PURPLE VELVET CUPCAKES
These Purple Velvet Cupcakes are a unique take on classic red velvet cupcakes! Try this recipe if you're looking for a fun, colorful, and unique dessert.
Provided by Michael Wurm, Jr.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- For the cake begin by heating your oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare your cupcake pans by lining them with cupcake liners; then set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the ingredients for the cake. With the mixer on low speed, beat for about 30 seconds; then on medium speed, beat for an additional two minutes.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 3/4 of the way full. Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool about 10 minutes; then remove the cupcakes from the pan and allow them to cool completely.
- In the meantime, whip up the frosting. With an electric mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment; beat the butter, cream cheese, and salt until smooth. Add 2 cups of the powdered sugar - one cup at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla and about 1 tablespoon of heavy cream and continue beating. Then, add the remaining 2 cups of powdered sugar, one at a time. Scrap down the sides of the bowl when necessary. Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons of heavy cream until desired consistency is achieved. Add a drop of violet food coloring and beat until the color is uniform.
- Ice the cooled cupcakes with a spatula or a piping bag for a more finished look.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281 kcal, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 2 g, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Cholesterol 54 mg, Sodium 234 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 29 g, ServingSize 1 serving
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 21-26 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. , Tint 1/4 cup vanilla frosting pink; set aside. With remaining white frosting, create a white face-shaped stripe down the center of each cupcake. Fill in the unfrosted portions with chocolate frosting., Attach chocolate chips for eyes, miniature chips for noses and marshmallow halves for ears. With reserved pink frosting, create mouths and fill in ears.
Nutrition Facts :
PURPLE COW CUPCAKES
These cupcakes are a form of Red Velvet that were made with marshmallow fondant in order to kick off a new internal contest. They were adorable and not too hard, just took some time. Would be great for a kid's party, or a summer barbeque!
Provided by Katie D.
Yield 12 cupcakes, 12-15 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 27
- For the cake, sift dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking powder & soda, and salt) into a bowl and set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine buttermilk, vinegar, and food colouring. Mix thoroughly.
- In a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer on medium, beat butter and sugar. Once fluffy, add eggs, one at a time.
- Add the buttermilk mixture and beat well.
- Finally, on low, add the sifted dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Spoon into muffin cups until they are 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, then let cool.
- To make the fondant, put 8 oz marshmallows in microwave safe dish with 1 tsp water and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir, and continue until marshmallows are melted.
- Sift 1/2 lb confectioners sugar into mixing stand bowl. Make a well and pour marshmallow mixture into middle. Using paddle attachment, mix until combined. Sift additional 1/2 lb (or less if necessary) confectioners sugar into bowl, add 1 tbsp shortening and change to dough hook when mixture is no longer sticky.
- Repeat this process for a second batch, adding the purple food colouring to the marshmallow mix *before* adding into the sugar well.
- Knead both sets of fondant with hands until the right consistency, cover with a thin layer of shortening, wrap in plastic wrap and put in airtight container. Let sit for 30 minutes or more to rest.
- After fondant has rested, shape cow heads from white fondant.
- Shape 12 noses into a small ball and use a gum paste modeling tool to create the nostrils.
- Shape horns and attach to the head using a teaspoon of cornstarch to two teaspoons water. Let set for about 30 minutes.
- Using a small clump of white (about 1/4 cup), add a few drops of the pink food colour and knead with hands until pink is formed.
- Roll and cut wide and short obtuse triangles and lay the pink over the purple, then roll to create ears.
- Using the cornstarch mixture, attach the ears and let set for 30 - 60 minutes.
- Create small eyes using white fondant and black gum paste and attach with cornstarch mixture.
- Attach the noses to the heads, and let them rest on a pencil or the modeling tool until set (60 - 90 minutes).
- At this point, cupcakes should be cool and need to be iced. Mix cream cheese ingredients together with hand mixer. Spread over the top of each cupcake, one at a time.
- Separate the rest of the white fondant into twelve balls and roll thin, using a pizza cutter to make circular. Lay on top of cream cheese icing and tuck underneath. Repeat for remaining cupcakes.
- Roll purple fondant and cut cow-spot shapes. Attach with cornstarch mixture.
- With remaining purple fondant, create cow tails. Roll up small "snakes" and then using the modeling tool, tassel the tails.
- Attach heads to cow bodies using the cornstarch mixture. Let each cow's head rest on the others' backs for 2-3 hours or until set.
- Serve with pure, creamy milk. :).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 674.6, Fat 12.9, SaturatedFat 6.7, Cholesterol 67.4, Sodium 427.8, Carbohydrate 136.6, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 104.9, Protein 6.4
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 12 cupcakes
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Make the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with white paper liners. Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. Stir together the milk, lemon juice and vanilla in a small bowl; set aside (the milk will curdle). Beat the butter, 3/4 cup sugar and the lemon zest in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low. Beat in the flour mixture in three batches, alternating with the milk mixture in two batches, until combined. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat briefly until smooth.
- Beat the egg whites in a large bowl with a mixer on high speed until foamy. Gradually beat in the remaining 1/4 cup sugar; continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form, about 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, fold the beaten egg whites into the batter in two batches. Divide the batter evenly among 6 small bowls; tint each with 1 to 3 drops gel food coloring, stirring to distribute the color.
- Divide the purple batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups (about 1 1/2 teaspoons per cup) and gently spread to cover the bottom; layer the blue, green, yellow, orange and red batters on top, gently spreading each color but making sure not to swirl the colors together. (The liners will be full.) Bake until the tops of the cupcakes spring back when gently pressed, about 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting: Whisk the sugar, egg whites, water, vanilla, cream of tartar and salt in a large metal bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until combined (do not let the bowl touch the water). With the bowl still over the simmering water, beat the mixture with a hand mixer on medium-high speed until stiff glossy peaks form, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and let cool 5 minutes. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large round tip. Generously pipe onto the cupcakes.
PB&J STUFFED CUPCAKES
Kids (and kids at heart) are going to love these nostalgic cupcakes that take the flavors of peanut butter and jelly and transform them into a fun dessert. I like to use a cupcake corer to take out the centers to be filled with jelly, but you can also use a small paring knife if you prefer.
Provided by Kardea Brown
Yield 12 cupcakes; 2 1/2 cups frosting
Number Of Ingredients 16
- For the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment at medium speed until creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then, beat in the vanilla.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. In three additions, beat the flour mixture into the creamed butter mixture, alternating with additions of the milk, starting and ending with flour.
- Divide the batter evenly into the paper liners, filling them two-thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 16 to 18 minutes. Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting.
- For the peanut butter frosting: Beat the butter and peanut butter in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment at medium speed until creamy. Add the confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth. Add the milk, vanilla and salt, and beat until smooth and spreadable. Spoon the frosting into a pastry bag or zip-top bag fitted with a star tip.
- To finish the cupcakes, cut a small cylinder out of the center of each cupcake with a knife or cupcake corer, reserving the cake circles for another use. Spoon the grape jelly into a pastry bag and pipe a small amount into each hole. Pipe the frosting on top of each cupcake and decorate with purple sprinkles.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass and drink immediately.
Kids will need only three ingredients to whip up this bright beverage shared by Renee Schwebach of Dumont, Minnesota. The sweet blend gets its purple color and refreshing flavor from grape juice concentrate.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 3
- In a blender, combine milk and grape juice concentrate. Add ice cream; cover and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 286 calories, Fat 10g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 41mg cholesterol, Sodium 101mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (16g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 6g protein.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cream butter and sugar together well in mixing bowl. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Mix in vanilla. Measure flour, baking powder and salt into small bowl. Stir. Add milk to butter mixture in 2 parts alternately with flour mixture in 3 parts, beginning and ending with flour.
- Fill cones about 3/4 full leaving the batter 1/2 inch from top. Place filled cones on a baking tray. Bake in oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126.1 calories, Carbohydrate 19 g, Cholesterol 26.2 mg, Fat 4.7 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 116.8 mg, Sugar 9 g
PURPLE COW SHAKES
- Put the grape juice concentrate and milk in the blender.
- Add the ice cream to the grape juice mixture.
- Cover blender with lid, and blend on high speed 30 seconds. Pour the shake into the drinking glasses, and serve right away.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Shake, Sodium 85 mg, Sugar 34 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "purple cow cupcakes recipes"
THE CUTEST MOO-COW CUPCAKE FOR A BARNYARD THEMED …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Using a medium ice cream scooper, scoop out some frosting and place it onto the top of the cupcake
COWBOY CUPCAKES | RICARDO
4/5 (5)Calories 530 per servingCategory Desserts
PURPLE COW SMOOTHIE - WITH GRAPE JUICE, BLUEBERRIES AND VANILLA …
PURPLE COW - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SKINNY PURPLE VELVET CUPCAKES & CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - THE …
PURPLE COW SHAKE - LOVE BAKES GOOD CAKES
JYOTI NANRA (@THEPURPLECUPCAKE_) • INSTAGRAM PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
19 COW CAKES AND CUPCAKES IDEAS | COW CAKES, CUPCAKE …
EASY VALENTINE'S DAY CUPCAKE IDEAS - THE PIONEER WOMAN
PURPLE COWS | FOOD CHANNEL
HAVE THE BEST DAY WITH THESE HIGHLAND COW CUPCAKES
HOW TO MAKE HIGHLAND COW CUPCAKES... - BAKES BY HANNAH
THE PURPLE CUPCAKE - YOUTUBE
120 PURPLE CUPCAKES IDEAS | CUPCAKE CAKES, PURPLE …
25 FILLED CUPCAKES YOU’LL FLIP FOR - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
LSU LOVE PURPLE AND LIVE GOLD CUPCAKES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPRINKLE CUPCAKES WITH PURPLE BUTTERCREAM - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
DINER MENU — PURPLE COW
18 BEST CUPCAKE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
PINK AND PURPLE SWIRL PRINCESS CUPCAKES – MOMENTS WITH MANDI
10 BEST PURPLE YAM RECIPES | YUMMLY
VANILLA CUPCAKE & BUTTERCREAM RECIPES - PURPLE CUPCAKES
PURPLE COW MILKSHAKE RECIPE: QUICK & EASY - PITCHFORK FOODIE FARMS
ANNA OLSON'S VERY BEST CUPCAKE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
PURPLE COW - PURE LIQUOR
RAINBOW CUPCAKES WITH BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - JUST A TASTE
UBE RECIPES TO TRY | ALLRECIPES
SHEEP CUPCAKES - PREPPY KITCHEN
PERFECT VANILLA CUPCAKE RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
PURPLE COW DRINK - A KID FAVORITE BEVERAGE
PURPLE VELVET CUPCAKES - A CLASSIC TWIST
HOW TO MAKE MARBLE CUPCAKES - THE PIONEER WOMAN
FARM BARNYARD ANIMAL CUPCAKES, COW PIG HORSE CHICKEN CUPCAKES
PURPLE COW MILKSHAKE RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
BALTIMORE PURPLE TWIST CUPCAKES | MCCORMICK
PURPLE COW CAKERY
CUPCAKES WITH PURPLE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - SCRAPPY GEEK
PURPLE COW SMOOTHIES - FOODIE WITH FAMILY
PURPLE YAM CUPCAKES WITH COCONUT CREAM ICING - AMUSINGMARIA
You'll also love