VEGETABLE QUINOA PILAF
- Pour oil into a medium saucepan, and place over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrots; cook and stir for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Using a strainer, rinse quinoa under cold water. Drain well. Stir into the vegetables; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add water, bay leaf and lemon rind and juice; bring to boil. Cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Discard bay leaf. Stir in peas, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195 calories, Carbohydrate 29.1 g, Fat 6.5 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 76.8 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
QUINOA PILAF WITH MUSHROOMS
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and swirl olive oil around the inside of the pan to coat. Cook shallot in the hot oil until translucent, about 3 minutes; stir in cremini mushrooms, cooking and stirring until mushrooms are browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir quinoa, thyme, bay leaf, kosher salt, and black pepper into mushroom mixture. Cook, stirring often, until quinoa gives off a slightly toasted fragrance, about 5 minutes.
- Pour vegetable stock into quinoa mixture (stock may spatter a bit); stir to combine. Bring to a full boil, reduce heat to low, and cover pan; simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff quinoa pilaf with a fork; cover pan and let pilaf stand 10 more minutes to steam dry.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290.3 calories, Carbohydrate 45.4 g, Fat 7.4 g, Fiber 6.5 g, Protein 9.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 1083.8 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
QUINOA PILAF WITH SALMON, SPINACH AND MUSHROOMS
This is such a nutrient-dense food, packed with omega-3, protein, vitamins and minerals! I made this as a main dish, but it can also be served as a side dish or for brunch. Add a green salad and you can have a very healthy supper! Please visit my blog, www.InnerHarmonyNutrition.com for more gluten-free, low-GI recipes.
Provided by InnerHarmonyNutriti
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Salt and pepper the salmon fillet and sprinkle 1 Tbsp of white wine or sake.
- In the meantime, wash and chop all the vegetables.
- In a saucepan, place quinoa and 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the salmon fillet with the skin side down, reduce to a simmer, and cover. Cook until all water is absorbed, for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Heat a Tbsp olive oil in a skillet, add onion and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté. Finally add spinach and sauté until the spinach is completely wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the quinoa is done, turn off the heat. Carefully remove the salmon skin and flake the salmon with a fork. Mix with the quinoa.
- Add the vegetables and mix again. Season with salt and pepper.
- Infuse love into food and serve!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.2, Fat 8.6, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 16.1, Sodium 232.2, Carbohydrate 38.8, Fiber 9.1, Sugar 2.1, Protein 21.6
QUINOA PILAF WITH CRIMINI MUSHROOMS
This dish has been a big hit as a side dish at Calhoun. The kids at Calhoun were fascinated to learn that quinoa is not a grain but a seed. It looks like a grain and reacts like a grain when cooked but it is still a seed. You can see the stamen in cooked "grain". It's nutty and delicious as a replacement for rice.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place a saucepan on high heat and get it hot. Add the olive oil and swirl it around to make sure the entire surface is covered with oil. Add the shallot and sweat (cook until translucent but not brown). Add the crimini mushrooms and cook until brown. Add the quinoa, thyme leaves, bay leaf, kosher salt and black pepper to the pan and stir. Let the ingredients heat up and roast a little to bring out all their fullest flavors. The steam coming up should be very aromatic.
- Slowly and carefully add the vegetable stock (it will spatter because the pan and ingredients are hot). When it comes to full boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer, cover and allow to steam for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the heat, remove lid and fluff the quinoa and then replace the lid and allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust, if necessary. Serve.
QUINOA AND ALMOND PILAF
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high. Add shallot and cook until softened, 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add quinoa and cook 1 minute. Add 1 1/3 cups water, bring to simmer, and cover. Cook until water is absorbed, about 17 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes and then fluff with fork. Stir in almonds and parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315 g, Fat 17 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 5 g
More about "quinoa pilaf with mushrooms recipes"
MUSHROOM QUINOA PILAF - PLANT BASED COOKING
3.7/5 (17)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main Dishes, Side DishesCalories 193 per serving
- Saute mushrooms in a large saute pan over medium heat with very small amount of vegetable broth or water until cooked through.
- Add the quinoa, 2 cups vegetable broth or water to the pan and heat until boiling. Turn down heat to simmer and cook about 15 minutes until all of the water is absorbed.
- Add the peas during the last few minutes of cooking along with the sun-dried tomatoes, and slivered almonds. Stir to combine.
INSTANT POT QUINOA PILAF - LIFE MADE SIMPLE
4.8/5 (11)Total Time 30 minsCategory Side DishCalories 276 per serving
- Turn Instant Pot on SAUTE mode. When hot, add 1 tablespoon butter. When the butter has melted, add celery, onion, garlic, and quinoa. Toast for 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
- Add remaining butter, chicken broth, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and paprika. Place lid on and lock. Turn on MANUAL mode with high pressure selected for 1 minute (yes, ONE minute). Allow for natural release (this usually takes about 10-15 minutes).
MUSHROOM QUINOA PILAF RECIPE - RANCHO LA PUERTA
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
QUINOA PILAF RECIPE | GIADA DE LAURENTIIS | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (8)Author Giada De LaurentiisServings 4Category Side-Dish
GARLIC MUSHROOM QUINOA - DAMN DELICIOUS
5/5 (30)Servings 6
SAVOURY MUSHROOM QUINOA PILAF SIDE DISH - KARY …
Cuisine Asian, CanadianCategory Main Course, Side DishServings 4-6
- Soak the dried mushrooms in boiling water for 30 minutes. Scoop out mushrooms and slice thinly, reserving the mushroom soaking liquid - about 1.5 cups, if you’re left with less, add a bit of water to bring the mushroom broth to 1.5 cups.
- In a medium pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat, add onions, cook and stir until onions have softened, about 7 minutes. Add garlic and quinoa, cook and stir for 1 minute to toast quinoa. Add mushroom soaking lid, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until water is absorbed, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa cooks, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add both sliced mushrooms (soaked and fresh), cook for 5 minutes undisturbed to allow mushrooms to caramelize on one side; stir and cook for 5 more minutes until well browned. Season with a pinch of salt and deglaze the pan with white wine.
- To pot of cooked quinoa add browned mushrooms, roasted cashews, sliced green onions. Season well with salt and pepper.
QUINOA SPINACH PILAF WITH MUSHROOMS | THE …
4.7/5 (11)Total Time 30 minsCategory Side DishCalories 147 per serving
- Add finely chopped shallots, minced garlic cloves, and thinly sliced cremini mushrooms; cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of vegetable broth, quinoa and bring to a strong boil. Reduce the heat to lowest setting and lightly simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, about 15- 20 minutes.
- Stir in fresh spinach leaves spinach, lemon zest, chopped dill weed, juice of 1 lemon, and season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to your own taste.
EASY QUINOA PILAF WITH ASPARAGUS & BUTTON MUSHROOMS
Cuisine VeganTotal Time 25 minsCategory Appetizer, Side DishCalories 175 per serving
- Cook the quinoa using any method you prefer. I used my Instant Pot, but you can cook it on the stove or in a rice cooker, if you prefer.
- While the quinoa cooks, heat your oil on medium high in a medium skillet. Add the garlic, onion, and mushroom and cook, stirring, until the onions turn translucent and the mushrooms soften, 5-7 minutes. You can add 2 tablespoons of water to the pan, if things start to stick (see notes).
- Add the asparagus, thyme, and sage, and cook until the asparagus turns bright green, 3-5 minutes (see note).
MUSHROOM AND QUINOA PILAF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 8Total Time 45 minsCategory Long Grain RicePublished 2011-09-19
SKINNY BITCH TUESDAYS: QUINOA PILAF WITH MUSHROOMS …
Servings 6Total Time 35 minsCategory Low-CarbPublished 2019-02-18
ROASTED ASPARAGUS MUSHROOM QUINOA PILAF | CUPCAKES …
Reviews 17Category Meatless Main, Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
QUINOA PILAF WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS, CARROTS AND …
Cuisine AmericanCategory DinnerServings 1Published 2012-02-16
CRISPY MUSHROOM QUINOA PILAF | PLANT-BASED RECIPES
Servings 2Calories 820 per servingTotal Time 30 mins
QUINOA PILAF WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS RECIPE | …
Cuisine AmericanCategory Pan-Fry & SkilletServings 4Total Time 45 mins
QUINOA PILAF WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS, CARROTS AND …
EASIEST WAY TO PREPARE SPEEDY QUINOA PILAF WITH …
QUINOA WITH MUSHROOMS AND HERBS RECIPES
QUINOA "PILAF" WITH MUSHROOMS - GLUTEN-FREE GODDESS …
BROWN RICE, QUINOA, AND MUSHROOM PILAF | TASTY …
QUINOA PILAF WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE
QUINOA PILAF WITH MUSHROOMS - RECIPE | SPICE TREKKERS
QUINOA MUSHROOM PILAF RECIPES
QUINOA PILAF WITH CRIMINI MUSHROOMS RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook quinoa pilaf with vegetables?For even more flavorful pilaf, use vegetable stock in place of the water. Pour oil into a medium saucepan, and place over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrots; cook and stir for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Using a strainer, rinse quinoa under cold water.
How to cook quinoa and mushrooms in a pan?Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and thyme, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in quinoa until well combined. Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan, if desired.
How to cook quinoa and quinoa salad?In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shallot, tomatoes, peppers and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring often, until slightly softened and aromatic, about 4 minutes. Season with the salt and add the quinoa. Using a wooden spoon, stir to coat the quinoa in the oil. Add the chicken broth, stir and bring to a simmer.
What is the best way to cook quinoa for stir fry?Add onion, celery, and carrots; cook and stir for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Using a strainer, rinse quinoa under cold water. Drain well. Stir into the vegetables; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add water, bay leaf and lemon rind and juice; bring to boil. Cover, and reduce heat to medium low.