"My husband and I enjoy these fritters with morning coffee," writes Kelly Cox, Fayetteville, North Carolina.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. In a saucepan, heat the milk, oil and honey to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until moistened. Add eggs; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in pear. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour., In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Roll in sugar while warm. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts :
We had a case of lovely O'Henry peaches and a fryer with leftover oil. Put two and two together and created this warm variation on various fruit fritter recipes. Kids loved 'em!
Provided by mtnfalcon
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt together in a bowl. Beat cream, vanilla yogurt, and egg together in a separate bowl until smooth. Pour flour mixture into cream mixture and mix until a sticky dough forms; fold in peaches.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough, working in batches, into the hot oil and fry until fritters are golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove fritters with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279 calories, Carbohydrate 22.1 g, Cholesterol 45.3 mg, Fat 19.6 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 204.2 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
APPLE & PEAR FRITTERS
Whisked egg whites in the batter give a light, golden coating to the fruit - delicious with vanilla ice cream
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Brunch, Dessert, Dinner
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Make the batter (see 'Goes well with', right) but first separate 2 of the eggs and set aside the 2 egg whites. When the batter is mixed, whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until they just start to hold their shape, then fold into the batter. Peel, core and cut the pears into wedges. Peel, core and cut the apple into rings and toss both in a little lemon juice to stop them going brown. Mix the cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 180C or in a wok until a drop of batter sizzles and turns golden within 20 secs. In batches, dip the fruit in the batter, then carefully fry in the oil until golden and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to drain onto kitchen paper, then toss in the sugar. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 707 calories, Fat 47 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 64 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 36 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 12 grams protein, Sodium 0.24 milligram of sodium
PEAR AND CHEDDAR FRITTERS
- Cut 3 thin vertical slices from opposite sides of each pear; discard cores. Alternating pear and cheese slices, place 2 cheese slices between 3 pear slices for each of 8 fritters. Holding each cheese-pear sandwich firmly together, coat lightly with flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs, coating completely and pressing crumbs to adhere.
- Pour oil into heavy large skillet to depth of 1 inch and heat to 350°F. Cook fritters in batches until golden, turning with slotted spoon, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
POACHED PEAR FRITTERS
- Poach pears
- In large saucepan over moderately high heat, stir together 4 cups water, orange juice, sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Bring to simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves, then add pears, cut sides up, in single layer. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pears are tender but not falling apart, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool pears in poaching liquid. (Pears can be poached ahead and refrigerated in poaching liquid, covered, up to 24 hours. Bring to room temperature before proceeding.)
- Remove pears from poaching liquid (reserve liquid) and slice lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick wedges.
- Strain liquid through fine-mesh sieve into small saucepan. Set over moderate heat and simmer, uncovered, until syrupy and reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Make batter
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In medium bowl, whisk together beer and egg. Whisk wet ingredients into dry.
- Fry fritters
- In heavy 6-quart pot over moderately high heat, heat 4 inches of oil until thermometer registers 350°F. Working in batches of 6 and returning oil to 350°F between batches, dip pear wedges into batter, transfer to hot oil, and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Transfer pears to platter, drizzle with syrup, and dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately.
OLD FASHIONED PEAR FRITTERS (WOK)
I know, I know, we shouldn't be eating fried foods. But once in a while you just want some plain old-fashioned good eats! If you don't have a wok, just use a frying pan or deep fryer. From Southern Living, Feb. 1986.
Provided by JenSmith
Yield 2 dozen (approx)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine 2 TB powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Slice pears 3/8 inch thick. Dip each slice in lemon juice mixture.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Combine beaten egg and milk; add to flour mixture, mixing well.
- Fill wok with oil half the depth of wok; heat to 360°F
- Dip pear slices in batter. Fry 1-2 minutes per side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 593, Fat 6.6, SaturatedFat 2.8, Cholesterol 117.1, Sodium 552.7, Carbohydrate 125.5, Fiber 14.7, Sugar 49.3, Protein 13.9
More about "pear fritters recipes"
PEAR FRITTERS RECIPE | WE ARE NOT MARTHA
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 6 minsCategory Dessert
- Place chopped pears on a paper towel lined baking sheet and pat dry with paper towels. This will remove excess moisture from the apples and keep fritters from getting soggy.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir pears into the flour mixture and toss until they’re well-coated.
PEAR FRITTERS RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
Servings 10Total Time 10 mins
PEAR FRITTERS - THROUGHTHEFIBROFOG
Cuisine American, BritishTotal Time 25 minsCategory Dessert, Snack
PEAR FRITTERS | RECIPESTY
RECIPE: FLUFFY PEAR FRITTERS STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES | HANDY.RECIPES
APPLE PEAR FRITTERS WITH HONEY GLAZE - BRITNEY BREAKS BREAD
PEAR FRITTERS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
PEA FRITTERS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
PEAR FRITTERS WITH FENNEL SUGAR RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
SWEET, CINNAMON SEASONED PEAR FRITTERS FOR AN ELEGANT …
CINNAMON PEAR FRITTERS | CANADIAN LIVING
OLD RECIPE FOR PEAR FRITTERS – A HUNDRED YEARS AGO
PEAR FRITTERS - KEVIN LEE JACOBS
PEAR FRITTERS - NEW DEAL DISTILLERY
PEAR FRITTERS | RECIPE | RECIPES, FRITTERS, PEAR RECIPES
25 OUTSTANDING FRITTER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PEAR FRITTERS WITH VANILLA CUSTARD - RECIPES | FOOBY.CH
PEAR FRITTERS WITH LEMON AND GINGER - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
APPLE-AND-PEAR FRITTER TRAYBAKE | WOOLWORTHS TASTE
FRESH PEAR FRITTERS WITH GINGER SUGAR RECIPE
PEAR FRITTERS | SALT AND SERENITY
PEAR SAUCE PUFF PASTRY FRITTERS (RISSOLES AUX POIRES)
23 EASY PEAR DESSERTS THEY'LL LOVE - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
PEAR FRITTERS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
ASIAN PEAR FRITTERS RECIPE - FOOD REPUBLIC
BARTLETT PEAR FRITTERS WITH SWEET LEMON RICOTTA - USA PEARS
PEAR FRITTERS WITH MAPLE-HONEY GLAZE | FINDING TIME FOR COOKING
FRESH PEAR FRITTERS WITH GINGER SUGAR RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PEAR FRITTERS | DONNA HAY
PEAR FRITTERS – RECIPES NETWORK
SPICED PEAR FRITTER - WILLIAMSON WINES
PEAR FRITTERS - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN RECIPES
PEAR FRITTERS WITH ORANGE GLAZE - THE LITTLE FERRARO KITCHEN
HOMEMADE PEACH FRITTERS - I AM BAKER
RECIPE: PEAR FRITTERS STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES | HANDY.RECIPES
10 BEST BAKED FRITTERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SWEET PEAR FRITTERS | LYMAN ORCHARDS
ASIAN PEAR FRITTERS - PLAIN.RECIPES
Pear Fritters Recipe by Paula Deen - What's Cooking Wednesday1.4K views-01:59
Apple-and-pear fritter traybake241 views-01:11
Easy apple, pear and banana fritters served with cream and cinnamon!544 views-03:02
Summer Vegetable Fritters | The Happy Pear93K views-05:43
SWEET POTATO FRITTER | VEGAN | THE HAPPY PEAR83K views-06:49
7 recipes to make the most delicious soft sweet fritters!2.4K views-12:44
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Peach fritters in a deep fryer?Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt together in a bowl. Beat cream, vanilla yogurt, and egg together in a separate bowl until smooth. Pour flour mixture into cream mixture and mix until a sticky dough forms; fold in peaches.
How do you cook pears in a deep fryer?Stir in pear. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides.
How to cook fritters in a deep fryer?Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt together in a bowl. Drop spoonfuls of the dough, working in batches, into the hot oil and fry until fritters are golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
How do you make a pear cake with 2 eggs?Make the batter (see 'Goes well with', right) but first separate 2 of the eggs and set aside the 2 egg whites. When the batter is mixed, whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until they just start to hold their shape, then fold into the batter. Peel, core and cut the pears into wedges.