PARSNIP AND CARROT PUREE
- Place the parsnips and carrots into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain; return vegetables to pot. Turn heat to low, stir in the chives and 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Begin to puree mixture using an immersion blender. Add 3 tablespoons of butter and continue to puree until mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 164.3 calories, Carbohydrate 2.7 g, Cholesterol 45.8 mg, Fat 17.4 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 0.5 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Sodium 220.5 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
SWEET POTATO AND PARSNIP PUREE
- Place the potatoes and parsnips in a 4-quart saucepan. Add water to cover. Heat over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Drain the vegetables well in a colander.
- Place the vegetables, broth and butter into a food processor. Cover and process until the mixture is smooth. Add the brown sugar, black pepper and chopped chives. Cover and process until the mixture is just combined. Garnish with the additional chives.
POTATO PARSNIP PURéE
- Cover parsnips and potatoes with cold water by 1 inch in a 6- to 8-quart pot, then add 1tablespoon salt and bring to a boil, partially covered. Reduce heat and simmer vegetables, partially covered, until very tender but not falling apart, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring cream, butter, pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt to a simmer in 4-quart heavy pot over moderate heat.
- Drain vegetables in a colander. Force warm vegetables through ricer into cream mixture, then stir to combine well.
Funny how much I cook and simple things for me can sometime be hard to do. Like mashed potatoes. Yeah, you can laugh LOL But now I have my way to do them and it's always a success. I cook 4 cups of diced potatoes with 2 cups of water, in the microwave at high for 14 minutes. Then I add the other ingredients. This recipe is from Rachael Ray.
Provided by Boomette
Categories Low Protein
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the parsnips and potatoes until tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return the vegetables to the pot. Add the milk, sour cream and 4 tablespoons butter.
- Using a food processor and working in batches, puree the parsnip mixture, adding the reserved cooking water to thin the consistency as desired; season with salt. Serve with the remaining tablespoon butter melted on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280.6, Fat 12.7, SaturatedFat 7.6, Cholesterol 33.3, Sodium 112.2, Carbohydrate 40.2, Fiber 9, Sugar 9.2, Protein 4.2
POTATO AND PARSNIP GRATIN
Despite their unique and delicious flavor and fun-to-pronounce name, parsnips have really never caught on. We're going to hide them in a potato gratin and our friends and family will enjoy them without even knowing it! This is great as a brunch or breakfast potato side dish.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place potatoes and parsnips in a bowl of cold water.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place garlic and melted butter into a 2-quart baking dish; brush garlic and butter all over the inside of the dish.
- Slice potatoes very thin using a mandoline slicer.
- Layer 1/3 potato slices into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Season with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle a few thyme leaves onto potato slices and a light dusting of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Spoon about 3 tablespoons creme fraiche over cheese.
- Thinly slice parsnips using a vegetable peeler; arrange 1/2 the parsnip slices in an even layer over the creme fraiche and season with salt and black pepper. Repeat potato and parsnip layering process: 1/3 potato slices, salt and black pepper, thyme, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, creme fraiche, and remaining 1/2 parsnip slices. Dust with salt. Arrange last 1/3 potato slices on top and season with salt.
- Pour chicken broth over potato-parsnip layers about 3 tablespoons at a time. Shake dish gently to eliminate air bubbles. Gently spread remaining 2 tablespoons creme fraiche over the potatoes. Sprinkle cayenne and remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over the top.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven until gratin is browned and a knife pierces layers easily, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211.9 calories, Carbohydrate 12.9 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Fat 16 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 6.2 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 358 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
PARSNIP POTATO PUREE
- Bring a large pot of water with bay leaf, parsnips and potatoes to a boil. Cook vegetables until tender. Drain vegetables And return to warm pot. Using electric beaters, mash up vegetables and then beat in butter and cream. Season to taste and transfer to a flameproof casserole dish and create peaks with a spoon. Top with grated Parmesan and paprika. Bake for 30 minutes and brown under broiler.
PARSNIP POTATO PUREE
- Put the parsnips and potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with about 2 inches of water. Season the water generously with salt - TASTE IT to make sure the water is seasoned appropriately.
- Bring the water to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook the parsnips and potatoes until they are fork tender, about 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a boil. Turn off the heat and reserve.
- Drain the parsnips and potatoes and pass through a food mill.
- Toss in a couple of pats of cold butter and about 1/2 of the hot heavy cream. Stir vigorously to combine. Repeat the process with the remaining butter and heavy cream. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
SWEET-POTATO AND PARSNIP PURéE
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and parsnips and boil gently until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a food processor.
- Add butter and purée until smooth. Add milk, brown sugar, and salt and blend well. Season with pepper.
POTATO, PARSNIP, AND HERB-OIL PUREE
- Bring olive oil, peppercorns, bay leaf, rosemary, and cinnamon stick to a gentle simmer in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat, and let stand, covered, until cool. Strain. Meanwhile, cook potatoes and parsnips in a large pot of salted boiling water until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain, then immediately mash with infused oil, salt, and nutmeg.
More about "potato parsnip pure recipes"
CHEF THOMAS KELLER'S CREAMY PARSNIP PURéE RECIPE: LEARN TO ...
3.8/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- 1. Place the parsnips, cream, and water into the sauce pot. You may need to add additional water to cover the parsnips. Bring the liquid to a simmer and cook the parsnips until they have no resistance when tested with a paring knife.
- 2. Transfer the parsnips and thickened liquid to a blender. Begin blending on low speed and gradually increase the speed. With the blender running, add the butter and season conservatively with salt. Process until the purée is extremely smooth. Stop the blender and check the seasoning, adjusting with salt if necessary. Check the consistency and adjust with additional water if necessary to your preference.
- Learn more [cooking techniques with Chef Thomas Keller here](https://www.masterclass.com/classes/thomas-keller-teaches-cooking-techniques).
BEST PARSNIP PUREE RECIPE - HOW TO PUREE PARSNIP
4/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr
BRAISED SHORT RIBS + PARSNIP-POTATO PURéE RECIPE
Cuisine FrenchCategory MainServings 2Total Time 4 hrs
POTATO-PARSNIP PUREE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 8Calories 286 per servingTotal Time 40 mins
- Cover potatoes with cold, salted water in a large pot and bring to a boil; boil for 5 minutes. Add parsnips and boil until vegetables are cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- Shake pot over low heat to dry vegetables slightly. Add butter, cream, salt, pepper and, if desired, nutmeg. Mash with a potato masher to desired consistency. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired, and serve hot.
RUTABAGA AND PARSNIP PUREE RECIPE — THE MOM 100
Cuisine AmericanCategory Side DishServings 6Total Time 45 mins
- In a large pot melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for about 4 minutes, until tender. Add the rutabagas and parsnips and stir, then pour in the broth, raise the heat to high and bring to a simmer. Lower the heat to medium and simmer, covered, for about 25 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully transfer the vegetables to a food processor or blender. Pour in about 1/2 cup of the remaining cooking broth and puree with the sage leaves and honey until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add more liquid until you've reached your desired consistency, as thick or thin as you like (you may not use all of the broth). Serve hot with the onions or scallions sprinkled on top.
PARSNIP PUREE RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
5/5 (17)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and boil the parsnips and cauliflower for 10 to 12 minutes or until fork tender. Transfer to a blender.
- Add the roasted garlic to the blender along with the olive oil, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of salt, and a pinch of pepper. Blend, using the blender baton to push down the contents, and blend to a smooth consistency. If necessary, add a bit of water or broth to get the blender moving, but do so sparingly so the puree doesn’t become too thin. Taste and add the additional ½ teaspoon of salt, if desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the rosemary while the mash is still warm. Add a drizzle of olive oil, more pepper, if desired, and serve hot.
SWEET POTATO-PARSNIP PUREE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
5/5 (3)Calories 144 per servingServings 6
- Place in large saucepan and just cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until just soft, not mushy! (about 10 minutes).
- Put puree back into saucepan; mix in the cumin and tahini (or oil). Reheat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
GORDON RAMSAY'S EASY PARSNIP PUREE RECIPE - THEFOODXP
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 minsCategory Side DishCalories 468 per serving
POTATO PARSNIP PURéE | MASH POTATO ALTERNATIVE RECIPE ...
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
POTATO PARSNIP PUREE | VEGAN.IO
Servings 4Total Time 5 minsCategory SidesCalories 138 per serving
APPLE, PARSNIP & POTATO PUREE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 45 minsCalories 248 per serving
SHEPHERD'S PIE WITH POTATO-PARSNIP MASH – PLANTPURE NATION
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CREAMY PARSNIP PUREE RECIPE - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
PUREED ROASTED PARSNIPS RECIPE - PIONEERWOMANGINGHAM
CREAMY GARLIC PARSNIP PUREE RECIPE - CARING WELLNESS
QUICK PARSNIP PUREE - SPLASH OF TASTE - VEGETARIAN RECIPES
GARLIC POTATO PARSNIP PUREE | EMERILS.COM
THIS PARSNIP PURéE IS THE ULTIMATE HEALTHY MASHED POTATO ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook potatoes and parsnips on the stove?Place potatoes and parsnips in a large saucepan, add enough cold water to cover and bring to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt; reduce heat and simmer until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
How do you make mashed potatoes and parsnips with cream?While the potatoes and parsnips are still warm, press them through a potato ricer or food mill into a bowl. Add the warm cream a little at a time and beat with a wooden spoon until the potatoes are fluffy.
Can You purée parsnips in a food processor?Once the parsnips are smooth, add in butter, salt and pepper, and whiz some more until velvety smooth The ease of using a food processor alone makes puréed parsnips simpler than mashed potatoes, which get gummy with released starch when you overwork them or mix them too aggressively, according to The Kitchn.
What does parsnip mashed potatoes taste like?Mashed Parsnips combine buttery mashed potatoes with the subtle licorice scent of parsnips, plus fresh thyme and garlic, for a bold flavor you won't find in your typical mash. Since parsnips are similar in color and texture to potatoes, the two root veggies seamlessly blend together.