Okra Corn And Tomatoes
OKRA CORN AND TOMATOES
this was the "recipe of the day" in today's email from a local grocery store. i am posting it so i remember it when my okra and tomatoes are ready (i'll have to buy the corn!). i have to guess on the prep and cooking times since the recipe says it takes 45 minutes total to make, yet gives no definite times within the recipe.
Time: 45 minutes
- heat butter and oil in a medium-size saucepan
- add okra
- cook , stirring occasionally , until okra no longer forms "strings
- stir in corn and tomatoes
- simmer , covered , over low heat until vegetables are tender , stirring occasionally
- season with salt and pepper
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- vegetable oil
- fresh okra
- fresh ground pepper
OKRA, CORN, AND TOMATOES
This was the "Recipe of the Day" in today's email from a local grocery store. I am posting it so I remember it when my okra and tomatoes are ready (I'll have to buy the corn!). I have to guess on the prep and cooking times since the recipe says it takes 45 minutes total to make, yet gives no definite times within the recipe.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Vino Girl
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
- Heat butter and oil in a medium-size saucepan.
- Add okra; cook, stirring occasionally, until okra no longer forms "strings."
- Stir in corn and tomatoes.
- Simmer, covered, over low heat until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces fresh okra, cut into thin rounds
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut off
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
CORN OKRA AND TOMATOES
This is my absolute favorite summer time dish. To get the true taste you MUST use every thing fresh. I just can't explain the overall wonderful fresh taste of this dish. I could live off this forever.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by southern chef in lo
Yield 6 serving(s)
- Cook first 3 ingredients in butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until tender.
- Add the tomatoes; bring to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil again.
- Reduce heat and simmer 9 minutes or until the corn is tender.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups fresh corn, cut from the cob (4 ears)
- 1 cup sliced fresh okra
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion north-american low-protein healthy main-dish side-dishes vegetables american easy dinner-party summer vegan vegetarian stove-top dietary low-sodium low-cholesterol seasonal low-calorie egg-free healthy-2 free-of-something low-in-something corn tomatoes taste-mood savory equipment presentation served-hot
You'll also love
More recipes about okra corn and tomatoes recipes
Okra, Corn and Tomatoes Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2020-03-10 · A keeper! I fried the onion and okra in a small amount of bacon fat and omitted the bacon. Also threw in a little garlic and green pepper. Used fresh okra and fresh tomatoes and canned corn. My husband likes spicy so I divided the recipe … ...
- Place bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir to release some of the juices, then add the onion and okra. Fry until tender and browned, stirring constantly. Be careful, as this tends to brown quickly.
- Pour in the tomatoes, and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes. Mix in the corn, and simmer for another 10 minutes. Season with file powder, salt and pepper, and serve.
Okra, Corn and Tomatoes Recipe | Food Network
Recipe From : foodnetwork.com...
Okra, Corn and Tomatoes Recipe - BettyCrocker.com
Recipe From : bettycrocker.com2009-08-05 · 1 cup coarsely chopped onion (1 large) 2 cups diced tomatoes (from 28-oz can), undrained 2 cans (15.25 oz each) whole kernel corn, drained 2 1/2 cups frozen cut okra … ...
Stewed Okra, Corn, and Tomatoes Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2020-03-10 · Heat bacon grease in the same skillet over medium heat and add bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add okra, corn, and bay leaf. Cover skillet and reduce heat to low. ...
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels, reserving grease in skillet. Crumble bacon into a bowl.
- Heat bacon grease in the same skillet over medium heat and add bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add okra, corn, and bay leaf. Cover skillet and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes more. Add tomatoes and broth. Cook until okra is tender as desired, about 10 minutes.
Quick okra, corn and tomato saute - Family Food on the Table
Recipe From : familyfoodonthetable.com2020-05-02 · Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until slightly tender. Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds or so, until fragrant. Add okra and corn. ...
Pan-Roasted Okra, Corn, and Tomatoes - Recipe - FineCooking
Recipe From : finecooking.com2013-02-21 · Reserve the corn in a bowl, separate from the okra. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil and fill a bowl with ice water. Score the tomato bottoms with an X. … ...
Corn Okra Creole - Spicy Southern Kitchen
Recipe From : spicysouthernkitchen.com2019-06-04 · Heat oil and butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add green pepper and corn and cook until starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Add okra and corn and cook, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Creole seasoning, thyme and hot pepper sauce. ...
Okra, Corn and Tomatoes : 3 Steps (with Pictures ...
Recipe From : instructables.comOkra - about 1 pound Tomatoes - about 1& 1/2 dozen Corn - 4 good sized ears Onion slices - 1/2 Vidalia or any sweet onion Water - about 1 cup 1/2 teaspoon salt per pint jar or 1 teaspoon per quart Clean Jars hot jars Now this recipe MUST to be canned in a Pressure Canner!!!! The jars will seal, but you will not have the proper PH level to keep from getting mold or botulism. ...
OKRA AND CORN-The Southern Lady Cooks-Cajun Style
Recipe From : thesouthernladycooks.com2021-06-16 · Saute’ the onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in the bacon drippings. Add the okra, corn, diced tomatoes, water, Cajun seasoning and salt. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes until flavors are blended. Crumble bacon on top before serving. ...
Corn Okra Creole Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comIn a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Add corn and okra; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, thyme, salt, pepper and, … ...
- Add corn and okra; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. , Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, thyme, salt, pepper and, if desired, pepper sauce.
Okra, Sweet Corn, and Tomato Curry - The Vegetable Butcher
Recipe From : thebacklabel.com2016-12-04 · INCREASE the heat to medium-high and add the remaining tomatoes and the corn, okra, and lime juice. Continue to cook, partially covered, until the okra is … ...
Corn With Okra And Tomatoes Recipe | CDKitchen.com
Recipe From : cdkitchen.comCook and stir okra in 1/3 cup butter in 12-inch skillet over medium heat until tender, about 7 minutes. Add corn and 2 tablespoons butter. Cook uncovered until tender, 10 … ...
Okra, Corn, and Tomatoes Recipe - The Spruce Eats
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comSauté onion and garlic until tender. Add okra and continue cooking, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Add the fresh or thawed corn and chopped tomatoes and reduce to medium-low; cook for 10 to 15 minutes longer, stirring frequently. If vegetables begin to stick, add a little water or broth. ...
Classic Okra and Tomatoes Recipe | Southern Living
Recipe From : southernliving.com2018-06-09 · Cut the okra into ¼-inch-thick slices, discarding the stems. Step 3 Heat the bacon drippings in a saucepan over medium-high; add the onion and bell pepper, and sauté 6 minutes or until tender. … ...
- Cook the okra in boiling water to cover in a saucepan 10 minutes or until tender; drain, cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Heat the bacon drippings in a saucepan over medium-high; add the onion and bell pepper, and sauté 6 minutes or until tender. Add the tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, lemon, and okra. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir together the flour and 1 tablespoon water until smooth; add the okra mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 or 3 minutes or until thickened.
Stewed Okra and Tomatoes - Spicy Southern Kitchen
Recipe From : spicysouthernkitchen.com2015-07-07 · Add onion and celery to the bacon grease and cook until soft, about 7-8 minutes. Add tomatoes, water, okra, and seasonings. Cook 20-25 minutes, maintaining a simmer and stirring … ...
- Add tomatoes, water, okra, and seasonings. Cook 20-25 minutes, maintaining a simmer and stirring occasionally.
Okra, Corn and Tomatoes Recipe - a southern treat
Recipe From : chloesblog.bigmill.com2017-06-01 · Shuck corn and cut corn off the cob. Older or mature corn works best for this recipe. Add the tomatoes and juice, okra, corn, salt, pepper and water to the … ...
Sauteed Okra with Tomato and Corn recipe | Epicurious.com
Recipe From : epicurious.com1997-09-01 · With a slotted spoon transfer okra to a bowl. Add remaining‚ tablespoon oil to skillet and sauté onion, stirring, until it begins to soften. Stir in tomato, water, and Worcestershire sauce and... ...
Succotash With Okra, Tomatoes, Lima Beans, and Corn Recipe
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comDice the tomatoes. Combine the tomatoes and sliced okra in a large, non-reactive saucepan, stockpot or Dutch oven. Add the sliced okra, salt, and pepper. Add about 1/2 cup of water to the pot. ...
Stewed Okra Tomatoes & Corn | Just A Pinch Recipes
Recipe From : justapinch.com2014-09-23 · How to Make Stewed Okra, Tomatoes & Corn. In large saucepan melt bacon grease and saute onion, celery, and bell pepper for about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, okra … ...
Grilled Okra, Corn, and Tomato Salad Recipe - Vishwesh ...
Recipe From : foodandwine.com2019-07-12 · Toss together okra, canola oil, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Grill okra on oiled grates over high, uncovered, turning once or twice, until okra is slightly blistered and just softened, about... ...
- Preheat grill to high (450°F to 500°F). Grill jalapeños on oiled grates, uncovered, turning often, until skins are charred, about 8 minutes. Place chiles in a small ziplock plastic bag and seal, or place in a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Peel and discard blistered skins; remove stems and seeds. Process jalapeños, cilantro, lime juice, peanut oil, basil, and sugar in a blender until smooth, about 45 seconds. Season with salt. Set aside.
- Toss together okra, canola oil, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Grill okra on oiled grates over high, uncovered, turning once or twice, until okra is slightly blistered and just softened, about 5 minutes. Place okra in a large bowl, and set aside.
Stewed Okra, Corn, and Tomatoes Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.comStep 1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Advertisement. ... Show details
Okra, corn and tomatoes recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comOkra, corn and tomatoes recipe. Learn how to cook great Okra, corn and tomatoes . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Okra, corn and tomatoes recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Okra, corn and tomatoes recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! 80% Ginger Apple Torte Crecipe.com This ginger apple torte ... ... Show details
Okra-and-Corn Maque Choux Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.com2010-06-17 · Directions. Sauté sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until browned. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add corn, okra, and tomato… ...
- Sauté sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until browned. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add corn, okra, and tomato; cook, stirring often, 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.