CRUSTLESS LEEK QUICHE
Provided by Alex Guarnaschelli
Yield Makes one 9-inch tart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter. When the butter starts to froth and brown slightly on the edges of the pan, shut off the heat and add the leeks. Turn the heat back to medium and season the leeks with salt and pepper. Stir to blend. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the leeks become only slightly tender. Transfer the leeks to a baking sheet and place the sheet in the refrigerator.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl. Whisk the eggs to break them up. Add the slices of goat cheese and season with salt and pepper. Use a whisk to break up the goat cheese and blend it with the eggs. When it is fairly smooth, whisk in the cream, milk, hot sauce, and Worcestershire.
- Grease the bottom and sides of the baking dish with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and fill with the quiche batter.
- Place the dish in the center of the oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Open the oven door and gently layer the Brie slices on top of the quiche. Close the oven and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes until the top is slightly brown. Allow to cool for 20 to 30 minutes before cutting.
BACON, LEEK, AND TOMATO QUICHE
Absolutely Delicious and slightly less fattening because evaporated skim milk takes the place of the usual cream called for in quiche recipes. The mix of cheddar and swiss goes well with most add-ins such as asparagus, spinach, mushroom, or what-have-you. Have all your ingredients ready to go before you start. prep time does not include pre-baking the pie crusts.
Provided by bakedapple42
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 2 pies, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread leek and bacon over bottoms of two baked & cooled pie crusts. Set aside.
- In bowl, beat eggs and whisk in evaporated milk, set aside.
- In heavy saucepan, melt cheese with mustard, garlic, and worcestershire sauce. Mixture should be completely melted and look like a big glob. Remove from heat.
- Right away, start to stir in the egg/milk mixture, a little at a time, until smooth (Be patient, this takes a lot of stirring/whisking).
- Pour an equal amount into each pie crust.
- Wrap foil loosely around crust to prevent it from overcooking. Try not to let the foil touch the filling.
- Bake quiches for about 30 minutes, then remove from oven and arrange tomato wedges around the edges.
- Return to oven and finish baking, about 5-10 minutes, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 522.3, Fat 38.9, SaturatedFat 14.6, Cholesterol 195.7, Sodium 700.5, Carbohydrate 21.5, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 6.1, Protein 21.1
CARAMELIZED LEEK QUICHE
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 12-inch circle. Fit dough into a 10-inch round fluted tart pan with a removable bottom, pressing into edges. Trim dough to a 1/2-inch overhang all around. Fold edge of dough over to create an edge that extends 1/4-inch above the pan. Lightly prick bottom of dough all over with a fork. Chill until firm about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line bottom of dough with parchment paper, leaving at least a 1-inch overhang. Fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until the edges are just beginning to turn golden, about 30 minutes. Remove parchment paper and weights; continue baking until lightly golden all over, 10 to 15 minutes more. Cool tart shell completely on a wire rack.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until leeks soften and begin to brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over the bottom of the tart shell, top with cooked leek mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, yolk, milk, cream, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour mixture over leeks and cheese. Bake until puffed and golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool 10 minutes before serving, or serve at room temperature.
QUICHE WITH KALE, TOMATO, AND LEEK
A simple and healthy breakfast! I don't use pie crust, although I'm sure it would be delicious with crust also. I make this on Sunday night, and I'm a little less grumpy getting out of bed on Monday morning knowing I can microwave this for breakfast!
Provided by Katherine
Categories Breakfast Quiche
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch pie dish.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add kale, cover, and steam until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and place in prepared pie dish; add sliced leek and cherry tomatoes.
- Beat eggs in a bowl; stir in milk and shredded Italian cheese blend, followed by rosemary, sea salt, and ground black pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie dish. Stir gently until egg mixture and kale mixture are evenly combined.
- Bake quiche in preheated oven until the center has set, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with grated Parmesan. Continue baking until quiche is lightly browned on top, about 20 more minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 109.6 calories, Carbohydrate 4.1 g, Cholesterol 106.4 mg, Fat 7 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 216.7 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
We often have potluck breakfasts at my school. I came up with this leek quiche recipe so I could bring something different and filling to share. You can make it in the large pie version or in little tartlets. And if you want to make it vegetarian, just eliminate the sausage. —Kathryn Dampier, Quail Valley, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Unroll crust into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°., Line unpricked crust with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake on a lower oven rack until edges are golden brown, 10-15 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake until bottom is golden brown, 3-6 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°., In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks and mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add sausage and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over crust. Top with sausage mixture and tomatoes. Whisk eggs, cream, sour cream, thyme, salt and pepper; pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese., Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, top with additional fresh thyme.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 395 calories, Fat 29g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 143mg cholesterol, Sodium 543mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
CHEESY KALE QUICHE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Press pie crust into a pie plate.
- Place cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave until warmed, about 10 seconds. Stir cream cheese and milk together in a bowl; stir into beaten eggs. Stir Cheddar cheese into egg mixture; add kale and bacon. Pour egg mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top has golden brown spots and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337.9 calories, Carbohydrate 15.4 g, Cholesterol 139.4 mg, Fat 24.8 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 14.3 g, SaturatedFat 11.9 g, Sodium 390.9 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
KALE , ONION AND "BACON" QUICHE
This recipe is for a vegetarian quiche, but you can easily adapt it to a vegan version, or use meat to make it non-veggie. My whole family loved this, and they don't normally like quiche very much. I served it with a wild & long grain rice cooked with dried cranberries, and some carrots and peas.
Provided by Myra9035
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 1 quiche, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- If pie crust is not pre-baked, use baking beans or weights and pre-bake crust for about 5-10 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and saute 3 minutes. Add kale strips, and saute another 3-4 minutes.
- Season this mixture with salt and pepper. Let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, mix eggs, cheese, milk, flour and liquid smoke, if using. Add imitation bacon bits and stir. Add this mixture to the kale, onion and garlic, and pour everything into the pie crust.
- Place quiche in oven and bake for 35-45 minutes or until set and nicely browned on top.
More about "quiche with kale tomato and leek recipes"
KALE QUICHE WITH TOMATOES, CORN & CHEDDAR - OH MY VEGGIES
MUSHROOM AND LEEK QUICHE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SAVORY LEEK QUICHE RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
VEGAN QUICHE WITH KALE, TOMATO, AND ARTICHOKE - DIETITIAN DEBBIE
TOMATO AND LEEK QUICHE RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
KALE AND HEIRLOOM TOMATO CRUSTLESS QUICHE - FAMILY SPICE
KALE AND TOMATO QUICHE – MIXINGBOWL
CHEESY TOMATO AND KALE QUICHE - NEILS HEALTHY MEALS
QUICHE WITH KALE, TOMATO, AND LEEK - ALLRECIPES.COM RECIPE
QUICHE WITH KALE, TOMATO, AND LEEK - RECIPELER
HEIRLOOM TOMATO CORN LEEK QUICHE - ABERDEEN'S KITCHEN
TOMATO LEEK QUICHE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
BACON, LEEK AND TOMATO QUICHE WITH POLENTA CRUST - RECIPES
CRUSTLESS KALE & FETA QUICHE WITH GREEK YOGURT - SO...LET'S HANG OUT
CHERRY TOMATO, LEEK, AND SPINACH QUICHE - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
TOMATO LEEK AND MUSHROOM QUICHE - NEILS HEALTHY MEALS
QUICHE WITH KALE, TOMATO, AND LEEK - QUICHE
BLOOMINGTON BITES: CRUSTLESS LEEK & KALE QUICHE
LEEK, KALE AND GRUYèRE CHEESE QUICHE RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
EASY KALE QUICHE - A BEAUTIFUL MESS
ROASTED TOMATO AND LEEK QUICHE - HOTLY SPICED
QUICHE WITH KALE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
KALE QUICHE | THE BLOND COOK
KALE AND MUSHROOM QUICHE - GARLIC & ZEST
KALE AND LEEK QUICHE - CERES FAIR FOOD
POTATO, KALE AND LEEK QUICHE - AVONMORE
QUICHE WITH KALE, TOMATO, AND LEEK PHOTOS
ONION, CHEDDAR & KALE QUICHE - BOOTS & HOOVES HOMESTEAD
KALE, BACON, CHEDDAR AND TOMATO QUICHE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
POTATO, KALE & LEEK QUICHE — WHAT THE FRUITCAKE?!
KALE AND MUSHROOM QUICHE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
LEEK, MUSHROOMS AND TOMATOES QUICHE - THE PETIT GOURMET
BACON, TOMATO AND MUSHROOM QUICHE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
VEGETARIAN LOW-CARB QUICHE - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
KALE AND BACON QUICHE WITH GRUYERE AND SWISS CHEESE RECIPE
KALE, TOMATO AND BACON QUICHE - BY ANDREA JANSSEN
BACON AND TOMATO QUICHE RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
QUICHE WITH KALE, TOMATO, AND LEEK RECIPE - TASTY RECIPES
You'll also love