EASY-PEASY PORK CHOPS WITH BROCCOLI ORZO
I first used the seasoning mix I made up for grilled chicken breast; it was so delicious, I decided to try it on the pork chops. I then thought up the orzo side dish, and it was loved by even my picky kids! You can also cook the chops on your outdoor grill.
Provided by Debbie Paskow Taveira
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook orzo in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Combine sazon seasoning, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl. Sprinkle mixture generously over both sides of pork chops.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium heat. Grill chops until no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes per side.
- While chops are grilling, place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer cooked chops to a place. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and cook onion until soft and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and add garlic. Stir and cook without burning, 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Stir cooked orzo and steamed broccoli into the saucepan with the onion mixture. Serve with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341 calories, Carbohydrate 28.1 g, Cholesterol 65.2 mg, Fat 11.1 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 1728.6 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
PORK AND ZUCCHINI WITH ORZO
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Butterfly the pork: Slice lengthwise down the center, stopping about 1/2 inch before cutting through the meat. Open the pork like a book and flatten slightly with your hands. Lay a piece of plastic wrap on top and pound with the flat side of a meat mallet or a skillet until 1/2 inch thick.
- Put the pork and zucchini in a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon zest, cumin, coriander, 1 teaspoon salt and the cayenne and toss; let sit 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the orzo to the boiling water and cook as the label directs. Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a bowl; add the tomatoes, parsley, lemon juice, the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Grill the pork and zucchini, flipping once, until the pork is cooked through and the zucchini is tender, about 12 minutes for the pork and 14 minutes for the zucchini. Slice the pork on an angle and serve with the zucchini, orzo and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 457 calorie, Fat 17 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Cholesterol 79 milligrams, Sodium 675 milligrams, Carbohydrate 40 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 36 grams
MEDITERRANEAN PORK AND ORZO
On a really busy day, this meal in a bowl is one of my top picks. It's quick to put together, leaving a lot more time to relax at the table. -Mary Relyea, Canastota, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Rub pork with pepper; cut into 1-in. cubes. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork; cook and stir until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes., Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Stir in orzo and salt; cook, uncovered, 8 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook until orzo is tender and spinach is wilted, 45-60 seconds longer. Drain., Add tomatoes to pork; heat through. Stir in orzo mixture and cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372 calories, Fat 11g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 71mg cholesterol, Sodium 306mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
LAMB CHOPS WITH ORZO (WW)
We enjoyed this easy (8 point) dish served with green beans (frozen). Recipe source: WW Points Plus Cookbook
Provided by ellie_
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain and transfer to bowl; stir in lemon zest.
- Meanwhile spray skillet with Pam and set over medium high heat. Stir in mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook; stirring occasionally until mushrooms are browned and liquid is evaporated (5-10 minutes). Add to orzo; toss.
- Meanwhile sprinkle lamb chops with 1/4 teaspoons salt and the pepper.spray skillet with Pam and set over medium high heat and add lamp chops turning once (8-15 minutes).
- Serve with orzo.
MEDITERRANEAN PORK AND ORZO
- Rub pork with pepper; cut into 1-inch cubes. In a large nonstick skillet, cook pork in oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in orzo and salt; cook, uncovered, for 8 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook 45-60 seconds longer or until orzo is tender and spinach is wilted.
- Add tomatoes to the pork; cook and stir for 1 minute or until heated through. Drain orzo mixture; toss with pork mixture and feta cheese.
JAMIE'S PORK CHOPS WITH ORZO
This is one of those meals just wanted something different so I looked around the cabinet to see what I could make with the same old porkchops. I came up with this and it gives a very good taste with the orzo. A thick creamy sauce dresses it up with a kick of spice. Add a side of green beans or green peas and a southern style...
Provided by jamie Beecham
Categories Steaks and Chops
Number Of Ingredients 14
- 1. In a very large deep skillet heat the olive oil and place the pork chop about 3 at a time in my skillet and lightly brown on each side. Remove and set aside.
- 2. Add the pressed garlic and sliced oniions to the oil and saute until a tender. Pour the can of Ro tel into the pan.
- 3. Add the 32 oz. of chicken broth, Italian seasoning, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 4. Sprinkle the porkchops with the sage and salt and pepper to taste. Place into the pan cover and bring up to a boil. Remove the cover and let boil about 5min then reduce the heat to medium and allow to cook about 45 min Stir around the contents
- 5. Add the 2 cups of orzo to the pan and stir good and stay with it stirring so the orzo doesn't stick. It takes about 9 to 10 minutes for the orzo to become tender and done.
- 6. in a bowl mix the flower and cream together till smooth. Add some of the hot juice from the pan to the mixture and stir so want lump in the pan.
- 7. Slowly add the mixture to the pan stirring constantly to mix into the pan and making sure it is smooth not lumpy. At this point just mix and stir until thicken making sure the orzo does not stick to the bottom and burn.
- 8. You could use a dutch over to prepare this meal also I just had the large skillet and it all fit and came out just fine. It was so good and the picture does not show the porkchop up but it is there on the plate beside the orzo.
People also searched
More about "pork chop and orzo recipes"
ONE POT SPICY PORK RAGU WITH ORZO - JO COOKS
4.7/5 (24)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseCalories 401 per serving
- In a large skillet or Dutch Oven heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ground pork and cook until pork is no longer pink, breaking it up as you go along.
- Add the chopped onion, celery, and carrot to the skillet and cook for another 3 minutes until the onion and carrot are soft and the onion turns translucent.
- Stir in the red wine. Add the red pepper flakes, oregano, basil and stir well. Add the orzo, tomato juice, beef broth, hot sauce and stir well. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
50 EASY PORK CHOP RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
Author Julie Meyers See details »
MEDITERRANEAN CHOPS WITH PARMESAN ORZO - BIGOVEN
5/5 (7)Category Main DishCuisine MediterraneanTotal Time 1 hr See details »
MEDITERRANEAN PORK AND ORZO RECIPE - BECKY'S BEST BITES
Servings 6Total Time 30 mins See details »
ALICE’S BAKED PORK CHOPS WITH ORZO - GEAUX ASK ALICE!
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs See details »
PORK CHOPS WITH BALSAMIC STRAWBERRY SALAD AND PINE NUT ORZO - …
Total Time 10 mins
- In a saucepan, boil the balsamic vinegar until reduced to 2 to 3 tablespoons, 5 minutes. In a bowl, toss the strawberries, basil and spinach with the balsamic glaze.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat a drizzle of EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the prosciutto strips and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Add another drizzle of EVOO to the skillet. Season the chops with salt and pepper and cook, turning once, until cooked through, 8 minutes.
- In another large skillet, cook the butter over medium heat until brown, about 3 minutes. Add the pasta, cinnamon and nutmeg and toss; season with salt. Stir in the nuts.
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH ANCHO-AVOCADO ORZO RECIPE - EATINGWELL
Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCalories 395 per serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Halve chile peppers; remove seeds and membranes. Place chile pepper halves, cut sides down, on foil-lined baking sheet. Roast about 20 minutes or until peppers are charred and very tender. Bring foil up around peppers and fold edges together to enclose. Let stand about 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Using a sharp knife, loosen edges of skins; gently pull off skins in strips and discard. Coarsely chop peppers. Set aside.
- Trim fat from chops. Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the ground pepper. Coat a grill pan with cooking spray. Heat grill pan over medium heat. Cook pork chops on hot grill pan 6 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink (145 degrees F). Let stand 3 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, combine avocado, fat-free half-and-half, lime juice, ground ancho chile pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and process or blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine coarsely chopped chile peppers, orzo, black beans, cherry tomatoes, scallions, corn, chopped cilantro and the avocado mixture.
MAKE-AHEAD MEDITERRANEAN PORK CHOPS | BETTER HOMES & …
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsServings 9Calories 548 per serving
- For marinade, in an extra-large bowl whisk together first eight ingredients (through black pepper). Add chops, spooning marinade over chops to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- In a deep 12-inch nonstick skillet cook chops, half at a time, over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until a thermometer registers 145°F, turning once. Remove from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- Add orzo to same skillet. Cook and stir 1 minute, scraping up crusty browned bits. Slowly add broth, scraping up any remaining bits. Stir in bell peppers and olives. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 7 minutes. Simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes more or until orzo is nearly tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in tomatoes.
- Transfer half of the orzo mixture to an airtight container. Top with four of the chops; cool slightly. Store in freezer up to 2 months.
HERBES DE PROVENCE LAMB CHOPS WITH ORZO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (4)Calories 471 per servingServings 4
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Combine pasta, spinach, and the next 5 ingredients (through oil) in a medium bowl. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, herbes de Provence, mustard, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub lamb evenly with herb mixture. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 6 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with pasta mixture.
GRILLED OREGANO-LEMON LAMB CHOPS WITH ORZO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 683 per servingTotal Time 2 hrs 30 mins
- Combine all the ingredients except the orzo and the tomato in a shallow dish. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- In a large stove-top grill pan or in the broiler, grill the rib chops 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium rare, 4 to 5 minutes for medium to medium well. (For loin chops, grill 5 to 6 minutes for medium rare, 7 to 8 minutes for medium to medium well.)
- Meanwhile, prepare the orzo according to the package instructions for 4 servings. Add the tomato, stir, and season to taste with salt. Serve hot with the chops, accompanied by the Tsatsiki.
30 PORK CHOP RECIPES FOR EASY WEEKNIGHT DINNERS - BON APPéTIT
Estimated Reading Time 4 minsPublished 2020-10-15
- Pork Chops with Celery and Almond Salad. Rich butter-basted pork offset by a bright, crunchy salad comes together quick and easy. View Recipe.
- Jalapeño-Marinated Grilled Pork Chops. Don't be intimidated by the slices of jalapeños: The fire of the grill mellows their heat. If you're a real spice-seeker, you can even leave some of them raw.
- Pan-Roasted Brined Pork Chop. Brining these pork chops makes them moist, tender, and seasoned throughout, and the sugar helps create a dark, caramelized sheen.
- Grilled Pork Chops with Plums, Halloumi, and Lemon. Bring all your ingredients out to the grill on a baking sheet for easy cleanup later. View Recipe.
- Soy-Basted Pork Chops with Herbs and Jalapeños. In the time it takes for a rib eye to cook, rest, and slice, you can fire up thin-cut pork chops, eat, and binge season 5 of The Americans.
- Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple-Turmeric Glaze. The sugars in this glaze caramelize the pork chops, resulting in deep, complex flavor. View Recipe.
- Juicy Pan-Seared Pork Chops with Citrus Dressing. Rather than marinating ahead of time, which, let’s face it, doesn’t work on weeknights, we came up with a citrus-mustard-cilantro dressing that bathes the chops in punchy flavor.
- Date Night Pork Chop. Rubbing a little honey across the surface of the pork before searing guarantees a shiny, caramelized crust. Pair that with a lemony endive and apple salad, and you've got the ultimate dinner for two.
- Hoisin-Glazed Pork Chops. Because you need more pork and homemade hoisin sauce in your life. View Recipe.
- Pork Chops with Radishes and Charred Scallions. Rule for straightforward summer grilling: Pair rich, smoky charred meats with crisp, acidic vegetables. This helps refresh the palate between bites.
CRUSTED PORK CHOPS WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND ORZO
Servings 4Total Time 46 minsCategory Family Friendly See details »
RECIPE: PORK CHOPS & HONEY-GLAZED APPLES WITH CREAMY ORZO - …
3.9/5 Total Time 25 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 620 per serving See details »
EASY TOMATO BASIL PORK CHOPS WITH ORZO AND RICE - BIGOVEN
5/5 (3)Category Main DishCuisine Not SetTotal Time 45 mins See details »
PORK CHOPS AND ORZO RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES - SPARKPEOPLE
See details »
10 BEST ORZO RECIPES - YUMMLY
See details »
LAMB CHOPS AND ORZO RECIPES
See details »
10 BEST PORK ORZO RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
ITALIAN LEMON-BREADED PORK CHOPS WITH ORZO & PEAS - DELALLO
See details »
TESTED AND PERFECTED PORK CHOP RECIPES THAT ENSURE JUICY RESULTS
See details »
You'll also love