13 WAYS TO USE FRESH LIMA BEANS
These lima bean recipes will give you a new appreciation for the legume! From burgers to enchiladas to pasta, lima beans are a wonderful addition to many dishes.
Provided by insanelygood
Categories Recipe Roundup
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all the required ingredients.
- Prep a lima bean recipe in 30 minutes or less!
Nutrition Facts :
MINTY-GREEN LIMA BEAN PUREE
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast the almonds until lightly golden. Remove the almonds from the pan and set aside.
- Return the skillet medium heat and warm the butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the lima beans, salt and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, and cook until the lima beans are heated through and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the mixture to a food processor. Add the mint and puree until a smooth, even consistency is reached. Season with salt, if needed. Transfer the puree to a serving bowl and serve garnished with a drizzle of the remaining olive oil, black pepper, to taste, and the toasted almonds.
LIMA BEAN PURéE
- Simmer lima beans in water with 1teaspoon salt in a 5-quart pot, covered, until just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Purée beans with cooking liquid in batches in a food processor until smooth, then force purée through a medium-mesh sieve or a food mill fitted with fine disk into a large bowl.
- Heat half-and-half and butter in a small saucepan over moderate heat until butter is melted, then stir into bean purée along with cayenne, black pepper, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt. If purée is too thick, thin to desired consistency with additional half-and-half.
LIMA BEAN PUREE
- Combine the lima beans and garlic, with broth or water to cover and simmer, covered, over low heat, for 15 minutes or until really tender (add more liquid if it is evaporating too quickly).
- Puree lima beans in a food processor with grated orange rind and butter. For a finer puree, pass the lima beans through a sieve or food mill to remove skins; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Can be made in advance and reheated in microwave oven or double boiler.
EASY LIMA BEANS
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray. Saute onions until soft and translucent. Pour in chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Add lima beans, and enough water just to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, until beans are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83.8 calories, Carbohydrate 15.9 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 4.1 g, Sodium 132.3 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
LIMA BEAN PURéE
- Combine 6 cups water, lima beans, garlic, and rosemary sprig in large saucepan. Boil until beans are very soft, about 20 minutes. Drain, reserving cooking liquid. Discard rosemary sprig. Transfer bean mixture to processor. Add butter and puree until smooth, adding some of reserved cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls as needed to moisten. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm over medium heat, stirring occasionally and adding more reserved cooking liquid as needed to moisten.)
LIMA BEAN PURéE
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat for 1 minute. Pour in the olive oil and turn the heat down to low. Add the rosemary sprig and the crumbled chile. When the rosemary begins to sizzle, add the garlic. Cook a minute or so, then add the lima beans and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stew gently 5 to 7 minutes, until the beans are soft but not mushy. Strain the beans, reserving the oil. Discard the rosemary sprig and chile.
- Place the beans in a food processor and purée. With the motor running, slowly pour in some of the reserved oil until the mixture has a smooth consistency. You may not need all the oil. Season with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon to taste.
More about "lima bean pure recipes"
PURé DE PALLARES - SILKY LIMA BEANS PURéE | PERU …
Reviews 5Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4Total Time 9 hrs
LIMA BEAN PUREE WITH OLIVES AND SHAVED PECORINO RECIPE
10 BEST SOUTHERN LIMA BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
LIMA BEAN PUREE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
5/5 (1)Author Condé NastServings 8
LIMA BEAN RECIPES & MENU IDEAS | BON APPéTIT
Author Condé Nast
LIMA BEAN MASH WITH LEMON AND OLIVE OIL | SAVEUR
LIMA BEAN PURéE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
LIMA BEAN PUREE RECIPE - SUZANNE GOIN - FOOD & WINE
LIMA BEAN RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
CREAMY BABY LIMA BEANS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PURéED GARLIC LIMA BEANS | CANADIAN LIVING
LAMB SKEWERS WITH LIMA BEAN PURéE AND FRENCH FETA SALSA VERDE …
BAKED LIMA BEAN RECIPE (GIGANTES PLAKI) - VEGGIES DON'T BITE
You'll also love