - HOW TO MAKING SALAMI AT HOME
9 OF THE TASTIEST SALAMI RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN SAUSAGE | ONTARIO PORK
SALAMI | RIVER COTTAGE
SAUSAGE RECIPES - MEATS AND SAUSAGES
HOW TO MAKE GENOA / MILANO SALAMI - TASTE OF ARTISAN
EASY SALAMI SANDWICH - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
BEST SALAMI RECIPES AND SALAMI COOKING IDEAS - THE DAILY MEAL
17 BEST SALAMI RECIPES (DELICIOUS WAYS TO USE SALAMI)
SALAMI RECIPES & MENU IDEAS | BON APPéTIT
HOW TO MAKE LIKE NONNA AND PRODUCE YOUR OWN SALAMI
BBQ BAKED SAUSAGE: TASTY SMOKED SAUSAGE OR KIELBASA DINNER!
SALAMI RECIPES - BBC FOOD
21 SALAMI RECIPES FOR DINNER - SELECTED RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN SALAMI ( CALABRIAN STYLE ) - BEST SALAMI RECIPE …
HOME-MADE SALAMI - THE BRITISH LARDER
DELISH BEEF SALAMI RECIPE - THEFOODXP
HOMEMADE SALAMI SOPPRESSATA – UMAI DRY
THE FIRST TIMERS GUIDE TO MAKING HOMEMADE SALAMI
SALAMI MAKING THE ITALIAN WAY - SAUSAGES MADE SIMPLE
HOW TO MAKE SALAMI (INTRO & OVERVIEW) | EAT CURED MEAT
HOW TO MAKE SALAMI AT HOME (SOPPRESSATA RECIPE)
HOW TO MAKE HARD SALAMI | EHOW
SALAME TOSCANO (TUSCAN SALAMI) - TASTE OF ARTISAN
SWEET AND TANGY BAKED KOSHER SALAMI
HOMEMADE SALAMI - COPYKAT RECIPES
SAUSAGE RECIPES - FAVORITE HOMEMADE SAUSAGE RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE A SMOKED SALAMI – 2 GUYS & A COOLER
HOMEMADE ITALIAN SOPPRESSATA RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
THE ITALIAN ART OF HOME MAKING SALAMI - SEGMENTO
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE SAUSAGE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
18 HOMEMADE SAUSAGE RECIPES :: THE MEATWAVE
HOMEMADE SALAMI - BETTER DONE YOURSELF
SALAMI GENOA - MEATS AND SAUSAGES
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #lunch #beef #easy #meat #3-steps-or-less #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love