ROASTED LETTUCE, RADICCHIO, AND ENDIVE
A Sicilian grandmother taught me to make roasted lettuces this way. I like it for a change from serving cold salad. It is healthy and delicious! Most people like it served with crunchy bread. This also works very well with omelets in the morning or for brunch. Leftovers can be easily re-heated in the microwave.
Provided by Buckwheat Queen
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place radicchio, Belgian endive, chicory, and romaine lettuce halves in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil on top.
- Combine olives and capers in a small bowl. Mix oregano, thyme, salt, black pepper, and chile pepper in a small bowl to make spice mixture.
- Stuff inner leaves with olives, capers, and spice mixture using your fingers. Wrap halves together with kitchen string to prevent stuffing from falling out. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crispy and beginning to wilt, 10 to 15 minutes. Cut off kitchen string and sprinkle Romano cheese on top before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.4 calories, Carbohydrate 16.7 g, Cholesterol 2.6 mg, Fat 12.9 g, Fiber 10.8 g, Protein 6.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 1108.6 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
ENDIVE AND RADICCHIO SALAD WITH CARAMELIZED PEAR
This recipe came to The Times from Bruno Davaillon, the executive chef of the celebrated Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek restaurant in Dallas. It is an elegant twist on the ubiquitous blue cheese-pear salad combination. Grilling the radicchio removes the bitterness from the leafy green, helping it to better complement the pears and endive.
Provided by Tara Parker-Pope
Categories salads and dressings
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Peel the pears, cut them in half and trim to remove the seeds. Reserve one uncooked pear to finish the salad, and roast the remaining two. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the two pears cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle pears with olive oil, honey and allspice and top with a small pat of butter. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Make the blue cheese fritters. Combine cheese and butter in a mixing bowl until soft and fully incorporated. Add Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Form into small balls and refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until firm. Once firm, roll the balls between your palms to obtain a perfectly round shape. Dredge balls in flour, then beaten egg, then bread crumbs. The uncooked fritters can be reserved in the refrigerator until ready to fry. To fry, heat enough oil to cover the fritters in a fryer to 375 degrees. Add fritters to the pan and fry until golden brown.
- Make the walnut dressing. Toast walnuts in sauté pan for five minutes. Allow to cool, then chop. In a separate bowl, combine honey and ice wine vinegar and mix well. Add minced shallot and walnut oil. Mix with chopped walnuts and salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the salad. Cut radicchio in half and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook on hot grill for a couple of minutes on each side. Slice washed and dried endive into long strips.
- To assemble the salad, lay roasted radicchio on large plate. Season endive with walnut dressing and arrange around the radicchio. Top with roasted pear and freshly fried fritters. Finish with raw pear shavings.
RADICCHIO AND ENDIVE SALAD
- In a large bowl, whisk together Vinegar, Oil, Honey; Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Add radicchio and endive; Toss to Coat
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119.2, Fat 7.3, SaturatedFat 1.1, Sodium 56.8, Carbohydrate 12.9, Fiber 8, Sugar 5, Protein 3.2
ENDIVE AND RADICCHIO SALAD
- Trim endives and halve lengthwise. Cut pieces in half crosswise, then cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
- Cut radicchio in half and discard core, then cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-wide strips. Soak radicchio and endives in a large bowl of very cold water to crisp, 10 minutes, then drain and dry.
- Whisk together mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, grapeseed oil, and sesame oil in another large bowl until emulsified.
- Add endives, radicchio, scallions, and sesame seeds and toss until coated well.
ENDIVE, RADICCHIO AND WALNUT SALAD
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut 1 1/2 inches from the root end of the 2 endives and the radicchio head, and cut these root end pieces into 1/2-inch chunks. (You should have 3 about cups.) Reserve the pointed endive leaf tips and the radicchio leaves for use later in the recipe. Combine the root end chunks with the shredded carrot and nuts in a bowl.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, then add the dressing to the endive and radicchio pieces, carrots, and nuts. Toss well.
- Arrange the radicchio leaves attractively on four plates, and spoon the dressed mixture into the center of the leaves. Arrange the endive leaf tips so they stand, pointed tips up, next to one another all around the dressed salad. Serve immediately.
- Put Romaine hearts and radicchio in a bowl of ice water, soak for 20 minutes, and drain. Add more fresh water and soak for an additional 20 minutes (this removes bitterness). Drain, dry and set aside.
- For the dressing:
- Place the fennel seeds in a small saute pan over low heat. Toast, tossing occasionally, about 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Crush the toasted seeds in a mortar and pestle or seal in a plastic bag and roll with a rolling pin.
- In a saucepan, place the honey, champagne vinegar and toasted fennel seeds. Bring to a boil, stirring well. Remove from heat. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the radicchio, cabbage and watercress into a bowl. Add dressing while warm and toss well. Serve immediately.
RADICCHIO AND ENDIVE SLAW
- Halve and core radicchio, and thinly slice lengthwise. Trim off the ends of the endives; halve crosswise, and thinly slice lengthwise.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, and honey; season with salt and pepper. Add radicchio and endive; toss to coat, and serve.
QUICK RADICCHIO AND ENDIVE SALAD
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, and honey; season with salt and pepper.
- Add radicchio and endive; toss to coat. Serve.
- In a large bowl, combine vinegar and sugar; stir to dissolve sugar. Whisk in oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add radicchio, scallions, and celery seed to bowl. Toss to combine, and let stand 10 minutes to soften. Toss again, and serve.
ENDIVE AND RADICCHIO SALAD
Now that endive is at peak season here in the markets, I am always on the lookout for recipes using it. The raisins give the salad a nice balance of sweetness combined with the slightly bitter taste of endive and radicchio. This is from Canada's Company's Coming. Did you know...? "Endive is grown completely underground or indoors in the absence of sunlight, a process that prevents the leaves from turning green and opening". Source: wikipedia.
Provided by COOKGIRl
Yield 9 cups
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Salad: Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss.
- Salad Dressing: Combine all the ingredients in a jar fitted with a tight fitting lid. Shake well. Best prepared at least 1 hour in advance. Shake well before pouring. Yield: 1/3 cup.
- Serve salad with dressing on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119, Fat 5, SaturatedFat 0.7, Sodium 108.3, Carbohydrate 18.5, Fiber 6.2, Sugar 8.1, Protein 3.1
RADICCHIO AND ENDIVE SIDE DISH
- Tear radicchio and endive leaves into bite-size pieces and rinse in a strainer. Shake out all of the water.
- In a large skillet, saute 2 cloves of chopped garlic with about 2 tablespoons of oil. When garlic is beginning to slightly brown, throw in the radicchio and endive. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a bit more olive oil. Stir radicchio and endive and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid browning too much.
- Meanwhile in a smaller skillet, add remaining chopped garlic clove with a tablespoon of olive oil. As garlic browns, add chickpeas and the 3/4 cup of walnuts. Season with a little salt and pepper and a drop of olive oil and stir. Cook for 3 minutes, until chickpeas are heated through.
- Pour radicchio and endive into a serving bowl. Then pour the chickpea/walnut mixture on top. Serve warm.
More about "radicchio and endive slaw recipes"
RADICCHIO & ENDIVE SLAW - TUESDAY RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
WINTER RADICCHIO SLAW | RECIPE | ENDIVE SALAD, RADICCHIO, SLAW
ANAKA MEDIA 郎嵐 FENNEL, RADICCHIO AND ENDIVE SALAD RECIPE
ARUGULA, RADICCHIO AND ENDIVE SALAD – RECIPES NETWORK
ENDIVE, RADICCHIO, PEAR AND CRISPY PANCETTA SALAD WITH ... - LACTANTIA
ENDIVE, RADICCHIO AND WALNUT SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BELGIAN ENDIVE & RADICCHIO SALAD WITH BUTTERMILK DRESSING
BITTERSWEET ENDIVE AND RADICCHIO SALAD - THE DR. OZ SHOW
ENDIVE, RADICCHIO AND WALNUT SALAD RECIPE | @ATKINS
RADICCHIO AND ENDIVE SALAD WITH HERBED BUTTERMILK DRESSING
RADICCHIO AND ENDIVE SALAD - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
25 BEST RADICCHIO RECIPES FOR SALADS AND MORE - INSANELY GOOD
RADICCHIO AND ENDIVE SALAD RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
ENDIVE AND RADICCHIO SALAD WITH GORGONZOLA | METRO
ENDIVE, RADICCHIO AND WALNUT SALAD – RECIPES NETWORK
ENDIVE, RADICCHIO AND WALNUT SALAD - BIGOVEN.COM
13 RADICCHIO RECIPES TO TRY ASAP | ALLRECIPES
RED CABBAGE, RADICCHIO AND ENDIVE SALAD | GOURMANDE IN THE …
RADICCHIO, ENDIVE, AND ANCHOVY SALAD RECIPE - PLAIN.RECIPES
RADICCHIO, ENDIVE, AND ANCHOVY SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ENDIVE, RADICCHIO, AND CHICORY RECIPES - SERIOUS EATS
RADICCHIO, ENDIVE, AND WALNUT SALAD (INSALATA DI RADICCHIO, INDIVIA ...
RADICCHIO, ENDIVE, AND ANCHOVY SALAD RECIPE - FOOD RECIPES
ASTRAY RECIPES: ENDIVE, RADICCHIO AND WALNUT SALAD
RADICCHIO-ENDIVE WINTER SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ENDIVE, RADICCHIO AND WALNUT SALAD RECIPE | ATKINS
RED CABBAGE RADICCHIO SALAD RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
FENNEL RADICCHIO AND ENDIVE SALAD – DOWNLOAD RECIPE DIRECTIONS
RADICCHIO AND ENDIVE SALAD RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART | RADICCHIO …
RADICCHIO, ENDIVE, AND ANCHOVY SALAD RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
RADICCHIO, ENDIVE, AND CARROT SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
WINTER RADICCHIO SLAW | COOKSTR.COM
RADICCHIO AND ENDIVE SALAD WITH PECAN VINAIGRETTE
You'll also love