I modified a bean soup recipe and came up with this wonderful chili. I make it mild for my family but add Tabasco sauce to spice up my bowl. -Jenne Delkus, Des Peres, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until flavors are blended. Serve with avocado, sour cream and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366 calories, Fat 17g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 1262mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 10g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
HOT AND SPICY CHORIZO CHILI
Try a top chili recipe from the Betty Crocker team chili cook off. Lemon-lime soda is the secret ingredient that makes this chili super.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 20
- In food processor, place tomatoes and chiles. Cover; process, using quick on-and-off motions, until blended. Set aside.
- Heat 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened. Add garlic, paprika, cumin, oregano, salt, red pepper and coriander; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato mixture, broth, carbonated beverage, wine, water, beans and chocolate. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 1 hour.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 690, Carbohydrate 42 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 13 g, Protein 33 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1900 mg, Sugar 9 g, TransFat 0 g
SMOKY CHORIZO CHILI
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Crumble in the chorizo. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up the chorizo with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the red onion and bell peppers and cook until they begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic, jalapeno, ancho powder, cumin, smoked paprika and oregano. Cook and stir to coat the meat and vegetables in the spices, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, beef broth and 2 cups water. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, then stir in the black beans and butternut squash. Simmer, uncovered, until the chili is thick and flavorful and the veggies are tender, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Serve the chili with bowls of the toppings on the side for passing at the table.
When I first got married my husband didn't like the chili I made (my mom's recipe), so I have changed it until I found what he likes. Now he LOVES it. About and two hours before it's done, I add cheese hot dogs to the crock pot--it does change the taste slightly, but he loves to eat chili hot dogs on butter poppy seed rolls. But if you don't like hot dogs, don't add them. I also use 1 can each of light red and dark red kidney beans for color, but you can use two cans of the same if you want. ENJOY!
Provided by jamiej
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- cook chorizo breaking it up. drain. add all to crockpot cook at least 6 hours, stirring every so often.
- optional: two hours until done add hotdogs( your choice) serve with favorite rolls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 574.6, Fat 30, SaturatedFat 11.1, Cholesterol 66.5, Sodium 1502, Carbohydrate 45.2, Fiber 11.4, Sugar 5.3, Protein 32.2
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO CHILI
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or a large pot over medium-high heat; cook and stir chorizo in hot oil until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove chorizo using a slotted spoon to a bowl. Add chicken; cook and stir until chicken is browned and crumbly, 5 to 6 minutes. Season with chili powder and cumin.
- Stir chorizo, onion, garlic, red bell pepper, black beans, and white beans into chicken; cook and stir until onion begin to soften, 5 to 6 minutes. Pour beer into chili; bring to a simmer. Add tomatoes, chicken stock, and tomato paste; simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt. Reduce heat to low and simmer until flavors blend, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 556.8 calories, Carbohydrate 38 g, Cholesterol 106.9 mg, Fat 23.2 g, Fiber 9.9 g, Protein 45.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 1525.4 mg, Sugar 6.8 g
CHILI WITH CHORIZO AND CHOCOLATE
The smokiness of the bacon and liquid smoke complements the spiciness of the chorizo and sweetness of the chocolate in this chili. Just like any other chili, this is better the next day. Serve with a dollop of cilantro sour cream or some chocolate shavings.
Provided by Caroline McNabb
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Brown bacon in the hot pot until slightly crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain and set bacon aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chorizo; cook and stir until slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook and stir ground sirloin in the same pot over medium-high heat until browned, crumbly, and no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain the grease. Add the bacon and chorizo. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, onions, and Italian seasoning. Stir in chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, liquid smoke, garlic juice, and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and add jalapenos, kidney beans, black beans, and chocolate. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until flavors are well blended, about 2 hours. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 486.1 calories, Carbohydrate 34.1 g, Cholesterol 89.7 mg, Fat 25.7 g, Fiber 12.4 g, Protein 31.4 g, SaturatedFat 5.9 g, Sodium 1511.4 mg, Sugar 7 g
BEEF AND CHORIZO CHILI
- Cook beans a day in advance.
- Brown the beef and chorizo in a heavy pot. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until just soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281.6, Fat 15.1, SaturatedFat 5.5, Cholesterol 33.3, Sodium 743.3, Carbohydrate 22.1, Fiber 6.2, Sugar 5.2, Protein 15.6
SPICY LAMB AND CHORIZO CHILI
- Combine first 3 ingredients in heavy medium saucepan. Cover and simmer over medium heat until chilies soften, about 12 minutes. Puree chili mixture in batches in blender.
- Stir chorizo in heavy large pot over medium-high heat until drippings come to simmer, breaking up meat with spoon. Transfer to fine strainer set over bowl. Let chorizo drain 10 minutes.
- Return 1/4 cup chorizo drippings to same pot and heat over medium-high heat (discard remaining drippings). Add onions, garlic, oregano and cumin. Sauté until onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper; add to pot. Sauté until lamb is no longer pink outside, about 10 minutes. Add chili puree and drained chorizo. Bring chili to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 1 hour. Add hominy. Simmer uncovered until lamb is tender and liquid thickens, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Chill uncovered until cold, then cover and keep chilled. Rewarm before serving.)
- *Sold at Latin American markets and some supermarkets.
More about "hot and spicy chorizo chili recipes"
HOT AND SPICY CHILI RECIPE - FAMOUS CHILI RECIPES
SPICY CHORIZO AND POBLANO CHILI - BELLE VIE
HOT CHORIZO GREEN CHILI DIP - ORGANIZED ISLAND
SPICY ANCHO CHILLI, CHICKEN AND CHORIZO HOTPOT RECIPE - DELICIOUS.
HOT AND SPICY CHORIZO CHILI | RECIPE | SECRET CHILI INGREDIENTS ...
SPICE UP FALL WITH THIS SPICY BEEF CHORIZO CHILI RECIPE
HOT AND SPICY CHORIZO CHILI RECIPE RECIPE
HOT AND SPICY CHORIZO CHILI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HOT AND SPICY CHORIZO CHILI RECIPE
HOT AND SPICY CHORIZO CHILI | RECIPE | CHORIZO CHILI, RECIPES, FOOD
30 EASY CHORIZO RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
MEXICAN CHORIZO CHILI | CHROIZO CHILI | CHILI RECIPES | MEXICAN …
SPICY CHORIZO RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BOLD AND SPICY CHORIZO RECIPES FROM CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
CHORIZO BITES IN SWEET & SPICY SAUCE - RECIPETIN EATS
SPICY CHORIZO CHILI RECIPE - FLAVOR THE MOMENTS
HOT AND SPICY CHORIZO CHILI - AMERICAN RECIPES
BEEF & CHORIZO CHILI - THE RISING SPOON
RICK'S FIREHOUSE CHORIZO CHILI RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
SPICY CHORIZO TACOS - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
SPICY CHORIZO AND BEAN CHILI - HOT ROD'S RECIPES
30+ SMOKY AND SPICY CHORIZO RECIPES - YAHOO
SPICY CROCKPOT CHORIZO CHILI - RECIPES | SPICY ADDICT
10 BEST GROUND BEEF AND CHORIZO CHILI RECIPES - YUMMLY
SPICY CHORIZO CHILI | VEGAN GLUTEN FREE RECIPE | SPABETTIE
SPICY CHORIZO AND BEAN CHILI | RECIPE | NO BEAN CHILI, FAVORITE CHILI ...
SPICY CHIPOTLE AND CHORIZO BEEF CHILI
SWEET AND SPICY CHORIZO JAM RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SPICY CHILI WITH SHREDDED CHICKEN AND CHORIZO - TRIED & TRUE …
CHORIZO CHILI RECIPE CROCK POT - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
MEXICAN CHORIZO CHILI - ARTZY FOODIE
SOME LIKE IT HOT: 30 RECIPES THAT PACK A PUNCH - MSN.COM
CHICKEN CHORIZO CHILI - AWARD WINNING CHORIZO CHILI RECIPE!
HOT DOG CHILI - NOBLEPIG.COM
EASY CHORIZO CHILI RECIPE - PINCH AND SWIRL
HOMEMADE CHORIZO SEASONING SPICE MIX - THAT ZEST LIFE
HOT AND SPICY CHORIZO AND BEEF CHILI RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
You'll also love