KABOCHA SQUASH SOUP WITH CREME FRAICHE, CARAMELIZED GRANNY SMITH APPLE AND MADRAS CURRY COTTON CANDY
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Roast kabocha squash whole for approximately 45 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven and set aside until cool. Peel skin and discard seeds keeping only the flesh. Combine flesh in a medium sauce pot with the chicken stock and heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. With an immersion blender, blend mixture until smooth. Place mixture back on stove and keep simmering for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and add honey, cinnamon sticks and star anise and allow to steep for 1 hour. Strain and keep warm.
- Peel apple and cut it into 12 equal size cube shapes. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon superfine sugar among the apple cubes and broil or brulee until golden brown.
- Put a dollop of creme fraiche on the bottom of a soup bowl, and top with 1 caramelized apple cube.
- In a household or commercial cotton candy maker, add 1 tablespoon of superfine sugar and make 12 equal size balls of cotton candy. Dust curry powder equally on the cotton candy.
- To serve: Pour soup tableside and then spoon cotton candy onto soup.
KABOCH SQUASH AND CHESTNUT SOUP WITH CHIPOTLE CRèME FRAîCHE
- For chipotle crème frache:
- Combine Port, wine, chilies, and tomato paste in heavy small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until reduced to thick paste, stirring often, about 12 minutes. Transfer to small bowl; cool. Fold in crème fraîche. Cover and chill at least 1 hour and up to 1 week.
- For soup:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush baking sheet with oil. Place squash halves, cut side down, on prepared sheet. Bake squash until very tender, about 1 hour. Scoop squash from skins. Measure 6 cups squash and transfer to large pot (reserve any remaining squash for another use). Add broth and chestnuts to pot. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer soup uncovered until chestnuts are very tender, about 30 minutes. Mix maple syrup into soup. Puree soup in batches in blender until very smooth; return to same pot. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Refrigerate until cold, then cover and keep refrigerated.)
- Rewarm soup. Ladle into bowls. Top each serving with chipotle crème fraîche.
SQUASH-AND-CHESTNUT SOUP WITH CHIPOTLE CREAM
- Combine the port, wine, chipotles and tomato paste, bring to a boil and then simmer until the mixture is a thick paste, about 15 minutes. Let cool, then whisk in the crème fraîche and refrigerate until serving.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Place cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake until soft, about 1 hour. When the squash is cool, scoop out the flesh and place 6 cups in a large saucepan. Add 2 quarts stock and the chestnuts and simmer until the chestnuts are soft, about 30 minutes. Stir in the syrup and purée with a hand blender or in batches in a blender. Return to the saucepan and season to taste.
- Reheat the soup and ladle it into bowls. Drizzle with chipotle cream.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 326, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 49 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 1124 milligrams, Sugar 12 grams
KABOCHA SQUASH AND SHRIMP SOUP
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir green onions until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add kabocha squash, shrimp, sugar, and salt; cook and stir until squash is lightly browned but still tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a pot; add squash and shrimp. Pour in enough water to cover squash by 1/2 inch. Simmer until squash is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 98.7 calories, Carbohydrate 20.5 g, Cholesterol 4.9 mg, Fat 1.8 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 740.3 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
More about "kaboch squash and chestnut soup with chipotle crme frache recipes"
ROASTED KABOCHA SQUASH SOUP - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
KABOCHA SQUASH SOUP WITH CREME FRAICHE, CARAMELIZED GRANNY …
KABOCHA SQUASH AND CHESTNUT SOUP WITH CHIPOTLE CRèME FRAîCHE
KABOCHA SQUASH CRèME FRAîCHE PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
KABOCH SQUASH AND CHESTNUT SOUP WITH CHIPOTLE CREME FRAICHE …
KABOCHA SQUASH AND CUMIN SOUP - GREEDY GOURMET
10 BEST KABOCHA SQUASH SOUP RECIPES - YUMMLY
RECIPE FOR KABOCHA SQUASH SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
KABOCHA SQUASH AND CHESTNUT SOUP WITH CHIPOTLE CREME FRAICHE
KABOCHA SQUASH SOUP WITH CRèME FRAîCHE RECIPE - THE DAILY MEAL
CREAMY VEGAN KABOCHA SQUASH AND CHESTNUT SOUP - THE …
COST KABOCH SQUASH AND CHESTNUT SOUP WITH CHIPOTLE CREME …
KABOCHA SQUASH SOUP WITH GARLIC CHALLAH CROUTONS - 18DOORS
CHIPOTLE KABOCHA SOUP - CREATE MINDFULLY
ROASTED KABOCHA SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
RECIPE: KABOCHA SQUASH AND SPINACH SOUP - FOOD NEWS
THAI KABOCHA SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - PAMELA SALZMAN
KABOCHA SQUASH AND FENNEL SOUP WITH CRèME FRAîCHE AND CANDIED …
KABOCHA SQUASH SOUP — GLAM GOURMET
KABOCHA SQUASH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
KABOCHA SQUASH AND CHESTNUT SOUP WITH CHIPOTLE CREME FRAICHE …
KABOCHA SQUASH AND FENNEL SOUP WITH CRèME FRAîCHE | RECIPE
20 KABOCHA SQUASH RECIPES TO MAKE WHILE IT’S STILL IN SEASON
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CHILLI & CRèME FRAîCHE RECIPE - BBC …
KABOCHA SQUASH SOUP - CREAMY PERFECTION! - RACHEL COOKS®
KABOCHA CHIPOTLE SOUP - SPRINT 2 THE TABLE
KABOCHA SQUASH AND FENNEL SOUP WITH CRèME FRAîCHE RECIPE BY …
KABOCHA SQUASH SOUP RECIPE (JAPANESE PUMPKIN SOUP)
KABOCHA SQUASH SOUP - PASS THE PLANTS
KABOCHA SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - CLEAN & DELICIOUS
11 DELICIOUS KABOCHA RECIPES TO MAKE THIS SEASON - JUST ONE …
KABOCHA SQUASH SOUP WITH CRANBERRY & TOASTED HAZELNUTS
CURRY KABOCHA SQUASH SOUP - ELISSA GOODMAN
BUTTERNUT SQUASH & CHESTNUT SOUP - JO'S KITCHEN LARDER
KABOCHA (CREAMY JAPANESE SQUASH SOUP) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
KABOCHA SQUASH CRèME FRAîCHE PIE RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
KABOCHA SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - EATINGWELL
KABOCHA SQUASH AND CHESTNUT SOUP WITH KALE SESAME CRISPS
KABOCHA SQUASH AND FENNEL SOUP WITH CRèME FRAîCHE AND CANDIED …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook kabocha squash soup?Place the roasted kabocha squash flesh into the pot with the onions and celery mixture. Add the stock, salt, and pepper. Increase the heat to high to bring the soup to a simmer. Then, lower the heat to low. Partially cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
What is kabocha soup made of?Kabocha Soup, which is also known as Kabocha Potage (かぼちゃポタージュ) in Japan, is a thick creamy soup that’s made from Kabocha squash (a.k.a. Japanese pumpkins), aromatics, and stock.
How do you cook kabocha?Add kabocha and saute together with onions until the kabocha is cooked. Pour water and add chicken bouillon powder in the pot. (Note, chicken broth may be substituted for the bouillon and water.) Simmer on low heat for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until kabocha is softened.
Do kabocha squash have seeds?Unlike many other varieties of winter squash, such as pumpkins, kabocha squashes are almost all flesh. The seeds can be scraped out and roasted like any pumpkin seed. But mostly what you get with a kabocha is thick, solid winter squash, which cooks up into the most flavorful soup.