MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE WITH WHOLE WHEAT PASTA
A traditional Bolognese sauce is meat-based with everything from pork to pancetta. Skipping the meat, I loaded this pasta dish with baby portobellos and veggies. -Amber Massey, Argyle, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a 6-qt. stockpot coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrots; cook and stir until tender. Add zucchini, mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Stir in wine; bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated., Stir in crushed and diced tomatoes, cheese and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 25-30 minutes or until slightly thickened., Cook rigatoni according to package directions; drain. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369 calories, Fat 6g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 6mg cholesterol, Sodium 483mg sodium, Carbohydrate 65g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 12g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
VEGAN MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE
Try this hearty and flavorful vegan alternative to the traditional Italian Bolognese sauce. It's perfect for serving over your favorite pasta, polenta, or even zucchini noodles.
Provided by Fioa
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; stir in onion. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add carrot, celery, and garlic; cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Pour in red wine; cook until wine has almost evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and season with salt, black pepper, sage, and bay leaves. Cook over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, about 20 minutes. Remove bay leaves and stir in basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 162.4 calories, Carbohydrate 12.8 g, Fat 7.2 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 1923.1 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE WITH WHOLE WHEAT PENNE
This heart smart entree replaces the traditional meat in its Bolognese sauce with mushrooms. It is an excellent source of fiber and is low in both calories, sodium, cholesterol and fat (and contains zero trans fat). Clipped from the Detroit paper, they credit Darlene Zimmerman for this recipe. Unlike traditional Bolognese sauce, this comes together in about 45 minutes. When I submitted this, Zaar showed 1 serving as having 93% fat or something insane like that...you have to divide by 6 to get the real deal. The newspaper posted it as having 355 calories, 8 grams fat, 0 trans fat, 54 grams carbo, 16 grams protein, 510 mg sodium, 157 mg calcium, 7 grams fiber. Food exchanges: 2 starch, 4 vegetables, 2 fat. I am only providing all that detail because it looks confusing when I say this is a lowfat, healthy dish and the nutritional values don't support that! :-)
Provided by Epi Curious
Yield 6 , 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large, heavy pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and saute the onion, carrots, celery and garlic, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms and red wine and cook until the wine has almost evaporated, 12 to 15 minutes. Add the tomato paste, stirring occasionally until the mixture is lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. add the chicken broth to loosen pan renderings. Add the half and half and salt and allow the sauce to simmer until it is thick and creamy, 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting the fat and salt.
- To serve, top 1 cup cooked pasta with 3/4 cup Bolognese and sprinkle with 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 552, Fat 11.3, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 15.5, Sodium 612, Carbohydrate 93.1, Fiber 11.7, Sugar 6.8, Protein 22.6
WHOLE-WHEAT SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE
- Make soffritto (mirepoix or Holy trinity) from carrot, celery and parsley root: cut the vegetables into smaller pieces and coarsely chop in a blender.
- Briefly sauté onions and garlic in olive oil, add soffritto and sauté over a medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the ground beef and pancetta, turn the heat up to high and cook for 5 - 10 minutes, or until browned all over, stirring and breaking it up with a spoon.
- Add the tomato purée, red wine, beef stock, bay leaves and thyme. Stir well, bring to the boil. Season with pepper, reduce to a low heat, cover and simmer for around 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid and continue cooking for about 15 minutes, or until thickened and reduced. Discard the bay leaves and thyme sprigs. Season with pepper.
- Cook the spaghetti (al dente) according to packet instructions. Drain, but save about ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Stir the spaghetti into the sauce, adding a splash of pasta water to loosen, if needed. Divide between bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 599.7, Fat 18.8, SaturatedFat 6.4, Cholesterol 65.3, Sodium 426.5, Carbohydrate 78.2, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 7, Protein 33.3
More about "mushroom bolognese with whole wheat pasta recipes"
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE WITH WHOLE WHEAT PASTA RECIPE
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE - EASY & DELICIOUS MUSHROOM …
BEST WHOLE30 MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE SAUCE - JZ EATS
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE | LITE CRAVINGS | WW RECIPES
VEGAN MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PASTA WITH RICH AND HEARTY MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE RECIPE
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE PASTA - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
HOW TO MAKE AN AMAZING ITALIAN MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE
WHOLE WHEAT PASTA IN MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE - PINCH OF NOM
GARLICKY MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE WITH FETTUCCINE RECIPE | KITCHN
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE - GIMME SOME OVEN
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE PASTA RECIPE - HOME CHEF
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE SAUCE - ONE INGREDIENT CHEF
MUSHROOM AND WALNUT BOLOGNESE RECIPE | VITAMIX
GROUND BEEF AND MUSHROOM SPAGHETTI - MANTITLEMENT
VEGETARIAN MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE - THE VEG CONNECTION
VEGETARIAN BOLOGNESE WITH WHOLE-WHEAT PENNE RECIPE
SPAGHETTI WITH MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PASTA WITH MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
BEST PASTA WITH MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE RECIPES - FOOD …
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE WITH WHOLE WHEAT PASTA RECIPE: …
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE WITH WHOLE WHEAT PASTA | RECIPE | PASTA …
MUSHROOM-WALNUT BOLOGNESE RECIPE - REAL SIMPLE
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE WITH WHOLE WHEAT PASTA | RECIPE | WHOLE …
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE WITH WHOLE WHEAT PASTA RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE PASTA - EAT SOMETHING VEGAN
WHOLE30 MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE SAUCE - THE WOODEN SKILLET
SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE WITH MUSHROOMS - MINERVAHORIO.GR
HEALTHY VEGAN SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE - CUPFUL OF KALE
WHOLE WHEAT PASTA IN MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE; AN EASY, …
VEGAN MUSHROOM WALNUT BOLOGNESE - HEALTHY MIDWESTERN GIRL
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE WITH WHOLE WHEAT PASTA RECIPE
LENTIL BOLOGNESE WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE (VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE)
MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE PASTA RECIPE - LIFE TASTES GOOD
EASY MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE PASTA RECIPE - Greg's Kitchen34K views-05:57
LENTIL & MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE PASTA SAUCE RECIPE | EASY VEGAN | MEAL PREP | HIGH PROTEIN | BUDGET154 views-15:56
Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe: Italian Pasta Sauce, Spaghetti with Mushroom Bolognese112 views-01:41
Mushroom Spaghetti Bolognese | How to make an Easy Dinner | Vegan Spaghetti Recipe648 views-04:41
Tempeh Mushroom Bolognese | Simple Vegan Pasta Recipe1.3K views-09:13
Mushroom Pasta Bolognese (Vegetarian)615 views-04:03
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook mushroom Bolognese sauce?Pour in the red wine to deglaze the pan, the stir in the stock and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook about 10 minutes, until the sauce is nice and thick. Serve the mushroom Bolognese sauce with a chunky pasta shape (such as rigatoni) to best capture the sauce or with a wide noodle like pappardelle.
What is whole wheat pasta in mushroom sauce recipe?About Whole Wheat Pasta in Mushroom Sauce Recipe: A delicious whole wheat pasta with mushrooms and white wine. The key of this pasta recipe is a gorgeous and delicious mushroom sauce which will take only a few minutes to get ready but once you have, you're going to enjoy every bit of it. 1.
What is the best vegan spaghetti bolognese recipe?Crowd pleasing vegan spaghetti bolognese made with soya mince and mushrooms. In a tomatoey red wine sauce with fresh basil. Double the quantity and have leftovers for the week. Finely chop the onions and mince the garlic. Heat some vegetable oil in a saucepan on medium heat and when hot add the garlic and onion.
What is vegan mushroom walnut Bolognese?The seasonings in this vegan mushroom walnut bolognese are spare and basic: there’s thyme and a bay leaf, some garlic, and crushed red pepper if you like a bit of heat. The flavor here is built from scratch—with your own two hands, layer by layer, one step a time.