PUMPKIN SPICE POUND CAKE
I enjoy baking from scratch and sharing my treats with others. This recipe for nicely spiced pumpkin pound cakes one I've come to rely on. It's impossible to resist a slice topped with the sweet walnut sauce.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating just until combined. , Pour into two greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 65-70 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing form pans to wire racks to cool completely., For sauce, combine brown sugar, cream, corn syrup and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and vanilla. Serve warm over the cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 531 calories, Fat 26g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 140mg cholesterol, Sodium 314mg sodium, Carbohydrate 72g carbohydrate (51g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
OLD FASHIONED PRUNE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour Bundt or tube pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, soda, salt, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, eggs and 1 1/2 cup sugar. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Add flour mixture, alternating with 1 cup buttermilk, starting and ending with dry ingredients. beat well after each addition. Stir in prunes, pecans and 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla.
- Pour into greased and floured bundt or tube pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Make large, deep holes in hot cake and pour topping in holes and on top of cake a little at a time, giving it time to soak in.
- For the topping: In saucepan, over medium heat, cook butter, 3/4 cup buttermilk, corn syrup and 1 1/2 cup sugar until sugar and butter melt. Remove from heat and add 2 teaspoons vanilla and stir.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 701.5 calories, Carbohydrate 79.7 g, Cholesterol 78.4 mg, Fat 41.6 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 6.7 g, SaturatedFat 11.2 g, Sodium 438.1 mg, Sugar 58.9 g
PUMPKIN CRUNCH CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix well, and spread into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the pumpkin mixture, and pat down. Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over the cake mix, then drizzle with melted margarine.
- Bake for 60 to 80 minutes, or until done. Top with whipped topping when ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 411.8 calories, Carbohydrate 47.2 g, Cholesterol 48 mg, Fat 23.6 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 5.2 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 532.8 mg, Sugar 35.3 g
PUMPKIN PRUNE CAKE
- In a bowl, cream margarine with sugar.
- Beat in the egg, then pumpkin and milk.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Beat dry mix into the pumpkin mixture, and then stir in the prunes.
- Turn batter into greased and floured 8" square baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
PUMPKIN ORANGE CAKE
"This moist make-ahead spice cake with its flavorful orange frosting is popular at family gatherings," shares Shirley Glaab of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. "It's simple to prepare and it tastes so good, everyone asks for the recipe."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 22
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, beat pumpkin, orange juice, milk and orange zest. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin mixture, beating well after each addition. Fold in nuts., Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack., For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the milk, orange juice and zest. Frost cake. Garnish with candied peel if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 445 calories, Fat 17g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 71mg cholesterol, Sodium 395mg sodium, Carbohydrate 70g carbohydrate (51g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
More about "pumpkin prune cake recipes"
PUMPKIN AND PRUNE CAKE - IN SEARCH OF GOLDEN PUDDING
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
PUMPKIN AND PRUNE CAKE - REAL RECIPES FROM MUMS
User Interaction Count 42Estimated Reading Time 30 secs
PUMPKIN CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - ONCE …
LAURA'S OLD FASHIONED PRUNE CAKE - PALATABLE PASTIME
OLD-FASHIONED PRUNE CAKE - THE SOUTHERN LADY …
BEST PUMPKIN CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN CAKE
PUMPKIN CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING (SO EASY!)
PUMPKIN PINEAPPLE CAKE - THE BAKERMAMA
PUMPKIN PRUNE LOAF | HEALTHY GROCERY GIRL
PUMPKIN, PINEAPPLE & PRUNE CAKE - SUPERFOOD …
PUMPKIN AND PRUNE CAKE - ALLYSON GOFTON
THE BEST PUMPKIN CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
THE BEST PUMPKIN CAKE I'VE EVER HAD - SALLY'S BAKING …
10 BEST HEALTHY PRUNE CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
PUMPKIN LAYER CAKE - SUGAR SPUN RUN
PUMPKIN AND PRUNE CAKE - • JO SIMPLY WILL
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
PUMPKIN SPICE CAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
PUMPKIN DUMP CAKE (3 INGREDIENT) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
PRUNE CAKE RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
PUMPKIN, PINEAPPLE & PRUNE CAKE | PRUNE CAKE, LET THEM EAT …
PUMPKIN CRUNCH CAKE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
PUMPKIN ECLAIR CAKE (QUICK AND EASY!) - MY BAKING ADDICTION
RECIPE | PUMPKIN BREAD WITH PRUNES AND WALNUTS | NATALIE MACLEAN
PUMPKIN POUND CAKE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
INY’S PRUNE CAKE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
PUMPKIN CRUNCH CAKE - MY BAKING ADDICTION
PUMPKIN CAKE RECIPE : SBS FOOD
PUMPKIN AND PRUNE CAKE | IN SEARCH OF GOLDEN PUDDING
PUMPKIN PRUNE MUFFINS | RECIPE | PRUNE MUFFINS, MUFFIN RECIPES, …
THE BEST PUMPKIN CAKE RECIPE | EASY THANKSGIVING DESSERT IDEA!
WHAT'S FOR DINNER MUM?: PUMPKIN PRUNE CAKE
PUMPKIN-PRUNE CAKE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
EASY PUMPKIN CAKE RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
PUMPKIN AND PRUNE CAKE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SUGAR PLUM CAKE (A.K.A OLD-FASHIONED PRUNE CAKE) - SOUTHERN PLATE
PUMPKIN PRUNE CAKE RECIPE BY ADMIN | IFOOD.TV
PUMPKIN, PINEAPPLE AND PRUNE CAKE - MAGNOLIA VERANDAH
PRUNE CAKE RECIPE THE BEST : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
PRUNE CAKE | RICARDO
PUMPKIN CRUNCH CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PUMPKIN AND FIG CAKE | ALLYSON GOFTON
PRUNE AND PUMPKIN CAKE RECIPE | AUSSIE FARMERS DIRECT | PUMPKIN …
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #breads #breakfast #desserts #cakes #dietary
You'll also love