LIMA BEAN PASTA
This is a heavenly recipe for a chilly night. It is quite garlicky, so if you don't like garlic, you might want to find another option for dinner! The ingredients are very easily adjusted, so if you really like tarragon, add more. If you hate it, add less, etc. The ratios are very flexible, so don't be afraid to experiment. The parmesan adds a lot of flavour.
Provided by Julia
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place rotini pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place lima beans in skillet. Season with garlic, tarragon, and salt. Cook and stir until heated through. Toss with cooked rotini and top with Parmesan cheese to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 453.1 calories, Carbohydrate 56.4 g, Cholesterol 8.8 mg, Fat 18 g, Fiber 6.9 g, Protein 15.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 580.3 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
CREAMY LIMA-BEAN SOUP WITH PASTA AND PEPPERS
- Heat broiler. Place peppers, skin sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil 4 inches from heat until charred, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool slightly; using a paper towel, rub off blackened skins. Coarsely chop peppers; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and carrots until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add broth, thyme, lima beans, and 2 cups water. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer 15 minutes. Stir in basil and lemon juice.
- Working in batches (do not fill container more than halfway), puree soup in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return soup to pan; bring to a boil, and add pasta and reserved peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
LIMA BEANS PASTA CASSEROLE
THIS IS A RECIPE I MADE UP BECAUSE I WAS NOT IN THE MOOD FOR EATING MEAT. IT CAN BE PUT TOGETHER WITH INGREDIENTS YOU CAN ALWAYS FIND IN YOUR PANTRY.
Provided by nimisha pulleri
Number Of Ingredients 14
- 1. boil 4 cups of water in a saucepan, add some salt,and the shell pasta to it.add one teaspoon of oil to it.cook the pasta till it has a bite to it(not raw,neither too soft).drain the water,retaining about 4-5 tablespoons of the pasta water. in a separate saucepan heat oil and add thinly sliced onions,add a little salt and saute till it gets a brown colour (caramelise the onions).
- 2. add the spices and saute for a min or 2. add the tomatoes , lima beans(washed)and frozen peas and cook for 5-7 mins.add the pasta and toss well.remove from heat. preheat the oven to 350*F. add half the amount of bread crumbs and mix.
- 3. place the pasta mixture at the bottom of a dish.
- 4. use half the amount of mozzarella cheese and layer on top of the pasta mixture
- 5. add another layer of pasta mixture. layer the remaining amount of bread crumbs on top.
- 6. layer the remaining amount of cheese on top. bake for 20 mins or till the cheese melts completely.
PASTA WITH LIMA BEANS AND SWISS CHARD
A teacher friend brought this in for her lunch and it smelled wonderful! I bugged her for 2 weeks to give me the recipe...this is the result. :)
Provided by rickoholic83
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan set on high heat until sizzling, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, parsley, onion, lima beans and prosciutto or ham.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the garlic begins to brown and the onion is soft, about 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and boil until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, cream, salt and pepper and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add the Swiss chard or spinach leaves to the sauce about 2 minutes before it's done, stirring well.
- While the sauce is simmering, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until just tender.
- Drain the pasta well and return it to the pot.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in cheese and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 713.1, Fat 22.6, SaturatedFat 7.5, Cholesterol 33.4, Sodium 779.5, Carbohydrate 110.7, Fiber 17, Sugar 3.4, Protein 17.9
PASTA WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND LIMA BEANS
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender and golden, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, thyme and crushed red pepper and stir 1 minute. Add squash and lima beans and sauté 3 minutes. Add 2 cups broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Return to pot. Add squash mixture to pasta. Toss to blend, adding more broth by 1/4 cupfuls to moisten if necessary. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
GARLIC & TARRAGON LIMA BEAN PASTA
- Boil a large pot of water, add a dash of olive oil and a few tsp. of salt (depending on your preferences). Add pasta and cook until al dente. While the pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the roasted garlic (should be soft like a paste), beans and artichoke hearts if used. Season with tarragon, salt & pepper to taste. Add enough parmesan to coat the beans evenly (approx. 1-2 cups is normally enough). When pasta is done, mix the bean mixture in, and add more parmesan if required, and a drizzle of olive oil if dry.
More about "lima bean pasta recipes"
CORN AND LIMA BEAN PASTA SALAD WITH CRAB RECIPE | FOOD ...
Servings 4-6Difficulty EasyAuthor Food Network KitchenSteps 5
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, shallot, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl.
- Cook the lima beans in the boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes. Add the corn and continue to cook until the corn is tender, about 2 minutes more. Transfer the beans and corn to a colander with a slotted spoon and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well and add to the bowl with the dressing.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool; add to the bowl.
ASPARAGUS AND LIMA BEAN PASTA SALAD • GREEN EVI
5/5 (3)Total Time 20 minsCategory Side
- Meanwhile pasta is cooking, place almond flour, bell pepper, tomatoes, miso, tahini, diced onion, garlic, lemon juice and zest (keep a little for decorating) to a blender and blend until completely smooth. Add a few tablespoons of water if the sauce is too thick.
- Add drained pasta, lima beans, pasta sauce and grilled asparagus pieces to a large bowl. Toss to coat everywhere.
LIMA BEAN SKILLET MEAL - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
FETTUCCINE WITH LIMA BEANS, PEAS, AND LEEKS RECIPE | REAL ...
5/5 (132)Total Time 25 minsServings 4Calories 684 per serving
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the beans and peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
PASTA SALAD WITH LIMA BEANS AND ANCHOVIES - PRIMAVERA KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Total Time 22 minsCategory Salad, Side DishCalories 243 per serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, add the Fusilli and cook according the package directions. Drain the pasta, rinse and transfer to a bowl.
SPINACH, LIMA BEAN & CRISPY PANCETTA PASTA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (2)Total Time 20 minsCategory Healthy Pasta And Noodle RecipesCalories 477 per serving
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of water, then drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate. Add lima beans and shallots to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallots are tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and rosemary; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta and the reserved water to the pan. Cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, the pancetta and half the pecorino. Serve the pasta topped with the remaining pecorino.
LIMA BEANS, PASTA & ONIONS - CRAFT YOUR HAPPINESS
Servings 4-6Estimated Reading Time 50 secsCategory Main Dish
10 BEST FRESH LIMA BEAN SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST BAKED LIMA BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
LIMA BEAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
LIMA BEAN PASTA RECIPE AND NUTRITION - EAT THIS MUCH
Servings 4Total Time 18 mins
SUMMER LIMA BEAN BOWTIE PASTA – TASTY AS FIT
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SOUTHERN BUTTER BEAN RECIPE (BEST LIMA BEANS) - A SPICY ...
5/5 (3)Total Time 12 hrs 40 minsCategory Side DishCalories 191 per serving
CREAMY LIMA BEAN SOUP WITH PASTA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (1)Calories 316 per servingServings 4
80 BEST LIMA BEAN RECIPES IDEAS | LIMA BEAN RECIPES, BEAN ...
LIMA BEAN GARLIC RICE PASTA RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
LIMA BEAN PASTA RECIPES
20 IDEAS FOR HEALTHY LIMA BEAN RECIPES - THE BEST RECIPES ...
LIMA BEAN RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
LIMA BEAN PASTA RECIPE - ALL THE BEST RECIPES AT CRECIPE.COM
CREOLE LIMA BEANS RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to cook lima beans?Boil pasta according to directions. Cook Lima beans according to directions. RESERVE ⅓ cup of the water after cooking. Saute onion slices until they just start turning a light brown. Mix it all together including the reserved liquid. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
How long to cook lima beans in slow cooker?Served over Mexican cornbread, it makes a delicious hearty meal. You can also do this on the stovetop. Just follow the directions on the back of the lima bean bag and add the seasonings. Slow cooker time is about 7 hours. Add a side salad for a complete meal. Four different kinds of beans baked with molasses.
What kind of spices are in Lima bean soup?A hearty side dish of baked, kidney and lima beans slow cooked with ground beef, bacon and spices. You will need a well-stocked spice rack for this soup. Thyme, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, bay leaves, fresh basil, and fresh chives make this vegetable and bean soup flavorful and delicious.