BANANA BREAD (KING ARTHUR)
This recipe comes from the King Arthur Baker's Companion. It is mildly flavored, moist and very good.
Provided by HisPixie
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 1 loaf, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, and oil. Blend in the mashed banana and vanilla.
- Whisk together and then sift the baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour. Add all at once to banana mixture. Mix quickly but thoroughly, then stir in the yogurt (I used sour cream) and nuts, mixing until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake the bread for about 1 hour, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. If the bread begins to brown too quickly, tent it with aluminum foil after 40 minutes in the oven.
- When the bread tests done, remove it from the oven and place on rack for 15 minutes; after that, remove from pan and place on rack to finish cooling completely.
KING ARTHUR'S WHOLE WHEAT SANDWICH BREAD
This soft, moist bread is perfect for toast or sandwiches. AND it's packed with healthy fiber! --from the Baker's Catalogue, Spring 08.
Provided by cook from scratch
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 1 loaf
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine all ingredients and mix and knead, by hand, mixer or bread machine until you've made a smooth, fairly stiff (but not dry) dough. Place in a lightly greased bowl, covered and allow to rise for 60 to 90 minutes, until its expanded a bit. It won't have doubled in size, but should feel puffy when you squeeze it.
- Lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan. Gently shape the dough into a smooth log, there's no need to punch it down, just stretch and round it to fit in the pan. Place it in the pan, smooth side up, cover the pan and allow it to rise for about 30-45 minutes, till it crowns over the rim by an inch or so. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake the bread for 35 to 40 minutes, until the center registers 190F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove it from the oven, and turn out of the pan onto a rack. Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing.
People also searched
More about "king arthur bread recipes"
THE EASIEST LOAF OF BREAD YOU'LL EVER BAKE | KING ARTHUR ...
With just five everyday ingredients, simple instructions, and no advanced baking techniques, this recipe for European-style crusty bread is a great introduction to yeast baking. It truly is “the easiest loaf of bread you’ll ever bake” — thanks in large part to the high-protein of King Arthur Unbleached Bread …
- Weigh your flour; or measure it by gently spooning it into a cup, then sweeping off any excess., Stir together all of the ingredients (except the cornmeal) in a large bowl, starting with 4 1/2 cups of the flour. Use a sturdy spoon, or your stand mixer equipped with the beater paddle. Mix until everything comes together in a rough, shaggy mass of dough.
- If you’re kneading the dough by hand, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, using some of the additional 1/2 cup of flour called for. Fold the far edge of the dough back over on itself towards you, then press it away from you with the heels of your hands. Rotate the dough 90°. Repeat this fold-press-rotate process with a rhythmic, rocking motion for about 6 minutes. When fully kneaded, the dough will be bouncy and smooth.
- If you’re using your stand mixer, switch to the dough hook and knead the dough at medium speed for about 7 minutes, until it’s smooth, elastic, and feels a bit bouncy. If the dough doesn’t form a ball that clears the sides of the bowl, sprinkle in just enough of the additional flour to make this happen., Place the dough in a bowl that’s been lightly greased with vegetable oil or cooking spray; the bowl you started with is fine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or another airtight cover, and let the dough rise at room temperature until it's doubled in size, about 1 to 2 hours. If your kitchen is particularly cold (below 65°F), place the bowl of dough in your turned-off oven with the oven light on.
CLASSIC SANDWICH BREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
3 cups (360g) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour; 1/2 cup (113g) milk (skim, 1%, 2% or whole, your choice)* 1/2 to 2/3 cup (113g to 152g) hot water, enough to make a …
- To make the dough: Weigh your flour; or measure it by gently spooning it into a cup, then sweeping off any excess.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir until the dough starts to leave the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased surface, oil your hands, and knead it for 6 to 8 minutes, or until it begins to become smooth and supple.
- Or mix and knead the dough using an electric mixer or food processor, or in a bread machine set to the dough or manual cycle., Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover the bowl, and allow the dough to rise until puffy though not necessarily doubled in bulk, about 1 to 2 hours, depending on the warmth of your kitchen.
EVERYDAY BREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
Everyday Bread. Baking bread is one of life's greatest simple pleasures. We know there’s plenty of you who love to bake, but don't bake bread. Maybe you’ve tried it a few times, or maybe you never have. Maybe you’re not that confident about it, or it seems too time …
See details »
RECIPES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
Discover King Arthur Flour's wide-ranging collection of thousands of recipes, covering everything you love to bake from apple pie to yeast bread.
See details »
BREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
Best Chocolate Recipes; Recipes to Bake With Kids; Sourdough Discard Recipes; 5 Ingredients or Fewer — View All Recipe Collections; Resources. Recipe Box; Bakers Hotline; Ingredient Weight Chart; How to Measure Flour; Recipe Success Guide
See details »
NO-KNEAD CRUSTY WHITE BREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
- The flour/liquid ratio is important in this recipe, so measure carefully. Your best bet is to weigh the flour; or measure it by gently spooning it into a cup, then sweeping off any excess.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, or a large (6-quart), food-safe plastic bucket. For first-timers, "lukewarm" means about 105°F, but don't stress over getting the temperatures exact here.
- Mix and stir everything together to make a very sticky, rough dough. If you have a stand mixer, beat at medium speed with the beater blade for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Next, you're going to let the dough rise. If you've made the dough in a plastic bucket, you're all set — just let it stay there, covering the bucket with a lid or plastic wrap; a shower cap actually works well here.
- Cover the bowl or bucket, and let the dough rise at room temperature for 2 hours. Then refrigerate it for at least 2 hours, or for up to about 7 days. (If you're pressed for time, skip the room-temperature rise, and stick it right into the fridge).
- When you're ready to make bread, sprinkle the top of the dough with flour; this will make it easier to grab a hunk. Grease your hands, and pull off about 1/4 to 1/3 of the dough — a 14-ounce to 19-ounce piece, if you have a scale.
- Plop the sticky dough onto a floured work surface, and round it into a ball, or a longer log. Don't fuss around trying to make it perfect; just do the best you can.
- Place the loaf on a piece of parchment (if you're going to use a baking stone); or onto a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Sift a light coating of flour over the top; this will help keep the bread moist as it rests before baking.
- Let the loaf warm to room temperature and rise; this should take about 60 minutes (or longer, up to a couple of hours, if your house is cool). It won't appear to rise upwards that much; rather, it'll seem to settle and expand.
- When you're ready to bake, take a sharp knife and slash the bread 2 or 3 times, making a cut about 1/2" deep. The bread may deflate a bit; that's OK, it'll pick right up in the hot oven.
OUR FAVORITE SANDWICH BREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
For added whole-grain goodness, substitute King Arthur whole wheat flour (Premium or white whole wheat) for up to half of the all-purpose flour in this recipe. Add an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons milk, if …
- Let the mixture cool to lukewarm, then add the yeast and sugar., Weigh your flour; or measure it by gently spooning it into a cup, then sweeping off any excess. , Once the yeast softens, add the remaining ingredients and stir until the dough starts to leave the sides of the bowl., Transfer the dough to a lightly greased surface, oil your hands, and knead it for 6 to 8 minutes, or until it begins to become smooth and supple. (You may also knead this dough in an electric mixer or food processor, or in a bread machine set to the dough or manual cycle).
- Add a bit of additional milk or flour if needed — the dough should be soft, but not sticky., Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover, and allow it to rise until puffy though not necessarily doubled in bulk, about 1 hour., Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled work surface, and shape it into an 8" log.
- Place the log in a lightly greased 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan, cover loosely with lightly greased plastic wrap, and allow the bread to rise for about 60 minutes, until it's domed about 1" above the edge of the pan.
KING ARTHUR FLOUR RECIPES: 10 OF OUR ALL-TIME FAVORITES
- 100% Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins. I genuinely like baking with whole wheat flour; the taste is hearty and comforting. But if you have picky eaters who might turn up their nose at whole wheat flour, try this blueberry muffin recipe, which uses white whole wheat flour.
- Triple Cinnamon Scones. My favorite thing to get on Saturday morning at the farmers market is the local bakery's cinnamon scone, so this has to be the recipe of the year.
- Truly Decadent Bacon Brownies. Bacon makes everything better, even brownies. This recipe combines salty and sweet, tender and crunchy; decadent is exactly the right word for these brownies.
- Gingerbread Waffles. Last year was the year of banana bread. This year should be the year of gingerbread waffles. If you need a little bit of spice in your morning routine, try these gingerbread waffles.
- Gluten-Free Popovers. Popovers are glorious, and oh so buttery. There's cupcake fans, and than there's popover fans. I am the latter. Popovers are glorious.
- Sourdough English Muffins. This bread recipe might be an all-time favorite. English muffins are just plain good, and they work for so many meals. Butter and jam, sure, but eggs and sausage for a breakfast sandwich, too.
- Orange Sunshine Coffeecake. JJust the name of this coffeecake makes me smile. There's something about the orange and cinnamon combo that's bright and happy.
- Chocolate Coconut Quick Bread. Don't make this recipe because it's gluten-free; make it because it's chocolate and coconut and oh so good. The dense, deep chocolate taste will make this one of your favorites.
- Homemade Pierogi. Turning to some savory favorites, this pierogi recipe is fun to try. To be fair, you can make sweet pierogi, too. However you want to fill these boiled dumplings, it's going to taste amazing.
- Fresh Pasta. Fresh pasta is so easy to make at home; it's just flour, eggs and salt. If you don't have a pasta machine, you can roll it out very thin and use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut into ribbons.
BEST KING ARTHUR BREAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BREAD USING ...
2017-02-18 · Author Notes. I love this bread. This recipe makes two 500g. (using bakers percentages) loaves, baked in dutch ovens. I had a bag of King Arthur organic white flour, and it's about 100g. give or take shy of the 1,000g I'm used to baking with, so I made …
KING ARTHUR PERFECT GLUTEN-FREE LOAF PAN | KING ARTHUR BAKING
King Arthur Perfect Gluten-Free Loaf Pan ... Easy returns. Our guarantee. For gluten-free bread baking and beyond. Gluten-free yeast loaves require more support as they rise and bake. The extra-tall sides on this pan will do just that, creating a beautifully shaped gluten-free loaf, ideal for sandwiches. Works beautifully for recipes with conventional flours in a 9" x 5" pan as well, giving a ...
27 KING ARTHUR BREAD RECIPES IDEAS | RECIPES, BREAD ...
Feb 10, 2014 - Explore Susan Kinsey's board "King Arthur Bread Recipes" on Pinterest. See more ideas about recipes, bread recipes, bread.
EASY CRUSTY BAGUETTES: KING ARTHUR FLOUR | KING ARTHUR ...
When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures.
BANANA BREAD: AWARD WINNING RECIPE FROM KING ARTHUR ...
Banana Bread: Award Winning Recipe from King Arthur. 2 · By far the best banana bread I have ever eaten. Kudos to the folks at King Arthur Flour and their great ingredients. Recipe by Gourmet Living. 197. 13 ingredients. Produce. 2 cups Thoroughly mashed banana. Refrigerated. 2 Eggs, large. Baking & Spices. 1/2 tsp Baking powder. 1 tsp Baking soda. 1 cup Brown sugar. 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon ...
PUMPERNICKEL-RYE HEARTH BREAD | HEARTH BREAD RECIPE, BREAD ...
Bread Flour Recipes More information Pumpernickel-Rye Hearth Bread - King Arthur Flour - This hearty rye loaf is flavorful sliced, toasted, and smeared with a generous quantity of melting butter.
110 BEST BREAD RECIPE KING ARTHUR IDEAS IN 2021 | BREAD ...
May 16, 2021 - Explore Hsiao-Ping Oong's board "Bread recipe king arthur" on Pinterest. See more ideas about bread recipe king arthur, recipes, bread recipes.
62 KING ARTHUR BREAD IDEAS IN 2021 | KING ARTHUR FLOUR ...
Jun 26, 2021 - Explore Shari Crockett's board "KING ARTHUR BREAD" on Pinterest. See more ideas about king arthur flour, recipes, food.
13 BEST BREAD RECIPE KING ARTHUR IDEAS IN 2021 | BREAD ...
Mar 27, 2021 - Explore Natalie Bergstrom's board "Bread recipe king arthur" on Pinterest. See more ideas about bread recipes, bread, king arthur flour.
See details »
SHOP FOR SALE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour - 8 lb. 211210. Current Price $5.33 Original Price $8.95. 5 out of 5 stars (1958 Reviews) Add to Cart. Sale King Arthur Organic All-Purpose Flour - 5 lb. 08006. Current Price $7.98 Original Price $9.95. 5 out of 5 stars (256 Reviews) Add to Cart. Sale Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Mix 200750. Current Price $5.98 Original Price $6.95. 5 out of 5 stars (169 Reviews ...
See details »
10 BEST KING ARTHUR BREAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHOP FOR SETS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
Special Savings. King Arthur Deluxe Time to Replace Your Pan Set 211141. Current Price. $131.65. Original Price. $138.65. 5 out of 5 stars. (17.
See details »
SHOP FOR BREADS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
featured best selling newest top-rated price: low to high price: high to low. showing 16 items. Almond Filled Sweet Bread Mix 100199. Current Price. $12.95. Original Price. 4 out of 5 stars. (209. Reviews.
See details »
Is King Arthur flour, such as their bread flour, worth the difference in price for the once a week or so bread machine loaf? What's your opinion? It's not that much over many weeks but it all adds up. TIA -- "Things would be a lot nicer if antique people were valued as highly as antique furniture!" Anon Boron Elgar. unread, Jun 30, 2014, 3:38:59 PM 6/30/14 to . On 30 Jun 2014 16:17:17 GMT ...
See details »
10 BEST KING ARTHUR BREAD FLOUR RECIPES | YUMMLY
KING ARTHUR'S EASY BEST LOAF | BREAD RECIPES | QUICK ...
Quick Recipeshttp://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGugZymE2aF9gxu2UPy2Gvw?sub_confirmation=1My Healthhttp://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4E_xP_PRjqrXmfwOyEfxLA?sub_c...
See details »
HOW TO CONVERT A BREAD RECIPE TO TANGZHONG | KING ARTHUR ...
You love your grandma’s homemade sandwich bread recipe, but wish it was just a bit more tender and less crumbly. You’ve found a recipe online for cinnamon rolls but are bummed at how quickly they harden up and become dry once they’re out of the oven. Want to make your favorite yeast bread and rolls reliably soft and tender? Tangzhong is the solution.
See details »
BEST SITES ABOUT KING ARTHUR ARTISAN BREAD RECIPES
Gluten Free Sourdough Bread Recipe King Arthur. RECIPES (6 days ago) Nov 07, 2015 · Gluten free sourdough bread recipe king arthur. 1 cup 227g warm milk. Mix together the flour and water in a medium sized bowl stirring until thoroughly combined. 12 teaspoon instant yeast. 1 14 teaspoons xanthan gum. Sometime between days 5 and 10. 2 cups 312g ...
See details »