SIMPLE AU GRATIN POTATOES
These homemade au gratin potatoes are always welcome at our dinner table, and they're so simple to make. A perfect complement to ham, this homey potato gratin also goes well with pork, chicken and other entrees. -Cris O'Brien, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add potatoes and onion., Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 1 hour. Uncover; bake 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. If desired, top with additional pepper.
THREE-CHEESE POTATO GRATIN
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until tender and golden, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and stir 1 minute. Add the cream, broth, rosemary, salt and pepper. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Mix all the grated cheeses together in a medium bowl.
- Mix the yams and potatoes together in a medium bowl.
- Arrange one-third of the potato mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with one-third of the cheese mixture. Repeat the layers twice more ending with a layer of the cheese mixture. Pour the cream mixture over the layers and cover the pan with foil.
- Bake the gratin until the potatoes are almost tender, about 45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the potatoes are tender and golden on top, 20 to 25 minutes longer. Remove from the oven and let the gratin rest, 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley, if using, and serve.
CREAMY AU GRATIN POTATOES
This is my husband's favorite dish, and he considers it a special occasion every time I make it. The creamy cheese sauce and the tender potatoes in this classic French dish combine to make a deliciously addictive experience. It's a great side dish with a roast pork loin or beef tenderloin. Add a green salad and French bread, and you have found the magic path to a man's heart. To avoid lumps in your sauce, add the milk just a little at a time as you stir the flour and butter. Experiment with different cheeses for variety.
Provided by CathyM
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a medium casserole dish.
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Top with the onion slices, and add the remaining potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour and salt, and stir constantly with a whisk for one minute. Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened. Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds. Pour cheese over the potatoes, and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven.
AUBERGINE, POTATO & GOAT'S CHEESE GRATIN
This healthy aubergine gratin makes a moreish side dish with lamb but can be eaten veggie as well
Provided by Diana Henry
Categories Dinner, Main course, Side dish
Yield 6-8 as a side dish, 4-6 as a main course
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Heat 11 /2 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan and cook the aubergines in batches, browning on both sides, then lower the heat and cook until they are soft. You will need to add more olive oil as you cook, but try not to add too much. (Roast the aubergines if you prefer - brush them with olive oil, place on baking sheets and cook for about 15 mins. I just like the texture better if they are fried for this.) Season them while they're cooking. As each batch is ready, remove from the pan and lay them on a double layer of kitchen paper.
- Heat another 1 tbsp of oil in the pan and add the onions. Cook over a medium heat until softening, about 10-12 mins, then add the garlic and cook for another few mins.
- Slice the potatoes very, very finely. It's best to do this on a mandolin if you have one - it takes more work (and a lot more time) to cut them with a knife.
- Brush the bottom of a gratin dish with olive oil, and arrange the vegetables in layers. Start with half the potatoes, then half the aubergine, onions and tomatoes. Sprinkle the thyme, lemon zest, goat's cheese, olives and seasoning, along with little drizzles of olive oil on the layers as you go. Add another layer of aubergine, onions and tomatoes, again adding the other ingredients as you go. Finish with the rest of the potatoes, arranging them neatly on top. Brush with olive oil and bake for 45 mins. The gratin should be soft, the potatoes tender and the top golden.
GRATIN DAUPHINOIS - CLASSIC FRENCH POTATOES BAKED IN CREAM
Very simple with no cheese topping or onions, just potatoes, butter, and cream, with a bit of garlic. Optional - If you add cheese to this dish, it will become a Gratin Savoyard. The recipe originated in the Dauphine, a region of mountains, forests, and pasturelands that lies between the Savoy with its alpine lakes and snowy peaks, and Provence, home to sunshine and lavender. Serve with meat or poultry. Note: Make sure your baking dish is large enough to allow the cream to completely cover the potatoes. Adapted from Williams-Sonoma.
Provided by BecR2400
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Rub a large 3-qt. (3-l) baking dish about 3 1/2 inches deep with a split garlic clove and butter generously.
- Chop the garlic.
- Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, slice the potatoes as thinly as possible, about 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick. Blot the slices dry with paper towels.
- Spread a layer of potatoes in the prepared dish, slightly overlapping them if desired, and sprinkle with salt & pepper; cover evenly with a small amount of cream, and sprinkle with a little chopped garlic (sprinkle layers and top with grated gruyere cheese, if using).
- Repeat the layering until all the potatoes and garlic are used and the potatoes are completely submerged by the cream.
- Dot with small bits of butter.
- Bake in the hot preheated oven for a good hour, then increase the temperature to 400F (200C) for the last 15-20 minutes until the potatoes have absorbed all of the cream and the top has turned a nice golden brown in color.
- Serve in the cooking dish straight from the oven, sprinkling each portion with some of the chives and parsley.
- Menu idea: Serve with steak, peaches in red wine and a beaujolais wine to drink!
BAKED TOMATO, GRUYèRE & POTATO GRATIN
Layer up sliced potatoes and tomatoes with a cheesy, creamy sauce, then top with walnuts and breadcrumbs for a vegetarian bake
Provided by Sarah Cook
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Generously grease a large, deep, ovenproof dish. Strip the leaves from 3 of the thyme sprigs. Mix the gruyère with all but 2 tbsp of the grated parmesan, then mix the double cream with the stock.
- Start layering up the sliced potatoes with sprinklings of the shallots, garlic, thyme leaves, cheese and most of the walnuts, plus plenty of seasoning. Drizzle a little of the cream mixture over each layer too. When you've layered in half of those ingredients, top with half of the tomatoes. Continue layering the rest of the ingredients, finishing with the last of the cream. Top with the remaining tomatoes, then sprinkle over the breadcrumbs, the remaining parmesan and walnuts, and enough thyme to look pretty. Add a few more knobs of butter, then cover with foil.
- Bake the gratin for 1 hr 15 mins, then remove the foil and bake for a further 40 mins until golden and crispy on top, and a knife poked into the centre of the potatoes slides in easily. Leave to rest for 10-15 mins, then serve.
SWEET POTATO AND GRUYERE GRATIN
This elegant and creamy take on a sweet potato gratin is elevated with a Gruyere cheese sauce made with four fresh herbs. Top with more fresh herbs before serving, if desired.
Provided by Sandy Wilson Wickberg
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Stir together cream, milk, butter, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in parsley, thyme, sage, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange 1/2 of the sweet potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish, pour 1/2 of the cream mixture on top, and sprinkle with 1/2 of the Gruyere cheese. Repeat layers once more; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake, uncovered, until potatoes are tender and cream and cheese mixture is bubbly and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
POTATO, LEEK, HAM, AND CHEESE GRATIN
i adapted this from cooking light and made it even lighter! i prepared it for my family of eight and everyone loved it. i prepared it earlier in the day and popped it in the oven in the evening. it turned out perfectly.
Provided by KristenErinM
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- place potatoes in water.
- boil and drain.
- set aside.
- cook leek in pan coated with cooking spray over medium heat, covered, for about 10 minute or until tender.
- remove leeks from pan and set aside.
- in same pan add broth, mustard, pepper and stir until blended.
- add flour and milk.
- stir to combine.
- bring to a boil, reduce heat and stir constantly until mixture thickens.
- remove from heat.
- spray 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- pour 1cup milk mixture into pan.
- arrange 2 1/3 Cup potatoes over mixture.
- then add 1 1/2 cups of diced ham, and then 1 Cup leek, then 1/2 cheese.
- repeat the layers once.
- top with remaining potatoes and the rest of the milk mixture.
- top with remaining cheese.
- bake at 375 for 45 minutes until browned and bubbly.
POTATO AND CHEESE GRATIN
- Parboil potatoes for 15 minutes until barely tender. Drain, peel them and cut into thick slices. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With some of the melted butter, lightly grease bottom of shallow casserole. Arrange all of the potato slices overlapping in the bottom of a casserole and season well with salt and pepper; sprinkle with half of Parmesan.
- Arrange tomatoes over potatoes and season them with salt and pepper and half of parsley. Scatter mozzarella over tomatoes. Mix parsley with melted butter and season with salt and pepper and scatter over mozzarella. Top with remaining Parmesan and bake for 25 minutes or until all ingredients are hot and cheese is melted.
More about "potato and cheese gratin bake recipes"
3 CHEESE POTATOES AU GRATIN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
2019-11-11 · Whether you call this recipe potato gratin, au gratin potatoes, scalloped potatoes or plain old potato bake, it’s a classic all over the world for a reason. Potatoes layered with cheese and garlic before being drowned in cream before baked until golden brown and bubbling is ALWAYS a good idea. My favorite version of this recipe is always simple. Cheese, potatoes…
- Season the potatoes with salt, pepper and thyme. Add a few tablespoons of cheese. Repeat until all the potatoes and cheese have been used.
POTATO, CHEESE AND ONION GRATIN RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
2009-02-28 · In a bowl, mix cheese with crème fraîche and chives. In a buttered 1-1.2-litre baking dish, layer the potatoes with chopped spring onions and the cheese mixture. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 50 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked. Remove the foil, sprinkle with a little more cheese …
- In a buttered 1-1.2-litre baking dish, layer the potatoes with chopped spring onions and the cheese mixture. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 50 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked.
POTATOES AU GRATIN (DAUPHINOISE) | RECIPETIN EATS
2020-12-20 · Mix until combined. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Slice potatoes: Peel the potatoes and slice them 1/8"/3 mm thick. Or use a slicer! Layer 1: Spread 1/3 of the potatoes in a baking dish (Note 3), then pour over 1/3 of the Cream Mixture, scatter with 1/3 of the salt, pepper and thyme. Sprinkle with 3/4 cups cheese.
- Layer 1: Spread 1/3 of the potatoes in a baking dish (Note 3), then pour over 1/3 of the Cream Mixture, scatter with 1/3 of the salt, pepper and thyme. Sprinkle with 3/4 cups cheese.
SPINACH AND POTATO GRATIN | TESCO REAL FOOD
Spread the spinach over the potatoes, sprinkle over half the cheese, then layer the remaining potatoes on top. Mix the milk and crème fraîche, then pour over the potatoes and spinach. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining cheese and bake …
POTATO GRATIN WITH CHEESE AND BACON RECIPE
2019-07-25 · 2 1/2 lb /1.2 kg waxy potatoes (Charlotte or Maris Peer work well) 1 oz / 25 g unsalted butter. 9 oz/ 255 g piece Reblochon cheese or other strong cheese. 6 oz /175 g smoked bacon pieces or lardons. 2 1/2 C /600 ml heavy/double cream. Sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Rate This Recipe.
POTATO AND CHEESE GRATIN BAKE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Peel the potatoes and cut into slices approximately 0.5 cm thick. Cut the bacon into strips. Peel and dice the onions. Peel and slice the garlic.
See details »
PERFECT POTATO GRATIN WITH FETA CHEESE - MY GREEK DISH
Spoon half of the potatoes mixture into the potato gratin dish in an even layer. Add the crumbled feta cheese and half of the onion mixture. Spoon the rest of the potatoes into the dish and even. Top with the rest of the onion mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan. Cover with aluminium foil and bake …
- To prepare these amazing potato gratin recipe, finely chop the onion and garlic. Into a hot pan, add 2 tbsps of olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic, until tender. Add the honey and oregano and stir. Set aside.
- For the béchamel sauce, melt 2 tbsps of butter into a deep pan, over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk to make a paste. Add the vegetable stock, whilst whisking and then pour in the cream, a little bit at a time, whilst whisking, to form a smooth cream. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes. Add the potatoes in the béchamel sauce and the spring onions and stir well. Spoon half of the potatoes mixture into the potato gratin dish in an even layer. Add the crumbled feta cheese and half of the onion mixture. Spoon the rest of the potatoes into the dish and even. Top with the rest of the onion mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake in preheated oven at 180C for 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove the foil the last 30 minutes, so that the potatoes are nicely coloured.
EASY CHEESY POTATO AND ONION AU GRATIN - PUDGE FACTOR
2018-04-07 · Making the Easy Cheesy Potato and Onion Au Gratin Cheese Sauce: ... Once the onions and cheese sauce were ready, it was time to build the casserole. First, I layered half of the thinly sliced potatoes in a 2-quart baking dish that I had sprayed with vegetable spray. Then, I topped the potatoes with the sautéed onions, and poured on half of the cheese …
- Sauté onions in 1 tablespoon of melted butter over medium heat until softened, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour. Stir constantly with a whisk for one minute. Add milk; whisk until mixture has thickened. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of cheese; continue whisking until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Top with the sautéed onions and 1/2 of cheese sauce. Top with the remaining potatoes and remaining cheese sauce.
STUNNING TWO POTATO GRATIN RECIPE - POTATO SIDE DISHES ...
2020-11-09 · Preheat oven to 375°F. Peel potatoes, and, using a mandolin or vegetable slicer, cut into very thin slices. In a large bowl, gently toss potatoes with salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, thyme, sage, rosemary, cheese, and onion, until everything is evenly mixed. Be careful not to break the thin potato …
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Peel potatoes, and, using a mandolin or vegetable slicer, cut into very thin slices. In a large bowl, gently toss potatoes with salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, thyme, sage, rosemary, cheese, and onion, until everything is evenly mixed. Be careful not to break the thin potato slices.
- Working with a small handful of potatoes at a time, gently line up coated slices in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet or 2-quart baking dish. Pour milk and broth over potatoes. Cover pan with foil and seal around edges.
- Bake 50 minutes and remove foil. Continue to bake until potatoes are tender and top is golden, 15 to 20 minutes more. You can test the potatoes with a knife to see if they are tender throughout. Cool slightly and serve hot.
BOUREKI: ZUCCHINI, POTATO & CHEESE GRATIN FROM CHANIA ...
2020-07-11 · Dollop ¼ of the feta cheese mixture on top. Dust lightly with all-purpose flour. Layer half of the potato slices on top. Drizzle half of the heavy whipping cream on top and sprinkle 1/3 of the parmesan cheese over top. Dollop ¼ of the feta cheese mixture over that. Repeat the zucchini layer as before then the potato …
- Place the zucchini slices in a colander and sprinkle with some salt. Set aside for 1 hour to drain. This step is important so that the gratin will not become watery. Discard all of the liquid that the zucchini releases, pat the slices dry. Drizzle some oil on the zucchini slices, season with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Put the sliced potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle 1/4 cup of olive oil over them. Season well with salt and black pepper.
CHEESE & BACON GRATIN - FOOD | DRINK | RECIPES
Whisk together the crème fraîche, stock and mustard and pour over the layered gratin, then scatter over the reserved cheese and a good grinding of black pepper. Bake for 50 minutes until cooked through and golden brown, covering with foil towards the end if the top starts to get brown. About 10 minutes before the end of baking, scatter over the breadcrumbs and pumpkin seeds. Serve warm.
CHEESE HERB POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | POTATO GRATIN STACKED ...
2020-11-02 · Working with a small handful of potatoes at a time, gently line up coated slices in prepared skillet or 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved cheese. Pour milk and broth over potatoes. Cover pan with foil and seal around edges. Bake 50 minutes and remove foil.
EASY POTATO GRATIN WITH CHEESE & BACON | JAMIE OLIVER
2014-11-10 · Mardi’s easy cheese & bacon potato gratin recipe. Preheat oven to 200˚C/400˚F/gas 6. Generously butter a deep 10” x 7” ovenproof dish with the butter and set aside. In a heavy saucepan, bring the cream and garlic to a boil over medium-high heat, then allow to simmer for a couple of minutes. Remove cream from the heat and add the ...
POTATO LEEK AND CHEESE GRATIN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
2019-08-03 · Cover the dish and bake 20 minutes. Uncover the dish and continue baking until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork and the whole thing is a lovely bubbling brown on top, about 25 more minutes (depending on how fresh the potatoes are, cooking time may take as long as 90 minutes—cover the dish if the potatoes and cheese become too brown).
CURTIS STONE | POTATO AND BACON AU GRATIN
The potato gratin will remain hot up to 30 minutes after baking. Do not slice the ... Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese over. Repeat layering the remaining potato mixture and cheese 3 more times. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the potatoes are tender and golden brown on top, about 20 minutes. You should be able to gently poke a fork through the potatoes ...
See details »
POTATO GRATIN | AN EASY BAKED RECIPE - YOUTUBE
Potato Gratin | An Easy Baked Recipe Written Recipe https://www.thecookomania.com/2020/01/potato-gratin-how-to-make-potato-gratin.html?m=1 #potato gratin #ba...
See details »
POTATO GRATIN WITH GRUYERE AND GARLIC - ANNABEL LANGBEIN ...
2021-08-13 · Preheat oven to 200°C fanbake. Grease the base and sides of a shallow 30 x 25cm baking dish. Place the sliced potatoes, garlic, cheese, cream, salt and pepper in the baking dish. Toss to combine, making sure each potato slice is coated with cream. Spread mixture evenly in the dish. Bake until potatoes are tender and golden (about 1-1¼ hours).
See details »
POTATOES AU GRATIN WITH GRUYERE - DON'T SWEAT THE RECIPE
2021-08-05 · Layer 1/3 of the thinly sliced potatoes in a 9×13 inch casserole dish or similar baking dish. Pour 1/3 of the heavy cream mixture, 1/3 of the salt and pepper and thyme, and 1/3 of each of cheddar and gruyere cheese over the potatoes. Repeat this process for the second and third layers but on the third layer do not add the shredded cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 75 minutes or ...
See details »
CHEESE POTATO AU GRATIN RECIPES
Bake the gratin until the potatoes are almost tender, about 45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the potatoes are tender and golden on top, 20 to 25 minutes longer. Remove from the oven and let the gratin rest, 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley, if using, and serve. People also searched. homemade au gratin cheesy potatoes. best potato au gratin recipe. best ever ...
See details »