AUTHENTIC AND EASY SHRIMP CURRY
This is a home-style South Indian shrimp curry recipe from my husband's family. It is simple and quick to make. It contains no coconut so is not sweet, just mostly juicy and as hot as you like it. Serve with basmati rice or an Indian flatbread.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Anonymous
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan over nearly high heat. Add the onions; cook and stir until browned. Mix in the curry leaves, then season with the ginger garlic paste, coriander and salt. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and turmeric, then mix in the tomato, chile powder, shrimp and water. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, until shrimp are opaque. Taste and adjust salt and chile powder if necessary. Season with garam masala, stir and remove from the heat. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with flat bread or rice.
INDIAN SHRIMP CURRY
Recipe From epicurious.com
Provided by Ian Knauer
Categories Soup/Stew Garlic Ginger Shellfish Tomato Quick & Easy Low Cal High Fiber Dinner Lunch Coconut Seafood Shrimp Curry Hot Pepper Healthy Potluck Coriander Gourmet Pescatarian Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Quarter chiles lengthwise (seed and devein if you want less heat). Cook chiles, curry leaves, garlic, and ginger in oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat, stirring, until very fragrant and chiles are just softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add spices, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring, until mustard seeds just begin to pop, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and coconut, then cook, covered, until tomatoes are softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook, uncovered, stirring, until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
I created this Indian-style shrimp when we were entertaining some friends, one of our favorite things to do. It works on the stovetop or the grill. -Shana Conradt, Appleton, Wisconsin
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic and curry powder; cook and stir 30-60 seconds longer or until shrimp turn pink., Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. If desired, serve with rice.
INDIAN SHRIMP CURRY
This is a subtle yet richly flavored curry that complements shrimp perfectly. A very authentic taste, and a very easy meal to prepare when you are in a hurry. Make sure you pop the shrimp tails off before adding to skillet. Serve with rice.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Jacqueline B
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook the onion in the hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and allow it to cool slightly, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, paprika, and ground chile (see Note) to the onion and stir over low heat. Pour the tomatoes and coconut milk into the skillet; season with salt.
- Cook the mixture at a simmer, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Stir the shrimp, fresh cilantro, and dried cilantro into the sauce mixture; cook another 1 minute before serving.
INDIAN CURRIED SHRIMP
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until soft, about 4 minutes. Add ginger and curry powder; sauté 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk. Simmer 2 minutes. Add shrimp and simmer until opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
People also searched
More recipes about "indian shrimp curry recipe"
INDIAN SHRIMP (PRAWN) CURRY RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2012-08-05 · Cover and keep warm. Heat 1 tbs oil in a wok or frypan over medium-high heat. Add prawns and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden. Remove with a …
- Place prawns in a bowl with garlic, ginger, spices, 2 teaspoons oil and some salt and pepper. Stir well to coat, then cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a wok or frypan over medium-high heat. Add prawns and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the remaining 1 tbs oil to the pan, reduce the heat to medium, then add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the tomato, then cover and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes until tomato is softened.
INDIAN COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
2018-09-03 · In a pan, heat up the oil, then peel and chop the onion and garlic, and fry them gently for about 3-4 minutes until soft. Add the ground coriander, cumin, turmeric …
- In a pan, heat up the oil, then peel and chop the onion and garlic, and fry them gently for about 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add the butternut squash, baby corn and chopped red pepper, pour in the vegetable stock and coconut milk, and leave to cook for about 15-20 minute until the vegetables are soft.
- Now the shrimp can be added too, but don't leave to cook for more than 3-4 minutes, otherwise the shrimp will become rubbery and hard.
COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY - JO COOKS
2019-07-20 · Form the flavor base: While the shrimp is marinating, heat the oil in a medium size skillet. To it add the onion, and cook for 2 or 3 minutes until the onion …
- In a small bowl toss the shrimp with the marinade ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- While the shrimp is marinating, heat the oil in a medium size skillet. To it add the onion, and cook for 2 or 3 minutes until the onion softens and becomes translucent. Stir in the garlic, ginger, pepper, salt, coriander, turmeric and curry powder. Cook for another minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes with juices and all, the coconut milk, stir and bring to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the shrimp with the accumulated juices from the marinade and cook for another 2 minutes or until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
CREAMY SHRIMP CURRY - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
2020-12-29 · This creamy shrimp curry is one of my go-to recipes when I want to impress. It’s easy to make, always delicious and perfect served with homemade naan bread. Shrimp curry (Prawn curry) is one of our favorite meals as a family. There’s just something about plump shrimp cooked in an aromatic, creamy sauce. Served over steamed rice and homemade naan bread there are few recipes …
- For the Naan bread: Whisk the yeast and sugar into the water and allow to stand for a few minutes until foamy.
- Pour in the yeast mixture, yogurt and oil. Knead on low speed until the dough comes together. If the dough is very sticky add more flour.
- Allow to knead until the dough is soft and smooth. Cover with a damp tea towel and allow to rise for 1 hour.
SOUTH INDIAN SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2010-01-08 · Cook gently for 10 mins so you have a paste, then add 2 tablespoons of water and the coconut milk. Bring to the boil, add the shrimp and simmer for 5 mins until they are cooked. …
- Heat a wide pan over a medium heat and add a splash of oil. Throw in the cumin, mustard and fenugreek seeds (leave the ground fenugreek until later if using).
- Add the lime zest, ground coriander, turmeric, ground fenugreek (if using), half the chili and after a few seconds, the tomatoes.
INDIAN SHRIMP (PRAWN) CURRY RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
2013-11-22 · Place shrimp in a bowl with garlic, ginger, spices, 2 teaspoons oil and some salt and pepper. Stir well to coat, then cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 …
- Place shrimp in a bowl with garlic, ginger, spices, 2 teaspoons oil and some salt and pepper. Stir well to coat, then cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a wok or fry pan over medium-high heat. Add prawns and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the remaining 1 tbs oil to the pan, reduce the heat to medium, then add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the tomato, then cover and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes until tomato is softened.
INDIAN SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE (20 MINUTE) - SKINNYTASTE
2018-02-08 · Cook the onions for 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add in the ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, curry powder, chili powder, salt and …
INDIAN SHRIMP CURRY | JILL CARNAHAN, MD
2018-07-23 · Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute on each side then remove the shrimp from the pan. Add the remaining teaspoon of the canola oil to the skillet with the onions. Cook the onions for 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add in the ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, curry …
INDIAN SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE - YOUTUBE
2020-01-17 · Indian Shrimp Curry made with coconut milk, tomato sauce and warm Indian spices is a quick 20 minute curry dish you can enjoy any day of the week! Serve over...
SPICY COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP (READY IN 20 MINUTES)
2019-10-11 · Instructions Toss shrimp with all spices and 1/2 teaspoon salt from group-1 ingredients. Heat a large skillet with vegetable oil over medium-high heat. When hot, place shrimp in a single …
- Heat a large skillet with vegetable oil over medium-high heat. When hot, place shrimp in a single layer, cook for about 1 minute and turn over and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Remove shrimp (trying to drain most of the oil) into a bowl. The shrimp will be only half cooked at this point ( If you cook shrimp longer then it might get over cooked and get a little tough).
- Now, add sliced onions, bell pepper and garlic. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes, and then add all group-3 ingredients (except Sriracha ) and 1/4 teaspoon plus 2 pinches salt.Stir well and let the curry begin to simmer. Add the shrimp (along with any accumulated juices), stir well and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
SPICY MALABAR SHRIMP CURRY - MINISTRY OF CURRY
2019-05-13 · Home » Indian » Spicy Malabar Shrimp Curry. Spicy Malabar Shrimp Curry. Published: May 13, 2019 · Modified: May 8, 2021 by Archana · This post may contain affiliate links · As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases · 426 shares. Jump to Recipe. Spicy Malabar Shrimp Curry – succulent, crisp shrimp …
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom saucepan on medium heat. Add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Add fenugreek seeds and onions. Saute for a minute and add green chili along with half the curry leaves. Continue to cook for 5 minutes over medium heat until the onions begin to change color to a light brown.
- Make a fine paste of ginger, garlic, and dry red chili in a blender and add it to the pan. Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and continue to cook until they soften for 5 minutes. Add water along with tamarind paste and mix well. Lower the heat and bring to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook covered over low heat for 5 minutes stirring halfway through. Turn the heat off and add the remaining curry leaves and cilantro. Serve with steamed Basmati rice.
SHRIMP CURRY - KETO, LOW CARB, GLUTEN-FREE, EASY - JOY ...
2019-03-08 · This recipe is my go-to shrimp curry recipe that I make over and over again. Rich and flavorful spices give this Indian chicken curry dish the ultimate flavor that stands up to restaurant quality Indian curry! This easy recipe …
- Add the chicken pieces and chopped onion to the melted butter as well as salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5-8 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, fennel seed, cardamom and turmeric, and stir until the chicken is well coated. Cook for roughly 30 seconds until the spices are fragrant.
GOAN SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE - SANJEEV KAPOOR | FOOD & WINE
2013-12-07 · Step 2. In the same skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and jalapeños and cook over moderately high heat until the onion is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add the puree and bring to a …
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the dried chiles, coconut, coriander and cumin over moderately high heat, shaking the skillet, until the coconut starts to brown, 1 minute; transfer to a blender. Add the ginger, garlic, tamarind and 1/2 cup of water and puree.
- In the same skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and jalapeños and cook over moderately high heat until the onion is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add the puree and bring to a boil. Add the shrimp and cook over moderately low heat, turning a few times, until just white throughout, about 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the vinegar. Season with salt and serve right away.
MANGALOREAN PRAWN CURRY RECIPE | PRAWN GASSI (STEP-BY-STEP ...
2018-12-03 · Now add 1.5 cups prawn stock for more prawn flavour or any other stock or water to the masala. Bring to a boil. Add the prawns along with tamarind paste and cook for just about 3-5 …
- Dry roast red chillies, fenugreek seeds, peppercorn, cumin seeds and coriander seeds for 2 minutes till fragrant.
- In a blender the dry and roasted spices all with chopped coconut till you get a thick paste. Use some water if needed.
- Now add the coconut spice paste to this along with ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell is gone and the curry looks glossy. It took me about 15 minutes. Make sure that the masala paste does not burn.
INDIAN SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
2021-01-05 · Cook the onions for about 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add in the ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, curry powder, chili powder, salt, and garlic. Stir well, letting it cook for 30 seconds. Pour in the tomato sauce and combine. Then, pour in the coconut milk and shrimp …
- Add 2 teaspoons of the canola oil on high heat in a large skillet. Add the shrimp, then cook for 1 minute on each side. Remove the shrimp from the pan.
- Place the remaining teaspoon of the canola oil to the skillet with the onions. Cook the onions for about 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, curry powder, chili powder, salt, and garlic. Stir well, letting it cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and combine. Then, pour in the coconut milk and shrimp to the pan, and stir well.
INDIAN SHRIMP CURRY | BITES OF BERI
2020-08-16 · This Indian shrimp curry with coconut milk is a quick, easy and healthy recipe that is packed with tons of flavor! It is creamy, spicy, combines crisp vegetables with juicy shrimps, and is incredibly aromatic. This recipe …
- Marinade the shrimps with the ingredients for the shrimp marinade in a bowl. Set the shrimps aside until step 3.
- Prepare the curry ingredients by chopping the red bell paper, mincing the garlic cloves and chile pepper and grating the ginger.
- Heat a pot over medium-high heat using half of the avocado oil. When the pot is hot enough, sear the shrimps from both sides, take them out of the pot and set aside.
- Now add the other half of the avocado oil to the pot and sauté the bell pepper, sugar snap peas, ginger, garlic and chile pepper for a few minutes.
INDIAN SHRIMP CURRY | RECIPE | CURRY RECIPES, INDIAN ...
Indian Shrimp Curry Recipe. 335 · 30 minutes · Indian Shrimp Curry | "This was amazing! I am so happy to have found this recipe because it really is authentic tasting." #dinnerideas #dinnerrecipes #familydinnerideas #shrimp #shrimprecipes #howtocookshrimp. Recipe by Allrecipes. 108. 13 ingredients . Seafood. 1 lb Shrimp, cooked and peeled. Produce. 2 tbsp Cilantro, fresh. 2 cloves …
INDIAN SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE (20 MINUTE) - SKINNYTASTE ...
Indian Shrimp Curry Recipe (20 Minute) - Skinnytaste. 111 · 15 minutes · Indian Shrimp Curry made with coconut milk, tomato sauce and warm Indian spices is a quick 20 minute curry dish you can enjoy any day of the week! Recipe by Erin Quillinan. 1.5k. 15 ingredients. Seafood. 1 lb Shrimp. Produce . 1 Cilantro and chili peppers. 1 tsp Coriander, ground. 2 cloves Garlic. 1 tsp Ginger, ground ...
INDIAN SHRIMP CURRY | METRO
2013-08-06 · Preparation In a wok or a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and cook the garlic, the spices and the ginger for 30 seconds or until aromatic (be careful not to burn the garlic). Incorporate the coconut milk and the brown sugar. Bring to a boil, then …
INDIAN SHRIMP CURRY(SHRIMP MASALA) - KALYANI RECIPES
2021-07-03 · Serve shrimp curry with any fragrant rice, biryani, white rice or roti, naan, chapati, or porota. Tips to make best shrimp curry. If you cannot find shrimp at your market, you can substitute them with shrimp. Although technically not the same animal, the two crustaceans are interchangeable in recipes as their taste is similar. Since this recipe ...
INDIAN SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE (20 MINUTE) - TAMIL-RECIPES
CookÂ the onions forÂ 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add in the ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, curry powder, chili powder, salt and garlic. Stir well, letting cook for 30 seconds then add in the tomato sauce and combine. Add in …
See details ››
FIERY INDIAN SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
2019-04-09 · Reduce heat to medium and add 2 tablespoons curry blend and 1 teaspoon salt, coconut milk, yogurt and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Add shrimp and cook, uncovered, stirring, until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and heat through. Taste and …
See details ››
INDIAN CURRY SHRIMP | SPICE ISLANDS
Combine curry seasoning, oil and lime juice in a large shallow dish. Add shrimp and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes. Preheat large skillet or wok to medium-high. Remove shrimp from marinade; discard any remaining marinade.
See details ››