SLOW-COOKER PORK WITH SWEET-SOUR RED CABBAGE
Featuring pork, cabbage and apples, a German-style supper brings an Oktoberfest feel to your table throughout the year.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix cabbage, onion, apple, brown sugar, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in cooker.
- Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. If pork roast comes in netting or is tied, do not remove. Sprinkle pork with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook pork in skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides. Place pork on cabbage mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 7 to 9 hours.
- Remove netting or strings from pork. Serve pork with cabbage.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480, Carbohydrate 26 g, Cholesterol 120 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 41 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 480 mg, Sugar 24 g, TransFat 0 g
CARAWAY PORK CHOPS AND RED CABBAGE
"My husband loves cooked red cabbage. This is my spin on a savory one-skillet supper that my 18-year-old son also enjoys. I serve it with mashed potatoes." -Judy Rebman, Frederick, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Season pork chops with 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, chicken seasoning and brown sugar. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops in oil. Remove and keep warm., Add the cabbage, apple, onion, water, vinegar, salt, bouillon granules and remaining caraway seeds to the skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally., Place chops over cabbage mixture; top each with 1 tablespoon apple jelly. Cover and cook 10-12 minutes longer or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 319 calories, Fat 12g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 68mg cholesterol, Sodium 523mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SIMPLE PORK AND CABBAGE SKILLET
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the pork chops in the hot oil until well-browned on each side, about 10 minutes per side.
- Add the cabbage, onion, apple, 2 cups of water, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper to the skillet; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and place a cover on the skillet. Cook at a simmer until the pork chops are completely tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove the pork and vegetable mixture from the skillet, leaving as much of the liquid in the skillet as possible. Whisk the water and flour together in a small bowl. Raise the heat under the skillet to medium-high. Pour the flour mixture into the remaining liquid in the skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until the gravy thickens and begins to boil. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer an additional 5 minutes. Pour the gravy over the pork and vegetable mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 596.6 calories, Carbohydrate 64.8 g, Cholesterol 63.1 mg, Fat 26.3 g, Fiber 14.7 g, Protein 31.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.6 g, Sodium 1920.5 mg, Sugar 34.4 g
PORK CHOPS WITH RED CABBAGE
Steve Rose of Mesa, Arizona adds pineapple and sweet-and-sour cabbage to these tender chops to give them tangy flavor.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. In a bowl, combine the cabbage, pineapple, parsley, dried onion, oregano, pepper and celery seed. Cut each onion half into eight wedges; place over pork chops. Top with cabbage mixture. , Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat juices run clear and onions are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 336 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 57mg cholesterol, Sodium 67mg sodium, Carbohydrate 43g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH CABBAGE
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Pour oil in a large, straight-sided skillet; place skillet over high heat. Add pork chops; cook until brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- Add cabbage, caraway seeds, thyme, salt and pepper to taste, cider, and stock to skillet, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, julienne the leek, and let stand in cold water 5 minutes to remove dirt and sand. Lift from the water, stir the leeks into the cabbage, replace cover, and cook 5 minutes. Add the reserved pork chops, in a single layer. Cover, and cook until the pork chops are tender or when an instant-read thermometer registers 145 degrees, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat, and serve immediately with carrot and parsnip puree.
PORK CHOPS WITH FRUITY RED CABBAGE
- Heat oven to fan 200/fan 180C/gas 6. Put the potato wedges in a large roasting tray and toss in 1 tbsp of the oil. Roast for 10 mins until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a wok or large pan and tip in the red cabbage and onion. Stir-fry for 5 mins then stir in the cranberry sauce, apple and 4 tbsp water. Cover with a lid and leave to cook for 10-15 mins, depending on how thinly you shredded the cabbage.
- Spread the mustard over the top of the chops and add to the roasting tray. Roast for another 15 mins until the chops are browned and cooked through. Season the cabbage to taste and serve with the mustardy pork chops and potato wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 509 calories, Fat 32 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 32 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 26 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
BRAISED RED CABBAGE AND PORK CHOPS
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops and sear until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Place bacon the same skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add onions and cook until bacon is browned and onions are translucent, about 5 more minutes.
- Add red cabbage and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add chicken stock, wine, vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, salt, and pepper; cook for 10 minutes. Add pork chops, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook for 10 minutes, then add apples. Continue to cook until pork is no longer pink in the center, about 15 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 525.7 calories, Carbohydrate 55.3 g, Cholesterol 59 mg, Fat 19.2 g, Fiber 9.5 g, Protein 26.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 728.5 mg, Sugar 37.2 g
SLOW COOKER PORK AND RED CABBAGE
I got this recipe from our "CANCER BITES" cookbook that our office made. This was Father's Day dinner and we LOVED it!! Thank you Loretta for a fabulous recipe!
Provided by katie in the UP
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Season pork with 1/4 tsp of the salt and pepper.
- Add the cabbage to a 6 qt slow cooker.
- Top with potatoes; spread apple cubes on top in an even layer.
- Add pork.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, wine, sugar, caraway seeds and allspice.
- Pour around meat.
- Cover and cook on hight heat for 4 1/2 hours or on low heat for 7 hours.
- Uncover cooker and transfer pork to a cutting board.
- Cover loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes.
- Season cabbage mixture with remaining 1/2 tsp salt.
- Transfer potatoes and cabbage mixture to a platter. Cut pork into thick slices; spread on top of cabbage.
- Serve warm, drizzle with cooking liquid.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 581.4, Fat 24.1, SaturatedFat 8.3, Cholesterol 119.1, Sodium 417.5, Carbohydrate 45.9, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 27.7, Protein 40.1
PORK CHOPS WITH RED CABBAGE
- For cabbage:
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage, onion, garlic and marjoram and cook until cabbage and onion are tender, stirring occasionally, about 50 minutes. Stir in balsamic vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared up to 3 hours ahead. Cover skillet and let stand at room temperature. Bring to simmer before continuing with recipe.)
- For pork:
- Heat oil in another heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Rub with marjoram. Add pork chops to skillet and fry until cooked through, turning once, about 6 minutes. Transfer cabbage to platter. Place pork chops atop cabbage. Remove skillet from heat. Add chicken broth and balsamic vinegar to skillet. Stir with wooden spoon, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Pour sauce over pork and serve.
SAUTEED PORK CHOPS WITH SWEET-AND-SOUR RED CABBAGE
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cook bacon in a 4- to 5-quart wide heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, and transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Measure fat and, if less than 2 tablespoons, add enough vegetable oil to bring total to 2 tablespoons. Heat fat over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook onion, stirring occasionally, until it begins to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Add cabbage and turn with tongs until coated with fat. Stir in red-wine vinegar, water, sugar, caraway seeds, 3/4teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and braise cabbage over moderately low heat, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat 2 pork chops dry and sprinkle both sides with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (total). Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then brown seasoned chops, turning over once, 5 minutes total, and transfer to a shallow baking pan (1 inch deep). Season remaining 2 chops and brown in oil remaining in skillet in same manner, transferring to baking pan. Roast chops in oven until thermometer inserted horizontally 2 inches into center of a chop (do not touch bone) registers 145°F, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir half of bacon into cabbage, then finely chop remaining bacon for sprinkling.
- Let chops stand in pan, loosely covered with foil, 5 minutes. Serve chops over cabbage, with any pan juices spooned over and sprinkled with bacon.
More about "pork chops with red cabbage recipes"
PORK CHOPS WITH BRAISED RED CABBAGE RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
Total Time 35 mins
PORK CHOPS WITH CREAM SAUCE AND RED CABBAGE RECIPE
3.7/5 (13)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory EntreeCalories 533 per serving
PORK CHOPS WITH RED CABBAGE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Cuisine European, Eastern EuropeanCategory Side DishServings 2Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
PORK AND RED CABBAGE SKILLET | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
5/5 (14)Calories 425 per servingTotal Time 25 mins
- In a 12-inch skillet heat 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil over medium-high. Season pork with salt and black pepper. Add half the pork to skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate; keep warm. Repeat with remaining pork.
- Add cabbage and remaining 2 Tbsp. of the olive oil to skillet. Heat over medium 10 minutes or until wilted. Add onion mixture to cabbage along with remaining vinegar and the pepitas; toss to coat. Serve with pork.
PORK CHOPS WITH WARM CABBAGE SLAW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (4)Total Time 30 minsServings 4Calories 492 per serving
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Season pork chops with 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Cook, turning once, until browned but still slightly pink in center, 5 minutes total. Transfer to a plate, tent with foil, and let rest.
- Melt butter in the same pan. Cook cabbage, bell pepper, onion, apple, and carrots until just starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Mix in vinegar, sugar, and remaining 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Serve with pork chops.
PORK CHOPS WITH SAUTéED RED CABBAGE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
- Bring 6 cups water, 1/4 cup kosher salt, 1/4 cup brown sugar, whole allspice, and bay leaves to boil in large saucepan, stirring to dissolve salt and brown sugar. Cool brine completely in refrigerator; add pork chops and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sliced red onion and sauté 2 minutes. Stir in bay leaf, sage sprig, and dried crushed red pepper. Add sliced red cabbage and cook until wilted and crisptender, stirring often, about 10 minutes. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Remove pork chops from brine; pat dry. Season lightly with salt and generously with ground black pepper. Heat olive oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Cook pork chops in skillet until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven and cook until thermometer inserted horizontally into pork chops registers 145°F, about 7 minutes. Transfer pork to plate (do not clean skillet). Add chicken broth, beef broth, thyme sprig, sage leaves, rosemary sprig, and parsley sprig to skillet and boil until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 9 minutes. Discard herbs. Whisk in 1 teaspoon chopped sage and 1 tablespoon butter. Keep warm.
- Rewarm cabbage. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
PAN-ROASTED PORK CHOPS WITH CABBAGE AND CARROTS RECIPE ...
Servings 4Calories 310 per servingTotal Time 30 mins
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Sprinkle pork chops evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Remove from pan; cover to keep warm. Add cabbage, carrot, caraway seeds, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper to pan.
BRAISED PORK AND RED CABBAGE IN THE SLOW COOKER - RESTLESS ...
Cuisine German/Eastern EuropeanCategory DinnerServings 6Total Time 6 hrs 20 mins
- Cook the bacon, carrots and onion in the butter oven a slow heat. You want it to be done without being brown.
PORK CHOPS WITH RED CABBAGE AND PEARS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Diabetic Pork RecipesCalories 239 per servingTotal Time 30 mins
- In a small bowl, combine cider vinegar, brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon sage. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the mixture; set both mixtures aside.
- Trim fat from pork chops. Sprinkle pork with the dried thyme, the salt, 1/4 teaspoon sage, and the pepper. In a very large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until pork is slightly pink in the center and juices run clear, turning pork chops once halfway through cooking and brushing with the 1 tablespoon vinegar mixture for the last 1 minute of cooking time. Remove pork chops from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- Add red cabbage and onion to skillet. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 6 minutes. Add the remaining vinegar mixture and the pears to skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Top with pork chops; heat through. If desired, sprinkle chops with fresh sage and/or thyme.
PORK CUTLETS WITH MAPLE-SPICED APPLES & RED CABBAGE RECIPE ...
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 50 minsCategory Healthy Pork RecipesCalories 497 per serving
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Set a wire rack on a foil-lined baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples, cabbage, onion and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture begins to soften, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in maple syrup and vinegar. Reduce heat to low and cook until the cabbage is tender, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place each pork chop between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound with the smooth side of a meat mallet or a heavy saucepan until 1/4 inch thick. Season the pork on both sides with salt and pepper. Place flour on a large plate. Whisk egg and mustard in a shallow dish. Mix panko and 1 tablespoon oil in another shallow dish. Dredge the pork in the flour, dip in the egg mixture, then dredge in the panko. Place on the wire rack. Coat both sides with cooking spray.
- Bake until the pork is cooked through and the breadcrumbs are just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Season the cabbage mixture with pepper and serve with the cutlets.
PORK CHOPS WITH RED CABBAGE AND RHUBARB | MIDWEST LIVING
Total Time 20 minsCalories 238 per serving
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook red cabbage, rhubarb and garlic in 2 teaspoons olive oil for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, combine rosemary, pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Rub on both sides of chops. In a very large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook chops about 3 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Serve with cabbage mixture.
APPLE CIDER PORK WITH RED CABBAGE • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
Reviews 6Category DinnerCuisine GermanTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with thyme, salt and pepper. Press the seasonings into the chops.
- Place the pork chops in the hot pan and sear until golden, 2-3 min each side. Remove the pork from the pan and set aside.
PORK CHOPS WITH RED CABBAGE AND APPLES ⋆ CLEVER CHEF RECIPES
Cuisine WorldwideCategory Dinner, Easy, Main DishServings 4Estimated Reading Time 1 min
PORK CHOPS WITH FRESH GREEN AND RED CABBAGE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (5)Total Time 45 minsServings 4Calories 516 per serving
POTATO-CRUSTED PORK WITH BRAISED RED CABBAGE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Servings 4Category Main Course
HOW TO MAKE AWARD-WINNING EASY PAN SEARED PORK CHOPS WITH ...
GERMAN STYLE PORK CHOPS AND RED CABBAGE RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #pork #vegetables #stove-top #dietary #one-dish-meal #meat #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook cabbage and pork chops?For Cabbage--. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage, onion, apple, garlic and marjoram and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in balsamic vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. For Pork--. Heat oil in another skillet over medium high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
How do you cook pork chops in a skillet?Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage, onion, apple, garlic and marjoram and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in balsamic vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. For Pork--. Heat oil in another skillet over medium high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
How to cook pork roast in a crock pot with cabbage?Mix cabbage, onion, apple, brown sugar, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in cooker. Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. If pork roast comes in netting or is tied, do not remove. Sprinkle pork with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
How to cook pork loin steak with cabbage?Cook pork in skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides. Place pork on cabbage mixture. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 7 to 9 hours. Remove netting or strings from pork. Serve pork with cabbage.