CHICKEN CHEESE LASAGNA
This creamy pasta dish gives an old favorite a new twist! Three cheeses and chicken blended with the fresh taste of spinach make it a real crowd-pleaser. Try it served with a green salad and a light dessert. - Mary Ann Kosmas, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour and salt until blended; cook until bubbly. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in 2 cups mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano and pepper; set aside. , In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parsley and remaining mozzarella; set aside. Spread one-quarter of the cheese sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; cover with one-third of the noodles. Layer with half of the ricotta mixture, half of the spinach and half of the chicken. , Cover with one-quarter of the cheese sauce and one-third of the noodles. Repeat layers of ricotta mixture, spinach, chicken and one-quarter cheese sauce. Cover with remaining noodles and cheese sauce. , Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350°, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410 calories, Fat 22g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 87mg cholesterol, Sodium 830mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
ROASTED RED PEPPER LASAGNA
"A friend gave me this recipe, and it quickly became a family favorite," says Deborah Johnson of Cody, Wyoming. "It's rich and creamy, and the roasted red peppers give it such a wonderful flavor."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 9 pieces.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Cut each pepper into quarters; remove seeds. Place peppers, cut side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 20-25 minutes or until skin is blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard skin. Cut peppers into 1/4-in. strips., Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. In a saucepan, cook red peppers and garlic in oil for 1 minute; add the tomatoes, parsley, sugar, basil and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened., Spread 1 cup pepper sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles, 1-1/2 cups pepper sauce, 1 cup white sauce and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, white sauce and pepper sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 19mg cholesterol, Sodium 386mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS LASAGNA
Minimal prep time is needed for this tasty meal; let the oven do the rest! Big flavor comes from the addition of the Italian sausage and peppers while the PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese adds a wonderfully creamy texture.
Provided by Philadelphia
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown sausage with onions and peppers. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and milk with mixer until well blended. Combine mozzarella and Parmesan. Reserve 1-1/2 cups; mix remaining with cream cheese mixture.
- Drain sausage; return to skillet. Stir spaghetti sauce, water and oregano into meat sauce. Spread 1/3 of meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; cover with 3 noodles and half the cream cheese mixture. Top with 3 noodles, half the remaining meat sauce and 3 noodles. Cover with layers of remaining cream cheese mixture, noodles, meat sauce and reserved cheese. Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 1 hour or until heated through, removing foil after 45 min. Let stand 15 min. before cutting to serve. Serve with toast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 515.1 calories, Carbohydrate 46.8 g, Cholesterol 72.3 mg, Fat 28.3 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 18.9 g, SaturatedFat 13.4 g, Sodium 964.7 mg, Sugar 8 g
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND CHICKEN LASAGNA
The sauce for this lasagna is stolen from Recipe #236876, except I nixed the salt due to dietary needs.
Provided by cookin from scratch
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Roast red peppers (see Recipe #18589 for instructions).
- Boil lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Steam chicken, cut into thin pieces.
- Cook olive oil and garlic in a large skillet at medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Add half the chicken chicken and 1/2 cup cheese and toss well.
- Add milk, stir and raise to medium high heat for about 2 minutes.
- To prevent curdling, mix yogurt with the rest of the chicken pieces in a separate bowl.
- Turn off heat, return mixture to skillet and mix well.
- In lasagna pan, layer chicken and sauce, roasted red peppers, and noodles.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350 just until hot.
LASAGNA PEPPER BOATS
Always looking for low-carb recipes, I was making my family lasagna and got the idea to make my lasagna in a 'green pepper boat' instead of using noodles. This tastes great even to people who love carbs! Freezes well too. If I make a smaller batch, I will freeze the leftover sauce for the next time.
Provided by Joan Gerland Crabtree
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange bell peppers, cut-side up, in a 10x15-inch baking dish; season with salt. Pour enough water into dish to make 1/4-inch depth.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, 1 teaspoon salt, oregano, and black pepper to ground beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors blend, about 15 minutes.
- Fill each bell pepper with a heaping tablespoon cottage cheese; top with a layer of mozzarella cheese, a layer of Cheddar cheese, and meat sauce. Sprinkle each 'boat' with more mozzarella cheese and Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until peppers are tender and cheeses are melted, 50 to 65 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232.2 calories, Carbohydrate 10 g, Cholesterol 49.4 mg, Fat 13.6 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 18.6 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 815.3 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
LASAGNA WITH CHICKEN AND PEPPERS
- For pepper sauce: halve and seed the peppers and cut into 1/2 inch dice.
- Seed and chop the tomatoes, reserving 1 cup of juice.
- Mince 1 tablespoon herbs.
- For both the pepper and chicken sauce, mince the 8 onions, 8 cloves garlic.
- Chop 2 cup parsley and 1/2 cup basil.
- For the pepper sauce, heat olive oil in large frying pan.
- Add half of the onions and pepper and cook until soft, aobut 15 mins.
- Add the tablespoon of minced herbs and half of the garlic, parsley, basil and cook about 2 mins.
- Add tomatoes and reserved 1 cup juice and cook until most of the liquid had evaporated, about 15 mins.
- Season to taste.
- The pepper sauce can be made one week ahead.
- For chicken sauce, trim the chicken breasts of fat and connective tissue and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the prosciutto in 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Sear the chicken about 2 minutesa side until well browned, cooking in batches to avoid overcrowding.
- Reduce heat, return all chicken to pan and simmer until barely cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch dice.
- In the same frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat and briefly saute ham and remaining garlic, parsley and basil until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add to chicken.
- In the same pan used to cook the chicken and ham, heat remaining 6 oz of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the remaining onions and peppers.
- Saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in flour and cook for 4 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken mixture and heavy cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chicken sauce can be made several days ahead.
- Boil the spinach noodles according to package directions and cook until tender.
- If using fresh, cook in batches for about 2 minutes a batch.
- Remove lasagne to a large bowl of cold water to stop the cooking, then to a damp towel.
- Grate parmesan and fontina cheeses.
- Butter four 9 by 13 inch lasagna pans or large oval pans.
- Pour a layer of hte pepper sauce into each pan.
- Put a layer of lasagna noodles on top of the sauce, overlapping slightly.
- Add a layer of the chicken sauce, then a layer of the cheeses, and another layer of pasta.
- Repeat the process 3 more times ending with the pepper sauce and cheeses.
- Cover with foil.
- Lasagne at this point can be made a day ahead.
- Cooking and serving: Heat oven to 375 F.
- Bake lasagne in a preheated oven until cooked through, about 45 mins.
- Allow lasagne to rest for 15 mins.
- before cutting and serving.
Easy, tasty, filling family meal
Provided by sdw1971
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cook the lasagne in boiling salted water until tender. (A little oil added to the water will prevent the sheets of pasta from sticking together.)
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in the spices, bay leaves, salt and pepper, then mix in the chicken (shredded or chopped).
- Dissolve the cornflour in the milk and add to the pan. Cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Drain the lasagne and spread out on paper towels
- Make alternate layers of lasagne and the chicken mixture in a baking dish.
- Combine the yogurt and cheese and spread over the top.
- Bake in a preheated moderately hot oven 200C (400F) Gas mark 6 for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
MEXICAN CHICKEN-AND-POBLANO LASAGNA
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brush the inside of an 8-inch square baking dish with oil. Toss the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, and cook, undisturbed, until it begins to brown in spots, about 2 minutes. Add the poblanos, tomatoes and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is cooked through, the peppers are crisp-tender and the tomatoes are saucey, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat, and stir in the garlic. Transfer the chicken, vegetables and juices to a medium bowl to cool. Wipe out the skillet, add enough oil to just cover the bottom and heat over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add 3 of the tortillas, and fry until they are hot but still pale, about 10 seconds per side. Remove the tortillas to a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Fry the remaining tortillas in 3 batches of 3, adding and heating oil as needed between batches. Cover the bottom of the prepared baking dish with 4 overlapping tortillas. Top with half the chicken-poblano mixture, sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese blend and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan and dollop with 1/4 cup of the sour cream. Top with 4 more overlapping tortillas, the remaining chicken-poblano mixture, 1 cup of the remaining cheese blend and the remaining 1/4 cup each of Parmesan and sour cream. Top with the remaining tortillas and 1 1/2 cups shredded blend. Cover the dish loosely with foil, and bake until the lasagna is hot and the cheese is melted, about 25 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake for 5 minutes more. Let rest for a few minutes. Cut into 4 squares, place on 4 serving plates and divide the romaine and radishes among the plates.
LASAGNA WITH CHICKEN AND PEPPER SAUCES
- Pepper Sauce: Cut peppers into 1/2 inch dice. Mince 1 tsp. herbs. For both the Pepper and Chicken Sauce, mince the onions and garlic. Chop parsley and basil. Heat oil in large pot. Add half of onions and the peppers,cook until soft, about 15 minutes. Add tsp. of minced herbs and half of garlic, parsley and basil,cook about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and jar of pasta sauce, cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes. Season to taste. Chicken Sauce: Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cut the prosciutto into 1/2" pieces. Heat small amount of butter in large frying pan over medium heat. Sear the chicken about 2 minutes a side until well browned, cooking in batches. Reduce heat, return all chicken to pan, and simmer until barely cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool. Cut chicken into 1/2 inch dice. In the same frying pan, heat 1/4 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat and briefly saute the ham and the remaining garlic, parsley and basil until fragrant, about 2 mintues. Add to chicken. In the same pan used to cook the chicken and ham, heat remaining butter and olive oil. Add the remaining onions and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook for 4 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly. Whisk in chicken stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes add the chicken mixture and heavy cream and season to taste with salt and pepper. Boil the spinach lasagne noodles according to package directions (or not) and cook until tender. Remove noodles to a large bowl of cold water to stop the cooking, then to a damp towel. Grate Parmesan and fontina cheeses.
People also searched
More about "lasagna with chicken and peppers recipes"
CHICKEN LASAGNA | I HEART RECIPES
5/5 (1)Category Main DishCuisine ItalianTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Place all the vegetables, except for the spinach, in a roaster pan and drizzle 2 tbsp of the canola oil over the veggies. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of the salt free seasoning, and Italian seasoning on the veggies, then toss.
- Season the chicken with 2 tsp of salt free seasonings, then pan fry the chicken. Once the chicken is done, thinly slice it.
CHEESY CHICKEN LASAGNA - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4.5/5 Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
BEST LASAGNA RECIPE WITH CHICKEN BY DANIEL BOULUD
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
ROASTED RED PEPPER & CHICKEN LASAGNA | CHICKEN.CA
See details »
CREAMY CHICKEN LASAGNA | GIMME DELICIOUS
4.9/5 (7)Category DinnerCuisine American, ItalianTotal Time 45 mins
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large pan to medium/high heat. Toss in onions and cook for 3-5 minutes, until golden and soft. Add bell peppers and cook for another minute. Next add garlic and spices and cook for just 30 seconds. Turn heat off.
- Add shredded chicken, chopped spinach, cream cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, and 1/4 cup parmesan to the cooked veggies (while heat is off) and throughly combine with a spatula (you can also do this in a large bowl).
- Spread 1/3 of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with the chicken mixture, and top with 3 lasagna noodles; repeat. Top with remaining sauce, and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
FAST ROTISSERIE CHICKEN LASAGNA RECIPE - KRISTEN STEVENS ...
4/5 (1)Category Meat & Poultry Recipes, Chicken RecipesServings 4-6Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk for 3 minutes, or until it becomes light golden brown in color. Slowly whisk in the milk and cook till it thickens. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the Dijon mustard, soy sauce and nutmeg. Season generously with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Whisk ¾ cup of water into the white sauce.
- In a 9-by-11-inch ovenproof baking dish, spread 1/2 cup of the white sauce and top with 4 of the lasagna noodles. Add a layer of chicken and spinach, then top with some of the white sauce. Repeat with the remaining noodles, chicken, spinach and white sauce, to make three layers of lasagna, ending with white sauce on top. Sprinkle with the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and dot with the mozzarella. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then uncover the baking dish and bake for 10 minutes, until the noodles are cooked. Allow the lasagna to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
WORLD'S BEST CHICKEN LASAGNA (MAKE AHEAD, FREEZER ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- NOODLES: Place lasagna noodles into the bottom of a long pan. Pour hot tap water over the noodles until they are submerged. Let them soak while you prep the lasagna – at least 30 minutes. Agitate the noodles with your hands occasionally to prevent them from sticking together.
- ALFREDO SAUCE: Melt 5 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat then whisk in flour and garlic. Cook, while stirring for 2 minutes. Turn heat to low then gradually whisk in half and half, chicken broth and all spices/seasonings.
EASY SWEET PEPPER LASAGNA RECIPE - TODD PORTER AND DIANE ...
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Cook lasagna noodles until al dente according to package instructions. Rinse under cold water until cool. Lay the cooked pasta flat and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and then add the sweet peppers. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, Parmigiano-Reggiano, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Set aside.
DELICIOUS CHICKEN LASAGNA RECIPE - LIFE MADE SIMPLE BAKES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the onions and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the stovetop and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then combine with the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, spinach, cream cheese, ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella, 3 tablespoons of parmesan, and the chicken. Mix until combined.
- Spread 1/4 of pasta sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Cover with a layer of noodles, 1/4 of the sauce, then half of the filling. Top with another layer of noodles, 1/4 of the sauce then the remaining chicken mixture. Add a final layer of noodles and sauce, then sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan over top.
MEXICAN CHICKEN LASAGNA - COOKING AND CUSSING
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
- Preheat broiler to high. Place two poblano peppers on a baking sheet and rub the outside of the peppers with olive oil. Place peppers in the broiler and cook for 15 minutes or until the skin is charred. Turn the pepper over halfway through cooking time.
- Melt 2 Tb of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir continuously for 2 minutes or until the flour is slightly browned. Slowly add the chicken stock and whisk until there are no lumps in the sauce.
CHICKEN, ROASTED RED PEPPER AND GOAT CHEESE LASAGNA ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins See details »
BEST EVER CHICKEN LASAGNA RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
See details »
CHICKEN ALFREDO LASAGNA - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
See details »
LASAGNA CHICKEN BAKE · EASY FAMILY RECIPES
See details »
LASAGNA WITH CHICKEN AND PEPPERS RECIPE
See details »
CHICKEN LASAGNA WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE (FROM ...
See details »
LASAGNA WITH CHICKEN AND PEPPERS- TFRECIPES
See details »
time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion for-large-groups main-dish pasta poultry vegetables oven european dinner-party italian lasagna chicken one-dish-meal meat pasta-rice-and-grains onions peppers tomatoes equipment number-of-servings
You'll also love