MAHI-MAHI WITH FRESH PINEAPPLE SALSA
We love mahi mahi and pineapple and hope to try this Hawaiian dish soon. From Diabetic Cooking. The salsa can be prepared 1-2 days in advance.
Provided by lazyme
Categories Mahi Mahi
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- To prepare Pineapple Salsa, combine pineapple, red and green peppers, cilantro, 1 tablespoon lime juice, red pepper flakes and lime peel in medium bowl.
- (Pineapple Salsa may be prepared 1 to 2 days ahead and refrigerated.).
- Preheat broiler.
- Spray rack of broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Rinse mahi-mahi and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place mahi-mahi on rack.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and olive oil; brush on mahi-mahi.
- Broil mahi-mahi, 4 inches from heat, 2 minutes.
- Turn and brush second side with olive oil mixture; sprinkle with white pepper.
- Continue to broil 2 minutes or until mahi-mahi flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Serve with Pineapple Salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242.5, Fat 5, SaturatedFat 0.9, Cholesterol 148.9, Sodium 181.3, Carbohydrate 10.1, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 6.9, Protein 38.4
SEARED MAHI MAHI WITH GRILLED MANGO-PINEAPPLE SALSA, GREEN RICE, AND BLACK BEANS
- Make the Green Rice: Combine the water and rice in saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Season the water with salt. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer, covered, until tender, about 20 minutes. Set the rice aside, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and stir in the chimichurri. Set aside, covered, until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, make the Black Beans: Heat the oil in the saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the cumin seeds and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the bell pepper and onion and cook, stirring, until soft, about 8 minutes. Stir in the black beans and sugar. Bring to boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Set aside, covered, until ready to use.
- Make the Salsa: Preheat a grill pan over high heat. Grill the pineapple rings, turning once, until charred, about 2 minutes. Transfer the rings to a cutting board and chop.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple, mango, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, olive oil, ginger, jalapeno, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. (The salsa can be prepared up to 2 days in advance.)
- Make the mahi mahi: Arrange the fillets in baking pan, season with salt and pepper, and rub with the zest. Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Raise the heat to high and heat the butter and oil. Working in batches, if necessary, sear the halibut fillets, turning once, until well browned and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Divide the rice and beans among the center of 6 plates, top with the fillets, and spoon some the salsa over each.
- In a food processor, pulse the onion until finely chopped but not pureed. Transfer the onion to a bowl. Add the olive oil, parsley, cilantro, oregano leaves, garlic, and lime juice and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer the herb mixture to the bowl of onion and stir to combine. Season the chimichurri with salt and pepper.
MAHI MAHI Y MANGO SALSA
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until softened slightly, about 3 minutes. Stir brown sugar with the onion; cook until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Add mango, pineapple, and red wine; simmer until hot, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Return skillet to stove.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in the skillet. Season mahi mahi steaks with salt and black pepper. Coat steaks entirely with blackening seasoning. Cook steaks in hot oil until until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Plate the steaks and top with the mango salsa to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344.8 calories, Carbohydrate 29.3 g, Cholesterol 82 mg, Fat 14.8 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 21.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 1514.1 mg, Sugar 23.5 g
MAHI-MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE GLAZE, PEPPERS AND COCONUT RICE
- For the coconut rice: Heat the oil in a medium saucepot over medium heat. Add the shallots and salt and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and rice and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and cover with a lid. Cook for about 15 minutes. Remove lid and fluff the rice.
- For the pineapple glaze: Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add oil to coat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Be sure to stir often because the sugars will burn quickly! Then add the sambal and salt. Add the scallions and cook until soft, about 2 more minutes. Then, add the pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, Dijon mustard and lime juice and zest. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook until reduced by one-quarter and thick and glossy, about 10 minutes.
- For the mahi-mahi and peppers: Heat a grill pan to medium high. Coat the grill pan in olive oil. Add the peppers and onions and cook until browned, slightly charred and beginning to soften. Move the peppers to the side of the grill pan. Add a bit more olive oil. Salt the mahi-mahi on both sides. Sear the fish on each side until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Coat the mahi-mahi with the pineapple glaze using a pastry brush. Flip the fish and coat generously on the reverse side. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and serve with the coconut rice and grilled peppers. Aloha!
FRESH PINEAPPLE SALSA
- Combine pineapple, red onion, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, sugar, and salt. Stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour so flavors can meld.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 22.1 calories, Carbohydrate 5.5 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 0.4 g, Sodium 195 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
People also searched
More about "pineapple salsa mahi recipes"
BAKED MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE BLUEBERRY SALSA RECIPE ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsServings 4
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Drizzle olive oil onto rimmed sheet pan and arrange mahi mahi filets on pan. Drizzle top of mahi mahi with additional olive oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper and place into the oven to bake for 20 minutes or until this fish is completely opaque and flakey.
- Place avocado, sour cream and salt into a blender. Pulse until creamy. Pour into a glass container and place plastic wrap tightly onto the surface of the crema if not using immediately. Refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Add pineapple, blueberries, onion, jalapeno, lime juice and salt to a small bowl. Mix together until well-combined. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
- Remove mahi mahi from the oven and discard parchment paper. Spoon a few spoonsful of the avocado crema on top of the mahi mahi and then top with pineapple blueberry salsa. Serve immediately.
GRILLED MAHI MAHI FILLETS WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA | READY SET EAT
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main DishServings 4Total Time 45 mins
- Spray outdoor grill with grilling spray; preheat to medium-high heat. Stir together tomatoes, pineapple, red onion, cilantro and half the kosher salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Stir together the garlic, cumin, oregano and remaining salt in small bowl. Coat fish evenly with oil and rub fish filets with seasoning mixture.
- Grill fish about 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until firm (145°). Remove from grill and place on individual plates or serving platter. Top each filet with pineapple salsa; serve immediately.
MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA | THE LEAF NUTRISYSTEM BLOG
Servings 2Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCalories 182 See details »
BLACKENED MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA • THE LIVE FIT GIRLS
Total Time 25 mins See details »
PINEAPPLE SALSA MAHI-MAHI RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
1/5 Calories 194 per servingServings 2 See details »
MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA | HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION
See details »
10 BEST MAHI MAHI PINEAPPLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA | COOKING CHAT
Cuisine TropicalCategory SeafoodServings 2-3Total Time 25 mins
- Add the mahi mahi to marinade. Gently turn the mahi mahi over once or twice so that it gets well coated with the marinade. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Make the pineapple salsa: combine the pineapple, serrano pepper, cilantro, lime juice, scallion if using. Add a dash of salt, and stir. Set aside until the fish is ready.
- Spray a skillet with cooking oil and heat the pan on medium high. If you are using a thick piece of fish, pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees in case you need to finish cooking it there.
FOIL PACKET MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA - AILEEN COOKS
4.7/5 (15)Servings 4Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 19 mins
- Wrap each piece of fish in a square of foil by folding the top and bottom and creating a tee-pee with the sides of the foil. Crimp the top to keep it together.
GRILLED MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA AND LEMON BUTTER ...
5/5 (1)Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Course
- Heat grill to medium-high. Grill pineapple until you begin to see char marks; not falling apart or mushy. Let cool, dice and mix with the vinegar, olive oil and remainder of the vegetables and seasonings. Cover and refrigerate the pineapple salsa to let marinate for 3 to 5 hours.
- Salt and pepper the fish. Grill over medium heat until done. Top with salsa and drizzle with lemon butter.
GRILLED MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA - 2 COOKIN MAMAS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 28 minsCategory Main Course
- Place mahi mahi in a plastic zippered storage bag. Add enough milk to cover and seal. Place in refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
GRILLED MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA — BLESS THIS MESS
5/5 Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
- Rinse the fish, and lay it onto paper towels. Use the paper towels to pat the fish dry, and place the fillets on a wire rack (a baking or cooling rack placed inside of a baking sheet works great to catch any drips and spills).
- Sprinkle half the salt and half the pepper over the fish. Carefully drizzle half of the olive oil over the seasoned fish. Using a pastry brush or your fingers, evenly distribute the oil all over that side of the fish. Flip the fish over on the rack and repeat with remaining salt, pepper, and oil. Let the fish rest while you fire up the grill.
- Turn your grill on to high, and allow it to heat for 5 minutes, until the grill is very hot. Carry the fish out, and open the lid to the grill — it should be very hot. Use a brush to scrape the grill grate clean, and then lower the temperature to low.
- Place the fish on the grill, close the lid, and leave the fish to cook with the lid closed for 8 to 10 minutes, until the fish is flaky when you test it with the tip of a knife. You should not need to flip the fish. Using a metal spatula, remove from the grill.
PINEAPPLE SALSA MAHI RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (4)Category Mahi MahiServings 2Total Time 20 mins See details »
CHIPOTLE MAHI-MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE & AVOCADO SALSA ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory Dinner, LunchServings 4
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together and rub onto Mahi. You may have some leftover depending on how much Mahi you use. Let the Mahi sit with the dry rub on for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat 2 tbsp of avocado oil in a cast-iron skillet. Alternatively, this can be made on the grill. Use a pastry brush to brush the avocado oil onto the fish filets and preheat the grill.
PAN SEARED MAHI MAHI TACOS WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA - BIG CITY ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Drain the can of pineapple really well and put it into a bowl. Add each ingredient as you chop it up - red onion, tomatoes, jalapeño and cilantro. I recommend removing the seeds from the tomato to prevent the salsa from becoming too wet.
- Mix together salt, pepper, paprika, cumin and garlic powder to create a rub. After drying the fish, season all sides with the mix you’ve just created.
GRILLED MAHI MAHI - RECIPES FOR LOVE'S SAKE - THE COZY APRON
Reviews 2Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Entree
- Begin by gathering and prepping all of the mahi mahi ingredients according to the ingredient list above to have ready and organized for use.
- To prepare the marinade, combine the paprika, cumin, granulated onion and garlic, coriander, orange juice, lime juice, lime zest and orange zest in a small dish with the 2 tablespoons of liquified coconut oil and a couple of pinches of salt and pepper, and mix with a fork or spoon to combine.
- Place the mahi mahi fillets onto a platter and brush the marinade over both sides of each fillet equally, and allow the mahi mahi to marinate for 20 minutes.
- While the mahi mahi marinates, gather and prep all of your pineapple-orange salsa ingredients according to the ingredient list above to have ready and organized for use.
CAJUN MAHI MAHI WITH MANGO PINEAPPLE SALSA | EASY SEAFOOD ...
Cuisine CaribbeanCategory DinnerServings 6Total Time 15 mins
- In a small bowl add pineapple, mango, red onion, fresh cilantro, lime juice, and salt to taste. Stir to mix everything together and set aside.
PINEAPPLE SALSA MAHI - KATIE'S CUCINA
Reviews 4Estimated Reading Time 50 secs See details »
PAN-SEARED MAHI-MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA | THE RISING SPOON
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main DishesServings 2Total Time 20 mins See details »
MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 20 minsServings 2Calories 449 per serving See details »
HOW TO COOK GRILLED MAHI TACOS WITH PINEAPPLE MANGO SALSA ...
See details »
PINEAPPLE MANGO SALSA - DIP RECIPE CREATIONS
See details »
BLACKENED MAHI MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA - PINTEREST
See details »
You'll also love
Want to buy ingredients ?