- Peel tomato and chop. Set aside.
- Add finely chopped onion to a frying pan and cook until clear.
- Add butter and tomato to pan and cook well.
- Beat egg and add to mixture along with herbs. Cook and stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend a little with a stick blender or chopper if desired to achieve a finer texture or serve as is.
- Serve cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120 kcal, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 7 g, Fat 5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 165 mg, Sodium 78 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 6 g, ServingSize 1 serving
This is a great substitute for any recipe which calls for cooked, diced, or chopped chicken meat. Freezing tofu gives it a meat-like texture. The process is very easy, but you'll need to plan 72 hours ahead.
Provided by SILVERWOLF
Number Of Ingredients 1
- Leave tofu in original package and place in freezer for 72 hours.
- Bring a pot of water to a simmer. Place package of tofu in water and allow to thaw, approximately 10 minutes. When thawed, remove from package, place in a piece of cheesecloth, and squeeze out liquid. Shred, dice, or slice tofu and include in your favorite recipe.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123.5 calories, Carbohydrate 3.6 g, Fat 7.4 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 13.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 11.9 mg
MOCK CHICKEN LEGS
When I was young, my mother made this recipe for us. Recently, I was going through her cookbook collection and found it. Now I make this tasty, fun appetizer for my own family and enjoy mixing the old memories with new ones. -Jeanne Herda, Burnsville, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble ground meat over mixture and mix well. Shape a 1/4 cupful of meat mixture around each Popsicle stick to resemble a 3-in. log., In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. Place cornflake crumbs in another shallow bowl. Coat each leg in crumbs, then dip in egg mixture and recoat in crumbs. Let stand for 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°., In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. oil to 375°. Fry legs, a few at a time, for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. , Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°, 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240 calories, Fat 14g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 72mg cholesterol, Sodium 374mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 12g protein.
This is another of my elderly Mum's recipes - don't know what it has to do with chicken except that it contains mixed herbs which is usually part of chicken stuffing ingredients. It is great for spreading on savoury biscuits.
Provided by Lynjoy QLD
Yield 1 large cupful
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Saute onion in butter until clear.
- Add tomatoes.
- When tomatoes are softened, add mixed herbs, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Add beaten egg.
- Return to heat and cook until thickened.
- Serve on savoury biscuits.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 265.8, Fat 17.1, SaturatedFat 9, Cholesterol 242, Sodium 167.4, Carbohydrate 21.2, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 11.6, Protein 9.6
MOCK CHICKEN LEGS
- Combine ground pork, ground veal, salt, paprika, green pepper and pineapple. Shape like a chicken leg around a wooden skewer. Roll in bread crumbs, then in egg slightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water and again in bread crumbs.
- Let stand 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Brown in frying pan in hot fat, add a little water, then reduce temperature. Cover tightly and let cook slowly for 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345.4 calories, Carbohydrate 22.3 g, Cholesterol 192.1 mg, Fat 13.9 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 899 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
MOCK CHICKEN SEASONING
I went to a health seminar given by an executive chef and got this recipe. It's from the cookbook, Tasty Vegan Delights!
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 1 1/4 cup
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix all ingredients well in a bowl. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 544.7, Fat 12.1, SaturatedFat 1.6, Sodium 102.4, Carbohydrate 73, Fiber 43.9, Sugar 0.8, Protein 64.4
More about "mock chicken recipes"
3 MOCK CHICKEN LEG RECIPES | JULY 2022 | RECIPE SELF
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Bake the browned meat pieces in a preheated oven under 350-degrees until the outer layer crispy
EASY COPYCAT KFC CHICKEN RECIPE - MASHED
10 BEST MOCK CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
MOCK CHICKEN SALAD | DOWN TO EARTH ORGANIC AND NATURAL
MOCK CHICKEN MEAT LOAF | OLYMEL DELI MEATS
MOCK CHICKEN SPREAD - DOMESBLISSITY
8 BEST VEGETARIAN AND VEGAN "CHICKEN" RECIPES
POLISH HOUSEWIFE - POLISH RECIPES SERVED UP WITH TIDBITS …
MOCK CHICKEN LEGS (CITY CHICKEN) RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CITY CHICKEN RECIPE (MOCK CHICKEN LEGS) - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
107 EASY AND TASTY MOCK RECIPES BY HOME COOKS - COOKPAD
MOCK CHICKEN LEGS - BIGOVEN.COM
MOCK CHICKEN + FLATTERY | TIME-WORN TUCKER - COOKER AND A LOOKER
MOCK CHICKEN CASSEROLE (REVISED) | HEALTHY HOMESTEAD
RECIPE: MOCK CHICKEN PARMESAN | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
MOCK CHICKEN LEGS – IN DIANES KITCHEN
MOCK CHICKEN RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
NAN'S COUNTRY KITCHEN: MOCK CHICKEN SANDWICH FILLING
MOCK CHICKEN - RECIPES - ABC RADIO
MOCK CHICKEN LEGS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MOCK CHICKEN MARSALA RECIPE - THE RELUCTANT GOURMET
HOW TO MAKE MOCK CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE? 7 AMAZING SERVING IDEAS
SWEET AND SOUR CRISPY MOCK CHICKEN STIR FRY
MOCK MEAT RECIPES - THE VEGGIE TABLE
MOM'S CITY CHICKEN RECIPE - AN EASY FAMILY FAVORITE WEEKNIGHT …
MOCK CHICKEN LOAF - RIDGE HAVEN HOMESTEAD
THE ORIGINAL RAW VEGAN MOCK "CHICKEN" SALAD
COOKING PREMADE MOCK CHICKEN LEGS - LEAFTV
EASY MOCK CHICKEN FROM TOFU - POPPYS WILD KITCHEN
MOCK CHICKEN (BUDDHIST) - BIGOVEN.COM
HOW TO MAKE MOCK CHICKEN TOFU - KEEPING IT RELLE
COPYCAT MCKAY’S CHICKEN SEASONING RECIPE - RIDGE HAVEN …
NANCI'S MOCK CHICKEN LIVER RECIPE - FOOD HOUSE
MOCK DRUMSTICKS RECIPE WITH GROUND VEAL - THE SPRUCE EATS
GREAT GRANDMA GOLDSACK'S MOCK CHICKEN SPREAD - PINTEREST
HOW TO COOK MOCK CHICKEN LEGS - COOKING TOM
MOCK CHICKEN TOFU | DOWN TO EARTH ORGANIC AND NATURAL
MOCK CHICKEN, AND MORE
MOCK CHICKEN FRIED STEAK RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
MOCK CHICKEN RECIPES (PAGE 1) - FOODFERRET
You'll also love