Quinoa Corn Salad
QUINOA CORN SALAD
i love the flavor of corn and basil together.
Time: 30 minutes
- bring water to a boil
- add quinoa and simmer for about 11 minutes
- add corn and cook another 1 to 3 minutes
- transfer quinoa and corn to a bowl
- stir to fluff and set aside to cool
- stir in basil , red peppers , onions , and olive oil
- add salt if needed
- stir in lemon juice to taste
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- fresh corn
- fresh basil
- roasted red pepper
- red onion
- olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
- Cook 1/2 cup red quinoa as the label directs. Put 3 shucked ears of corn in a bowl with a few tablespoons of water; loosely cover and microwave until tender, about 3 minutes. Cool, then cut off the kernels. Toss the quinoa and corn with 1 chopped large heirloom tomato, 2 sliced scallions, 3 tablespoons each olive oil and lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and a pinch of cayenne.
Number Of Ingredients: 0
QUINOA AND CORN SALAD
Try quinoa for a change of pace from rice. Paired with frozen corn and a lime vinaigrette, it's a tasty side dish that serves 12.
Recipe From bettycrocker.com
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
- Rinse quinoa in cold water; drain in fine-mesh strainer. In 1-quart saucepan, heat quinoa and 1 cup water to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Cool slightly. Meanwhile, cook corn as directed on package; cool.
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise; remove seeds and cut into 1 1/2x1/4-inch strips. In large salad bowl, stir cucumber, celery, bell pepper, onion, cooked quinoa and corn.
- In small bowl, beat vinegar, lime juice, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper with whisk until blended. Beat in oil. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Number Of Ingredients: 15
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup frozen corn (from 12-oz bag)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, if desired
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
BLACK BEAN, CORN, AND QUINOA SALAD
This is a wonderful Southwestern style salad that is quick and easy to make.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by tarnapx
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan. Stir in quinoa. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, until broth is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in corn. Cover and let stand until corn is warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk lime juice, red wine vinegar, lime zest, and cumin together in a large bowl. Whisk in avocado oil. Add black beans, red bell pepper, red onion, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in quinoa and corn.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- lime, zested
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
QUINOA CORN SALAD
Make and share this Quinoa Corn Salad recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by JeriBinNC
Yield 6 serving(s)
- Bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and simmer for about 11 minutes.
- Add corn and cook another 1 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer quinoa and corn to a bowl. Stir to fluff and set aside to cool.
- Stir in basil, red peppers, onions, and olive oil. Add salt if needed. Stir in lemon juice to taste.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, thoroughly rinsed
- 2 cups fresh corn (frozen is okay)
- 1 cup fresh basil, tightly packed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
QUINOA AND CORN SALAD
Fast,super healthy, delicious. This is great as a side dish or a main meal. I take this for lunch for work all the time.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by bbblampwork
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
- 1. To make the dressing, combine lemon juice, olive oil, cilantro or parsley, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- 2. Boil the water in a small saucepan and add corn; reduce heat and simmer until corn is tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- 3. Return cooking liquid to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Add quinoa and cumin; cover and simmer about 10 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Remove quinoa from heat and set aside 5 minutes. Fluff quinoa with a fork and transfer to a salad bowl; cool slightly. Add corn, black beans, tomato, and onion to quinoa. Toss with dressing and chill.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or 3 tablespoons parsley
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen corn (can use fresh)
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted
- 1 cup cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced red onions
BLACK BEAN & CORN QUINOA
Some vegan quinoa recipes are boring, but this one definitely isn't. My daughter's college asked parents for the best quinoa recipes to use in the dining halls. This healthy quinoa recipe fits the bill. -Lindsay McSweeney, Winchester, Massachusetts
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, red pepper, celery and seasonings; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender., Stir in stock and corn; bring to a boil. Stir in quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed., Add beans and 1/3 cup cilantro; heat through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
QUINOA AND CORN SALAD WITH PUMPKIN SEEDS
Quinoa has an impressive protein profile. It contains amino acids not normally found in grains, and it cooks in 15 minutes. In this Quinoa and Corn Salad with Pumpkin Seeds inspired by the flavors of Latin America, the mild, nutty flavor of quinoa combines with pumpkin seeds, red peppers, jalapeño, tomato, and avocado to make a flavorful, filling salad.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
- Bring 2 3/4 cups water to boil in a small saucepan and stir in the quinoa and some salt. Return to boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Turn off heat, place corn kernels on top of quinoa, cover pan, and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir corn into quinoa, remove from pan, and spread out on baking sheet to cool for about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, cumin, chili powder, garlic, oil, and salt to taste; set aside.
- Place cooled quinoa and corn, red pepper, cucumber, scallions, jalapeno, and cilantro in large bowl. Add 1/2 cup dressing (or more to taste) and salt to taste; mix until combined.
- Place large lettuce leaves side by side in a circle around a large serving platter so the curly tops extend just beyond the platter rim. Mound quinoa salad in center.
- Arrange tomato, avocado, and lime around quinoa on top of leaves. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds over salad. Serve immediately or hold briefly at room temperature.
Number Of Ingredients: 18
- Sea salt
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspooon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, thoroughly rinsed and drained (about 4 cups cooked)
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut from cob
- 1 medium red pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and diced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium head red-leaf lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried, small inner leaves reserved for future use
- 2 ripe medium tomatoes, cored and cut in thin wedges
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
More recipes about quinoa corn salad recipes
Quinoa And Roasted Corn Salad Recipe | ChefDeHome.com
Recipe From : chefdehome.comJun 03, 2020 · Ingredients. 1 Cup Quinoa (rinsed under running water) 1 Cup Mix Vegetables (I used diced carrots, rainbow radish, red bell pepper, red onion) 1/4 Cup Raisins (or dried cranberries) 2 Tomatoes (ripe tomatoes, seeds discarded and small diced) Black Pepper (adjust to taste) 2 Corn (corn … ...Show details
Corn, Avocado, and Quinoa Salad with Marinated Tomatoes
Recipe From : pinchofyum.comJun 30, 2020 · Cook quinoa according to package directions. Toss cooled quinoa with corn, tomatoes and juice, shallots, herbs, lime juice and zest, olive oil, and salt. The mixture will hold up pretty well for … ...Show details
Quinoa, Corn and Black Bean Salad Recipe - Kate Winslow
Recipe From : foodandwine.comFeb 20, 2014 · While the quinoa cooks, stir together the onions, jalapeño, olive oil, lime juice and cumin in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the warm quinoa to the dressing, … ...Show details
Healthy Corn and Black Bean Quinoa Salad Recipe
Recipe From : salads4lunch.comJun 25, 2020 · In a saucepan of salted boiling water cook quinoa for 14 minutes. While quinoa is cooking, in a small bowl toss beans with vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and cool. Add beans, corn, … ...Show details
15 Quinoa Salad Recipes | Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comOct 11, 2018 · Mexican Street Corn Quinoa Salad. Mexican street corn is the inspiration for this unique quinoa salad from Chef De Home. A chipotle and lime dressing complements the grilled corn, mango, avocado and cotija cheese. Get Recipe ...Show details
Quinoa with Corn and Scallions | Just a Taste
Recipe From : justataste.comAug 01, 2011 · Cook the quinoa in a pot of of boiling salted water per the package directions. Add the quinoa, corn kernels and chopped scallions to the bowl with the dressing and toss until it's evenly coated. … ...Show details
Quinoa Salad with Corn, Tomatoes and Avocado Recipe
Recipe From : recipes.netApr 15, 2021 · Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add the quinoa to the onions and continue cooking, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the vegetable broth and stir in ½ teaspoon salt. ...Show details
Quinoa Corn Salad (Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette) | Chelsea's
Recipe From : chelseasmessyapron.comJan 08, 2020 · A nutritious Mexican-inspired Quinoa Corn Salad with fresh avocado, crisp corn, black beans, cilantro, and green onions. This salad is dressed in our favorite chipotle-lime vinaigrette. Prep … ...Show details
Quinoa Corn Salad - Like Mother, Like Daughter
Recipe From : lmld.orgOct 07, 2015 · In a medium saucepan heat the olive oil over medium heat Add the minced garlic clove and corn, saute for 3 to 5 minutes - stirring occasionally to not let it burn In a medium bowl add the … ...Show details
Quinoa Salad Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comQuinoa Salad Recipes. Put quinoa together with all kinds of vegetables, beans, and greens for healthy, tasty salads. Staff Picks. Quinoa, Butternut Squash, and Kale Salad. ... Corn, and Quinoa Salad. Black Bean, Corn, and Quinoa Salad Rating: 4.83 stars. 24 This is a wonderful Southwestern style salad that is quick and easy to make. ... ...Show details
Corn and Quinoa Bowl - Annabel Langbein – Recipes
Recipe From : annabel-langbein.comSep 21, 2015 · While quinoa is cooling, heat oil in a large, heavy-based frypan over high heat and cook corn, zucchini and beans, if using, stirring to prevent sticking, until softened (about 5 minutes). Toss into quinoa along with all remaining ingredients. Serve chilled … ...Show details
Quinoa & Black Bean Salad with Corn and Avocado
Recipe From : foolproofliving.comMay 03, 2021 · To make the salad: Combine quinoa, beans, corn, bell pepper, red onion, scallions, and avocado in a large bowl. Sprinkle it with cilantro or parsley. Drizzle it with the dressing and give it a gentle stir. Serve. Variations. Add one or all of the following ingredients to really make this black bean quinoa salad your own and even take it to the ... ...Show details
Quinoa Salad Recipe with Corn and Chickpeas - Wellness for
Recipe From : wellnessforthewin.comApr 07, 2020 · Cook quinoa according to package instructions. While quinoa is cooking, drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil into a small skillet over medium heat. Add frozen sweet corn and peas and cook, stirring … ...Show details
Quinoa Corn and Avocado Salad | Forks Over Knives
Recipe From : forksoverknives.comJan 28, 2013 · Quick-cooking quinoa makes this a perfect summer salad when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen. It is also great for a last minute potluck, or when company comes over unexpectedly. Scroll down to see the recipe video. ...Show details
Corn, Quinoa and Feta Salad Recipe - TODAY.com
Recipe From : today.comApr 28, 2020 · Preparation 1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. 2. Combine the quinoa, 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 teaspoon of salt in an ovenproof saucepan over low and cook, stirring constantly, just until the quinoa ... ...Show details
Southwest Quinoa Salad with Black Beans, Corn, and Avocado
Recipe From : slenderkitchen.comJul 19, 2018 · Between the sweet corn, earthy black beans, creamy avocado, and the best cilantro dressing - it's hard to find a better quinoa and bean salad. And I would know, I make them all the time. Like many good recipes, this salad … ...Show details
Quinoa Southwest Salad with Creamy Chipotle Dressing
Recipe From : dishingouthealth.comApr 01, 2021 · Instructions Combine quinoa, broth, adobo sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and gently simmer, covered, until the quinoa is fluffy, about 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let quinoa cool for 10 minutes. ...Show details
Quinoa, Corn and Capsicum Salad recipe
Recipe From : tarladalal.comMar 20, 2020 · Quinoa corn capsicum salad recipe | quinoa salad | Quinoa corn and capsicum in lemon herb dressing | with 17 amazing images. Bask in the goodness of the ‘wonder grain’ with this fantastic Quinoa, Corn and Capsicum Salad.The unique texture of cooked quinoa is a perfect match for succulent sweet corn and crunchy capsicum. ...Show details
Quinoa, Corn, and Mint Salad Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.comApr 13, 2010 · Ingredient Checklist. 2 cups quinoa ; Kosher salt ; 3 cups fresh corn kernels (6 ears) 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped (about 1 cup) ¾ cup chopped fresh mint ...Show details
Summer Corn Quinoa Salad Recipe - The Kitchen Paper
Recipe From : thekitchenpaper.comAug 24, 2016 · Summer Corn Quinoa Salad Recipe. Today we have part TWO of the picnic extravaganza we started on Monday.Woop woop! This summer corn quinoa salad is ridiculously easy to throw together — I actually felt really lame writing the recipe (see below) because literally… throw it all together, and mix. ...Show details
Quinoa Salad with Corn & Avocado - Two Peas & Their Pod
Recipe From : twopeasandtheirpod.comJul 17, 2013 · Quinoa Salad with charred corn, avocado, poblano peppers, cotija cheese, and a simple cilantro lime dressing. This healthy gluten-free salad is a summer favorite! Yes, I am posting another quinoa salad. I hope you aren’t rolling your eyes at me right now because you need this Charred Corn & Avocado Quinoa Salad … ...Show details