OVEN BBQ CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place drumsticks in a baking dish.
- Whisk water, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, butter, salt, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and chili powder together in a bowl; pour mixture over drumsticks. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 1 hour, turning chicken about halfway through. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 443.3 calories, Carbohydrate 20.7 g, Cholesterol 142.3 mg, Fat 22.2 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 39.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 2071.9 mg, Sugar 18.3 g
DELICIOUS OVEN BARBECUED CHICKEN
A friend made this saucy chicken for us when we had our first child. I pared down the recipe to make it lower in fat and calories. Now it's a family favorite, and even the kids ask for this baked bbq chicken breast. -Marge Wagner, Roselle, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a nonstick skillet coated lightly with oil, brown chicken over medium heat. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray., Recoat skillet with oil. Add onion; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Pour over chicken. , Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°, 35-45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 324 calories, Fat 10g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 111mg cholesterol, Sodium 602mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 39g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
OVEN-BAKED, BEST EVER, JUICIEST CHICKEN
This is a variation of a recipe from Clarks Outpost in Tioga, Texas. It's best to start it the day before so it has enough time to marinate. Everybody raves about it!
Provided by Chef TraceyMae
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix 10 cups water, sugar and salt in a large roasting pan or stock pot.
- Place chicken skin side down in the water mixture (add more water if necessary to cover chicken.).
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Drain chicken and pat dry.
- Place chicken halves skin side down in a single layer on heavy large baking sheet with rim, that has been lined with aluminum foil, preferably Release foil.
- Brush each half with 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce.
- Sprinkle with 1-1/4 teaspoon of Rub.
- Turn halves over and repeat.
- Bake chicken skin sides up, basting every 20 minutes (VERY IMPORTANT) with pan juices, for about 2 hours.
- THIS IS WORTH THE EFFORT!
- If you use chicken parts, like breast, thigh or drumsticks, reduce the cooking time to 1 hour, 30 minutes-ish. And reduce cooking time even more if using a convection oven.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 772.5, Fat 41.2, SaturatedFat 11.7, Cholesterol 187.2, Sodium 3078, Carbohydrate 55.1, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 48.6, Protein 44.6
BBQ CHICKEN BREASTS IN THE OVEN
Make this quick and easy BBQ chicken breast in the oven for those times when you want a good meal but don't feel like fussing. Nuke a few potatoes for baked, steam some fresh broccoli or saute some green beans, and you got dinner in about an hour.
Provided by Grumpygrandpa
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking pan with heavy-duty foil to make cleanup easier.
- Prepare chicken breasts by cutting off the rib meat if you wish and rinse and pat dry. Leave the skin on. Season chicken with salt and pepper and put in the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until juices start to appear, about 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Remove the pan and generously pour 1/2 of the barbecue sauce over chicken. Continue to bake for 20 minutes. Repeat with remaining barbecue sauce and cook until no longer pink in the centers and skin is crispy, 15 to 20 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476.4 calories, Carbohydrate 22.7 g, Cholesterol 163.2 mg, Fat 15.3 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 57.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 937.3 mg, Sugar 16.3 g
OVEN BARBECUED CHICKEN
Chicken and Sunday dinner belong together. During my married life on a dairy farm, I'd make this baked bbq chicken before church. - Esther Shank, Harrisonburg, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove to paper towels to drain., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. , Place chicken in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, 45-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, basting occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302 calories, Fat 18g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 77mg cholesterol, Sodium 483mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 21g protein.
THE ULTIMATE BARBECUED CHICKEN
For the Ultimate Barbecued Chicken, Tyler Florence first grills the bird, then bastes it in his homemade sauce from Food Network.
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- For the brine, in a mixing bowl combine the water, salt, sugar, garlic, and thyme. Transfer the brine to a 2-gallon sized re-sealable plastic bag. Add the chicken, close the bag and refrigerate 2 hours (if you've only got 15 minutes, that's fine) to allow the salt and seasonings to penetrate the chicken.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Wrap the bacon around the bunch of thyme and tie with kitchen twine so you have a nice bundle. Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the thyme and cook slowly 3 to 4 minutes to render the bacon fat and give the sauce a nice smoky taste. Add the onion and garlic and cook slowly without coloring for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, give the sauce a stir, and turn the heat down to low. Cook slowly for 20 minutes to meld the flavors. Once the sauce is done cooking, remove about 1 1/2 cups of the sauce and reserve for serving along side the chicken at the table. The rest of the barbecue sauce will be used for basing the legs.
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- Preheat a grill pan or an outdoor gas or charcoal barbecue to a medium heat. Take a few paper towels and fold them several times to make a thick square. Blot a small amount of oil on the paper towel and carefully and quickly wipe the hot grates of the grill to make a nonstick surface. Take the chicken out of the brine, pat it dry on paper towels. Arrange the chicken pieces on the preheated grill and cook, turn once mid-way, and cook for a total of 10 minutes. Transfer the grill marked chicken to a cookie sheet and then place in the oven. Cook the chicken for 15 minutes, remove it from the oven and then brush liberally, coating every inch of the legs with the barbecue sauce and then return to the oven for 25 to 30 more minutes, basting the chicken for a second time half way through remaining cooking time. Serve with extra sauce.
THE BEST OVEN BARBECUED CHICKEN
This chicken has the best tangy barbecue sauce! Can't get enough of this one. We serve it with a warm baked potato and drizzle the extra sauce all over everything! Yummy!
Provided by MadzMom
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine all ingredients, except the chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put chicken in baking dish and half of the sauce over it.
- Set aside rest of sauce to pour over cooked chicken.
- Bake at 350°F for 50- 60 minutes, basting twice.
More about "oven barbecued chicken recipe best ever"
OVEN-ROASTED BBQ CHICKEN (THE BEST) | RICARDO
5/5 (84)Category Main DishesServings 4Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Sprinkle entire surface of chicken with salt, with an emphasis on legs and breasts. Place in a baking dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 days.
THE VERY BEST OVEN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
Ratings 61Calories 222 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large zip top bag and pour the seasoning over the chicken. Shake the chicken to coat.
BEST OVEN-BAKED BBQ CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
5/5 (12)Total Time 2 hrs 5 mins
- Make barbecue sauce: In a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, water, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire, molasses, and spices.
BEST BAKED BBQ CHICKEN (EASY + DELICIOUS!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
5/5 (9)Calories 206 per servingCategory Dinner
- Place the chicken in a bowl and pour ½ cup of the BBQ sauce over top. Mix to combine then set aside while your oven heats. Or leave it to marinate in the fridge for up to 4 hours.
- Place the chicken on the baking sheet skin side down. (Reserve any extra BBQ sauce left in the bowl.) Bake the chicken for 25 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and baste the top with the BBQ sauce that was in the marinating bowl. Return to the oven and bake for another 25 minutes.
BAKED BBQ CHICKEN THIGHS - CRAVING TASTY
4.8/5 (22)Total Time 35 minsCategory DinnerCalories 563 per serving
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and baking powder over the chicken thighs. Gently rub the thighs with your hands to evenly spread the seasonings.
- Arrange the thighs on a baking sheet, lined with foil and fitted with a cooling rack. Using a cooling rack is optional but will help with keeping grease off the thighs.
- Bake the thighs at 450F convection for 20 minutes. The thighs should be browned and have a crispy skin.
OVEN BBQ CHICKEN - OVEN ROASTED BBQ CHICKEN RECIPE
Servings 12Estimated Reading Time 6 minsCategory Main Dish, PoultryTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Combine BBQ sauce, peach preserves, garlic, and hot sauce in a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, or until nice and hot.
- Set aside.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Drizzle olive oil on 2 rimmed baking sheets and place chicken thighs skin side down in the pans.
- Roast for 25 minutes. Remove from oven briefly, brush sauce all over the thighs, then use a spatula to flip them over to the other side, being careful not to tear the skin.
THE BEST CHICKEN MARINADE (FOR GRILLING OR BAKING) | MOM ...
Ratings 103Calories 115 per servingCategory Main Dish, Marinade
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk together. Remove a half a cup of marinade and reserve for basting the chicken later.
- Place chicken in a large resealable bag and pour marinade over the top. Gently massage chicken breasts and be sure to close bag securely. (If you have less time, consider poking holes in the chicken with a fork to allow the marinade to penetrate quickly.)
- Refrigerate chicken and marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours. I find 4 to 6 hours to be perfect.
PATTI LABELLE'S BEST-EVER BARBECUE CHICKEN WITH BODACIOUS ...
Servings 6Calories 330 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 25 mins See details »
TWO INGREDIENT CRISPY OVEN BAKED BBQ CHICKEN
Ratings 653Calories 402 per servingCategory Chicken See details »
OVEN-BARBECUED CHICKEN RECIPE - MAKE YOUR BEST MEAL
4.2/5 (30)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 1161 per serving See details »
BEST OVEN BAKED BBQ CHICKEN - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
5/5 (7)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main CoursePublished 2018-07-09 See details »
BEST-EVER AMISH OVEN-BAKED BARBECUED CHICKEN
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 12Total Time 50 mins See details »
BEST OVEN-BARBECUED CHICKEN | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
5/5 (89)Calories 396 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins See details »
EASY BAKED BBQ CHICKEN RECIPE- HOMEMADE
5/5 (80)Total Time 55 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
EASY OVEN BARBECUE CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE
4.1/5 (57)Category Dinner, Entree, LunchAuthor Kari WilliamsCalories 359 per serving See details »
BEST OVEN BARBECUED CHICKEN RECIPE - YOUTUBE
See details »
OVEN BAKED BBQ CHICKEN - EASY, FROM SCRATCH! | RECIPETIN EATS
4.9/5 (31)Total Time 1 hrCategory DinnerCalories 392 per serving See details »
OVEN BAKED BBQ CHICKEN LEGS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
See details »
OVEN BAKED BONELESS BBQ CHICKEN BREAST - ALL INFORMATION ...
See details »
OVEN BARBECUED CHICKEN RECIPE BEST EVER - TFRECIPES.COM
See details »
OVEN BARBECUED CHICKEN RECIPE BEST-EVER | GEORGCHAD ...
See details »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you bake chicken in the oven with barbecue sauce?Remove chicken from oven and turn the temperature of the oven up to 425 degrees. Coat the top of the chicken with barbecue sauce using a basting brush. Use a spatula to flip the chicken over, being careful not to tear the skin. Baste the other side of the chicken, and place back in the oven for 7 minutes.
How to make the best oven baked chicken?1 Make barbecue sauce: In a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, water, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire, molasses, and spices. Reserve 1 cup of sauce for later. ... 2 Make chicken: Preheat oven to 425° and line a large baking sheet with foil. Place onions on baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and toss to coat. ... 3 Turn oven to broil. ...
How do you make BBQ sauce for chicken?Instructions Preheat oven to 450. Place chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet and season both sides generously with garlic pepper seasoning. Mix all of the remaining ingredients in a bowl to create the bbq sauce. Place the sauce in the microwave to melt the butter if needed. Cover both sides of the chicken with bbq sauce.
What are the ingredients in barbecue baked chicken?This recipe uses only TWO INGREDIENTS - barbecue sauce and chicken (plus a little olive oil, salt, and pepper) - to make the crispiest, most perfectly glazed, sweet, sticky, and tender barbecue baked chicken you will ever have. Coat the chicken on all sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.