CABBAGE AND PASTA
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add farfalle pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the cabbage, onion, and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Cook 15 minutes, or until the cabbage and onion are tender.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cooked farfalle and the cabbage mixture. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 519.6 calories, Carbohydrate 51.8 g, Cholesterol 81.3 mg, Fat 32.2 g, Fiber 6 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 19.8 g, Sodium 442.9 mg, Sugar 7.5 g
PASTA WITH SEAFOOD AND CABBAGE
We threw this together one evening when we felt like eating something a little daring! Has anyone ever heard of cabbage being daring? Of course, we had to go to the store for all the ingredients and then come back and cook it! How much fun. It takes 45 minutes including soak time for the pasta, which is made of rice. Updated: 10/23/06 -so as to clarify Notta Pasta(Brand Name) is gluten-free. Also, use gluten-free soy sauce however, we used Kikoman personal preference.
Provided by Manami
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Soak Notta Pasta(Brand Name) according to the package for saute.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add shrimp, scallions, fish sauce, and sprinkling of crushed red peppers, if using. Stirfry until the shrimp just turns opaque. Remove shrimp to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Add cabbage, red bell pepper, ginger and garlic. Stirfry for one minute.
- Add sherry, GF soy sauce or Kikkoman, clams and drained Notta Pasta(made of rice). Cook, mixing all together well, stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes or until the Notta Pasta is firm but tender.
- Add reserved shrimp. Toss to mix well.
- Serve at once garnished with cilantro, hot garlic bread and a robust red wine(to make things a little different.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206.8, Fat 6.2, SaturatedFat 0.6, Cholesterol 166.2, Sodium 446.2, Carbohydrate 8.5, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 3.3, Protein 24.6
MIXED SEAFOOD PASTA
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions for al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, lobster and calamari and season with salt and pepper. Sear on each side for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the tomato strips, capers, thyme, rosemary, garlic and onion to the skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often to ensure the vegetables don't brown. Deglaze with the white wine, then add the cream. Bring to a simmer and allow the sauce to simmer and thicken about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach to the sauce and stir so it begins to wilt. Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the skillet. Add the seafood and any juices on the plate. Add the Parmesan, parsley and lemon zest, turn off the heat and toss everything together until nicely coated in the sauce. Garnish the pasta with more Parmesan, parsley and lemon zest. Serve directly from the skillet.
PASTA WITH SAUSAGE, CARAMELIZED CABBAGE AND GOAT CHEESE
Pasta with cabbage is a common combination across much of Central and Eastern Europe. In this quick weeknight meal, an entire head of cabbage is cooked in the fat left behind by sweet Italian sausage. Goat cheese adds tang and helps create a cream sauce that ties everything together. Feel free to use this recipe as a guideline to come up with your own variation: Try it with your favorite shape of pasta, swap out the thyme for dill, parsley or another herb, or substitute the goat cheese for Parmesan.
Provided by Aaron Hutcherson
Categories dinner, weekday, pastas, main course
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 7 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium. Add the sausage and cook, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, until fully cooked and crumbled, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage to a plate, leaving the fat in the pan.
- Add the cabbage, onion, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to the skillet. Cover and cook, stirring regularly, until the cabbage has completely wilted and starts to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the heavy cream, goat cheese and reserved sausage until evenly combined. Stir in the pasta, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
- In a medium skillet, saute 1 garlic clove in 1 tablespoon butter for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, parsley, basil and tarragon; saute 2 minutes longer. Add the broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until mixture reaches desired thickness., Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. In another skillet, saute remaining garlic in remaining butter for 1 minute. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add scallops and cook 3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque. Add to tomato mixture. Drain pasta; transfer to a bowl. Pour seafood mixture over pasta; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
SEAFOOD AND CABBAGE SALAD
This is a beautiful and delicious salad that was popular in our salad bar when we had our restaurant. Red and green vegetables are mixed together with the imitation crab, and then tossed with a light and lemony dressing.
Provided by Wilma Scott
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, white wine vinegar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, and chile sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, broccoli, bell peppers, and crab. Toss mixture with dressing. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 98.2 calories, Carbohydrate 18.7 g, Cholesterol 11.4 mg, Fat 0.5 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 661.2 mg, Sugar 9.6 g
THAI SHRIMP AND CABBAGE
"This spicy shrimp is absolutely wonderful served over shredded cabbage. When I'm in a hurry, I use packaged coleslaw mix instead," notes Beth Malchiodi of Brooklyn, New York. "It's a welcome change from rice."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 serving.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small skillet, stir-fry the cabbage in 1 teaspoon oil for 2 minutes or until tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add the shrimp, water and soy sauce; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in cilantro and pepper flakes. Serve with cabbage.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 267 calories, Fat 15g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 215mg cholesterol, Sodium 1181mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
CABBAGE-TOMATO PASTA TOSS
Here's an unusual combination of ingredients that blend very well together. It's a nice side dish for any beef entree.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, vinegar, basil and parsley; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the cabbage during the last 2 minutes. , Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the bread crumbs, almonds and garlic in oil and butter for 6 minutes or until golden brown. , Drain pasta and cabbage; place in a large bowl. Add tomato and crumb mixtures; toss.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385 calories, Fat 23g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 21mg cholesterol, Sodium 151mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
PASTA WITH CARAMELIZED CABBAGE, ANCHOVIES AND BREAD CRUMBS
This dish is hearty and robust, with a savory backbone from the anchovies, sage and pecorino, as well as a bite from the red chile flakes. (A note to anchovy haters: add them anyway. They dissolve into the sauce and add complexity without any fishiness.) Although I used regular pasta, I think farro pasta or whole-wheat pasta would also have stood up to the brawny flavors of the dish. Or, if you wanted to take this in a meatier direction, you could substitute bacon for anchovies, reducing the olive oil and using some of the bacon fat to cook the cabbage. Pork products and cabbage are a match made in heaven, or at least in much of Eastern Europe.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, weekday, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Mince one garlic clove. Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the anchovies and cook, mashing with a spatula, until they dissolve into the butter. Stir in the minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Stir in the bread crumbs and sage and cook until bread is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Season with black pepper.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions until barely al dente. Drain.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining garlic and cook until golden brown. Add the chile and cook until fragrant. Stir in the cabbage and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Toss in the pasta and bread-crumb mixture and heat through, then quickly toss in the cheese and remove from heat. Season with salt and more pepper, if desired, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 550, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 71 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 18 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 503 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SHRIMP AND CABBAGE LO MEIN
Strips of sliced cabbage echo the shape of the noodles in our version of a familiar Chinese-American dish. Cooked briefly, the cabbage wilts slightly but keeps some crunch.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, return to pot, and set aside. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, sugar, and red-pepper flakes; set mixture aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add shrimp and half the garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until shrimp are opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate (reserve skillet).
- Place cabbage, remaining garlic, and 1/2 cup water in skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is crisp-tender, 6 to 7 minutes. To pot with linguine, add cabbage, soy-sauce mixture, and shrimp; toss to combine. Serve, garnished with cilantro, if desired.
More about "pasta with seafood and cabbage recipes"
SEAFOOD PASTA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
26 SEAFOOD PASTA RECIPES | GOURMET TRAVELLER
3-INGREDIENT CABBAGE PASTA | HEARTFUL TABLE
PASTA WITH CABBAGE, RADICCHIO AND GARLIC RECIPE
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
RECIPE: SPICY SHRIMP SPAGHETTI WITH CABBAGE & TOASTED …
THESE 17 SEAFOOD PASTA RECIPES ARE POSITIVELY …
POLISH PASTA WITH CABBAGE RECIPE (LAZANKI Z KAPUSTA)
CREAMY GARLIC SEAFOOD PASTA - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
BEST SEAFOOD PASTA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SEAFOOD PASTA WITH …
22 SEAFOOD PASTA RECIPES TO SERVE FOR CASUAL DINNERS
PASTA WITH CABBAGE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
CARAMELIZED CABBAGE & ONION PASTA | THE FULL HELPING
ITALIAN SEAFOOD PASTA RECIPE RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY …
10 BEST SHRIMP CABBAGE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SEAFOOD PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS (AND GARLIC!)
EASY SEAFOOD PASTA RECIPES & IDEAS | FOOD & WINE
CREAMY SEAFOOD PASTA | COOKTORIA
THE BEST SEAFOOD PASTA RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
OLD FASHIONED PASTA WITH FRIED CABBAGE - BITE IT QUICK
SEAFOOD PASTA RECIPES - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
SEAFOOD PASTA RECIPES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
PARMESAN PASTA WITH CABBAGE AND THYME RECIPE
SEAFOOD PASTA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CABBAGE IS ACTUALLY DELICIOUS, AND THIS PASTA RECIPE PROVES IT
PAPPARDELLE PASTA WITH SEAFOOD SAUCE RECIPE | A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SEAFOOD AND PASTA RECIPES | MYRECIPES
OUR BEST SEAFOOD PASTA RECIPES WITH CRAB, ANCHOVY, LOBSTER AND …
SEAFOOD SPAGHETTI MARINARA | RECIPETIN EATS
PASTA CON CAVOLO (PASTA WITH CABBAGE AND MUSHROOMS) - RICARDO
PASTA BAKE WITH CABBAGE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
SEAFOOD PASTA RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SMOKY BACON AND CABBAGE PASTA | CANADIAN LIVING
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #pasta #seafood #vegetables #american #european #italian #shrimp #dietary #spicy #one-dish-meal #gluten-free #stir-fry #comfort-food #free-of-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #shellfish #peppers #taste-mood #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook shrimp and cabbage with pasta?While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add shrimp and half the garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until shrimp are opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate (reserve skillet). Place cabbage, remaining garlic, and 1/2 cup water in skillet.
How to cook farfalle pasta with cabbage?Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add farfalle pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the cabbage, onion, and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Cook 15 minutes, or until the cabbage and onion are tender.
What are the best seafood pasta recipes that look fancy?Fettuccine is tossed in this rich, silky sauce with sautéed shrimp and peas. Another easy recipe that looks fancy is Mafaldine with Shrimp and Lemon, a zesty and buttery dish made with what may be the most whimsical pasta shape ever. No matter the occasion, these seafood pasta recipes will be the star of dinnertime.
How to cook Shrimp Pasta with sauce?In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, sugar, and red-pepper flakes; set mixture aside. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add shrimp and half the garlic; season with salt and pepper.