OVEN ROASTED SAGANAKI
Fifteen minutes in the oven and these cheeses are transformed into hot savory mezethes, appetizers, or even side dishes. Feta and kasseri cheeses are most common. A saganaki is a small, two-handled pan, which gives its name to these oven- or stove-to-table dishes that use it. In the market, look for small paella pans or small au gratin dishes. Taken from Nancy Gaifyllia, former About.com Guide.
Provided by alligirl
Yield 1 ramekin, 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the slice of feta cheese in a small oven-proof serving dish.
- Sprinkle the oregano over the cheese and add a grind of black pepper; drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the cheese slice, and serve hot with pita wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 59.7, Fat 6.8, SaturatedFat 0.9, Sodium 0.1
CLASSIC SAGANAKI WITH OLIVES AND LEMON
- Rinse cheese slices under cold water (do not pat dry). Coat with flour. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Add cheese and cook until beginning to brown, about 1 minutes per side. Transfer to plates.
- Squeeze lemon over cheese; sprinkle with oregano and pepper. Serve with tomatoes, pita and olives.
In Greek cuisine, saganaki is any one of a variety of dishes prepared in a small frying pan, the best-known being an appetizer of fried cheese. We're raising the bar for this recipe by adding prawns and lots of fresh feta! Serve with crusty bread.
Provided by Angie
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir tomato paste into onion mixture; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour wine into tomato mixture; simmer until liquid is reduced by about half, about 5 minutes. Stir tomato sauce into wine mixture and simmer until mixture is thick, about 10 minutes.
- Spread tomato mixture into the base of a 6-cup baking dish; top with prawns and sprinkle evenly with feta cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until prawns are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 10 minutes; top with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341.4 calories, Carbohydrate 19.7 g, Cholesterol 277.5 mg, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 33 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 967.5 mg, Sugar 11.7 g
- Slice feta into 2x3/8 inch squares, about 8 slices. In a small bowl, beat the egg with the oregano. Dip each slice of feta in egg, shake off excess, and coat in flour.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Quickly cook cheese in olive oil until golden, turning once. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange feta on a plate with thick tomato slices, season with black pepper, and garnish with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302.2 calories, Carbohydrate 18.5 g, Cholesterol 97 mg, Fat 20.4 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 12.1 g, SaturatedFat 9.8 g, Sodium 655.5 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
More about "oven roasted saganaki recipes"
ROASTED FETA SAGANAKI WITH ROASTED PEPPER AND OLIVE …
Servings 6Total Time 25 minsCategory Cheese Dips
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Put the feta in a small ovenproof dish, such as a cazuela or small cast-iron skillet. Drizzle the olive oil over the feta and sprinkle with oregano. Season to taste with black pepper. Bake until the feta is golden and bubbling, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the feta from the oven and top with the olive mixture. Serve immediately, with toasted pita.
SAGANAKI RECIPE (PAN-SEARED CHEESE) - MY GREEK SALAD
PRAWN SAGANAKI (SHRIMP SAGANAKI) - SUPERGOLDEN BAKES
PRAWN SAGANAKI - VICKI'S GREEK RECIPES
OVEN ROASTED SAGANAKI RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
SAGANAKI-STYLE PRAWN AND FETA TRAYBAKE - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
SAGANAKI CHEESE WITH HONEY, BALSAMIC & THYME ROASTED …
BAKED MELITZANES (EGGPLANTS) SAGANAKI - KOPIASTE
PAN-SEARED SAGANAKI RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
OVEN ROASTED SAGANAKI - GRYKSKE KEZE APPETIZERS RECIPE
BAKED EGGPLANTS – SAGANAKI | AKIS PETRETZIKIS
OVEN ROASTED SAGANAKI RECIPE | COOKING SELF
FRIED FETA CHEESE SAGANAKI (READY IN 5') - REAL GREEK RECIPES
PRAWN SAGANAKI RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
SAGANAKI RECIPE (PAN-SEARED GREEK CHEESE APPETIZER)
OPA GREEK POTATOES: RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SHRIMP SAGANAKI - GREEK BAKED SHRIMP RECIPE - NO SPOON …
OVEN ROASTED SAGANAKI - RADICIO.COM
OVEN ROASTED SAGANAKI - RECIPE GRATUIT GRIE CHEESE
BAKED KEFTEDES SAGANAKI - THERESCIPES.INFO
OVEN ROASTED SAGANAKI - GRIYEGO KESO APPETIZER RECIPE
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA (GARIDES SAGANAKI)
PRAWN SAGANAKI - A TASTE OF GREECE - SOUVLAKI FOR THE SOUL
SAGANAKI RECIPE | GREEK CHEESE | OLYMPIAN FOODS
BAKED SHRIMP SAGANAKI AND FOCACCIA - FAST! | AKIS PETRETZIKIS
OVEN ROASTED SAGANAKI FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
TRADITIONAL PRAWN SAGANAKI RECIPE - GREEK CITY TIMES
SHRIMP SAGANAKI (GREEK SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES & FETA ... - ONCE …
SAGANAKI CHEESE - 3 DIFFERENT RECIPES - SOUVLAKI FOR THE SOUL
GREEK SHRIMP SAGANAKI RECIPE (WITH FETA CHEESE) - JUST PLAIN COOKING
GREEK SHRIMP SAGANAKI - BAKED SHRIMP WITH FETA
CRISPY SAGANAKI ON A BED OF ROASTED VEGETABLE WHOLE WHEAT …
ROASTED SHRIMP WITH FETA AND TOMATO – SHRIMP SAGANAKI
SHRIMP SAGANAKI RECIPE | SHRIMP BAKED WITH TOMATOES AND FETA
OVEN ROASTED SAGANAKI - RADICIO.COM
SHRIMP SAGANAKI- GREEK SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA
PRAWN SAGANAKI RECIPE WITH FETA CHEESE | THE GREEK FOOD
ROASTED FETA SAGANAKI WITH ROASTED PEPPER AND OLIVE RELISH
KEFTEDES SAGANAKI: GREEK STYLE MEATBALLS IN A TOMATO
#weeknight #30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #5-ingredients-or-less #appetizers #eggs-dairy #greek #easy #european #dinner-party #cheese #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook saganaki?To prepare your saganaki, you need to follow three very simple steps: Cover the surface of the cheese with cold water. Dip it in a bowl of water or place under running water. Pan fry (shallow fry) with olive oil in a pan warmed up to medium heat. Don’t forget to flip it over to become golden on both sides.
What is my prawn saganaki recipe?My prawn saganaki recipe uses fresh prawns, tomatoes and Greek feta. Don’t forget the ouzo! Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a large deep frying pan. Once heated through add the onion, garlic and chillis. Allow the mixture to soften and become translucent after a few mins. Add the prawns and saute gently for a few mins.
How do you fry cheese in a saganaki pan?In a pan (if you don’t have a saganaki use a frying pan) heat the oil over medium heat. Carefully place the cheese in the pan for 2 minutes or until it is golden brown. Turn the cheese around to fry the other side the same way. When ready, serve it hot with a slice of lemon.
What is saganaki in Greece?Whenever you talk about Saganaki in Greece you mainly refer to the appetizer version which is prepared in a small frying pan with cheese. On this instance prawn saganaki is what you might think of a prawns casserole.