Without a doubt, this is the best chocolate cake I've ever made. I share this decadent dessert with everyone I can!-Katherine DeLoach, Visalia, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee and sour cream, beating well after each addition. , Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in the chocolate, coffee and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 710 calories, Fat 34g fat (21g saturated fat), Cholesterol 131mg cholesterol, Sodium 528mg sodium, Carbohydrate 99g carbohydrate (73g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE
- For the cake: Dissolve coffee powder in hot water, cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, stir until well mixed.
- Make a well in center, add oil, egg yolks, vanilla and cooled coffee.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff but not dry.
- Pour batter over egg whites, fold in carefully, adding grated chocolate towards the end.
- Spoon batter into ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Turn pan upside down and let cake hang until cool.
- Remove from pan.
- Frost with cocoa whipped cream.
- For the whipped cream: In a medium bowl, combine whipping cream, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla, stir to blend ingredients, but do not beat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Whip until soft peaks form.
- Frost cake.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour the coffee, oil, and egg yolks into the well; beat well by hand until the batter is smooth with no lumps.
- Beat egg whites with the cream of tartar in a large bowl until foamy. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites should form a sharp peak that holds its shape. Fold the batter into the egg whites; pour into a non-stick Bundt® fluted tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Loosen the sides with a knife and release the cake onto a serving platter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312.2 calories, Carbohydrate 44.4 g, Cholesterol 136.6 mg, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 6.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 320.8 mg, Sugar 25.3 g
MOCHA SWIRL POUND CAKE
- HEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 12-cup fluted tube pan with no-stick baking spray.
- MIX milk and vinegar together in medium bowl. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in separate medium bowl. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add flour mixture and milk mixture to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- PLACE 1 cup batter in small bowl. Blend in 1/2 cup mocha cappuccino spread. Pour remaining vanilla batter into prepared pan. Top evenly with chocolate batter. Do not stir.
- BAKE 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely. Heat remaining 1/4 cup mocha cappuccino spread in microwave on HIGH for 30 to 45 seconds. Stir. Drizzle evenly over cake, allowing spread to run down sides of cake.
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE
- Oven Temp ~ 325° Baking Time ~ 17 - 20 Min. Pan Type ~ four 9-inch round cake pans Preheat oven, grease and flour pans. Stir together first 3 ingredients until blended; cool. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add cocoa mixture, egg yolks, oil, and vanilla; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Fold into batter. Pour batter into four prepared pans. This is a four layer chiffon cake, make sure to use four pans when cooking. Bake 2 layers at a time until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks covered with plastic wrap or wax paper to prevent layers from adhering to racks. Spread about 1/2 cup Chocolate Coffee Butter Cream Filling between layers. Frost with Chocolate Fudge Frosting. Garnish, if desired. Store in refrigerator. NOTE: To a make a torte, cut each cake layer in half horizontally with a serrated knife, and use 1/4 cup Chocolate-Coffee Butter Cream Filling between layers. Frost as directed.
MOCHA CHIA CAKE
A dense, fudgy, and nutty cake with chia seeds that goes excellently with a rich cup of coffee. This is my sister-in-law's and my go-to chocolate fix, as we cannot have gluten.
Provided by Mama Fresh
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line the bottom of a 10-inch nonstick springform pan with parchment paper.
- Soak 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon chia seeds in coffee for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and butter in a double boiler. Let cool.
- Beat egg whites and 1/3 cup sugar with an electric mixer in a mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks, vanilla, and remaining sugar in a separate bowl with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Fold in the melted chocolate mixture. Fold in soaked chia seeds, hazelnuts, and cappuccino mix. Stir in egg white mixture. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool completely in pan, at least 1 hour, before transferring to a wire rack with a parchment paper-lined baking sheet underneath to catch excess during coating.
- Meanwhile, melt dark chocolate, instant espresso powder, and shortening in a double boiler. Pour over cooled cake, coating top and sides evenly. Let cool until set.
- While the coating sets, beat whipped cream, coffee-flavored liqueur, and cappuccino mix together with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Use to pipe desired designs on cooled cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 474.3 calories, Carbohydrate 45.9 g, Cholesterol 77.3 mg, Fat 31.2 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 6.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.7 g, Sodium 106.8 mg, Sugar 30.1 g
MOCHA CHIP CHIFFON CAKE
- Position oven rack 1/3 up from the bottom of the oven; preheat oven t 325°.
- You will need a 10 x 4 inch tube pan; it must NOT be a nonstick pan and it must be the kind made in two pieces-the bottom and tube in one piece and the sides in a separatepiece; do NOT butter the pan.
- On a board, with a heavy knife, cut the chocolate into small pieces; aim for pieces ¼ inch in diameter; do not leave any pieces larger than ¼ inch, because this is a very light cake and larger pieces might sink to the bottom; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, 1 ¼ cup sugar, instant coffee, baking powder, and salt.
- With a rubber spatula make a wide well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- Add, in the following order, without mixing, the oil, egg yolks, Kahula, water, and vanilla.
- With a large strong wire whisk, beat the ingredients until smooth.
- Remove the whisk and with a rubber spatula stir/fold in the chopped chocolate; set aside.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the whites until foamy, add the cream of tartar, and beat at high speed until the whites hold a soft shape.
- Decrease speed to medium and gradually add the remaining ½ cup sugar.
- Then, on high speed again, beat until the whites hold a straight and stiff peak when the beaters are withdrawn.
- For the recipe the whites should be stiffer than for most; when the whites are firm, beat for 1 minute more to be sure.
- That should make them just right; more beating than that might make them too dry.
- Use a large-size rubber spatula-in three additions, fold about ¾ of the yolk mixture into the whites, without being too thorough (without being even a bit thorough).
- Then fold the whites into the remaining yolk mixture, this time being thorough enough to just barely incorporate the mixtures.
- Gently pour the batter into the cake pan and gently smooth the top if necessary.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10-15 minutes, until the top springs back when pressed gently with a fingertip; the top will crack during baking-it is ok.
- Immediately turn the pan over and hang it upside down over the neck of a narrow bottle (even if your pan has a raised tube in the middle or three little feet on the sides, they probably will not raise the cake enough to keep it off the counter top).
- When the cake is completely cool, remove it from the pan as follows-you will need a sharp knife with a firm blade about 6 inches long; insert knife between the cake and the rim in order not to cut into the cake.
- With short up and down motions, saw all around the cake, continuing to press the blade against the side of the pan; then cut around the tube.
- Remove the sides of the pan by pushing up on the bottom of the pan; then, carefully cut the bottom of the cake away from the pan, still pressing against the pan.
- Cover the cake with a wide, flat cake plate, turn the cake and plate over, and lift off the bottom of the pan, leaving the cake upside down.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar through a fine strainer.
- Use a serrated knife and a sawing motion to slice the cake without squashing it.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386.6, Fat 15.9, SaturatedFat 4.4, Cholesterol 123.4, Sodium 231.8, Carbohydrate 51.7, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 33.3, Protein 6.8
More about "mocha chiffon cake recipes"
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE • COLOR YOUR RECIPES
Reviews 16Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
MOCHA ROLL - PINOYCOOKINGRECIPES
CLASSIC MOCHA CAKE RECIPE - YUMMY.PH
LOOK: MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE FROM THE GOLDILOCKS …
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE - WOMAN'S DAY
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE ~ 摩卡戚风蛋糕 - NO-FRILLS RECIPES
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE FILIPINO STYLE | SHADOWDANCER STUDIOS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Set your mixing bowl in a pan of simmering water (for ease of use, use your stand mixer's bowl) and whisk egg whites and sugar for 3 to 5 minutes, until fluffy, marshmallow-like and hot. You may need a separate hand-held electric hand mixer for this.
DELTA MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (1)Servings 1
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add cocoa mixture, egg yolks, oil, and vanilla; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Fold into batter. Pour batter into 4 greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans.
- Bake, 2 layers at a time, at 325° for 17 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks covered with plastic wrap or wax paper to prevent layers from adhering to racks.
WHOLE-WHEAT MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE - BAKE THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD
MOCHA CHIP CHIFFON CAKE | TASTINGSPOONS
COOKING WITH KURT | MOCHA ROLL
MOCHA CAKE - MARICELS RECIPES
CHIFFON CAKE WITH MOCHA ICING - WOMANSCRIBBLES.NET
MOCHA COFFEE CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE WITH BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - MAY YOU COOK IT!
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE A LIGHT AND AIRY …
MOCHI CAKE RECIPE: THE FLUFFIEST MOCHI CHIFFON CAKE | BYFOOD
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
MOCHA HAZELNUT CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE - CHOCOLATE DESSERTS AT …
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE – HEALTHY FOOD RECIPES – UNDIRECT
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE - ALING ODAYS KITCHEN PINOY RECIPES
MOCHA-NUT CHIFFON CAKE | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
HAZELNUT MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE | WILTON
RECIPES - MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE - EGGS.CA | DESSERTS, CHIFFON CAKE, …
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
MOCHA CAKE | KAWALING PINOY TASTY RECIPES
MOCHA CAKE WITH MOCHA WHIPPED CREAM RECIPE - ANNA K
MOCHA DREAM CAKE | TOLL HOUSE® - VERY BEST BAKING
CHIFFON CAKE WITH MOCHA ICING | RECIPE | CAKE RECIPES, MOCHA ICING ...
MOCHA CONFETTI CAKE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE - COLOR YOUR RECIPES
MOCHA CAKE ALA GOLDILOCKS - YUMMY KITCHEN
MANITOBA EGG FARMERS - MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE
MOCHA CAKE || COFFEE CAKE || MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE || MOCHA CAKE …
HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUS MOCHA CHIFFON CAKE - YOUTUBE
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #desserts #lunch #eggs-dairy #american #canadian #oven #easy #dinner-party #fall #heirloom-historical #holiday-event #kid-friendly #romantic #spring #summer #winter #cakes #easter #eggs #dietary #christmas #new-years #seasonal #comfort-food #valentines-day #taste-mood #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love