PECAN-COCONUT SWEET POTATOES
It's great to be able to make a tempting sweet potato dish well ahead by putting it in the slow cooker. This tasty recipe includes sweet coconut and crunchy pecans. It's yummy! -Rebecca Clark, Warrior, Alabama
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Place sweet potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Drizzle with butter. , Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until sweet potatoes are tender. Turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle marshmallows over potatoes; let stand, covered, 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 230mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
COCONUT-PECAN SWEET POTATOES
These delicious sweet potatoes cook effortlessly in the slow cooker so you can tend to other things. Coconut gives the classic a fresh twist. -Raquel Haggard, Edmond, Oklahoma
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients; stir in melted butter. Place sweet potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with pecan mixture., Cook, covered, on low 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in extracts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 103mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
SWEET POTATO PECAN COCONUT CAKE
This is a great cake to serve at Thanksgiving for a small family of group of friends. This cake is so moist and tender it almost melts in your mouth. This is a single layer cake that I came across awhile back that was posted by Kelly in Evil Shenanigans. Check out her blog: evilshenanigans,com--
Provided by Pat Duran
Categories Other Breakfast
Number Of Ingredients 23
- 1. Heat oven to 350^ and spray an 8-inch cake pan with cooking spray. --- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment,cream together the brown sugar, oil and sweet potato puree until smooth and well blended. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until completely blended.
- 2. In a medium bowl whisk together flour,spices, baking powder , soda and salt. Alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk into the sweet potato mixture in 3 additions, ending with the flour. Fold in the coconut and pecans.
- 3. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 minutes or until the cake springs back when gently pressed in the center and the sides of the cake begin pulling away from the sides. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. Glaze: In a medium bowl whisk together all ingredients except the coconut and nuts. Using the cream as needed to make a glaze this is not to runny.
- 5. While glaze is still is still sticky sprinkle on the coconut and pecans. Allow to set for one hour before serving.
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH COCONUT
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Poke holes in the sweet potatoes with a fork, arrange the sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet. Grease an 11x7 inch glass baking dish.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 1 hour. Let cool, then mash in a large bowl. There should be approximately 3 2/3 cups of mashed sweet potato.
- Combine softened butter with brown sugar, nuts, coconut and flour; stir with a fork. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, eggs, milk, orange peel, butter, vanilla, salt with the mashed sweet potatoes. Beat the mixture with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the brown sugar-nut mixture over the top of the mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 443.6 calories, Carbohydrate 57.4 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fat 23.3 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 9.8 g, Sodium 264 mg, Sugar 42.9 g
SWEET POTATO PIE WITH CANDIED PECANS AND COCONUT
Extra-vibrant garnet yams lend bright color and silky texture to this special holiday pie. Regular sweet potatoes are also delicious in this recipe and just as sweet and moist, but the color of the filling will be a little more muted.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- For the crust: Pulse the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in the bowl of a food processor until combined. Add half of the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles fine cornmeal. Add the remaining butter and continue pulsing until no pieces are larger than peas. Add 2 tablespoons of the ice water and pulse until combined. Add just enough of the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons ice water, a little at a time, and pulse until the dough just comes together and holds its shape when squeezed. Turn the dough out onto a large sheet of plastic wrap, gather into a disc and wrap well. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to an 11-inch circle and fit it into a 9-inch pie plate. Crimp the edges and refrigerate the dough until chilled, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prick the bottom and sides of the crust several times with the tines of a fork. Fit a piece of aluminum foil over the crust and fill the foil with pie weights or dry beans. Bake until the edges of the crust are golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the foil and weights, return the crust to the oven and continue to bake until the bottom of the crust is lightly golden and no longer shiny, 10 to 15 minutes longer. Cool completely.
- For the filling: While the crust cools, use a fork to prick the yams all over. Place them on a rimmed baking sheet and roast with the oven still at 350 degrees F until very soft, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Peel and mash until very smooth; you should have about 2 cups. Transfer the mash to a medium bowl and add the cream, brown sugar, vanilla, allspice, ginger, salt and eggs. Whisk just until smooth. Gently tap the bottom of the bowl a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Pour the filling into the cooled crust and bake until the center of the pie is set and no longer shiny, 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes; if the edges of the crust brown too quickly, cover them loosely with foil. Transfer the pie to a wire rack to cool.
- For the topping: Heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat until melted. Stir in the brown sugar, vanilla and salt, stirring until the mixture starts to bubble. Stir in the pecans and cook until the nuts are toasted and have absorbed most of the buttery sugar mixture, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and gently stir in the coconut. Spoon over the pie and press gently to adhere to the filling. Let stand at least 20 minutes to cool. Serve the pie with whipped cream if desired.
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE W/COCONUT PECAN TOPPING
My partner's wife sent this last year to our Thanksgiving luncheon at work. It was hit there and a hit at my house. I just love it!
Provided by Mysterygirl
Categories Yam/Sweet Potato
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Mix all of the casserole ingredients in a mixer until smooth, then spread in a buttered dish.
- Mix well topping ingredients and add melted butter.
- Sprinkle on top of the potatoes.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
COCONUT WHIPPED SWEET POTATOES WITH MAPLE-PECAN DRIZZLE
Sweet potatoes simmered in coconut milk until tender, whipped until smooth, and topped with a warm maple syrup and pecan mixture. Dairy-free and delicious!
Provided by Kare for Kitchen Treaty
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place a large pot over medium heat. Add the sweet potatoes, coconut milk, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne, cloves, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and remove lid. Let cool until a bit safer to handle - I give it about 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooling a bit, make the maple-pecan drizzle. Place the pecans and 1/3 cup maple syrup in a small saucepan and set over low heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until warm and bubbling, a couple of minutes (depending on your stove top). Remove from heat.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the potatoes, starting on low speed and then gradually increasing to high speed to help decrease splatter. Be careful! Note that if you have a non-stick pan, you may want to transfer the potatoes to a bowl first so you don't risk getting any teflon in your potatoes. Teflon potatoes bad!
- Taste the potatoes and add more salt if desired. Scoop into a serving bowl and spoon the warm maple-pecan drizzle over the top. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 /8 of recipe, Calories 237 kcal, Sugar 20 g, Sodium 174 mg, Fat 5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Carbohydrate 48 g, Fiber 6 g, Protein 3 g
COCONUT-PECAN SWEET POTATOES
While living with my elderly grandparents, I tried my best to prepare things my grandfather would eat. Basically, he'd quit eating and just decided that he would give up on living. He loved sweet potatoes and I fixed them at least three times a week, trying out different ways to serve them. While rummaging through the cabinets, I came across a can of coconut pecan frosting usually used on a German Chocolate Cake. Since I didn't have a cake mix, I decided to try something a bit different. This is what the result was. Deeelish...and elegant enough for the fanciest dinner party or simple enough for Sunday dinner.
Provided by Redneck Epicurean
Categories Yam/Sweet Potato
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In an oven-safe casserole, place the potatoes in and dot with the cubes of butter.
- Microwave the frosting for approximately 30-45 seconds on med. power until easily stirred and is "goopy". Drizzle over potatoes and cover with foil.
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until the potatoes are thoroughly heated.
- These will be VERY hot; let cool until just warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350.8, Fat 16.9, SaturatedFat 6.8, Cholesterol 7.6, Sodium 138.8, Carbohydrate 48.2, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 23.4, Protein 1.9
- Make the crust: Pulse the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor until combined. Add the shortening and pulse until the mixture looks like coarse meal. Add the butter and pulse a few times until it is in pea-size bits. Add the egg yolk and 2 tablespoons ice water, then pulse a few times. Pinch the mixture with your fingers; if it doesn't hold together, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Turn out onto a sheet of plastic wrap, gather into a disk and wrap. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Roll out the dough into a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface and ease into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim the edges, leaving a 1-inch overhang. Tuck the overhanging dough under itself and crimp the edges with your fingers. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, position racks in the middle and bottom of the oven; preheat to 350˚ F. Spread 1 cup pecans on a baking sheet and toast on the middle rack until darkened, 8 to 10 minutes; let cool.
- Line the pie crust with parchment or foil and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake on the bottom oven rack until the edges of the crust are lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the parchment and weights and continue to bake until the bottom of the crust is golden, 10 to 15 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook, swirling the pan occasionally, until brown flecks appear, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cream of coconut, brown sugar, flour, lemon juice and salt. Let cool to lukewarm, 5 to 10 minutes, then whisk in the eggs and coconut extract until combined.
- If the crust has cooled, return it to the oven for a few minutes to warm through. Scatter the toasted pecans in the crust. Pour in the filling. Top with the shredded coconut and remaining 1/2 cup untoasted pecans. Bake on the middle oven rack until the filling is just set, 35 to 40 minutes (cover loosely with foil if the crust is getting too dark). Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
More about "pecan coconut sweet potaotes recipes"
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH COCONUT PECAN TOPPING
5/5 (16)Calories 300 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl or mixer, combine sweet potatoes, milk, brown sugar, melted butter, egg, vanilla, and salt. Beat ingredients with a hand mixer (or in a mixer) until the sweet potatoes are light and fluffy.
CROCK-POT COCONUT PECAN SWEET POTATOES - CROCK-POT LADIES
5/5 (2)Category Side DishesCuisine AmericanCalories 307 per serving
COCONUT PECAN SWEET POTATOES RECIPE (THE PERFECT SIDE …
Cuisine AmericanCategory Side DishServings 8Total Time 3 hrs 40 mins
- Place pecans, coconut, brown sugar, white sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Mix with a fork until completely combined.
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH COCONUT RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
3.5/5 (190)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsServings 8Calories 446 per serving
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and add 2 teaspoons salt. Reduce heat and simmer until very tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 325°F. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, brown sugar, pecans, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Add the granulated sugar, milk, butter, eggs, vanilla, and ½ teaspoon salt to the potatoes and mash until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8-inch square or another shallow 2-quart baking dish and sprinkle with the coconut mixture. Bake until heated through (tent loosely with foil if the top browns too quickly), 30 to 35 minutes.
COCONUT-PECAN SWEET POTATOES - WOMAN'S DAY
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hrCategory Vegetarian, Thanksgiving, Dinner, Side DishCalories 229 per serving
CANDIED COCONUT SWEET POTATOES - OUR BEST BITES
- Add sweet potatoes, sugar, butter, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla to a bowl and mix with an electric mixer until creamy. Spread in a 9×13 pan.
- Mix topping ingredients together until everything is incorporated and sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
COCONUT PECAN SWEET POTATOES - MY RECIPE MAGIC
Author Six SistersEstimated Reading Time 40 secs
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH COCONUT & PECANS RECIPE ...
Servings 6-8Total Time 2 hrsCategory Dinner, Main DishCalories 587 per serving
COCONUT OIL ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH PECANS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Side DishCalories 212 per serving
CROCKPOT COCONUT-PECAN SWEET POTATOES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SWEET POTATO PECAN COCONUT CAKE | EVIL SHENANIGANS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
COCONUT MASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH PECANS - RUNNING ON ...
Reviews 3Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 21 mins
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH COCONUT PECAN TOPPING - SENSE ...
Ratings 26Category Side DishCuisine African American, Soul FoodTotal Time 1 hr 25 mins
COCONUT PECAN SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE - MY RECIPE MAGIC
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
ROASTED SWEET POTATO QUICK BREAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
PEACH PECAN SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - WEBPAPI
SWEET POTATO PECAN CINNAMON ROLLS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
PECAN-COCONUT SWEET POTATOES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT ...
#course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #yams-sweet-potatoes #low-protein #healthy #side-dishes #fruit #potatoes #vegetables #fall #holiday-event #winter #nuts #crock-pot-slow-cooker #dietary #christmas #thanksgiving #low-cholesterol #seasonal #healthy-2 #low-in-something #coconut #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to bake sweet potatoes in the oven?Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl or mixer, combine sweet potatoes, milk, brown sugar, melted butter, egg, vanilla, and salt. Transfer sweet potato mixture into a greased 9x9 inch baking pan. Stir all of the topping ingredients together in a small bowl. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the sweet potatoes.
How to cook sweet potatoes in a crock pot?—Raquel Haggard, Edmond, Oklahoma In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients; stir in melted butter. Place sweet potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with pecan mixture. Cook, covered, on low 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender.
How to make mashed sweet potatoes?Bake sweet potatoes for 1 hour. Let cool, then mash in a large bowl. There should be approximately 3 2/3 cups of mashed sweet potato. Combine softened butter with brown sugar, nuts, coconut and flour; stir with a fork.
How do you make mashed potatoes with pecans?In a small bowl, combine the coconut, brown sugar, pecans, and ½ teaspoon salt. Add the granulated sugar, milk, butter, eggs, vanilla, and ½ teaspoon salt to the potatoes and mash until smooth.