ORANGE BLOSSOM CRèME BRULéE/ CREME BRULEE
Orange Blossom Crème Brulée is a another version of the original recipe with a Moroccan Twist.Orange blossom water is distilled water that contains the essential oils of the orange blossom. It can be found at farmers markets, specialty food stores, and Middle Eastern grocers.
Provided by Nadia Melkowits
Yield 1 ramekin, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 325 °F. (~160 °C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until thick and light in color. Add the cream, vanilla, and orange blossom water and continue to whisk until well blended.
- Divide the mixture among 4 ramekins or custard cups. Place in a water-bath (a large shallow pan of hot water, which surrounds the ramekins with gentle heat while baking and will prevent overheating and/or curdling.}.
- Bake for 40 min or until it sets around the edges and stays loose in the center. (The center should jiggle when the pan is tapped) Remove from the oven and leave in the water bath until cooled. Remove the cups from the water bath and chill for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.
- Sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of brown sugar over each crème brulée. Using a small hand held torch, burn the sugar until it caramelizes. Re-chill for a few minutes before serving.
- Serves 4.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 643.3, Fat 49.1, SaturatedFat 29.2, Cholesterol 399, Sodium 65.2, Carbohydrate 47.5, Sugar 43.5, Protein 5.5
ORANGE GINGER CREME BRULEE
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put the zest and ginger in the cream and heat to just below simmering. Remove from heat and allow to cool a bit. Strain out the zest and ginger.
- Meanwhile cream the egg yolks, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the cream very slowly mixing constantly. If you add it too quickly the egg yolk will cook from the heat of the cream. Try not to incorporate any air into the mix as you stir, air bubbles will detract from the smooth texture of the final product.
- Divide the mixture between 4 to 6 ramekins (will depend on the size of your ramekins). Place these in a lasagna pan and carefully pour water into the pan so that it comes up the outsides of the ramekins about 3/4 of the way up.
- Carefully put this pan in the oven. If you spill water into the ramekins it won't set -- don't spill!
- Bake about half an hour, or until the custards are set but still jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and take the ramekins out of the water bath. Allow to cool completely, then cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 4 hours, or up to 3 days.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle about a half tablespoon of sugar onto the custard. Spread it around evenly with a spoon or your finger, then use a blowtorch to caramelize the sugar. It should melt and brown a bit, but not burn. You can attempt to use the broiler in your oven to caramelize the sugar, but I have not had good success with this.
- Eat immediately. If you let them sit the sugar crust can pull water out of the custard and dissolve. Then you're eating flan, not creme brulee!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402.8, Fat 33.5, SaturatedFat 19.8, Cholesterol 274.7, Sodium 63.8, Carbohydrate 23.2, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 19.7, Protein 4.2
CREME BRULEE FRENCH TOAST WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM WATER
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and butter until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a large rimmed baking sheet (about 11 x 17 inches).
- In a pie pan or other shallow dish, combine the eggs, milk, orange juice, orange blossom water, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Coat both sides of the bread slices in the egg mixture, letting the bread soak up the custard for at least 15 minutes, then place them on the prepared baking sheet over the brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops of the bread are golden brown and the sugar is bubbling.
- Serve immediately while still hot, with the crunchy brown sugar side up, spooning more of the pan syrup over the tops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 479.5, Fat 20.1, SaturatedFat 11.9, Cholesterol 111.2, Sodium 381.5, Carbohydrate 66.4, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 37.4, Protein 9.9
More about "orange blossom crme brule creme brulee recipes"
FRENCH CRèME BRûLéE WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM
5/5 (6)Total Time 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 308 per serving
ORANGE-FLAVORED CRèME BRûLéE AUTHENTIC RECIPE | TASTEATLAS
CRèME BRûLéE WITH BLOOD ORANGE - THE GOURMET …
ORANGE BLOSSOM CRèME BRûLéE – PETITE PANIèRE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
ORANGE BLOSSOM CREME BRULEE RECIPE FROM B.I.Y. BAKE IT YOURSELF BY ...
ORANGE CRèME BRûLéE | HEINEN'S GROCERY STORE
ORANGE BLOSSOM CRèME BRULéE/ CREME BRULEE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
VEGAN CREME BRULEE – SAFFRON ORANGE BLOSSOM INFUSED
CRèME BRûLéE WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CRèME BRûLéE PIE WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM SYRUP - CURVYMAMA PIES
ORANGE FLOWER WATER CREME BRULEE : RECIPE - GOURMETSLEUTH
ORANGE GINGER CREME BRûLéE - A FOODCENTRIC LIFE
10 BEST CREME BRULEE RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE OF THE DAY - ORANGE BLOSSOM CRèME BRûLéE
You'll also love