AMISH PEAR CRUMB PIE
Simple ingredients go into making this delicious Amish Pear Crumb Pie. Fresh sliced pears mixed with cinnamon and spices, then topped with a sweet crumb mixture, and baked to perfection.
Provided by Lisa
Number Of Ingredients 10
- To make this pear pie, you'll need a 9 inch deep dish frozen pie crust, thawed. I take the crust out when I am ready to peel and slice the pears. It thaws perfectly by the time I need it. If you're using a refrigerated crust, take it out when you are ready to prepare the pears. Once thawed, place crust inside a 9 inch glass pie pan.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, this will be for easy clean up. Place pie crust pan on baking sheet. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel, core and slice the pears into thin slices, about 1/4 inch thick. Place sliced pears into large bowl. Add the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; gently mix together.
- Spread into pie crust; set aside. You will have a "mound" of pears in this pie. This is normal, the pears will bake down and be perfect.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cold butter (cut into small cubes), flour, and brown sugar with two butter knives, pastry knife or clean hands (a small food processor works well, too) until you have coarse crumbs. Sprinkle crumb mixture over the pears. I lightly pack the crumb mixture down so it will stick to the pears and not too much falls off.
- Bake pie for 15 -20 minutes. Then check to see if the topping is getting too brown. If so, cover with foil and bake another 20 minutes or until pears are tender and cooked through. If the pie isn't brown enough, no need to cover it at this point, but check it after about another 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on wire rack before slicing. I like to chill the pie once it's cooled before slicing so that the filling sets a bit but it's not required.
PEAR CRUMBLE PIE
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, gently toss pears, 3/4 cup of the sugar, the lemon peel and lemon juice. Spoon into frozen pie crust.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, the nutmeg, cinnamon and mace. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture looks like coarse meal. Sprinkle evenly over pears. Place pie on cookie sheet.
- Bake 1 hour or until pears are tender and topping is lightly browned. Cool on cooling rack about 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340, Carbohydrate 64 g, Fat 2, Fiber 5 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 100 mg
PEAR CRUMBLE PIE
I couldn't really imagine a pear pie until I bit into this succulent dessert. The sweet crumb topping is wonderful and the filling is a nice change from apple. Try it with a scoop of low-fat frozen yogurt. -Ruth Ann Stelfox of Raymond, Alberta
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; add the pears and toss gently to coat. Spoon into pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pie. , Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until pears are tender and topping is golden brown. Cover edges loosely with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300 calories, Fat 10g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 13mg cholesterol, Sodium 131mg sodium, Carbohydrate 51g carbohydrate (27g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
PEAR CRUMB PIE
"My guests find this pear filling and crumb topping a delightful change of pace from other fruit pies," relates Cathy Cremers of Pottstown, Pennsylvania.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Sprinkle with water; toss until mixture is moist enough to shape into a ball. On a floured surface, roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie pan. Flute edges. Combine filling ingredients; spoon into the crust. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. For topping, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. bake 40 minutes longer. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 459 calories, Fat 20g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 20mg cholesterol, Sodium 271mg sodium, Carbohydrate 67g carbohydrate (36g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
PEAR-APPLE CRUMBLE PIE
- Prepare the crust: Roll out the dough into a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Ease into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold the overhanging dough under itself and crimp the edge with a fork or your fingers. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Peel and thinly slice the pears and apples and transfer to a large microwave-safe bowl; add the dried fruit, honey, granulated sugar, flour, lemon zest and juice, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave until the apples and pears are tender and juicy, 5 to 7 minutes. Refrigerate until cold, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Make the topping: Whisk the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Using your fingers, work the butter into the oat mixture until small clumps form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the pie crust on a baking sheet. Add the filling, slightly mounding it in the center. Press the crumble topping evenly over the filling. Bake until the topping is browned and the filling is bubbling, about 1 1/2 hours. (Tent with foil if the topping browns too quickly.) Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
FRENCH PEAR PIE
Fruit pies always make a good dessert, I think. Based on the reviews, I don't think any changes are necessary for this adopted recipe. The reviewer's suggestion of lemon juice instead of orange juice is a great idea if you're like me and always have lemons or lemon juice but rarely keep orange juice in the house.
Provided by GrandmaIsCooking
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine the pears, orange juice concentrate and lemon rind in a bowl and toss lightly.
- Arrange the pear mixture in the unbaked pie shell.
- Prepare the Spicy Crumb Topping (instructions below) and sprinkle over the pear mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree F. oven for 40 minutes or until the pears are tender.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil after 30 minutes if the top becomes too brown.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
- SPICY CRUMB TOPPING:
- Combine the flour, sugar, spices and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in the margarine, using a pastry blender, until the mixture is crumbly.
FRENCH PEAR PIE
This is one of my family's greatest recipes. It is about 30 times better than apple pie, especially if you use fresh nutmeg. You can certainly substitute the pears for peaches too, if they're in season. Let cool or serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Provided by Ingrid F
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Sprinkle pears with lemon juice in a bowl. Mix white sugar and nutmeg in a separate small bowl; sprinkle over pears and mix thoroughly.
- Fit pie crust into the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish. Cut butter, brown sugar, and flour together in a bowl using a pastry cutter until mixture resembles crumbs. Spoon pear mixture into pie shell and sprinkle top with brown sugar mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake until filling is bubbling and crumble topping is lightly browned, about 35 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 464.6 calories, Carbohydrate 72.6 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 19.4 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 3.8 g, SaturatedFat 9.2 g, Sodium 203.1 mg, Sugar 41.1 g
FRESH PEAR PIE
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place a baking sheet on the bottom oven rack.
- Combine sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, and lemon zest in mixing bowl. Roll out half the pastry and line a 9-inch pie pan.
- Arrange pear slices in layers in the pastry-lined pan, sprinkling the sugar mixture over each layer. Dot with butter and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Roll out remaining dough for the top crust. Use your finger dipped in a small bowl of water to moisten the rim of the bottom crust. Place top crust over filling, and trim edge using kitchen shears or a sharp paring knife. Fold edge under bottom crust, pressing to seal. Flute edge. Cut slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 35 to 40 minutes longer. Allow to cool several hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360.3 calories, Carbohydrate 51.6 g, Cholesterol 3.8 mg, Fat 16.5 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 317.8 mg, Sugar 22.7 g
FRESH PEAR CRUMBLE PIE
This is a most delicious pie. It's a heritage recipe and I've been using it for the last few summers in using up bumper pear crops. If pears are scarce, you can use canned pears.
Provided by woodland hues
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Fill pie shell with sliced pears.
- Mix together 1/4 cup of the sugar,the salt, cornstarch, lemon rind, and lemon juice and spread over the pears.
- Mix together remaining sugar, spices and flour and add to butter.
- Stir with a fork until crumbly and sprinkle over pears.
- Bake at 450F for 15 minutes, reducing to 350F to bake about 30 minutes more.
PEAR AND HAZELNUT CRUMB PIE
- For filling:
- Stir first 6 ingredients in large bowl. Add pears and toss to coat.
- For topping
- Whisk flour, sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Mix in nuts.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spoon pear filling into pie crust. Sprinkle topping evenly over filling. Bake pie 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Continue baking pie until pears are tender and filling is bubbling thickly, covering edges with foil if crust is browning too quickly, about 1 hour 5 minutes longer. Cool pie on rack at least 2 hours. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
More about "pear crumb pie recipes"
PEAR CRUMB PIE - COUNTRY LIVING
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 1 minServings 8-10Total Time 2 hrs 20 mins
- Roll out half the dough on a lightly floured sheet of parchment paper to 1/4-inch thickness (about a 12-inch circle).
CRUMBLE TOP FOR APPLE PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
APPLE-PEAR CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - COOKING WITH LIBBY
A NEW KIND OF PEAR PIE TO SERVE AT YOUR HOLIDAY TABLE
PEAR CRUMB PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
PEAR-CRANBERRY PIE WITH CRUMB TOPPING RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
PEAR PIE - MOSTLY HOMEMADE MOM
NO. 35 - PEAR CRUMB PIE | RECIPE | FRUIT RECIPES, PEAR RECIPES, FOOD
PEAR PIE RECIPE WITH CRUMB TOPPING | HILDA'S KITCHEN BLOG
APPLE PEAR CRUMB PIE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CRUMB TOPPING PEAR PIE RECIPE - GRACE IN MY SPACE
PEAR CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE
PEAR & PECAN CRUMBLE PIE - FOOD FOR NET
BOURBON PEAR CRUMBLE PIE - JOY THE BAKER
BEST PEAR CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PEAR PIE WITH …
BEST PEAR AND BERRY CRUMB PIE RECIPE - HOW TO BAKE PEAR AND …
PEAR CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PEACH CRUMB PIE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
DELICIOUS PEAR PIE CRUMBLE BARS RECIPE - CRAZY FOR CRUST
CRANBERRY-PEAR CRUMB PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
NO. 35 - PEAR CRUMB PIE - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
BOURBON PEAR PIE WITH CRUMBLE TOPPING | FINDING TIME FOR COOKING
CRANBERRY PEAR CRUMBLE PIE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
PEAR CHOCOLATE CRUMBLE PIE - THE LITTLEST CRUMB
PEAR CRUMBLE PIE | A HINT OF HONEY
PEAR CRUMB PIE | RECIPE CART
PEAR CRUMB PIE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RECIPE FOR PEAR CRUMBLE PIE | DEPORECIPE.CO
PEAR CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
SALTED CARAMEL PEAR CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE | NATURAL GROCERS
PEAR PIE | RECIPE | AMISH RECIPES, FOOD, PEAR RECIPES
CANNED PEAR STREUSEL PIE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PEAR-WALNUT CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
EASY PEAR CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - 100KRECIPES
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMB PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PEAR PIE - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #pies-and-tarts #desserts #fruit #pies #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #pears #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to bake pears in a pie?Directions. Spoon into pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pie. Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until pears are tender and topping is golden brown. Cover edges loosely with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack.
How do you make apple crumble with Pears?Toss the pears with 1/2 cup of the light brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and the little bits of unsalted butter (2 Tablespoons), and set aside. Make the crumble topping. In a food processor, add the rolled oats, 3/4 cup flour, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, pecans, salt, cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves.
How do you make pears with cornstarch?Peel, core and slice the pears into thin slices, about 1/4 inch thick. Place sliced pears into large bowl. Add the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; gently mix together. Spread into pie crust; set aside.
How to bake pears and cranberries in oven?Preheat oven to 365°F. Cut butter into 3/4 cup flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Add pears and cranberries, stirring to coat. Pour into prepared crust. Top evenly with pecan mixture. Place on an aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 365°F for 70 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown. Let cool completely on a wire rack.