Tarts are special treats that show off summer fruits so sweetly. The pastry is rich, tender and crunchy, almost like a cookie. I use it for every type of tart I can think of. -Leanne Wheless, Borger, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water and egg yolks; stir until dough forms a ball. , Divide into eight portions; press onto the bottom and up the sides of eight 4-in. tart pans. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks., For filling, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in peaches and lemon juice., Spoon into tart shells. Chill until serving. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 557 calories, Fat 24g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 111mg cholesterol, Sodium 336mg sodium, Carbohydrate 78g carbohydrate (37g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
PEACH & ALMOND TART
- To make the pastry, rub together the flour and butter until it looks like fine breadcrumbs, then mix in the sugar. Add 1 egg yolk and 1 tsp water, followed by the next yolk and 1 tsp water until the dough just comes together. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface until big enough to line a 23cm tart tin. If the dough rips, simply patch it up. Cut away the excess pastry. Line with greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans, then bake for 10 mins. Remove paper and beans. Prick quite a few holes in the base of your tart, then bake for another 10-15 mins until biscuity.
- While the pastry cooks, make the filling. Whisk the sugar and butter together until you get a pale paste. Beat in the eggs and finally add the almonds and flour. Spoon into pastry case, arrange the peach slices across the top in a pattern and bake for 30-40 mins until golden. When cool, brush your preserve or jam across the top. Serve with a little pot of crème fraîche on the side and eat it quick before anyone else gets their hands on it!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 537 calories, Fat 37 grams fat, SaturatedFat 16 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 45 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 22 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 10 grams protein, Sodium 0.29 milligram of sodium
EASY PEACH TART
This recipe is too easy to believe! And over the years, I've come up with a few tricks to make it even easier. It's so tasty; your guests will never know how simple it was. Or let kids make it for you! Enjoy!
Provided by Sorrie_Lue
Yield 8-10 pieces
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place pie crust on a parment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Put the remaining ingredients, except the milk, into a large zip-close bag and shake until peaches are coated.
- "Dump" peach mixture into a mount in the center of the crust and "pat down" so the peaches are about 1 inch from the sides.
- Fold the lip of the pie crust over the edge of the peaches.
- Coat the edge of the crust with milk.
- Bake 35 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
- Allow to set before serving.
- (If your crust bakes faster than your peaches, just cover the it with some foil.).
PRETTY PEACH TART
When ripe peaches finally arrive at local fruit stands, this is the first recipe I reach for. The tart is perfection-a delightful way to celebrate spring's arrival! You can make the tart with other varieties of fruit, too. -Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter, sugar and nutmeg until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in flour until blended (mixture will be dry). Press firmly onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom., Place on a baking sheet. Bake on a middle oven rack until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack., In a large bowl, toss peaches with sugar, flour, cinnamon and extract; add to crust. Sprinkle with almonds., Bake tart on a lower oven rack until crust is golden brown and peaches are tender, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222 calories, Fat 8g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 46mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
Store bought pastry dough makes this dessert a snap to make. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on each slice.
Provided by Charlotte J
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the peaches, sugar and flour; toss to mix.
- Add lemon juice and stir to combine.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry into a 15-inch round, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place the pastry on an ungreased baking sheet and spoon the peaches into the center, leaving about 2 inches uncovered around the perimeter.
- The fruit will be stacked high but will reduce in volume as it cooks.
- Fold the uncovered edges of the pastry up to cover as much of the fruit as possible, pinching and tucking the dough as necessary.
- Dot the top of the fruit with the butter pieces.
- Bake until the pastry is puffed and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Do not undercook.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot.
FRESH PEACH TART
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll out pastry and line a nine-inch tart pan. Prick the bottom, line with foil and weight with dry beans or pastry weights. Bake for about six minutes, until the pastry looks dry but has not begun to color. Remove foil and continue baking about six minutes longer, until the pastry is pale gold. Remove from oven and lower to 375 degrees.
- Slice peaches uniformly about one-half-inch thick and toss in a bowl with lemon juice.
- Combine pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix half this mixture with the flour and spread on the bottom of the tart shell. Arrange the peaches slightly overlapping in a pattern over the pecan mixture. Sprinkle with the other half of the pecan mixture and dot with butter.
- Bake about 30 minutes, until the filling begins to bubble. Allow to cool until barely warm and serve with whipped cream.
- Make pastry:
- Cut butter into bits and freeze. In a food processor pulse together flour, sugar, and salt. Add frozen butter and pulse mixture just until it resembles coarse meal. Add 4 tablespoons ice water and pulse until barely combined. Transfer dough to a bowl and stir in just enough ice water to form a ball. Flatten dough into a 6-inch disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Make filling:
- In food processor blend filling ingredients until very smooth. Filling may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring filling to room temperature before using.
- Halve dough. On a lightly floured surface roll out 1 piece of dough (keeping other piece chilled) into a 12-inch square (about 1/8 inch thick). Using a 5-inch saucer or plate as a guide, cut out 4 rounds and transfer to a baking sheet. Roll and cut out 4 more rounds from remaining dough in same manner, transferring to another baking sheet. Prick rounds all over with a fork and chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Halve and pit peaches and slice thin. Spread each round evenly with about 1 1/2 tablespoons filling, leaving about a 1/4-inch border, and arrange peach slices, overlapping slightly, over filling. Cut butter into bits. Sprinkle each tart with about 1/2 tablespoon sugar and dot with butter. Bake tarts in upper and lower thirds of oven, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, 25 to 35 minutes, or until crusts are golden and peaches are tender.
- Serve tarts warm with accompaniments.
More about "peachy tart recipes"
5-INGREDIENT PEACH TART - JUST A TASTE
4.7/5 (6)Total Time 27 minsCategory DessertCalories 265 per serving
- Unfold the puff pastry onto the baking sheet. Lightly score the dough by cutting a border 1 inch from the edges (do not cut through the pastry). Prick the pastry all over with a fork. Arrange the peach slices so that they are slightly overlapping each other in three rows inside the border.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg with 2 teaspoons water. Brush the eggwash around the edges of the tart. Bake the tart for 15 to 17 minutes until it is golden and puffed. Remove the tart and let it cool slightly then dust it with confectioners' sugar and serve.
PEACH CUSTARD TART RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
4.7/5 (24)Calories 310 per servingServings 8
- Combine butter and 1/3 cup sugar in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add 1 1/4 cups flour and almond extract; beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Press dough onto bottom and up sides of ungreased 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Prick bottom and sides of crust with fork. Bake 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove crust from oven; arrange peach slices over hot, partially baked crust.
RUSTIC PEACH TART RECIPE - EVERYDAY DISHES BAKING
4.3/5 (58)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory DessertCalories 331 per serving
- To make the crust, combine flour, salt and cold butter cubes in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse several times until cubes become the size of peas. Transfer the flour mixture to a large mixing bowl and add ⅓ cup of ice-cold water. Stir gently, adding additional water if necessary, until dough forms a ball that is moist, but not sticky. Remove dough and wrap it with plastic wrap then shape into a round disk. Chill in the fridge at least 45 minutes.
- Once dough has chilled, preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove dough from the fridge and place on a floured work surface. Roll the crust into a circle 14–16" in diameter, dusting with flour as needed to prevent sticking. Roll the dough around the rolling pin (to prevent dough from cracking) and lay it out flat on the baking sheet.
- To make the filling, toss the sliced peaches, sugar, lime juice, cornstarch and salt in a large bowl until the cornstarch is completely dissolved. Spoon the filling into the center of the crust, leaving a 2" border all the way around. Fold the crust over the filling then brush some egg wash under any dough that overlaps—it’ll help the folds stick to one another. Dot the top of the filling with butter then brush the entire surface of the crust with the remaining egg wash.
- Bake 20 minutes then rotate the pan and bake an additional 20–25 minutes. When the crust is golden brown and the center is piping hot and bubbly, remove the tart from the oven.
PEACH TART RECIPE
5/5 (2)Category DessertCuisine FilipinoTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- In a bowl, mix sifted flour, icing sugar, salt, butter and egg until become dough and knead. Sprinkle some flour to your working area and knead it to form a ball and wrap in a cling film. Refrigerate the dough for about 25 to 30 minutes or until it is in a workable state.
- When the dough is ready knead on a floured surface and cut into 12 portions. Press dough on prepared tins and prick with fork. Refrigerate and let it rest for another 20 minutes before baking. Bake in a preheated oven at 350F, for about 15-18 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Let it cool down completely before removing from the tin to avoid breaking the crust. (You can bake the crust ahead of time and store in a plastic container until later use.)
- Heat the milk in a saucepan just until boils then fire off. In a bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar until smooth, then add vanilla extract. Add sifted flour and corn flour and whisk to combine. Add the hot milk, 4 tablespoons to temper the egg mixture and whisk vigorously. Pour the tempered egg mixture back in saucepan and heat over a low fire. Whisk constantly to avoid lumps and stir until thickens. Fire off and let it cool completely. Meanwhile, in another small saucepan, combine peach syrup and sugar, heat over low fire and let it simmer until becomes think syrup. Fire off and set aside to cool completely.
RUSTIC PEACH TART | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.5/5 (31)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsServings 1Calories 270 per serving
- To make the crust: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, buttermilk powder, and salt., Mix in the cold butter and shortening until the dough is crumbly., Sprinkle ice water over the mixture 1 tablespoon at a time while tossing with a fork.
- Add more water if it crumbles and won't hold together., Flatten into a disk, wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer., Preheat the oven to 450°F., To make the filling: Whisk together the sugar, Instant ClearJel, nutmeg, and salt., Add the peaches and a few of the raspberries, tossing to combine.
- Set aside., Roll the chilled dough on a well-floured work surface or silicone rolling mat into a 14" circle., Use a knife or pizza wheel to trim the edges in a scalloped design., Move the crust to a baking pan or pie pan; a giant spatula works well here., Fill the center with the peach mixture., Fold the edges of the crust up over the peaches, leaving the center uncovered., Bake the tart for 40 to 45 minutes, until the crust is golden., Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with the remaining fresh raspberries., Serve warm, with whipped cream or ice cream.
PEACH TART RECIPE - COOKING | ADD A PINCH | ROBYN STONE
Reviews 5Servings 6Cuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
- Place pastry in oven and bake until puffed and golden brown, approximately 10 minutes. Remove from oven and press center of the pastry flat up to the point where scored in step 2. This creates an edge for the dessert.
PEACH TART RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
BEST PEACH TART RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE FRESH PEACH TARTE
Reviews 653Servings 8Cuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
PEACH PANNA COTTA TART RECIPE | BAKING LIKE A CHEF
Reviews 18Category TartsCuisine FrenchTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 355 F/180 C. To make the cookie crust, place shortbread fingers in the bowl of a food processor and crush till bread crumb consistency. Add melted butter and mix well. Transfer the preparation into a fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Using your hands, pat out crumbs, so they cover the bottom and sides of the pan to meet the edge. Then bake for 10 minutes. Remove the cookie crust from the oven and place it straight in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- , bring milk, 400 g whipping cream, and sugar to a boil. Take the saucepan out of the heat and add fresh or dried lemon verbena leaves to infuse 15 minutes. Soak gelatin sheets in cold water 10 minutes. Drain milk mixture to get verbena leaves. Add the drained gelatin and mix until completely dissolved. Let it cool and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 100 g whipping cream until medium peaks, add to the main mixture, and combine with a rubber spatula. Gently pour the panna cotta filling into the cooled/partially frozen cookie crust and bring to freeze for about one hour until panna cotta is set.
- , preheat oven to 320 F/160 F. Cut peaches into 3/8-inch/1 cm-thick slice and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and bake for 8 minutes. Remove fruit slices from the oven and let cool. Keep the peach syrup around the fruits.
EASY PEACH TARTLETS RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (24)Category EasyCuisine $4-$6Total Time 44 mins
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Thaw pastry 20 minutes at room temp, or until you can unfold the pastry. Cut into 9 equal sized squares and place on parchment lined baking sheet, spacing 1-inch apart.
- Slice peaches into 1/3" thick slices and place in a medium mixing bowl. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp sugar, 1 Tbsp flour, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp vanilla and gently fold together with a spatula.
- Layer 3 to 4 peach slices over the center of each pastry square. Avoid getting peach juice on pastry edges. Brush pastry edges generously with beaten egg. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
RUSTIC PEACH TARTLETS | RICARDO
5/5 (16)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory DessertsCalories 405 per serving
- In a food processor, pulse the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the butter and pulse until the butter is the size of peas. Add the egg and yogurt. Pulse until the dough just starts to hold together. Add water if necessary. Remove the dough from the food processor and shape into a log. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- With the rack in the bottom position, preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
PEACH TART (EXTRA FLAKY PIE CRUST) - RASA MALAYSIA
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory Baking RecipesCalories 196 per serving
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix the flour, salt and butter on low speed for 2 minutes, slowly add ice water until the dough becomes a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead 2 or 3 times, just until it comes together. Pat the dough into a disk. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough into a 16- to 17-inch round about 1/4 inch thick. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough around the rolling pin and transfer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Peach Filling: wash and, if needed, rub the peaches to remove any fuzz. Cut the peaches in half, remove the pits, and cut into thick 1-inch slices. Place the peach slices in a large bowl and season with the salt. Then add 3 tablespoons sugar and gently toss to combine. Arrange the peach slices on the pastry, placing them as close together without overlapping the slices too much. Leave about a two inch wide outside border. Gently fold the edges of the pastry up and over the peaches, pleating as necessary. Make sure to seal any cracks in the pastry.
RUSTIC PEACH TART RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
3.5/5 (334)Total Time 1 hrServings 8Calories 256 per serving
- Heat oven to 425° F. Rinse the peaches and pat dry. Do not peel them. Cut each one in half, discarding the pits. Slice the fruit into wedges about 1/2 inch thick. In a large bowl, combine the flour, ginger, nutmeg, and 3/4 cup of the sugar. Add the peaches and toss.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Arrange the peaches in the center of the dough. Fold the outer edge of the dough over the peaches, allowing it to fall into pleats, leaving the center of the tart uncovered.
- Lightly brush the dough with water and sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Reduce oven to 350° F and bake until the juices bubble and thicken, about 30 minutes more. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
EASY PEACH TART RECIPE - MASHED.COM
5/5 (36)Total Time 35 minsCategory DessertCalories 321 per serving
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop the peaches into the center of a pie crust, leaving about 1 to 2 inches of crust around the border. Be sure not to include all the liquid.
WHITE PEACH TART RECIPE - MARCO CANORA | FOOD & WINE
5/5 Total Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 8
- Preheat the oven to 375° and position a rack in the lower third of the oven. In a food processor, combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and butter and pulse to blend. Add the whole egg and egg yolk and process until a soft dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a work surface and knead just until it comes together. Press the dough evenly over the bottom and up the side of a 10 1/2-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the preserves on the dough and arrange the peach wedges in concentric circles on top. Bake for 20 minutes, until the peaches are barely tender and the crust is still a bit pale. Brush the remaining 2 tablespoons of preserves over the peaches and bake for about 30 minutes longer, until the peaches are tender and the crust is golden. Immediately dust the tart with confectioners' sugar and let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
PEACHY TART RECIPE | SWEET TART RECIPES | SBS FOOD
3.2/5 (2)Servings 8-10Cuisine AustralianCategory Dessert
PEACH TART RECIPE EASY - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
RUSTIC PEACH TART RECIPE - HILLCOUNTRYPEACHES.COM
HOW TO GET PEACH TART DIY RECIPE AND INGREDIENTS | ACNH ...
PAULA DEEN'S PEACH TART RECIPE
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #pies-and-tarts #tarts #desserts #fruit #summer #seasonal #pitted-fruit #peaches #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you need to make a peach tart?Every cook needs a good dessert recipe that can be whipped up anywhere -- especially when you're away from your kitchen and its mixer and rolling pin and comforting gadgets. This peach tart is that recipe for me. To make it all you need is a knife, a bowl, and some kind of pan.
How do you bake a peach tart with raspberries?Fill the center with the peach mixture. Fold the edges of the crust up over the peaches, leaving the center uncovered. Bake the tart for 40 to 45 minutes, until the crust is golden. Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with the remaining fresh raspberries. Serve warm, with whipped cream or ice cream.
What is the best way to make a pecan tart?Fit pastry circles into greased tart tins. In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, butter or margarine, corn syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix well, then stir in pecans. Pour an equal amount of mixture into each pastry-lined tart tin. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes until pastry is golden brown and filling is set.
How do you make Peach pastry for a peach cake?Beat 1 egg in a small bowl and set aside. Slice peaches into 1/3" thick slices and place in a medium mixing bowl. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp sugar, 1 Tbsp flour, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp vanilla and gently fold together with a spatula. Layer 3 to 4 peach slices over the center of each pastry square. Avoid getting peach juice on pastry edges.