It sounds odd to say that a recipe's biggest problem is that it looks too good, but that's sort of the case with this pear clafoutis, a crustless custard fruit tart that often looks a lot sweeter and richer that it actually is. Usually made with cherries, this rustic French dessert adapts easily to any kind of seasonal fruit. If desired, brush top with warmed fruit preserves and honey and garnish with whipped cream, creme fraiche, or ice cream.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch baking dish generously with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Whisk eggs, 1/3 cup sugar, milk, salt, nutmeg, vanilla extract, almond extract, and flour together in a bowl for batter.
- Reserve 12 to 14 pear slices for topping and add remaining pear slices to the prepared baking dish. Pour batter over pears in the baking dish and top with almonds. Shake and tap the dish gently on the countertop to let mixture settle. Lay reserved pear slices flat on top. Melt remaining butter and brush over pears. Sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden, fruit is soft, and custard is set, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature before serving, or serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218 calories, Carbohydrate 28.3 g, Cholesterol 81.2 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 115.4 mg, Sugar 16.4 g
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Butter a 10 1/2-inch round baking dish or pie plate. Fan pear slices out in a single layer in the bottom.
- Beat eggs and sugar together using an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in heavy cream, flour, kirsch, lemon zest, vanilla extract, cardamom, and salt on low speed until batter is smooth. Set batter aside to rest, about 15 minutes.
- Pour batter over the pears in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set and golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool briefly, about 15 minutes. Serve warm, sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 339.3 calories, Carbohydrate 34.8 g, Cholesterol 134.7 mg, Fat 20 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 11.8 g, Sodium 126.9 mg, Sugar 25 g
PEAR AND DRIED CHERRY CLAFOUTI
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a 10-inch ceramic tart dish or 9 1/2-inch pie plate. Dust with flour, and tap out excess; set aside. Put cherries in a medium bowl, and cover with boiling water by 1 inch. Let stand until plump, about 10 minutes.
- Cut pear lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices; fan over bottom of prepared dish. Blend milk, cream, eggs, vanilla, sugar, flour, and salt in a blender until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour batter over pear.
- Drain cherries; sprinkle over batter. Bake until golden and set, about 25 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut into wedges.
CRANBERRY PEAR CLAFOUTI
A very pleasant breakfast treat, from Morning Glories by Donna Leahy. Simple, with lovely flavor. This fruit combination is quite nice, but other fruits you have on hand would work as well.
Provided by pattikay in L.A.
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375. Butter a 9 inch glass pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar till lightly colored.
- Whisk in the flour and half and half. Stir in the melted butter.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie plate.
- Arrange the pears in the batter (you can leave the pears in halves, but I cubed mine) and surround with cranberries.
- If desired, dust top with sugar and cinnamon (or whatever spices you like - I added in some allspice as well).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or till the pears are tender and the custard is lightly browned.
- Cool slightly and serve.
- (The original recipe says this serves 6-8, but 3 of us polished it off at breakfast quite easily).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329, Fat 16, SaturatedFat 9.2, Cholesterol 143.6, Sodium 114.5, Carbohydrate 43.8, Fiber 4.6, Sugar 29.6, Protein 5.5
- Using electric mixer, beat 2 tablespoons sugar, mascarpone, 1/4 cup whipping cream, and 1 tablespoon kirsch in medium bowl until peaks form. Cover and chill topping until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously butter 10-inch glass pie dish; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar to coat. Arrange cherries in single layer in dish. Place eggs and 3/4 cup sugar in large bowl. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; discard bean. Whisk until blended and frothy. Whisk in 3/4 cup sour cream, milk, remaining 1/4 cup cream, and 1 tablespoon kirsch. Sift flour over and whisk to blend. Pour batter over cherries. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake clafouti until puffed, golden brown, and set in center, about 35 minutes. Serve directly from dish either warm or at room temperature with mascarpone topping.
More about "pear and dried cherry clafouti recipes"
BEST CHERRY CLAFOUTIS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHERRY …
CLASSIC FRENCH CHERRY CLAFOUTIS - PARDON YOUR FRENCH
CHERRY CLAFOUTIS RECIPE - CLASSIC FRENCH CHERRY CLAFOUTIS
PEAR AND DRIED CRANBERRY CLAFOUTIS - RECIPE
FRENCH PEAR CLAFOUTIS (CLAFOUTIS AUX POIRES) RECIPE
PEAR AND DRIED CHERRY CLAFOUTI RECIPE - DELISH
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
25 BEST CHERRY RECIPES | WHAT TO MAKE WITH CHERRIES | RECIPES, …
PEAR AND DRIED CHERRY CLAFOUTI - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
PEAR AND DRIED CHERRY CLAFOUTI - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
CHERRY CLAFOUTI - CARNATION MILK
CHERRY CLAFOUTIS | RICARDO
VICTORY RECIPES: PEAR CLAFOUTI
CHERRY CLAFOUTIS | TASTE OF THE PLACE
PEAR AND DRIED CHERRY CLAFOUTI - MASTERCOOK
PEAR AND DRIED CHERRY CLAFOUTI RECIPE - GLAVPORTAL
PEAR AND DRIED CHERRY CLAFOUTI | DESSERT RECIPES EASY, FRENCH …
PEAR AND DRIED CHERRY CLAFOUTI FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
RECIPE: PEAR AND DRIED CHERRY CLAFOUTI - HOUZZ.COM
BEST PEAR CLAFOUTI RECIPES | BAREFOOT CONTESSA | FOOD NETWORK …
DELICIOUS CHERRY CLAFOUTIS - SIDEWALK SHOES
PEAR AND CHERRY CLAFOUTI | DESSERTS, RECIPES, DESSERT RECIPES
PEAR AND DRIED CHERRY CLAFOUTI RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | DRIED ...
CLASSIC CHERRY CLAFOUTIS - STEMILT
PEAR CHERRY CLAFOUTI & THE NBCC - CAITLIN BALL
PEAR AND DRIED CHERRY CLAFOUTI RECIPE
PEAR CLAFOUTIS - CAROLINE'S COOKING
FRENCH CHERRY CLAFOUTIS (CLASSIC RECIPE) - DEL'S COOKING TWIST
CHERRY CLAFOUTIS - MAKE MINE LEMON
HOW TO MAKE EASY FRENCH CHERRY CLAFOUTIS RECIPE
PEAR AND DRIED CHERRY TART RECIPES - EASY RECIPES
JULIA CHILD'S CHERRY CLAFOUTI - CHEF JOHN ASH
PEAR CLAFOUTI - THE DIZZY COOK
PEAR CLAFOUTI RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
MICHELLEPHANT'S RECIPE BOX: PEAR AND DRIED CHERRY CLAFOUTI
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a clafouti with Pears?Transfer the dish to a heatproof surface and arrange the pears over the hot batter. Pour the remaining batter over the pears and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle the confectioners’ sugar over the finished clafouti and serve it warm. Other fruits to consider are summer apricots.
How to bake Cherry clafoutis in oven?In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, Kirsch (optional). Add the flour and salt, and whisk until smooth. Place the cherries at the bottom of the prepared dish (or a handful at the bottom of each individual dish). Pour batter over top. Bake for 1 hour (or 40 minutes for individual clafoutis).
How to make a cherry pie?1 : Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Butter a 10” (25 cm) pie plate. 2 : Beat sugar and eggs on medium-high speed for about 3 minutes until mixture thickens and lightens in colour. Turn speed to low and add evaporated milk, vanilla and flour. Mix until combined. Let batter rest in bowl for 10 minutes. 3 : Place cherries in pie plate.
What kind of cherries do you use for clafoutis?In France, a clafoutis will traditionally be made with black cherries or the Bigarreau Cherry, a hard-fleshed pale cherry that is often used in baking and for the making or jams of candies. When in Canada, I use tart cherries, such as Montmorency, or sweet ones like Bing Cherries as a substitute.