MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour the coffee, oil, and egg yolks into the well; beat well by hand until the batter is smooth with no lumps.
- Beat egg whites with the cream of tartar in a large bowl until foamy. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites should form a sharp peak that holds its shape. Fold the batter into the egg whites; pour into a non-stick Bundt® fluted tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Loosen the sides with a knife and release the cake onto a serving platter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312.2 calories, Carbohydrate 44.4 g, Cholesterol 136.6 mg, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 6.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 320.8 mg, Sugar 25.3 g
MOCHA CHIP CHIFFON CAKE
- Position oven rack 1/3 up from the bottom of the oven; preheat oven t 325°.
- You will need a 10 x 4 inch tube pan; it must NOT be a nonstick pan and it must be the kind made in two pieces-the bottom and tube in one piece and the sides in a separatepiece; do NOT butter the pan.
- On a board, with a heavy knife, cut the chocolate into small pieces; aim for pieces ¼ inch in diameter; do not leave any pieces larger than ¼ inch, because this is a very light cake and larger pieces might sink to the bottom; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, 1 ¼ cup sugar, instant coffee, baking powder, and salt.
- With a rubber spatula make a wide well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- Add, in the following order, without mixing, the oil, egg yolks, Kahula, water, and vanilla.
- With a large strong wire whisk, beat the ingredients until smooth.
- Remove the whisk and with a rubber spatula stir/fold in the chopped chocolate; set aside.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the whites until foamy, add the cream of tartar, and beat at high speed until the whites hold a soft shape.
- Decrease speed to medium and gradually add the remaining ½ cup sugar.
- Then, on high speed again, beat until the whites hold a straight and stiff peak when the beaters are withdrawn.
- For the recipe the whites should be stiffer than for most; when the whites are firm, beat for 1 minute more to be sure.
- That should make them just right; more beating than that might make them too dry.
- Use a large-size rubber spatula-in three additions, fold about ¾ of the yolk mixture into the whites, without being too thorough (without being even a bit thorough).
- Then fold the whites into the remaining yolk mixture, this time being thorough enough to just barely incorporate the mixtures.
- Gently pour the batter into the cake pan and gently smooth the top if necessary.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10-15 minutes, until the top springs back when pressed gently with a fingertip; the top will crack during baking-it is ok.
- Immediately turn the pan over and hang it upside down over the neck of a narrow bottle (even if your pan has a raised tube in the middle or three little feet on the sides, they probably will not raise the cake enough to keep it off the counter top).
- When the cake is completely cool, remove it from the pan as follows-you will need a sharp knife with a firm blade about 6 inches long; insert knife between the cake and the rim in order not to cut into the cake.
- With short up and down motions, saw all around the cake, continuing to press the blade against the side of the pan; then cut around the tube.
- Remove the sides of the pan by pushing up on the bottom of the pan; then, carefully cut the bottom of the cake away from the pan, still pressing against the pan.
- Cover the cake with a wide, flat cake plate, turn the cake and plate over, and lift off the bottom of the pan, leaving the cake upside down.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar through a fine strainer.
- Use a serrated knife and a sawing motion to slice the cake without squashing it.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386.6, Fat 15.9, SaturatedFat 4.4, Cholesterol 123.4, Sodium 231.8, Carbohydrate 51.7, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 33.3, Protein 6.8
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE
- For the cake: Dissolve coffee powder in hot water, cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, stir until well mixed.
- Make a well in center, add oil, egg yolks, vanilla and cooled coffee.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff but not dry.
- Pour batter over egg whites, fold in carefully, adding grated chocolate towards the end.
- Spoon batter into ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Turn pan upside down and let cake hang until cool.
- Remove from pan.
- Frost with cocoa whipped cream.
- For the whipped cream: In a medium bowl, combine whipping cream, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla, stir to blend ingredients, but do not beat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Whip until soft peaks form.
- Frost cake.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.
MOCHA BUBBLE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter three 8-inch round cake pans (2 inches deep), and line with parchment cut to fit. Butter parchment, and dust with cocoa, tapping out excess. Sift cocoa, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt into the bowl of a mixer. Beat with mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Raise speed to medium, and add eggs, buttermilk, water, oil, and vanilla. Beat until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Divide batter evenly among pans. Bake until cakes are set and a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, 37 to 39 minutes. Let cool in pans set on wire racks for 15 minutes. Invert pans to remove cakes. Transfer cakes, right side up, to wire racks. Let cool completely.
- Assemble the cake: Trim tops of cakes using a serrated knife to create even surfaces. Place 1 cake on a cake stand or a large round platter. Transfer half the mocha buttercream to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/8-inch plain round tip. Pipe buttercream around edge of cake to create a dam. Spread 1 cup mocha pastry cream over top of cake inside dam using a small offset or rubber spatula. Top with 1 cake, and repeat to cover top with buttercream and pastry cream. Top with remaining cake.
- Spread a thin layer of buttercream (about 1 cup) on stacked cake to seal in crumbs, starting at the top and then frosting the sides, using a large offset spatula (this is called a crumb coat). Use spatula to smooth surface as much as possible. Refrigerate, uncovered, for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer remaining buttercream to pastry bag. Apply another (thicker) layer of buttercream (about 2 cups), starting at the top and then frosting the sides using a large offset spatula. Smooth top with spatula, then smooth sides with a bench scraper. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mound truffles onto center of cake. Sprinkle sugar pearls onto cake around truffles.
MOCHA CAKE V
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and pudding mix. Make a well in the center and pour in oil, sour cream and eggs. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Stir in the coffee liqueur and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool. Spread with Chocolate Glaze.
- For Chocolate Glaze: In a saucepan, melt together the butter and chocolate chips, stirring frequently. Cool slightly, then quickly spoon over cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 567.8 calories, Carbohydrate 68.6 g, Cholesterol 91.7 mg, Fat 28.8 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 10.9 g, Sodium 540.9 mg, Sugar 46.1 g
Without a doubt, this is the best chocolate cake I've ever made. I share this decadent dessert with everyone I can!-Katherine DeLoach, Visalia, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee and sour cream, beating well after each addition. , Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in the chocolate, coffee and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 710 calories, Fat 34g fat (21g saturated fat), Cholesterol 131mg cholesterol, Sodium 528mg sodium, Carbohydrate 99g carbohydrate (73g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE
- Oven Temp ~ 325° Baking Time ~ 17 - 20 Min. Pan Type ~ four 9-inch round cake pans Preheat oven, grease and flour pans. Stir together first 3 ingredients until blended; cool. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add cocoa mixture, egg yolks, oil, and vanilla; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Fold into batter. Pour batter into four prepared pans. This is a four layer chiffon cake, make sure to use four pans when cooking. Bake 2 layers at a time until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks covered with plastic wrap or wax paper to prevent layers from adhering to racks. Spread about 1/2 cup Chocolate Coffee Butter Cream Filling between layers. Frost with Chocolate Fudge Frosting. Garnish, if desired. Store in refrigerator. NOTE: To a make a torte, cut each cake layer in half horizontally with a serrated knife, and use 1/4 cup Chocolate-Coffee Butter Cream Filling between layers. Frost as directed.
More about "mocha chiffon cake recipes"
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE - WOMAN'S DAY
Servings 12Total Time 3 hrsCategory DessertCalories 446 per serving
DELTA MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (1)Servings 1
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add cocoa mixture, egg yolks, oil, and vanilla; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Fold into batter. Pour batter into 4 greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans.
- Bake, 2 layers at a time, at 325° for 17 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks covered with plastic wrap or wax paper to prevent layers from adhering to racks.
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE - ALING ODAYS KITCHEN PINOY RECIPES
MOCHA CAKE | KAWALING PINOY TASTY RECIPES
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE | CAKE RECIPES, CAKE, CHIFFON CAKE
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE FILIPINO RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CHIFFON CAKE RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
MOCHA CAKE - MARICELS RECIPES
HAZELNUT MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE | WILTON
CHIFFON MOCHA RECIPE
LOOK: MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE FROM THE GOLDILOCKS …
CLASSIC MOCHA CAKE RECIPE - YUMMY.PH
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE FILIPINO STYLE | SHADOWDANCER STUDIOS
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE ~ 摩卡戚风蛋糕 - NO-FRILLS RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUS MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE - YOUTUBE
MANITOBA EGG FARMERS - MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE
MOCHA CAKE ALA GOLDILOCKS - YUMMY KITCHEN
HOW TO BAKE MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE - YOUTUBE
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE • COLOR YOUR RECIPES
MOCHA CAKE WITH MOCHA WHIPPED CREAM RECIPE - ANNA K
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
WHOLE-WHEAT MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE - BAKE THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE WITH BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - MAY YOU COOK IT
MOCHA CONFETTI CAKE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CHIFFON MOCHA CAKE RECIPE
CHIFFON CAKE WITH MOCHA ICING - WOMANSCRIBBLES.NET
10 BEST CHIFFON CAKE FLAVORS RECIPES | YUMMLY
FILIPINO MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
MOCHA HAZELNUT CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE - CHOCOLATE DESSERTS AT …
COOKING WITH KURT | MOCHA ROLL
38 BEST MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE IDEAS - PINTEREST
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #desserts #lunch #eggs-dairy #american #canadian #oven #easy #dinner-party #fall #heirloom-historical #holiday-event #kid-friendly #romantic #spring #summer #winter #cakes #easter #eggs #dietary #christmas #new-years #seasonal #comfort-food #valentines-day #taste-mood #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Filipino style Mocha Chiffon cake?This is my own version of the Filipino style Mocha Chiffon Cake that I did a roll cake of the last time. I use more coffee in the mix, as I found that the flavour was a little too mild otherwise. The little coffee bean chocolates came from the Phiippines, and are basically ground coffee granules, in very dark, very coffee-infused chocolate.
What is the best way to make chocolate cake mix?Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee and sour cream, beating well after each addition. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
What is Mocha cake and how is it made?Just as most people love coffee and chocolate while others love cakes, the genius recipe of Mocha cake was introduced. Mocha cake is a prepared like any other cake with eggs and flour, but take note, the taste is not comparable to any other. It is an appetizing light soft brown-colored cake filled with oozing mixture of chocolate and coffee.
How do you make a mocha sponge cake?Spread ¼ cup of Mocha Buttercream on top of the sponge. Dissolve coffee powder in evaporated milk, and then set aside. attachment. Cream margarine and butter at low speed until soft and well blended.