IRISH COFFEE CAKE
A really good and tasty Irish coffee cake.
Provided by Natalia
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European UK and Ireland Irish
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans. Place waxed paper over a large wire cooling rack. Place a 3-quart mixing bowl in the freezer.
- Mix flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Place unsweetened chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs in a bowl until thick and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes.
- Remove cold bowl from the freezer and pour in chilled whipping cream; beat until stiff. Fold in eggs, melted chocolate, and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, folding gently after each addition, until blended. Pour into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Run a table knife around the edges to loosen. Invert layers carefully onto the prepared cooling rack and let cool completely, about 30 minutes. Poke holes in the top of the cakes with a skewer or long-tined fork.
- Stir whiskey, coffee granules, and 2 tablespoons sugar together in a small bowl until coffee is dissolved. Pour 1/2 of the coffee-whiskey mixture over each layer. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine whiskey and coffee granules for the frosting in a large bowl; stir until coffee is dissolved. Add butter and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Gradually mix in powdered sugar on medium speed until smooth. Transfer 1/2 cup of frosting to a pastry bag fitted with an open star tip (#32 or #4B); set aside. Use the remaining frosting to fill layers and frost sides and top of cake.
- Place chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a small pastry bag fitted with a medium-sized writing tip.
- Pipe chocolate in a lattice design across the top of the cake. Pipe a shell border or rosettes around the top edge.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 657.4 calories, Carbohydrate 85.4 g, Cholesterol 113.3 mg, Fat 31.7 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 6.2 g, SaturatedFat 19.2 g, Sodium 293.3 mg, Sugar 62.4 g
IRISH COFFEE CAKE
A delicious finale to a great dinner! This cake is made with coffee and laced with Irish whiskey! Add some whipped cream and you have Irish Coffee Cake. Source: Canadian Living
Provided by Elly in Canada
Yield 1 cake, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Beat butter with sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Dissolve espresso powder in vanilla, beat into butter mixture.
- Mix flour, almonds, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture.
- Spread batter in a greased 8-inch round cake pan.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 5 minutes.
- Run knife around edge of cake to separate from pan; turn out onto rack, let cool completely.
- COFFEE SYRUP:.
- In a saucepan, bring sugar and coffee to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar, boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in whiskey.
- Return the cooled cake to the baking pan, poke holes all over top with a toothpick or skewer.
- Pour coffee syrup over cake. Let cool for 1 hour or until syrup is absorbed.
- Remove from pan; place on serving plate.
- Whip cream with whiskey and sugar, pipe along the top edge of the cake.
- Garnish with coffee beans!
- Prep time does not include cooling time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 514.2, Fat 27.6, SaturatedFat 15.1, Cholesterol 138.3, Sodium 328.5, Carbohydrate 53.7, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 36, Protein 6.2
IRISH COFFEE CHOCOLATE CAKE
This is quickly becoming one of our family's favorites. I needed to come up with a special Christmas cake and these were the ingredients that I happen to have on hand. This really fit the "special" bill and the cake was a big hit with everyone! I loved that it was so easy and so well received!
Provided by Likkel
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- You should prepare the chocolate cake according to the directions on the cake box, but use cold coffee instead of water. Bake the cake in a 9 x 13 inch cake pan. After baking use a fork to poke holes evenly over the top of the cake. Set the cake aside to cool slightly while you prepare the coffee/whiskey syrup.
- Mix the sugar and 1/4 cup of the strong coffee. Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute. Allow to cool till warm, but not hot. Stir in whiskey and pour over the top of the slightly cooled cake. Cover the cake and allow it to cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, mix the remaining 1/4 cup HOT coffee and the tub of cream cheese frosting. It will be almost pourable and much easier to spread. Pour the frosting over the top of the cake, cover and place in the fridge to set frosting.
- *I chose to dust the top of the frosting very lightly with some powdered instant coffee (optional).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350.6, Fat 12.4, SaturatedFat 3, Sodium 384.8, Carbohydrate 57.3, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 42.7, Protein 2.3
More about "irish coffee cake recipes"
IRISH COFFEE CAKE RECIPE | ODLUMS
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
10 BEST IRISH COFFEE CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BOOZEY IRISH COFFEE CAKE | DONAL SKEHAN | EAT LIVE GO
IRISH COFFEE CHOCOLATE CAKE - LEMONSFORLULU.COM
IRISH COFFEE CHEESECAKE - BY ANDREA JANSSEN
IRISH COFFEE CAKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
IRISH COFFEE BOOZY CAKE POPS - #NEVERDONEWITHFUN
IRISH CAKE DECORATIONS - THERESCIPES.INFO
IRISH COFFEE CAKE RECIPE | KERRYGOLD USA
10 BEST BAILEYS IRISH CREAM COFFEE CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
IRISH COFFEE CAKE | ONLY CRUMBS REMAIN
IRISH COFFEE COFFEE CAKE - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
CLASSIC COFFEE CAKE - IRISH TIMES
15 IRRESISTIBLE IRISH DESSERTS STRAIGHT FROM THE EMERALD ...
'IRISH COFFEE' DESSERT CAKE - CREATIVE CULINARY
IRISH CREAM COFFEE CAKE – IF YOU GIVE A BLONDE A KITCHEN
IRISH CHOCOLATE COFFEE BUNDT CAKE RECIPE | BAKED BY AN ...
IRISH COFFEE CAKE - BUCKETS OF YUM
IRISH COFFEE RECIPE FOR CAKE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
EASY IRISH COFFEE CAKE WITH BAILEYS - LITTLE SUGAR SNAPS
IRISH COFFEE CAKE — POPPIESANDPROSECCO
NO-STRESS COFFEE TRAYBAKE WORKS EVERY TIME - THE IRISH TIMES
IRISH COFFEE CAKE SCONES | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
IRISH COFFEE CAKE RECIPE - BAKER RECIPES®
IRISH COFFEE CAKE - IRISH
BAKING WITH WHISKY: IRISH-COFFEE CAKE - WHISKY ADVOCATE
"IRISH COFFEE" CAKE RECIPE
IRISH COFFEE CAKE SCONES - SEASONLY CREATIONS
IRISH CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
IRISH COFFEE CAKE - 101RECIPES - 101CAFFE'
IRISH COFFEE CAKE WITH BAILEY'S WHIPPED CREAM • FLOUR DE LIZ
IRISH CHOCOLATE COFFEE BUNDT CAKE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION ...
IRISH COFFEE CAKE RECIPE - BEST CRAFTS AND RECIPES
26 IRISH DESSERTS (+RECIPES) – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
IRISH COFFEE CAKE RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
IRISH COFFEE CAKE WITH BAILEY'S FILLING RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
IRISH COFFEE CAKE RECIPE - CHISEL & FORK
IRISH COFFEE LAYER CAKE RECIPE
IRISH CAMP COFFEE CAKE - RTE
BAILEYS IRISH CREAM COFFEE CAKE - BAKE OR BUST
IRISH COFFEE COFFEE CAKE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
IRISH COFFEE CHOCOLATE CAKE - TORNADOUGH ALLI
IRISH COFFEE BUNDT CAKE | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
IRISH COFFEE CAKE RECIPE - PLAIN IRISH COFFEE TEA CAKE RECIPE
THE ORIGINAL IRISH COFFEE RECIPE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #breads #eggs-dairy #dinner-party #coffee-cakes #brunch #number-of-servings
You'll also love