PEA AND LETTUCE PURéE WITH TARRAGON
- Cook scallions in butter in a 3-quart heavy saucepan, covered, over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add lettuce and water and simmer, covered, until wilted, about 5 minutes. Stir in peas and cook, uncovered, stirring, until just heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Coarsely purée in a food processor, then transfer to cleaned pan. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, until heated through, then stir in salt, lemon juice, and tarragon.
TARRAGON AND SWEET PEA PUREE
- Put the peas into a saucepan and cover with water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, remove from heat and drain. Put the peas into a blender, add the tarragon, salt, pepper and cream and blend until smooth, about 20 seconds. Serve immediately.
TARRAGON SNAP PEAS
- Cook 1 pound sugar snap peas in boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain and toss with 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4 calorie, Fat 79 grams, SaturatedFat 0.5 grams, Cholesterol 0 milligrams, Sodium 150 milligrams, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 5 grams
TARRAGON AND SWEET PEA PUREE
A delicious side dish that hails from Scandinavia. Recipe courtesy Dan Smith and Steve McDonagh From the show: Party Line with the Hearty Boys Episode: Dinner Party
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Put the peas into a saucepan and cover with water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute, remove from heat and drain.
- Put the peas into a blender, add the tarragon, salt, pepper and cream and blend until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 388.8, Fat 23, SaturatedFat 13.9, Cholesterol 81.5, Sodium 665.7, Carbohydrate 34.4, Fiber 9.9, Sugar 12.3, Protein 13.6
CHILLED PEA, LETTUCE AND HERB SOUP
This elegant soup is sweet and heavenly. The texture is silky and the consistency thick -- but only because there are lots of peas in it. I used water rather than stock when I tested this recipe, and it worked just fine.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories weekday, soups and stews, appetizer
Yield Six regular servings or 12 aperitifs
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat in a large, heavy soup pot or Dutch oven. Add the leeks and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, until tender, about five minutes. Add the peas, lettuce and stock or water, and bring to a boil. Add salt to taste, reduce the heat, cover and simmer five minutes. Remove from the heat. Drain through a strainer set over a bowl, and allow the vegetables and the broth to cool for 15 minutes. Taste the broth, and season as desired.
- Working in batches, purée the vegetables and herbs in a blender with the broth and additional olive oil for two minutes until frothy and smooth. Pour into a bowl, and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings. Chill for several hours.
- Serve, garnishing with additional chives, tarragon and/or mint.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 260, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 31 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 13 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 915 milligrams, Sugar 11 grams
PEAS WITH LEMON AND TARRAGON
- Place peas, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan; add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer about 6 minutes. Drain.
- Return the drained peas to the saucepan and add all remaining ingredients. Toss well to coat. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 155.3, Fat 6.3, SaturatedFat 3.7, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 347.8, Carbohydrate 19, Fiber 6.3, Sugar 8, Protein 6.8
CHILLED PEA AND TARRAGON SOUP
- Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Add flour and stir 2 minutes. Gradually mix in broth. Add peas and chopped tarragon. Simmer until peas are very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain peas, reserving broth. Puree peas in processor. Add 1/2 cup broth and puree until smooth. Gradually blend in remaining broth. Transfer to medium bowl and refrigerate until well chilled. (Can be made 1 day ahead.)
- Season soup to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls. Garnish each with small amount of crème fraîche and tarragon leaves and serve.
More about "pea and lettuce pure with tarragon recipes"
BUTTERED PEAS AND LETTUCE WITH TARRAGON - RECIPE
Cuisine FrenchCategory First CourseServings 1Calories 110 per serving
EASY PEA & TARRAGON SOUP RECIPE - THE PURE FOOD CO
PEA SOUP - WIKIPEDIA
PEA, LETTUCE AND TARRAGON SOUP - MINDFOOD
PEA, LETTUCE & TARRAGON SOUP RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
PEA AND LETTUCE PUREE WITH TARRAGON RECIPE AND NUTRITION - EAT …
Servings 8Total Time 45 mins
SWEET PEA GNOCCHI WITH TARRAGON PEA CREAM - COLEY COOKS
LETTUCE, PEA AND TARRAGON SOUP RECIPE | VEGETARIAN RECIPES, …
CREAMY CHICKEN, PEAS & LETTUCE WITH TARRAGON
BRAISED LEEKS, PEAS, AND LETTUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SWEET PEA GNOCCHI WITH TARRAGON PEA CREAM - HONEST COOKING
PEA, LETTUCE AND TARRAGON SOUP | MINDFOOD - PINTEREST
BRAISED PEAS AND LETTUCE WITH TARRAGON OCEAN TROUT RECIPE 👌 WITH …
GREEN PEA AND LETTUCE SOUP WITH TARRAGON DUMPLINGS
PEA AND TARRAGON SOUP - THE CIRCUS GARDENER'S KITCHEN
LETTUCE, PEA & TARRAGON SOUP RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
ENGLISH PEA AND TARRAGON FRITATTA RECIPE - ¡HOLA! JALAPEÑO
BUTTERED PEAS AND LETTUCE WITH TARRAGON - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
CREAMY CHICKEN, PEAS & LETTUCE WITH TARRAGON - RECIPES
PEA SOUP WITH MINT AND TARRAGON - SPICE & KISSES
SPRING PEA SOUP WITH FENNEL AND TARRAGON - FEASTING AT HOME
PEAS WITH LEMON AND TARRAGON RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SNAP PEA-AND-LETTUCE SOUP - COUNTRY LIVING
DELICATE PEA AND LETTUCE SOUP WITH RICOTTA AND TARRAGON RECIPE | EAT ...
PEA PURéE WITH TARRAGON AND TRUFFLE - FOODIE FORAY
PEAS AND CARROT SOUP1.8K views-02:55
Lettuce and pea soup #veggies #green507 views-00:21
fresh lettuce vegetable short 2667 views-00:17
You'll also love