PHILLY CHEESE STEAK
It's hard to think of Philadelphia without thinking of the cheesesteak, a sandwich containing chopped steak, melted cheese and sometimes peppers and onions. The big cheese steak debate, ongoing between rival restaurants Pat's and Geno's, is whether the steak should be topped with Provolone or American cheese, or canned cheese whiz. Bobby Flay's loaded cheese steak recipe is topped with a melted Provolone sauce, onions, peppers and mushrooms.
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 29
- Place steak in freezer for 30 to 45 minutes; this makes it easier to slice the meat. Remove the meat from the freezer and slice very thinly.
- Heat griddle or grill pan over high heat. Brush steak slices with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 45 to 60 seconds per side.
- Place several slices of the meat on the bottom half of the roll, spoon some of the cheese sauce over the meat, and top with the mushrooms, onions, and peppers.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the warm milk, and cook, whisking constantly until thickened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the mixture from the heat and whisk in the provolone and Parmesan until combined; season with the salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and butter in a large saute pan over high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are golden brown. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook slowly until golden brown and caramelized, stirring occasionally, approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- Heat the oil in medium saute pan over high heat. Add the peppers and cook until soft. Season with salt and pepper.
PHILLY CREAM CHEESE BRUNCH QUICHE
We had this at a morning meeting, and it's quite tasty! Feel free to substitute or add ingredients (i.e., bacon, swiss cheese, spinach, etc ).
Provided by AmyZoe
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll pastry to a 12" circle. Place in 10" pie plate.
- Turn under edge and flute. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with fork and bake at 400 for 12 to 15 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned.
- Combine cream cheese and milk in saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth.
- Gradually add cream cheese mixture to eggs, mixing until well blended.
- Saute onions in butter.
- Add onions and remaining ingredients to cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Pour into pastry shell and bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until set.
- Garnish with ham slices and fresh dill, if desired.
Pile steak, onion, peppers, cheese, ketchup and mustard into rolls to make these American-style Philly cheesesteaks. Just the food for a movie night in
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Snack, Supper, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Trim away and discard the long piece of fat running down the side of the steaks. Cut each steak in half and put on a baking tray, then transfer to the freezer and freeze for 40 mins.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan or casserole dish set over a medium heat. Add the onion and peppers along with a good pinch of salt and fry for 20 mins, or until the onions are golden and sticky. Add the vinegar and cook for a further 5 mins. Season to taste.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the steak as thinly as possible and pile the slices into four portions. Heat a skillet over a high heat until almost smoking. Put one portion of the steak slices in the pan in a pile that's roughly the length of your rolls. Fry for 3 mins over a high heat until some of the steak is cooked through, with pink bits remaining. Pile a quarter of the onion mixture on top, as well as a quarter each of the cheese slices and the mozzarella. Continue to cook undisturbed over a medium heat for 5-10 mins until the meat is brown and crisp around the edge and the cheeses have melted. Split one of the rolls open and carefully scoop the meat and cheese mixture into it. Repeat with the remaining meat, onions, cheese and rolls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 475 calories, Fat 25 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 29 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 31 grams protein, Sodium 1.7 milligram of sodium
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK QUICHE
This is my own recipe that won First Place in a Quiche Bake-Off that we held in my department today. I used a blend of mild and extra sharp cheddar cheeses. But use any cheese that suits your concept of "Philly Cheesesteak." This recipe fills a 9-inch foil pie pan.
Provided by Tiffany Pennington @tlpnightwatcher
Categories Breakfast Casseroles
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Prepare the unbaked pie shell. Preheat the oven to 375F. Preheat a 10-12" skillet on medium heat.
- Grease the skillet with oil/butter (your choice, but I prefer butter) and add the sliced onion and green pepper. Cook the onions and peppers until they are tender (not mushy) - about 10 minutes.
- While the skillet is busy, beat the eggs and milk together, and blend in the nutmeg, 1/2 tsp. salt and some ground black pepper.
- Add the deli roast beef, worchestshire sauce and garlic to the skillet and stir while continuing to cook another 3-5 minutes. (Taste the filling and check the seasoning!) Remove the filling from the skillet when finished and allow to cool for 5 minutes before adding to the custard mixture.
- Add to the custard mixture the meat/veggie filling and grated cheese. Mix well and pour into the pie shell.
- Bake the quiche for 45 minutes at 375F. Use a clean sharp knife to test for doneness (poke the center and see if it comes out clean). The center should not jiggle. (If not done - continue cooking another 5-10 minutes.)
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK QUESADILLAS
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Heat a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir beef until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add onions and green bell peppers to beef; cook and stir until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour barbeque sauce over beef mixture and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Lay 4 tortillas on a baking sheet and top each with beef mixture and Cheddar cheese. Top each Cheddar cheese layer with a tortilla.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes; flip the quesadillas and cook until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 926.7 calories, Carbohydrate 101.3 g, Cholesterol 108.4 mg, Fat 36.4 g, Fiber 6.3 g, Protein 46.3 g, SaturatedFat 17.1 g, Sodium 1984.8 mg, Sugar 22.2 g
Any kind of steak makes my husband happy. Philly cheesesteaks are a nice dinner choice or a great option instead of burgers. -Susan Seymour, Valatie, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Freeze steak 1 hour until firm but not frozen., In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onions, peppers and pepper sauce; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender; remove and keep warm., Place bun bottoms on a baking sheet, cut side up. Remove steak from freezer; cut into thin slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In same skillet, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add beef in batches; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove from pan., Layer bun bottoms with meat, onion mixture and cheese. Broil 4 in. from heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 985 calories, Fat 41g fat (22g saturated fat), Cholesterol 151mg cholesterol, Sodium 1702mg sodium, Carbohydrate 87g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 65g protein.
EASY AUTHENTIC PHILLY CHEESE STEAK
Mu husband grew up in Reading, PA and Rochester, NY but now lives in Arizona with me. He is always complaining that nobody knows how to make a real cheese steak. However, I made this and he says "I hit it on the nose."
Provided by bulgarican
Yield 6 sandwiches, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Sauté green peppers in 2 teaspoons of olive oil until tender and slightly browned. Remove from pan.
- Sauté onion in remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil until tender and slightly browned.
- Add green peppers and roast beef to pan.
- Cook until beef is heated thoroughly and no longer "pink" while chopping it into smaller pieces with a firm spatula. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut one side, lengthwise and both sides widthwise of each bun to make open-face type opening.
- Lay two slices of cheese across each bun to cover both sides (so it lays flush with the sides of the bun, top and bottom.).
- Stuff each bun with meat mixture in between the cheese slices.
- Close rolls shut and wrap in tin foil.
- Place in preheated oven on cookie sheet for 5 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts.
- Reduce heat to low until ready to eat.
- If you like it with marinara sauce or whatever your choice of condiment is, drizzle on before you eat!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 422.9, Fat 17.4, SaturatedFat 7.4, Cholesterol 60.5, Sodium 1522.5, Carbohydrate 38.8, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 2.7, Protein 27.2
My Philadelphia-born friend is so devoted to her city's most famous sandwich that the first thing she did after her big fancy wedding was to head, gown and all, to her favorite local spot for a cheesesteak to end the night. On a recent visit, I comparison-shopped the cheesesteak sandwich shop. Here's my standard order: onions, whiz (i.e., Cheez Whiz), provolone, and giardiniera -- the pickled vegetables perk up the whole meaty, cheesy business. Regardless of where you buy it, everything starts with the vigorous chopping and flipping spatulas cutting through the frying beef a-sizzle on the flattop. Beyond that, the rest is personalized. Add the whiz? provolone? onions? peppers? giardiniera? You better know what you want before you step up to the counter. Excerpted from "Mad Hungry Cravings" by Lucinda Scala Quinn, Artisan Books, March 2013.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 2 sandwiches
Number Of Ingredients 9
- To make slicing it easier, freeze the beef for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat a double-burner griddle or two large skillets over medium-high heat. Thinly slice the meat against the grain.
- Toss the onions in a bowl with the oil and put them on the griddle. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions become translucent. Push the onions to the back of the griddle.
- Place the beef on the griddle and season with salt and pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, until no pink remains. Stir the onions into the beef and chop the beef mixture into bite-size pieces with the side of a metal spatula.
- Divide the beef and onions between the hoagie rolls. Top with the provolone and cheese sauce. Serve immediately, topped with giardiniera, if desired.
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CHEX MIX
- In large bowl, mix cereal and French-fried onions.
- Just before serving, stir in cheese cubes and jerky.
- Top with cheese powder.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 3 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 520 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 1 1/2 g
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SLIDERS
These Philly cheesesteak sliders are a wonderful way to use leftover roast beef, but using sliced roast beef from the deli also works. -Debra Waggoner, Grand Island, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet, cook green peppers and onion in oil over medium-high heat until tender, 8-10 minutes. Without separating rolls, cut each package of rolls in half horizontally; arrange bottom halves in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Layer with roast beef, pepper mixture and cheese; replace top halves of rolls. , In a small saucepan, melt butter, dried onion, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Drizzle over rolls. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight., Preheat oven to 350°. Remove rolls from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes. Cover with foil; bake 10 minutes longer until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247 calories, Fat 14g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 413mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 14g protein.
More about "philly cheesesteak quiche recipes"
RECIPE: VENISON PHILLY CHEESESTEAK QUICHE - HUNTRESSVIEW
CHEESESTEAK QUICHE RECIPE - FRESENIUS KIDNEY CARE
Calories 527 per serving
PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS - COOKTHESTORY
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS
QUICK & EASY PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - TRAINERKELLI
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HOW TO COOK THE BEST PHILLY CHEESESTEAK - EAT LIKE PINOY
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK - JO COOKS
THE BEST PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK | RICARDO
EASY PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE (+VIDEO!) - BUTTER BE READY
EASY PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
EASY HOMEMADE PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE A …
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CASSEROLE - EASY FAMILY RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT PHILLY CHEESESTEAK | ALLRECIPES
QUICK PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICHES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
QUICK AND EASY CLASSIC PHILLY CHEESESTEAK - DESOCIO IN THE KITCHEN
SUPER-TENDER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - ALYONA’S COOKING
SHEET-PAN PHILLY CHEESE STEAKS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
EASY PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE (THE ULTIMATE GUIDE)
BEST EVER PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS - COOKING WITH KARLI
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK QUICHE | RECIPE | PHILLY CHEESE STEAK, …
5-INGREDIENT DUMP-AND-BAKE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK - THE SEASONED …
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
THE BEST DAMN PHILLY CHEESESTEAK YOU'LL EVER EAT - DELISHABLY
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CRUSTLESS QUICHE - DETOURS IN LIFE
BEST EVER CHEESESTEAK - THE TOASTY KITCHEN
10 BEST PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS | KITCHN
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK STUFFED SHELLS - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
20+ BEST PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPES-PHILLY CHEEESTEAK INSPIRED
EASY PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CASSEROLE RECIPE - THE COUNTRY COOK
QUICK PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE | AN EASY DINNER RECIPE
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK (WITH VIDEO) | HOW TO FEED A LOON
HOMEMADE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE (SO EASY!) - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SKILLET A LEAN AND GREEN RECIPE
SUPER SIMPLE HOMEMADE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICHES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Philly cheesesteak?How to Make Philly Cheesesteak: 1 Butter hoagie rolls, dice onion and thinly slice beef. 2 Sautee onions and remove. 3 Sautee beef until cooked through and add back onions. 4 Divide into 4 portions, top each with 2 slices cheese. 5 Cover with buns and scrape into buns with a spatula.
What to serve with Philly cheesesteak?There are other side dishes you can choose to pair with the Philly Cheesesteak. For example, you could also have cheese sticks, onion rings, or potato wedges. The list goes on. The bottom line is there are many ways to enjoy this wonderful comfort food.
What is Philly cheese steak made of?This wholesome comfort food is essentially made up of a mixture of grilled steak, caramelised onions, melted cheese which are all stuffed in a buttered hoagie roll. It is the pride of Philadelphia, the state where it originated and where it is simply known as “cheesesteak”.
What is Pat’s cheesesteak?Pat’s is now one of the original and most famous cheesesteak restaurants in Philly. It’s super simple to make consisting of only sliced ribeye that’s cooked with caramelized onions and served up on a bun with cheese. Right along with my Roast Beef Sandwich and Jibarito sandwich, this ones’ at the top of my favorites list.