INDONESIAN GINGER CHICKEN
- Cook the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger root in a small saucepan over low heat until the honey is melted. Arrange the chicken in 1 layer in a shallow baking pan, skin side down, and pour on the sauce. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the pan, turn the chicken skin side up, and raise the temperature to 375 degrees F. Continue baking for 30 minutes or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh and the sauce is a rich, dark brown.
INDONESIAN COCONUT CURRY CHICKEN WINGS
These aromatic wings (thanks to lemongrass, lime and ginger) are poached in coconut milk until tender before getting fried until crisp. A dipping sauce made with the marinade reinforces the flavors of the herbs and spices, while a quick-pickle salad offers a bright contrast to the wings.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine the cinnamon, shallots, lemongrass, cilantro stems, garlic and ginger in a large bowl. Finely grate the zest of the limes into the bowl (reserve the limes separately) and stir in the coconut milk. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the coconut mixture separately, then add the chicken wings to the bowl with the remainder and toss to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Meanwhile, make the pickle: Combine the shallots, cucumber, carrot and 1 tablespoon salt in a medium bowl. Carefully pour 3 cups boiling water over the vegetables, then stir to mix evenly and let stand for 20 minutes. Drain the vegetables in a colander, pressing gently to remove excess liquid, then transfer to a bowl. Add the vinegar, sugar, chile and 1 teaspoon salt, stirring to dissolve the sugar and salt. Refrigerate until ready to use, at least 10 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a large pot. Add the wings with their marinade, return to a boil, then reduce the heat to maintain a steady simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until a paring knife inserted in the middle of a wing comes out with no resistance, about 15 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the wings to a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet, season liberally with salt and let air-dry while you make the dipping sauce.
- For the dipping sauce: Place the reserved 1 1/2 cups aromatics and coconut milk in a medium sauce pan over medium heat; stir in 1 cup water and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced and thickened, about 20 minutes. Transfer the sauce to a blender, along with three-quarters of the cilantro leaves and the juice of the reserved limes; puree until smooth. Pour the coconut dipping sauce into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and let cool completely.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 425 degrees F. Working in 2 batches, fry the wings, turning occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, about 2 minutes per batch. Transfer the wings with a slotted spoon to a clean rack set over a baking sheet and season with more salt. (Make sure the oil returns to the proper temperature between batches.)
- Transfer the wings to a serving platter and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve immediately with coconut dipping sauce and cucumber and carrot pickles.
BALINESE CHICKEN WINGS
On a recent trip to Bali, my Balinese stepmother, Putu, let me help her prepare chicken - and I furiously committed her 'non-recipe' to memory to bring home. She has a big mortar and pestle for this kind of thing; I don't, so I end up using both sides of my meat mallet; you just want to get the ingredients well combined and at least somewhat reduced in mass. And since they're baked, not deep-fried, they're a (relatively) healthy pile of wings! I particularly like them with roasted sweet potatoes.
Provided by CHEYENNIGANS
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine garlic, chile pepper, shallot, turmeric, and kosher salt; bruise with a mortar and pestle, or with the flat side of a cleaver. Place into a bowl, and stir in brown sugar, and olive oil. Toss chicken wings with marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Toss the chicken wings again to recoat in marinade, then spread out onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until deep, golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 253.1 calories, Carbohydrate 7.7 g, Cholesterol 58 mg, Fat 15.9 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 19.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 540.8 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
INDONESIAN CHICKEN WINGS
I've only made these chicken wings once, many, many years ago, and they've stuck in my memory...spicy and crispy! Now that I've found my recipe again, they will be on my New Years Eve appetizer list.
Provided by Geema
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut the wings apart at the first joint, separating the "drumstick" from the wing tip and second joint. Reserve the tips and second joints for another use.
- Beginning at the narrower end of each drumstick, with a sharp knife, cut the tendons and scrape the meat down the bones as far as possible toward the thicker end to make a plump lollipop, or drumstick shape. The bare bone showing makes a neat handle for easier eating.
- In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, the oil, garlic, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Add the chicken wings, tossing them to coat with marinade. Let them sit in the refrigerator at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
- In a large zip-lock bag, toss together the bread crumbs and peanuts. Add 4 or 5 wings at a time to the bag, shaking well to cover the wings with the crumb/peanut mixture. Repeat with the rest of the wings.
- Bake the wings on a rack in a shallow roasting pan in a preheated 450 oven, turning them once, for 30 minutes, or until they are browned lightly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 778.2, Fat 54.7, SaturatedFat 12.8, Cholesterol 174.8, Sodium 633.3, Carbohydrate 21.9, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 4, Protein 49.5
MALAYSIAN CHICKEN WINGS
- In a small sauté ; pan over low heat, toast the cumin, fennel seed, coriander seed and chilies, then grind them in a spice (or coffee) grinder.
- In a large bowl, combine the kecap manis, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and food coloring, if using. Add the ground spices, ginger and garlic. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Put the chicken wings in a container large enough to hold the wings and sauce. Pour the sauce over the wings and toss to coat. Place a piece of parchment paper over the wings, then top with a plate to keep them submerged. Refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place a wire rack on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Lay the wings, skin side down, on the rack. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Bring the marinade to a boil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Lower the heat and simmer until it reduces by about half into a thick glaze. Strain through a fine sieve into a large bowl. Add half of the aromatics in the sieve back into the glaze and stir. Toss the cooked wings in the glaze.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 543, UnsaturatedFat 17 grams, Carbohydrate 41 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 43 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 7632 milligrams, Sugar 30 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "indonesian chicken wings recipes"
INDONESIAN SATAY CHICKEN WINGS - RECIPE | SPICE TREKKERS
INDONESIAN CHICKEN WINGS - JAMIE GELLER
Servings 4-6Total Time 40 minsCategory Appetizers
INDONESIAN CHICKEN WINGS - A FINGER LICKING RECIPE AT …
4/5 (2)Total Time 40 minsCategory Appetizer, Main Course, SnackCalories 408 per serving
BEST INDONESIAN CHICKEN RECIPES
GAME DAY INDONESIAN CHICKEN WINGS - LITTLE …
STICKY ASIAN CHICKEN WINGS - DAMN DELICIOUS
SWEET & STICKY INDONESIAN CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE
INDONESIAN HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
ASIAN BAKED CHICKEN WINGS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
10 MOST POPULAR INDONESIAN CHICKEN DISHES - TASTEATLAS
SWEET AND STICKY INDONESIAN CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE
CHICKEN RENDANG (THE BEST AND AUTHENTIC RECIPE!) - RASA MALAYSIA
STICKY ASIAN CHICKEN WINGS - RASA MALAYSIA
10 BEST ASIAN STYLE CHICKEN WINGS RECIPES | YUMMLY
INDONESIAN CHICKEN WINGS. | THE HUNGER
INDONESIAN CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
INDONESIAN CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE | RECIPE | CHICKEN WING RECIPES, …
10+ GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN WINGS | THE COOK'S PANTRY
GINGER SOY CHICKEN WINGS WITH INDONESIAN SPICE MIX
CHICKEN WING SAUS PEDAS (CHICKEN WINGS WITH SPICY SAUCE)
INDONESIAN CHICKEN WINGS - SOLERANY THE RESTAURANT
INDONESIAN STYLE CHICKEN WINGS (AYAM GORENG KUNING)
SPICY INDONESIAN CHICKEN WINGS (AYAM GORENG) - WAI YEE HONG
SWEET & STICKY INDONESIAN CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
ASIAN STYLE CHICKEN WINGS - BIG DELICIOUS LIFE
INDONESIAN GLAZED CHICKEN WINGS - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
INDONESIAN GRILLED SAMBAL CHICKEN | FEASTING AT HOME
INDONESIAN COCONUT CURRY CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RECIPE: AIR FRYER CRISPY INDONESIAN CHICKEN WINGS
INDONESIAN CHICKEN WINGS – FIVE SPICE CAFE
INDONESIAN FRIED CHICKEN WITH BUTTER SAUCE – RECIPES INDONESIA
10 BEST ORIENTAL CHICKEN WINGS RECIPES | YUMMLY
ADDICTIVE ASIAN CHICKEN WINGS: SAUCY, CRISPY & OVEN BAKED
INDONESIAN WINGS | HARI GHOTRA
GAME DAY INDONESIAN CHICKEN WINGS | RECIPE | CHICKEN …
EASIEST INDONESIAN DISH TO MAKE AT HOME! AYAM BAKAR: INDONESIAN …
2036 INDONESIAN BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN WINGS | THE COOK'S PANTRY
5 INGREDIENT STICKY HONEY INDONESIAN CHICKEN - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
NAGOYA-STYLE FRIED CHICKEN WINGS - RECIPETIN JAPAN
AYAM GORENG: CLASSIC INDONESIAN FRIED CHICKEN
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #appetizers #lunch #poultry #asian #thai #dinner-party #holiday-event #chicken #dietary #spicy #new-years #high-protein #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #meat #wings #superbowl #taste-mood #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to prepare Indonesian lemongrass chicken wings?Ingredients to prepare Indonesian lemongrass chicken wings: chicken wings, shallots, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, tamarind, turmeric, salt, sugar, and pepper. There are many occasions where a good chicken wings dish is the perfect thing to serve, like a game day or summer BBQ, or just because.
How do you make chicken wings with lime juice and garlic?In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, the oil, garlic, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and salt. Add the chicken wings, tossing them to coat with marinade. Let them sit in the refrigerator at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours. In a large zip-lock bag, toss together the bread crumbs and peanuts.
How to cook chicken wings in the fridge?In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, the oil, garlic, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and salt. Add the chicken wings, tossing them to coat with marinade. Let them sit in the refrigerator at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
How to cook chicken wings with tamarind paste?Instructions Purée tamarind paste, coriander, turmeric, cayenne, candlenuts, shallots, garlic, lemongrass, galangal, and salt in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and add wings; toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap; chill overnight. Transfer wings and marinade to a 6-qt. saucepan.