Shape these tiny meatballs, then freeze for up to 3 months. There's no need to thaw before using; they will cook quickly right out of the freezer.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 40
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine beef, bacon, parsley, garlic, Parmesan, breadcrumbs, egg, nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Shape mixture into 40 meatballs.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet or on 2 large plates. Freeze 1 hour. Once frozen, transfer to an airtight container or resealable plastic bag; label and date.
- To use the meatballs straight from the freezer, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place meatballs on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl or mixer, thoroughly mix the beef, pork, breadcrumbs, milk, parsley, eggs, garlic, onion and some salt and pepper. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Shape into meatballs and place on a foil-lined shallow baking pan. Bake 30 minutes for medium or 25 minutes for bite-size. Stick toothpicks in the finished meatballs to serve as an appetizer.
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour, up to 24 hours. Heat oven to 425°F. Form meat mixture into 24 oval balls (about 3 tablespoons each). Arrange on 2 cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake 8 minutes; turn and bake 10 minutes more. Garnish with parsley if desired; serve.
ITALIAN MINI MEATBALLS
I make these up ahead of time and freeze. I can then use in recipes as needed. They are delicious and easy.
Provided by Chris from Kansas
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients; shape into 3/4 inch balls.
- Place meatballs in 15X10 inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until brown.
This is my version of an old Greek recipe. The addition of dried mint flakes sets these meatballs apart from any others I've ever tried. - Joyce Acheson, Soldier Pond, Maine
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 40 meatballs.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Dip bread in water; squeeze out excess moisture. Crumble bread into a large bowl. Add the egg, onion, parsley, garlic, mint, salt and pepper; mix well. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in flour. In a large skillet, cook meatballs in oil over medium heat for 15 minutes or until no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts :
MEATBALLS WITH OUZO AND MINT
- Tear bread into bite-size pieces, and place in a small bowl. Add ouzo. Let stand for 10 minutes to soak. Squeeze excess liquid from bread. Transfer bread to a medium bowl. Cook onion in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat, stirring frequently, until soft, about 6 minutes. Add onion to bowl with bread.
- Add ground beef to bowl, and break up with your hands. Stir in egg and yolks, capers, garlic, mint, oregano, and salt. Season with pepper. Knead mixture until well combined, then use a spoon to stir until smooth. With moistened hands, shape mixture into 1-inch meatballs, and place on a tray. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, and cook meatballs in batches, about 12 at a time, turning until evenly browned, about 5 minutes. Add fresh oil as needed for each batch. (While you work, keep cooked meatballs warm on a rimmed baking sheet in a 200-degree oven.) Finely grate lemon over meatballs, and serve warm.
More about "minty meatballs recipes"
GREEK MEATBALLS (KEFTEDES) - RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (54)Total Time 32 minsCategory MainCalories 513 per serving
- Grate the onion straight into a large bowl, then add remaining Meatball ingredients. Use your hands to mix well for a few minutes until the mixture is quite smooth and very well combined.
- Optional: Refrigerate for 1 hour - makes them easier to roll + retains round shape when cooking.
- Measure out heaped tablespoons and dollop onto a work surface - should make around 32 - 35. Then roll into balls.
- Heat most of the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat (medium if you have a strong gas stove). Use enough oil to cover the surface of the skillet.
MINTY MEATBALLS - BIG FLAVORS FROM A TINY KITCHEN » RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
MEATBALLS WITH MINT & PARSLEY IN ... - TURNTABLE KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
MINTY MEATBALLS RECIPE - SELF
Servings 24Calories 231 per serving
60 MOUTH-WATERING MEATBALL RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
10 BEST BEEF MEATBALLS WITH MINT RECIPES - YUMMLY
MINT AND LAMB MEATBALLS WITH NORTH ... - SEARCHING FOR SPICE
5/5 (1)Calories 421 per servingCategory Main Meal
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and fry the meatballs, turning until they are slightly browned on all sides.
LAMB MEATBALLS WITH MINT RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
4/5 Category Appetizers, TapasServings 32Total Time 50 mins
- In a bowl, mix the lamb with the egg, bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon of the mint. Season with salt and pepper. Form the mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Heat the olive oil in a very large skillet. Add the meatballs and fry over moderately high heat until browned all over, about 4 minutes. Transfer the meatballs to a plate.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a food processor. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of mint and puree.
- Return the onion puree to the skillet. Add the broth, tomato puree and meatballs and simmer over low heat until the meatballs are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
VIETNAMESE MEATBALLS (THE BEST MEATBALLS EVER ... - CHEF SAVVY
5/5 (1)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 363 per serving
BAKED MINT MEATBALLS - MEDITERRANEAN LATIN LOVE AFFAIR
5/5 (8)Calories 416 per servingCategory Main Course
- Mix thawed ground beef, eggs, olive oil, garlic, onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, parsley and mint together. Mix thoroughly until you create a dough like substance. Cover bowl with plastic.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to let the flavors really mix together. Pre-heat oven to 400 degreed Fahrenheit
- Create small balls with your hands out of the dough. Line them up in a baking sheet. I prefer using parchment paper on the baking sheet.
THE BEST ITALIAN MEATBALLS (COOKED IN TOMATO ... - FOODIECRUSH
5/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 55 minsCategory Appetizer, Main CourseCalories 903 per serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, about 10 minutes. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook to deepen the color for more flavor.
- Meanwhile, prepare the meatballs. Break the beef apart in a large bowl. Add the beaten egg, bread crumbs, oregano, mint, salt and pepper. Gently mix with your hands until blended. Don't overwork the beef or the meatballs will be tough.
MINT LAMB MEATBALLS - RICARDO
5/5 (18)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 550 per serving
MINTY GREEK MEATBALLS (KABOBS) RECIPE - RECIPE IDEA SHOP
Cuisine MediterraneanCategory Appetizer, Beef, Lamb, Main CourseServings 36Total Time 35 mins
- Place meatballs on an ungreased jelly roll pan. Or, save yourself some clean up time and line the sheet with parchment paper.
- Serve with cooked rice, a salad, and perhaps a bit of tomato as a main dish. Or serve alone as an appetizer.
MINTY LAMB MEATBALLS IN A SWEET SAUCE! - LITTLE COOKS CO
- Finely chop one the onion and mint leaves for the meatballs and mix in a large bowl with the lamb mince and a small pinch of salt
- While the meatballs are cooking make the yummy sweet sauce! Heat the butter in a frying pan on a medium heat
LAMB MEATBALLS WITH MINT - RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.5/5 (20)Total Time 25 minsCategory Appetizer, Dinner, Entree, LunchCalories 533 per serving
MINT MEATBALL APPETIZER RECIPE - FAMILY FOCUS BLOG
Cuisine GreekTotal Time 25 minsServings 50Calories 26 per serving
LAMB MEATBALLS WITH MINT AND TOMATO ... - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.2/5 (13)Total Time 32 minsCategory Appetizer, Dinner, EntreeCalories 775 per serving
MINTY MEATBALLS- TFRECIPES
MINTY MEATBALLS | RECIPE | SUPERFOOD RECIPES, BEEF RECIPES ...
MINTY LAMB MEATBALLS WITH CRISPY CABBAGE ... - EAT YOUR BOOKS
OUR 34 BEST MEATBALL RECIPES - FOOD & WINE
10 BEST MINI MEATBALL APPETIZERS RECIPES - YUMMLY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make lamb meatballs?How to Make It. Step 1. In a bowl, mix the lamb with the egg, bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon of the mint. Season with salt and pepper. Form the mixture into 1-inch balls. Step 2. Heat the olive oil in a very large skillet. Add the meatballs and fry over moderately high heat until browned all over, about 4 minutes.
How do you make Italian meatballs?Use your fingers to gently mix the onion, mint, and lamb together. Sprinkle the mixture with the paprika, cumin, salt, and cayenne, if using, and, again, use your fingers to gently but thoroughly mix the ingredients. Roll the mixture into meatballs, about 2 tablespoons at a time.
What are the ingredients in Meatballs?(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) Mint, cumin, paprika, grated onion, and tender ground lamb make easy and super flavorful meatballs.
How to cook Meatballs on the stove with sauce?Add the chopped onion and garlic to the pan, and cook over moderate heat until the onion is translucent about 8 minutes. Add the wine and beef broth. Return the meatballs to the pan. Pour in the tomato sauce. Adjust salt to taste. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.