PASSION FRUIT GELEE RECIPE - (3.9/5)
Provided by á-114543
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in a small saucepan let stand to softened. Cook over low heat until gelatin is dissolved 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in 1 tbsp puree at a time until gelatin mixture is cool, then whisk in remaining puree. Transfer to a clean bowl and over an ice bath, stirring occasionally until consistency of raw egg whites 15-25 minutes. Pour into desired shape such as cake pan and freeze for 20 minutes or until set.
PASSION FRUIT GELEE WITH BASIL CREAM RECIPE
Fool proof Thai Red Curry Chicken. Served with steamed rice.
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Make gelée: Sprinkle gelatin over water in a small saucepan and let stand 1 minute to soften. Cook over low heat, stirring, until gelatin is dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in 1 tablespoon passion-fruit nectar at a time until gelatin mixture is cool, then whisk in remaining nectar. Transfer to a metal bowl and set bowl into a larger bowl half-filled with ice and cold water. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until gelée is consistency of raw egg white, 15 to 25 minutes. Put egg carton in a shallow baking pan and arrange glasses in carton, then tilt glasses to a 45-degree angle. Divide gelée among glasses. Carefully transfer pan with glasses to refrigerator and chill until gelée is set, at least 1 hour. Make cream when gelée has set: Pulse basil, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a food processor until finely chopped, then transfer to a bowl and add cream, stirring just until sugar is dissolved. Sprinkle gelatin over water in a small saucepan and let stand 1 minute to soften. Cook over low heat, stirring, until gelatin is dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in 1 tablespoon basil cream at a time until gelatin mixture is cool, then whisk in remaining cream. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a metal bowl, pressing hard on solids and then discarding them. Set bowl in a larger bowl half-filled with ice and cold water and let stand, stirring occasionally, until cream is consistency of raw egg white, 15 to 25 minutes. Holding 1 glass of gelée at a 45-degree angle, slowly fill glass with basil cream, gradually righting glass as filled. Fill remaining glasses in same manner. Chill, covered, until set, at least 1 hour. Cooks\' note: Gelées with cream can be chilled up to 2 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500
PASSION FRUIT CREAM
These rich, silky creams can be made well in advance - for lots of tasty leftovers just double the amount
Provided by Thomasina Miers
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Whisk the yolk and sugar until light and fluffy and doubled in size, about 3 mins. Beat in the Cointreau, lemon and the flesh of 2 passion fruits. Softly whip the cream until it just holds some shape (it stiffens quickly towards the end so whip slowly as it gets thicker). Chill 2 dessert glasses.
- To assemble, gently fold the egg mix into the double cream, having first given the eggs another brisk whisk. Spoon the cream into little glasses and top them with the seeds from the remaining passion fruit and a drizzle of Cointreau.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501 calories, Fat 44 grams fat, SaturatedFat 24 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 20 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 20 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.07 milligram of sodium
WATERMELON SORBET WITH WINE BASIL GELéE
Categories Dessert Frozen Dessert Lemon Watermelon Basil White Wine Summer Gourmet Fat Free Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free
Yield Makes 6 to 8 dessert servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Make sorbet:
- Bring sugar, water, and zest to a boil in a 2-quart heavy saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved, then reduce heat and simmer, without stirring, washing down any sugar crystals on side of pan with a pastry brush dipped in cold water, 2 minutes.
- Put watermelon in a blender, then add syrup and lemon juice and blend until smooth. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl, pressing on pulp and discarding any remaining solids.
- Freeze in ice cream maker, then transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm.
- Make gelée while sorbet freezes:
- Blanch basil in a 3-quart pot of boiling salted water 5 seconds, then drain and transfer to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking. Drain basil and squeeze dry.
- Bring wine, sugar, zest, and 1/2 cup water to a boil in cleaned 2-quart heavy saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved, then simmer 2 minutes.
- While wine syrup simmers, sprinkle gelatin over remaining 2 tablespoons water in a large metal bowl and let soften 1 minute.
- Pour about 1/2 cup wine syrup through a medium-mesh sieve lined with a dampened paper towel into gelatin mixture (reserve lined sieve), then stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Blend remaining syrup with basil and lemon juice in cleaned blender until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids), then pour through lined sieve into gelatin mixture. Set bowl in a larger bowl of ice and cold water and let stand, stirring occasionally, until cold, about 15 minutes, then chill in refrigerator, uncovered, until set, at least 2 hours.
- Gently whisk gelée to break into small pieces and serve as a bed for scoops of sorbet.
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Categories Candy Dessert Christmas Kid-Friendly New Year's Eve Winter Passion Fruit Boil Gourmet Fat Free Kidney Friendly Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Small Plates
Yield Makes about 4 dozen candies
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Lightly oil baking pan.
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in a 2-quart heavy saucepan and let stand 4 minutes to soften. Heat gelatin over medium-low heat, stirring, until dissolved. Stir in 2 cups sugar until dissolved, then stir in lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, washing any sugar crystals down side of pan with a pastry brush dipped in cold water. Reduce heat to medium-low and boil, uncovered, without stirring, 13 minutes (watch carefully so that mixture does not boil over). Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes for bubbles to dissipate. (Skim any foam that remains after 5 minutes.) Stir in passion-fruit purée (do not scrape bottom of pan; leave any dark bits that stick). Pour into baking pan and let stand at room temperature until set, at least 12 hours.
- Run a sharp knife around edge of gelatin and invert onto a cutting board. Cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips, then cut strips into 1-inch pieces. Just before serving, gently toss gelées in a bowl of sugar to coat, brushing off excess.
More about "passion fruit gele with basil cream recipes"
EASY PASSION FRUIT MOUSSE – LAYLITA'S RECIPES
PASSION FRUIT GELEéS CANDY RECIPE - SAVORY SIMPLE
17 BEST PASSION FRUIT DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD
20 FRESH PASSION FRUIT RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
PASSION-FRUIT GELéE WITH BASIL CREAM RECIPE | YUMMLY - PINTEREST
VANILLA PANNA COTTA & PASSION FRUIT GELEE - CHEF MONA COOKS
PASSION FRUIT GELéE WITH BASIL CREAM | GELEE, JELL-O, FOOD - PINTEREST
10 PASSION FRUIT RECIPES
BEST PASSION FRUIT GELÃE WITH BASIL CREAM RECIPES
PASSION-FRUIT GELéE WITH BASIL CREAM - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
EPICURIOUS PASSION-FRUIT GELéE WITH BASIL CREAM RECIPES RECIPE
EPICURIOUS PASSION-FRUIT GELéE WITH BASIL CREAM RECIPE
PASSION-FRUIT GELéE WITH BASIL CREAM RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
PASSION-FRUIT GELéE WITH BASIL CREAM - PINTEREST
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love