BEST THAI PANANG CURRY RECIPE WITH CHICKEN
Thai chicken panang curry is a rich curry with complex flavors. You'll need under 30 minutes to make this bright and hearty Thai Panang Curry.
Provided by Jyothi Rajesh
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat skillet or deep bottom pan. Add coconut oil and wait until oil melts.
- Sauté finely chopped onions in hot coconut oil until onion is translucent.
- Add roughly chopped galangal, lemon grass.
- Add minced garlic, red and green bell peppers. Cook for 2 minutes constantly stirring.
- Push veggies to one side of the pan. Add washed and cleaned chicken things. Cook until chicken browns a bit and changes colour.
- Mix chicken and veggies together. Continue cooking it for a minute more.
- Again gather chicken veggie mix to one side of the pan. Scoop out Thai Panang curry paste ( or Thai red curry paste) to empty side of pan. Stir the paste and fry it in oil. Wait until oil separates from the paste. Pro-Tip : Do not skip frying curry paste in oil. Flavors cone out and curry turns delicious with this step.
- Stir in unsweetened peanut butter, fish sauce and palm sugar. Nutmeg powder to be added now if using. Take Kaffir lime leaves on your palm and crush it. Add crushed kaffir lime leaves to the pan. Note - If you can't get palm sugar , substitute with brown sugar or jaggery. Crushing kaffir lime leaves helps release its wonderful aromatic oil, making Panang curry flavorsome.
- Cook stirring regularly for 2 minutes.
- Simmer flame. Pour in thick coconut milk. Give it a good stir.
- Let it cook for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add few Thai basil leaves. Stir.
- Turn off flame. Thai Chicken Panang Curry is ready.
- It's great when served with steamed jasmine rice.
- You can also serve Thai Panang curry with rice noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460 kcal, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 21 g, Fat 38 g, SaturatedFat 21 g, Cholesterol 111 mg, Sodium 271 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
Quick and Easy Panang Curry made with chicken and sautéed vegetables in a bold and creamy coconut sauce, served over rice.
Provided by Lauren Allen
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large non-stick skillet. Saute onions for 2 minutes, then add bell peppers, garlic and ginger and saute for 2 minutes more.
- Add curry paste and peanut butter and saute for 1 minute. Add 1 ½ cans of coconut milk. Whisk cornstarch into remaining 1/2 can coconut milk then add to the pan. Stir well.
- Add chicken, stirring to coat. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or just until chicken is no longer pink and sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir in sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, and basil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327 kcal, Carbohydrate 19 g, Protein 41 g, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 116 mg, Sodium 519 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 14 g, UnsaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 serving
PANANG CHICKEN CURRY
- In a heavy bottomed pot, heat the 3 tablespoons of the thick coconut cream to high for about 1 minute. When the cream starts to sizzle, stir in the curry paste into the cream like building a roux. Add the onion and half of the makrut lime leaf chiffonade. Stir-fry the paste until the paste starts to thicken, dry out, and become fragrant, about 1 minute. If the curry starts to sputter, add a small amount of coconut milk to keep the paste moving. Cook the paste until it has the consistency of peanut butter.
- Stir in the remaining coconut milk into the curry paste. Increase the heat to high until you reach a full rolling boil. Allow the curry to boil until it reduces by about 25% or coats the back of a wooden spoon, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the chicken, tamarind paste, fish sauce and sugar. When the chicken is about halfway cooked, about 5 minutes, add the bell pepper and zucchini. Let simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the bamboo shoots and Thai basil leaves. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve immediately over jasmine rice and garnish with a few ribbons of the remaining makrut lime leaf.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breast; cook just until no longer pink in the center; about 3 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Whisk coconut milk and curry paste together in skillet until combined. Add potato; simmer until potatoes begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Stir cooked chicken, peas and carrots, fish sauce, sugar, and lime leaves into the curry mixture; simmer until potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 451.9 calories, Carbohydrate 25.5 g, Cholesterol 51.3 mg, Fat 33.4 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 29.1 g, SaturatedFat 20.3 g, Sodium 824 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
PANANG CURRY - BEEF
This curry is one of our favorite dishes! It is better than a lot of curry served in the Thai restaurants in the States, especially if you are into spicy food. They are great as packed lunch too, just heat it up in the microwave!
Provided by Poison_Ivy
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Brown beef, remove from heat as soon as it's no longer pink outside.
- Drain the beef.
- Heat curry paste and add ginger, chili, garlic.
- Add 2/3 coconut milk and stir.
- Add all remaining spices and mix in the rest of the coconut milk.
- Add suger and stir well.
- Add beef and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Use the remaining coconut milk in the can to cook with rice or make dessert.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1774, Fat 185.2, SaturatedFat 88.3, Cholesterol 224.7, Sodium 76.8, Carbohydrate 8, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 2.3, Protein 21.6
CHICKEN PANANG CURRY
An authentic thai recipe.
Provided by chiwong
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Make the rice in a rice cooker or some other method.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a wok until very hot. Then add the curry paste and fry for 30-45 seconds.
- Carefully add the coconut milk, brown sugar and fish sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, red pepper and kaffir lime leaves. Simmer for a further 8-10 minutes.
- If the curry has reduced down too much and become too thick, salty or concentrated, add water a tablespoon at a time to thin it out.
An excellent & authentic recipe from the pros @ the original Thai cookery school in Chang Mai, Northern Thailand!
Provided by stevebent
Yield Serves 3
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Put some water on to boil for your spaghetti/rice/noodles, and cook as per instructions. Put half the coconut milk into a wok and fry for 3-5 mins, stirring continuously, until the coconut oil begins to separate out.
- Then add the curry paste and fry for 1-2 mins, until you get the aroma of the paste.
- Add the pork and cook until the outside is cooked.
- Then add the rest of the thick coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Simmer and add the palm sugar along the side of the wok until it melts.
- Then add the soy sauce, fish sauce and lime leaf pieces.
- Stir to combine (if using) add half the basil leaves.
- Turn off the heat and serve garnished with the shredded lime leaves, red chillies, coconut milk and (if using) the remaining basil leaves.
AUTHENTIC PANANG CURRY WITH WHITE RICE
Spicy Panang Curry is a popular Thai restaurant staple. My favorite is a simplified version made with plain vegetables, but chicken, beef or pork may be added. Add steamed white rice and you have a complete meal. Watch out! This dish tends to be spicy! Note to squeamish: Use a little less curry paste and add a bit more coconut milk to temper the hot!
Provided by astartrekfreak
Yield 8 cups, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Slice meat (if using) into thin slivers. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, and fry meat until two-thirds done, then remove and set aside.
- Stir fry vegetables until crisp-done and add to meat.
- Add 1/4 cup coconut milk to pan and bring to boil. Add 1/2 can of curry paste. Lower heat and mix well.
- Add meat and vegetables back in and stir until meat is cooked, but tender.
- Add remaining coconut milk and curry paste. Continue mixing on low heat.
- Stir in fish sauce, 1/2 of frozen lemongrass, and sugar.
- Cook an additional few minutes until coconut milk thickens.
- Serve over white rice and garnish with additional lemongrass flakes.
More about "panang curry recipes"
PANANG CURRY » REAL THAI RECIPES » AUTHENTIC THAI RECIPES …
RECIPES - TEMPLE OF THAI
THAI PANANG CURRY WITH VEGETABLES - COOKIE AND KATE
PANANG CURRY (RICH, CREAMY AND DELICIOUS) | RASA MALAYSIA
QUICK AND EASY THAI PANANG CURRY - ERREN'S KITCHEN
PANANG CURRY RECIPE WITH CRISPY TOFU - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
20 MINUTE PANANG CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE - LITTLE SPICE JAR
PANANG CURRY | BEEF CURRY RECIPES | TESCO REAL FOOD
THAI PANANG CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
THAI CHICKEN PANANG CURRY RECIPE - THAI FOOD ONLINE
THAI PANANG CURRY WITH PRAWNS - QUICK AND EASY! - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
PANANG NEUA (THAI PANANG BEEF CURRY) RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
PANANG CURRY WITH VEGETABLES AND CHICKEN – WELLPLATED.COM
PANANG CURRY VS RED CURRY: 4 DIFFERENCES YOU NEED TO KNOW
DUCK PANANG CURRY RECIPE · GRESSINGHAM
THE BEST THAI PANANG CHICKEN CURRY - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
BEEF PANANG CURRY RECIPE - BBC FOOD
PANANG CURRY PASTE RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
THAI PANANG CURRY RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
PANANG CURRY RECIPE (EASY, RICH, AND CREAMY) | KITCHN
SEARCH FOR KEYWORD: PANANG CURRY RECIPE| VYCOOK | VYCOOK
PANANG CURRY (WITH SWEET POTATOES) - CHELSEA'S MESSY APRON
PANANG CURRY RECIPE (WITH VIDEO) | THE BELLY RULES THE MIND
THAI PANANG CURRY RECIPE | BLESS HER HEART Y'ALL
PANANG CURRY RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PANANG CURRY
THAI PANANG CURRY RECIPE W/ TENDER BEEF SHORT RIBS
THAI PANANG CHICKEN CURRY - SATYAM'S KITCHEN
PANANG CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
EASY THAI PANANG CURRY WITH PORK - SO MUCH FOOD
PANANG CURRY RECIPE | PORK PANAENG | พะแนง | HOW TO COOK THAI …
QUICK THAI CHICKEN PANANG CURRY | WANDERCOOKS
PANANG CHICKEN CURRY SLOW COOKED - AYAM
PANANG FISH CURRY RECIPE
5 PANANG CURRY RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME | ALLRECIPES
HOMEMADE PANANG CURRY PASTE – AWESOME & QUICK
10 BEST PANANG CURRY WITH VEGETABLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY VEGAN PANANG CURRY IN 30 MINUTES - VEGAN PUNKS
10 BEST PANANG CURRY WITH VEGETABLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
PANANG CURRY RECIPE - VEG VEGAN MEAT
SHRIMP PANANG CURRY RECIPE WITH SIMPLE PANANG HACK ~ …
You'll also love