LECHE FLAN (FILIPINO CREME CARAMEL)
Filipino leche flan is a rich custard made with egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk served with a syrupy caramel topping.
Provided by Connie Veneracion
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Start heating water in a steaming pot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425 kcal, Carbohydrate 66 g, Cholesterol 231 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 192 mg, Sugar 65 g, Fat 13 g, ServingSize Serves 12, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
LECHE FLAN - CUSTARD WITH CARAMEL
Creamy custard with caramel syrup. complete step by step instructions. ive looked in the internet and most recipes are with vague directions. - this recipe is purely experimental and not the standard custard recipe. but everyone at home loved it so i thought id share it with u guys... =) -lemon juice may be substituted with vanilla extract (1 tspn) or almond extract. - 2-4 egg yolks may be added to be more creamy. - i didnt put any pan size or moulds. all depending on your preference. but i like using loaf pans, muffin pans and 9inch rounds.
Provided by Lyreen
Yield 30 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Custard: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare your pans/moulds.
- Beat the eggs with an electric mixer. Set aside until the big bubbles or most of the bubbles disappear.
- Add all the other custard ingredients. Stir gently with a whisk by hand in a single direction until sugar is dissolved. (It is imperative to not have bubbles or the custard will cook with a cakey texture.).
- Strain the mixture in a mesh strainer onto another bowl to get the lumpy egg whites. (to have a smooth and creamy texture) Set aside.
- Custard: Melt sugar in an iron pan over high heat. When most of the sugar is burnt (dark golden brown in color) add 1 cup of water. Keep stirring until all of the sugar is dissolve. By this time sugar will be slightly bitter and have a brittle consistency. Add 1/2 cup water and simmer for about 1 minute.
- Immediately pour the custard into the pans, dividing evenly. Pour the custard mixture over the caramel. (about 1 inch thick max or the center wont cook evenly with the sides.) Cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the mould in a large cookie sheet with about an inch of water. Bake for 45 - 60 minutes depending on your pan size. (add about a 1/2 - 1 cup of water every 20 minutes) Insert a toothpick to check if the custard is cooked. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is cooked. (or when center is firm, i prefer the toothpick method).
- Cool and then chill before serving. Run a knife around the mould to let the custard loose and flip over a dish to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125.4, Fat 3.8, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 78.9, Sodium 54.8, Carbohydrate 19.1, Sugar 17.8, Protein 4.1
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thickened and light brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Spread caramel evenly over the inside of a flan mold, tilting the mold to make sure the whole surface is covered.
- Combine evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Stir lightly to prevent bubbles or foam from forming. Strain batter slowly into the caramel-lined flan mold. Cover with aluminum foil. Place mold onto a baking pan filled with water.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm, about 1 hour. Let cool, about 30 minutes. Invert carefully onto a platter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387.4 calories, Carbohydrate 55.4 g, Cholesterol 335.9 mg, Fat 14 g, Protein 10.6 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 118.8 mg, Sugar 54.6 g
More about "leche flan custard with caramel recipes"
LECHE FLAN (CARAMEL CUSTARD) - SALU SALO RECIPES
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 346 per serving
CREAMY LECHE FLAN - RECIPES BY NORA
Ratings 2Calories 352 per servingCategory Dessert
LECHE FLAN (CREME CARAMEL/PURIN) RECIPE & VIDEO ...
LECHE FLAN CAKE (CUSTARD CAKE) - LATEST RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE LECHE FLAN RECIPE: (CARAMEL CUSTARD, CRèME ...
CRÈME CARAMEL (FLAN) || CARAMEL CUSTARD PUDDING ||EASY ...
FLAN CUSTARD RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LECHE FLAN - FILIPINO CARAMEL CUSTARD - WISHFUL CHEF
SILKY SMOOTH AND CREAMY CLASSIC FILIPINO LECHE FLAN ...
LECHE FLAN (FILIPINO BAKED CUSTARD) RECIPE
LECHE FLAN (CUSTARD WITH CARAMELIZED SUGAR) - EASY ...
LECHE FLAN - CUSTARD WITH CARAMEL - PLAIN.RECIPES
LECHE FLAN WITH LEMON RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CARAMEL CUSTARD PUDDING RECIPE | CARAMEL PUDDING RECIPE ...
LECHE FLAN RECIPE (CLASSIC FILIPINO STYLE CRèME CARAMEL ...
FLAN RECIPE (CRèME CARAMEL, CARAMEL CUSTARD) - HOW TO MAKE ...
STEAMED LECHE FLAN RECIPE - PILIPINAS RECIPES
LECHE FLAN RECIPE | YUMMY.PH
RECIPE FOR HEAVENLY LECHE FLAN – PHILIPPINE CARAMEL CUSTARD
THE BEST CREME CARAMEL CUSTARD - LOVEFOODIES
LECHE FLAN - YUMMY KITCHEN
CARAMEL EGG PUDDING|CUSTARD PUDDING|LECHE FLAN|CREME ...
LECHE FLAN - A FILIPINO DESSERT FAVORITE
FLAN DESSERT RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
LECHE FLAN - MAMA'S GUIDE RECIPES
MEXICAN KETO FLAN - DIVALICIOUS RECIPES
LECHE FLAN: FILIPINO WHOLE EGG CRèME CARAMEL CUSTARD
UBE LECHE FLAN RECIPE - PURPLE YAM FLAVORED EGG CUSTARD
LECHE FLAN - EGG CUSTARD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL SYRUP ...
CARAMEL CUSTARD RECIPE EASY - THERESCIPES.INFO
LECHE FLAN AND ITS PHILIPPINE ORIGINS - ASIAN IN AMERICA
LECHE FLAN CUSTARD CAKE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
LECHE FLAN - HAPPY TUMMY RECIPES
You'll also love