Instead of ordering takeout, wrap your own chicken-and-vegetable-stuffed Egg Rolls from Food Network, then dip them in a homemade soy-sesame sauce.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a wok or skillet, stir-fry the ginger and garlic in 2 tablespoons of oil until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add scallions, carrots, and red pepper and stir-fry over high heat for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, and sugar. Add the Napa cabbage and broth mixture. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft. Add sesame oil, cool for at least 15 minutes, and strain. Fold in the minced shrimp.
- Fill and roll the egg roll wrappers, using 1 tablespoon of filling for each roll. Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time, place the wrapper with one corner of the diamond closest to you. Place 1 teaspoon of the filling in the center of the wrapper. Roll the corner closest to you over the filling. Brush the top corner with water. Fold in the sides of the wonton and continue rolling the egg roll up until it is closed. Press to seal, set aside, and continue with the remaining ingredients.
- In a skillet set over moderately high heat, heat the remaining oil and saute the egg rolls until golden brown on all sides, using tongs to turn them. Serve when cool enough to eat, with dipping sauce.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Wine Suggestion: Beringer White Zinfandel
MINI BUFFALO CHICKEN EGG ROLLS
Long ago, in my more oblivious days, I ordered 'boneless Buffalo wings,' only to be disappointed they weren't wings. It's a bit ironic that all these years later, I'm using chicken breast to create a Buffalo wing alternative, but at least I'm not trying to trick anybody. Less messy than bone-in Buffalo wings and more eventful than the 'boneless' kind, these Buffalo chicken egg rolls are a party snack breakthrough. Serve alongside more hot sauce and celery.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Dice chicken into small cubes. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add celery, blue cheese, cream cheese, and hot sauce. Season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix with a spoon until filling is well combined.
- Beat egg and water together. Brush egg wash over the edges of 1 wonton wrapper. Place a heaping tablespoon of filling near one edge. Spread out with your fingers, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Roll edge up over filling. Crimp in both edges and roll over once more. Fold in about 1/4 inch of dough on either side to seal the ends. Apply more egg wash on top and continue rolling. Place on a plastic-lined baking pan. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers and filling.
- Fill a skillet with enough oil to reach halfway up the egg rolls. Heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a skillet over medium heat. Add a batch of egg rolls; fry until browned and crispy, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Fry remaining egg rolls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120.9 calories, Carbohydrate 5 g, Cholesterol 34.1 mg, Fat 8.2 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 169.9 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
AIR-FRIED DOUBLE CHERRY MINI EGG ROLLS
These air-fried mini dessert egg rolls are stuffed with a one-two punch of cherry (from jam and dried cherries!) plus yummy cream cheese, and a sweet cinnamon-sugar coating.
Provided by Allrecipes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk together cream cheese and jam in a small bowl; stir in dried cherries.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a work surface with a corner pointing toward you. Moisten edges with water. Spoon a rounded teaspoon of cherry mixture just below center of wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling, tucking it under on the other side. Fold side corners over filling; roll egg roll away from you toward remaining corner. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Coat both sides of egg rolls with cooking spray. Arrange egg rolls, in batches if necessary, in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook in the preheated air fryer until well browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Remove egg rolls from the air fryer and immediately roll in cinnamon sugar, using two forks. Cool on a wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83 calories, Carbohydrate 13.4 g, Cholesterol 8.4 mg, Fat 2.6 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 68.9 mg, Sugar 6.6 g
VEGETABLE EGG ROLLS
It's nice to get a crunch from egg rolls that aren't deep-fried. Combined with the sweet-hot dipping sauce, these vegetable egg rolls are a tasty alternative to less healthy versions. -Pamela Thomas, Watchung, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 14 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook green pepper and beans in oil until tender. Add the cabbage, broccoli, zucchini, herbes de Provence and pepper. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, 5-7 minutes longer., Place 3 tablespoons of vegetable mixture in center of 1 egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining vegetable mixture and wrappers., Place seam side down on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° until golden brown, 20-25 minutes, turning once., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook preserves and marmalade over medium heat until smooth, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Serve with egg rolls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 217mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
MINI EGG ROLLS
- Heat sesame oil and saute ginger 30 seconds. Add scallions and saute 30 seconds. Stir in soy sauce and evaporate a second. Stir in eggs and stir to softly scramble. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl; stir in carrots, steamed napa cabbage and chili paste to taste.
- Divide wrappers into half, so you can make mini egg rolls. Set each wrapper at such an angle that the points of the wrapper face north, south, east and west. Set a bit of filling in bottom third of wrapper. Bring bottom point over filling and tuck it underneath; roll the filling up a bit to secure tightly. Bring right point of wrapper over filling to form a neat right angle; bring left side of wrapper over right side to form a left right angle, and dab this top point with egg yolk. Roll the egg roll up to secure tightly. The egg yolk will seal the wrapper to itself.
- Can be frozen for up to a week. Deep fry straight from freezer; otherwise partially thaw before frying.
- To fry: Heat the oil and deep fry long enough for the rolls to float to surface; turning them, for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain immediately on double thickness of paper towels. Once drained, set on a rack so bottom does not get soggy.
MINIATURE CHICKEN EGGROLL APPETIZERS
I love to make and serve these little appetizers when having a party, they are so easy to make and packed with authentic Asian flavors, they are always the first appetizers to go at any of my parties! Your guests will love them!
Provided by AZ Food Critic
Yield 64 appetizers, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Set out eggroll wrappers to bring to room temperature. Cover with a damp cloth to keep them from drying out if needed.
- Rinse the chicken breast and pat dry with paper towels, cut off any fat. In a medium size sauce pan, over medium heat, add chicken and fill with water. Bring to a boil until chicken is fork tender, (about 30-35 minutes). Remove from heat, drain and let cool to the touch. Finely dice chicken and set aside.
- In a small size mixing bowl, mix together the oyster sauce, sesame oil and soy sauce. Set aside, then wash and prepare the vegetables.
- Heat the wok or large size skillet on medium-high heat, and add 2 tablespoons oil. Add the minced garlic and stir until aromatic (15 seconds). Add the celery and chopped onions to the hot oil.
- Stir-fry until the onions are beginning to brown, and then add the cabbage, bean sprouts and shredded carrots. Add salt and pepper to taste to the bean sprout mixture. Stir in the diced green onions and stir fry for 2 minutes more.
- Add the chicken to the wok or skillet. Then add the sauce mixture with the chicken and vegetables. Stir well to coat, then remove from the heat and let cool to the touch.
- Assembling the egg rolls:.
- Cut the wrappers down the middle, turn them over and cut down the middle again, (making 4 small even squares), lay an egg roll wrapper square out in front of you with point facing you.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the filling in the middle, spreading it out so it doesn't bunch up but not going right to the edges of the wrapper. Dip your finger tips in water. Wet 3 edges of the wrapper, excluding the bottom edge that is closest to you.
- Lift the bottom of the wrapper over the filling. Fold in the sides, pressing down to stick, and roll up the egg roll the remainder of the way. Press down the top edge to seal.
- Carefully add the miniature stuffed egg rolls into the hot oil, (seam side down), 10 to12 at a time, and deep-fry until they turn golden brown. (Add more oil, if needed). Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with Sweet and Sour sauce, Duck sauce and/or Hot Mustard for dipping.
- Makes about 64 miniature eggrolls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 379.4, Fat 31.3, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 14.1, Sodium 395.4, Carbohydrate 18.2, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 0.9, Protein 7.1
EGG ROLL IN A BOWL RECIPE
I love a good Egg roll, but don't always love all the calories. I found a way to satisfy my egg roll cravings, without hurting my diet. This Egg Roll In a Bowl recipe is so simple and tastes delicious.
Provided by Kendra Murdock
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a pan over low heat combine the sesame oil, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, and low sodium soy sauce. Whisk until fully combined.
- Add your ground chicken, and let it brown and cook completely through, in the sauce mixture, on low.
- Sprinkle pepper over the meat and sauce mixture.
- Add your coleslaw and continue to stir and push around the pan, until it goes soft, but not mushy. This usually takes about 3-4 minutes to cook it.
- Garnish with green onions, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259 kcal, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 17 g, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 78 mg, Sodium 179 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 3 g, UnsaturatedFat 14 g, ServingSize 1 serving
MINI CHEESECAKE EGG ROLLS
See heads turn when these Mini Cheesecake Egg Rolls make their way to the table. Fill crispy wonton wrappers with creamy cheese cake and top them with powdered sugar to make these scrumptious Mini Cheesecake Egg Rolls.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 12 servings, 2 egg rolls each
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Beat cream cheese and granulated sugar in medium bowl with mixer until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Place 1 egg roll wrapper on work surface with 1 bottom corner facing you; spoon 1 scant tablespoon cream cheese mixture into horizontal log shape on bottom third of wrapper. Lightly brush edges of wrapper with egg. Fold bottom corner of wrapper over filling, then fold in both opposite sides of wrapper and roll up burrito style to completely enclose filling. Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers and cream cheese mixture.
- Heat oil to 375°F in medium saucepan on medium heat.
- Add egg rolls, in batches, to hot oil; cook 1 min. or until golden brown on both sides, turning after 30 sec. Drain on paper towels.
- Spoon preserves into microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 sec. or just until warmed.
- Sprinkle egg rolls with powdered sugar. Serve with the preserves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 170 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0.6213 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 3 g
EASY EGG ROLLS
I've always loved egg rolls, but every recipe I saw seemed too complicated. So I decided to start with a packaged coleslaw mix. Now I can make these yummy treats at a moment's notice.-Samantha Dunn, Leesville, Louisiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 40 egg rolls.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place a heaping tablespoonful of beef mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. , In a small bowl, combine flour and enough water to make a paste. Moisten top corner with paste; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "mini egg rolls recipes"
MINI EGG ROLLS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Warm 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger and scallions. Sauté until fragrant but not browned, about 1 minute. Add slaw mix and bean sprouts and sauté until wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool completely.
- Cut egg roll wrappers in half. Have ready a small bowl of cold water and a pastry brush. Working with wrappers one at a time, lay each out so short side of rectangle faces you. Place about 1 Tbsp. filling toward bottom of wrapper. Pull bottom of wrapper over filling, then fold side corners over filling and roll up tightly, like a burrito. Brush far edge with cold water before closing. Continue with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat 2 cups oil in a large skillet to 350°F. Put a few egg rolls in skillet (don't allow them to touch) and cook, turning over once or twice with tongs, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
MINI EGG ROLLS RECIPE: A PARTY FAVORITE - DELISHABLY
Author The Brady BlogEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
MINI PEPPER JELLY EGGROLL BITES - TRIED AND TASTY
BABY EGG ROLLS WITH SOY DIPPING SAUCE - SARA MOULTON
MINI DILL PICKLE EGG ROLLS - HOT ROD'S RECIPES
MINI VEGETABLE-CHEESE EGG ROLLS | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
MINI EGG ROLLS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
CRISPY AIR FRYER EGG ROLLS RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
17 OF THE BEST CADBURY MINI EGGS RECIPES FOR EASTER
MINI EGG ROLLS | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
MINI EGG ROLLS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MINI EGG ROLLS! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
HOW LONG TO COOK FROZEN MINI EGG ROLLS IN AIR FRYER
LA CHOY MINI EGG ROLLS - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEST AIR FRYER EGG ROLLS RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
MINI EGG ROLLS RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
MINI EGG ROLLS RECIPE: A PARTY FAVORITE - FOOD NEWS
MINI EGG ROLLS RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
HOW TO MAKE MINI EGG ROLLS - YOUTUBE
MINI EGG ROLLS | RECIPE | RECIPE | EGG ROLL RECIPES, WONTON WRAPPER ...
CORNED BEEF & MINI CABBAGE EGG ROLLS | SUMPTUOUS SPOONFULS
MINI JALAPENO POPPER EGG ROLLS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
NIGERIAN MINI EGG ROLLS | NIGERIAN LAZY CHEF
MINI EGG ROLLS RECIPE: A PARTY FAVORITE | EGG ROLL RECIPES, MINI EGGS ...
MINI EGG ROLLS (PERFECT FOR THE SCHOOL LUNCH BOX) - RECIPE PETITCHEF
VEGETABLES AND BEEF- MINI EGG ROLLS | METRO
MING EGG ROLL - THERESCIPES.INFO
CRUNCHY MINI SHRIMP EGG ROLLS RECIPE - MASHED.COM
EGG ROLLS | RICARDO
BAKED MINI EGG ROLLS & HOT MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE
MINI EGG ROLLS - VENTRAY RECIPES
MINI EGG ROLLS - RECIPE DETAILS
BRAISED SHITAKE MINI EGG ROLLS - PRODUCE MADE SIMPLE
MINH MINI CHICKEN EGG ROLLS AT COSTCO | COSTCONTESSA
EGG SALAD ROLLS ON MINI BRIOCHE BUNS - FOODNESS GRACIOUS
MINI EGG ROLLS (MF) - BIGOVEN
You'll also love